Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 4, 9:27 PM

Dec 2021
Will humanity find itself on the endangered species list, thanks to the ninjas? Or will Higan rise as the hero humanity desperately needs?

Yep. It's no surprise that the CEO of AUZA would hide or escape to a place created by his own company, AUZA. That should be obvious, right? Then there's Yamaji, claiming he wants to bring peace to the world through force, like a terrorist. Thankfully, Mike didn't try to sympathize with Joseph and just pulled the trigger. At least that's one positive from this finale. Everything else that followed was just... sigh.

For a show called NINJA Kamui, I expected the entire fight to involve, you know, ninjas, not some mechs that nobody asked for. All they did was throw in some secret arts and called it a day. They might as well have called it Mecha Kamui at that point. And of course, it's no surprise that all it took was a flashback with Mari and the opening theme to start playing for him to get an "impossible" power-up.

The final attack was impressive, I'll give them that, and only that. Oh, and for goodness' sake, the only good thing about this finale was Joseph's demise, but the dude didn't even die... he just pissed his pants... literally. I'll take what I can get, I guess. And of course everything has to come full circle, because obviously this won't get a second season, thankfully.

This anime was the biggest fumble I've seen. I had high hopes, not just because Park was involved, but because that first episode was so good. But unfortunately, the quality dropped soon after.

For a Toonami show, it's probably their best one yet. Even so, to put it simply, it's still not good.
IzanaSolosMay 4, 9:47 PM

May 4, 9:37 PM

Mar 2014
Final fight was epic when that OP song kicked in. Really the music for the entire series has been stellar.

Pleasant surprise that Mike survived after they left that detail that he was close to retirement, and he even caught the brat CEO. Big W for Mike.

Best Toonami original so far, despite some flaws.
May 4, 9:39 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
That ending felt kind of abrupt. It wrapped up a lot quicker than I thought it would.

Honestly, I found this pretty forgettable. The further we got in, the less I cared. The first few episodes were interesting with his quest for revenge and awesome hand to hand ninja battles. But the increasingly convoluted plot, mech suits, and annoying Jason Demarco stand-in character made it boring and uninteresting.

I'll give credit where it's due on the fight choreography, but nothing else stands out aside from Mike, who I found to be the most compelling character since Higan was so 1 dimensional (despite having a backstory that should have made him really interesting).

Not the worst Toonami produced show, but ultimately forgettable.

5/10
May 4, 9:55 PM

May 2020
I enjoyed the hand to hand combat in the first 3 or 4 episodes the most.

Once the mecha suits were introduced, the show went downhill for me. Way too much overreliance on CGI.

Sadly I felt no emotional connection to Joe Logan's family so the callbacks felt flat to me.

At least Mike got a great beatdown to avenge Emma in the finale.
May 4, 10:14 PM

Jun 2021
The series was never good to begin with but atleast the first episode was watchable because of fast action scenes. But after some episode even the action scenes become less entertaining.

Only reason I was able to complete this series is because it's seasonal otherwise I would have probably dropped it after 2 or 3 episode. I'm glad the rating of the series is decreasing, now atleast some people won't be deceive by the high rating of the series. I still remember some mindless action fans were calling this hidden gem and best anime of the season lol.

My doctor has always told me to smoke. He even explains himself: “Smoke, my friend. Otherwise someone else will smoke in your place.”

May 4, 11:53 PM
Jul 2014
I had such high hopes for this after the first few ep's. Then the mech suits happened and the quality kept dropping each ep.

If I wanted to watch something like this I'd watch one of the lower quality Garo spinoffs.
May 5, 12:32 AM

Apr 2020
Started very well and got worse.
It was still good overall and the animation and action were top notch.
7/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
May 5, 12:51 AM
Feb 2021
Biggest rating drop I’ve ever seen, from 8.8 to 7.6, though idk why it was that high for just the first 2 episodes
May 5, 2:23 AM
Aug 2022
Oo Man I completely Forgot to watch it. gonna watch it now.

Despite the writings below I'm sad about the inclusion of mechas. they really somehow ruined the Anime's fighting scenario with robotics.

