Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
WIND BREAKER
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 11, 10:25 AM

Nov 2011
Haruka made that look so easy. Fight was over after a blink of the eye. I do hope that Akihiko learns something from him. It seems he became his fan real fast. Episode protrayed him like a comic relief.

On the other hand, I think the drama blending with the comedy works so far. They can't seem to stay away from fighting but given the show's themes, it's not that surprising. Hayato also made an appearance too. I think they're taking time to flesh out these characters.
Apr 11, 10:55 AM
Dec 2020
I swear I saw Baji, Takemichi and izana. This anime is a Tokyo Revengers rip off
fragariamemoriesJun 13, 7:05 PM
Apr 11, 10:59 AM

Dec 2021
Reminds me of Deku, especially when he had black hair.

Named Bofurin, the morning of the entrance ceremony transformed Furin High School into a school that protects the town. Before heading to school, Sakura was having breakfast at Café Pothos when a lively boy, Akihiko Nirei, burst into the shop. He, the same age as Sakura, had come to show off his Furin High School uniform, fulfilling his long-awaited wish. Sakura was thrown off balance by his boundless brightness and behavior. As they left the shop, they were suddenly grabbed by the arm and heard a cry for help from the people in the shopping district—leaving Sakura bewildered.

Into Furin High School we go!

Apr 11, 11:53 AM

Jun 2016
Suo coming off exactly as I want him to be. Such a well chosen voice actor for him 👍 I look forward to seeing more by next week, but I am thoroughly happy with their adaptation of Wind Breaker so far. Keep it up, CloverWork 👍
Gift by Mimurona

Apr 11, 12:08 PM

Jul 2017
The production is solid for it but damn the characters and story have been boring so far, and this episode felt like it took forever as a result of that. I wish the premise and the MC had something more interesting to offer since the start feels too bland and predictable beyond the action bits.
Apr 11, 12:13 PM
Sep 2015
Nice follow-up episode but I hope they can find the excuse to start fighting that's not "saving woman from getting harassed".

I wish I could enroll into an all-boy (is it?) yankee school like this. But I'm not there to be a top dog, I just want to be their dog.
Apr 11, 12:23 PM

Sep 2023
I loved this episode. The interactions between Sakura and Nirei were great. Thus far, this anime is just a lot of fun to watch. A big part of that is the art and animation from CloverWorks, but the writing and characters are also enjoyable.
Apr 11, 12:50 PM

Feb 2021
There's no way that's their actual school....

AsTralonTop said:
Where can I watch the second ep?
It's on Crunchyroll
Apr 11, 12:57 PM
Oct 2018
You can see the potential of the series, I wonder how the situation in Sakura's class will develop.
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

May 2020
Leave it to Cloverworks and they could make the most cliche, most plain thing with an unfunny humour at that, look good. Though just visually. I mean those dialogues about "evil" and "good" looked like something cropped out from a script of an early morning religious show. 

Good to get the confirmation that there isn't any public authority like police working in their city, otherwise I mean, they wouldn't have been able to pull off that one bunch of guys harassing any random girl out there, TWICE in TWO episodes. 

Also, these "school-going" guys who look like runaway convicts wouldn't be roaming the streets too, if there was police:) 

One more thing, that girls who works in a bakery or whatever, knows Sakura since.. like 1 day right? Why are they talking as if they have known each other for years now lmaooo.
Apr 11, 1:06 PM

Apr 2012
Oh crap, he's in the same class as Zenitsu. But jokes aside, I have two questions. Is their school all-male and why is