Edit after watching:-

Final fight was Epic specially with that secret art when the OP Song kicked in.
Really the music for the entire series has been stellar.
Pleasant surprise that Mike survived after they left that details that he was close to retirement, & he even caught that brat CEO. Big W for Mike.
Zai he survived glad he lived on like Higan. Mari will remember her forever.
Higan dropped his suit on lake that means he left being a ninja but that doesn't change his skills.
Mind blowing anime series this was. Only was hoping for this type of plot. Really enjoyed it alot.
Best toonami original so far, despite some flaws.
This ending is perfect no need for S2.
Beautiful Anime will remember it forever 🔥.
Score 8/10
Finished on 5th May 2024 at 17:02 Hrs IST.

Ricky16May 5, 6:13 AM
May 5, 2:49 AM
Sep 2015
Not making a sequel is the right decision for this anime.
May 5, 2:51 AM
Jul 2022
Damn, it's over? Haven't caught up with the last few eps. I've really lost interest in it tbh. It started off so good. But I'll try to finish it asap just for the sake of completing it.
May 5, 2:56 AM
Jul 2008
at first it was cool seeing the how ninjas fought but in the end it became mecha vs mecha.

no matter how good ninja you are, you can't win if the mecha suit is not as good as the opponent. why higan never thank emma for providing the suit?

quite boring from the middle part and it became even more boring after emma's death.
LeonLanfordMay 5, 3:02 AM
May 5, 3:08 AM
Aug 2021
It was ass, first few episodes had me thinking it'll be the new hot thing but nope.
May 5, 3:18 AM
May 2021
Started so strong honestly was a 9 for me at the start no joke. Went to shit from ep 6 onwards forreal. Now its a 5/10 sadly.
May 5, 3:35 AM

Feb 2021
Pretty good ending. I like it.
May 5, 3:40 AM
Apr 2024
Good anime, I don't really care about bad CGI, the plot is what matters
May 5, 3:51 AM

Jun 2014
The switch up on this series legitimately needs to be studied lol.

The moment this entire series has been leading up to, Higan vs. Yamaji, is finally here. You know what the funny part is, the fight choreography in this episode, and even the other episodes with mech suit fights, was still really fucking good, it's just that the CGI makes it look clunky and unpleasant. Anime fans and CGI is one of history's greatest rivalries, so take all that away and keep the same choreography, or at least present the mech suit fights in 2D, and I guarantee the complaints drop immensely. With that being said, I still found the finale entertaining. Zai intervening to attack Yamaji was a great moment for him, and Higan tapping into his suit's true potential with the OP playing in the background was just dope.

The episode probably could have benefited from the fight being 2 or 3 minutes shorter, because the post-fight wrap up felt kind of rushed ngl. I will say, I definitely thought this show would end with Higan, Zai, and Mike all dead (esp. Zai), so I'm glad I was wrong there. Mike getting to beat up that little bitch Joseph before seeing him get tossed into a cop car was satisfying too. Another couple minutes to show the effect of the aftermath of these events on AUZA and the rest of the ninjas would have been nice, but unfortunately, time constraints. Well, at least Higan can put all this behind him and move on with his life.

A decent and easy-to-follow story (though with shows like this, I'm not watching for the story, nor am I expecting something super complex and deep to begin with, let's be real), along with great action, animation, fight choreography, and a good OST, but the mech suits definitely left a sour taste in the audience's mouth. Even though I didn't mind it as much as others, I still would have preferred a Ninja Kamui without them. The fights were still decent with them, just the presentation looked clunky and jarring. It was still a good, solid watch though.
thebrentinator24May 5, 9:48 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 5, 3:53 AM
Sep 2021
From start to finish, it was an amazing show. Good animation, story & characters.
May 5, 3:55 AM
Apr 2024
FINALLYYYYYY shit is over. I'm not even gonna waste my time writing anything more descriptive than necessary for this - the biggest disappointment of the current decade.
Edit. I'll say it again. Switch to mechas was only a minor factor of this anime's fall.
18927May 5, 4:05 AM
May 5, 3:56 AM

Jan 2011
I don't see this as a big fumble or a quality drop but do think it could have been best of the winter but it will just be very solid. I hope Toonami keeps doing joint products as this was really good. It wasn't perfect though as some things were very iffy like Higan getting a random power up. I also don't see the purpose of keeping Zai alive but he felt undercooked. I do enjoy Mike and happy to see him get a good ending to his arc. Let's hope he is treated like a hero and not a terrorist.

8 out of 10

Also pretty solid English dub too. It's not Cowboy Bebop level though sadly.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
May 5, 4:08 AM
Aug 2020
this was not the best end unfortunately...

instead of finish the anime with a ninja fight , they used again the mecha...

the Title was Ninja Kamui not robot Kamui...

7/10 because the beginning was great...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 5, 4:18 AM
Apr 2022
during the final fights the villain's sword was just hanging in mid air, it was weird, so 6/10
May 5, 4:21 AM
Aug 2021
Amazing finale. The fights were on point. I thought he actually killed Joseph. I wouldn't blame him tbh😂. The only part that erks me is the fact that Zai and Higan didn't stay together. After all of this, you guys have no one, I was hoping the end scene would be them kicking it back together.
May 5, 4:39 AM
Aug 2015
CGI final bosses are a mistake
May 5, 4:46 AM
Aug 2021
It was a good finale, my only gripe with it is that it should’ve been longer for a series with only 13 episodes. If the runtime was 40 minutes there might have been more time to have proper closure with all the characters, and the fights could’ve been more drawn out as well. Additionally, you could’ve also thrown some hand-to-hand combat in there as well with the suits breaking again. Overall I really enjoyed watching this show that I discovered through a bowling alley tv.

Also Mike drifting a Honda Civic into an airplane is the greatest thing I’ve ever seen.
MarcthemuserMay 5, 7:04 PM
May 5, 5:22 AM
Feb 2020
Rather than the CG its that the fights feels really slow for what supposed to be combat boosting suits..

Honestly dont think the show is THAT bad.Still has better production than most seasonal animes.Plot is pretty predictable and cliched but not a chore to watch thru.
-7.5 imo
May 5, 5:33 AM
Sep 2023
The story was bit rushed.
There wasn’t any fight in most of the episodes.And all the fights except Zai and Yamaji one finished very quickly without any excitement in them
And the fight was great but it seemed like I was playing a game when watching it.
It’s kinda weird that Higan beat Yamaji at the end just by using Zai's secret art.It means Zai could also defeat Yamaji if he used his art.
Rom-Com_loverMay 5, 5:49 AM
May 5, 5:35 AM

Aug 2013
Right in the Code Geass. Oh wait, right in the kokoro.

Honestly, the first episode was good. Afterwards it never really did pick up.

All in all it was still pretty enjoyable even though the music at times didn't suit the show imo. Not quite an 8 from me.

The final seemed kinda vague too; but lets just attribute that to the almighty suit plot armor.
May 5, 5:38 AM

Feb 2018
thank god its over and i never have to see CGI ninja mech fights again
May 5, 5:57 AM

May 2021
Twelve episodes of buildup and some iffy story building only to end up on a shitty CGI fight, vague attempts at closing loose ends and some poor choreography.

This show really was at its best in the beginning.
May 5, 6:04 AM

Jan 2013
Thank god this is finally over
This one really went downhill
May 5, 6:06 AM
Jan 2020
Chad Stahelski paired with Seong-hu Park, you would've think this would've been the greatest anime of all time lmao

Genuinely a waste of really good choreography with that atrocious CGI man, paired with the most generic writing in the existence of action flicks
RonninnMay 5, 6:38 AM
May 5, 6:11 AM

Jan 2018
FINALLY it's over. I stand by episode 1 & I think 7 being the only decent episodes.
May 5, 6:12 AM

Jul 2017
When I first saw the premiere, I was surprised by how solid it was given I really disliked Jujutsu Kaisen and God of High School which the director worked on previously, but I also knew that this show had decent chances of going haywire and collapsing completely after a couple episodes so I was more patient to see where this was going first. And boy was I right, what an absolute fall off this series has had episode by episode after the first couple and this finale did the show no favors with its closure. Somehow even the thing the series had going for it with the premiere, the action, fell apart and that could not be a saving grace for this anime. Overall, this show is one I would prefer to forget about sooner rather than later with time.
May 5, 6:31 AM

Apr 2022
fumble was so bad, it genuinely needs to be studied. to think there used to be a time when i hyped for new episodes, now i'm just glad it's over bru. first episode was such a great start despite being simple but ye the rest of it is trash and we even end it off with a cgi mech fight ffs, well maybe the real ninja kamui was the mechs we met along the way. 8.70 to 7.56 rn lmfao.
May 5, 6:37 AM
Jan 2020
POV: Sukuna vs Mahoroga if Park still directed it
May 5, 6:50 AM
Jan 2023
fuck, why it CGI very bad!!! it make the fight worst than before!!!
May 5, 6:53 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
First few episodes graced us with some GLORIOUS fight scenes.... and then it all just continues to be bland and unimagined, like they didn't know where to go with the story. This anime for the most part actually felt like it was AI-generated. Man what a let down. Can we even say it fell-off if it was never even really any good to begin with? I'll argue yes, potential was shown in the beginning, and not just because of the first fight scenes which again, were just AMAZING. It actually did have a good set-up imo, not the most creative story in the world but a decent enough beginning to what could've been a satisfying revenge story. But no it just falls flat on its face as we get some dumb plot elements and CG mech suits.

It didn't have to be smart, or unique, or deep. Heck it could've just been a dumb-fun revenge story. But we got the dumb without the fun. What a disappointment. Should've drop it after the first couple of episodes, which contain the only good that I have to say about whatever this show was.

3/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 5, 6:53 AM
Jan 2023
great and great in the first to the FUCKING SHIT in the in the last
May 5, 7:10 AM

Aug 2015
Man the first episode had such amazing fight choreography and visuals. To think this horrible CGI battle animation is from the same show...
May 5, 7:43 AM
Dec 2013
Glad that this now has a lower rating than RK (2023).

Anyway, this anime was a trainwreck. Only 3 episodes of this show were good. The CGI mecha suits ruined the show, and of course the final episode ends up being a fight with the CGI mecha suits which is slow af like the rest of the CGI fights in this show. This is a big reason why I don't like this CGI crap. You get fight scenes that end up being at a slower speed and less enjoyable to watch compared to the faster-speed fights when animated in 2D. Also, The God of High School was better than this, but for some reason has a significantly lower rating than this show, so I'm hoping the rating for Ninja Kamui will drop even lower.
wildhoodMay 6, 8:28 AM
May 5, 8:14 AM

Feb 2013
Had its good points but too ambitious if you ask me. Trying to make an original story work in 12-13 episodes isn't easy anyway. Sora yori mo Tooi Basho and 08th MS Team are examples of it working well. In a lot of cases though it's either too long or not long enough. I think this was the former. This probably would have been better as a mini-series (8 eps or less) or even a film with whatever budget they had. That may have been able to help tighten the story up and cut down on the excessive CGI. Decent enough watch though and still plenty worse out there.
May 5, 8:37 AM

May 2021
This was so bad that it reminded me Insomniacs After School, 1/10.
May 5, 8:53 AM
May 2018
AnimeSrk said:
From start to finish, it was an amazing show. Good animation, story & characters.

You got to be kidding me. I think you need better standards.

This show is a 5/10 AT BEST.
May 5, 8:59 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Joseph finally got arrested by Mike and we get an epic fight scene between Higan and Yamaji. I knew Zai was going to come in a sacrifice himself, but I'm glad he didn't die. On top of that the soundtrack kicked so much ass. This is probably one of the better shows produced by Adult Swim despite the ending being rushed and with the way things have ended, there is not going to be another season anytime soon which is okay with me. This anime definitely had a early 2000s feel to it as it was done by Gonzo or Manglobe.

8/10

Not bad for a show that deals with ninjas in the modern world, but could have been executed better.
AddaeAkonoMay 5, 9:03 AM
May 5, 9:17 AM
best $30 i spent

Oct 2023
Wow 8 weeks of disappointment.

My friend recommended Ninja Kamui to me after he saw the first episode and I don’t even think he finished it LMFAO
May 5, 9:18 AM
Mar 2019
Decent. It's not terrible or amazing.

I just wish the 3D fights had better framerate. The fight choreography is great (it was the best in the final ep) but the images feel sluggish.
May 5, 9:27 AM
Oct 2020
6/10. It was ok. The generic story is average at best but that's kinda what I expected. What really disappointed me was the mech suits. I thought even if the story is mid at least I'll enjoy some high-quality action scenes but then the mech suits ruined that so there really isn't anything else that makes the show stand out. I think this was a ok first full anime by Seong-Hu Park's new studio. The fighting choreography was still good though. I wished it could've been more but it was just ok at the end.
May 5, 10:05 AM
Nov 2021
i thought it was decent. the fight scenes are also good.
May 5, 10:43 AM
Dec 2009
The cg mechanic suits really put a damper on the fights. Once those were gone, the show was decent. Story definitely felt it sped up towards the later episodes.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» This series is good & bad at the same time.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 20

22 by Deago »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 27

63 by Endl8ss »»
May 26, 1:24 PM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 20

49 by Endl8ss »»
May 26, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 13

51 by Endl8ss »»
May 25, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 6

50 by Endl8ss »»
May 25, 1:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.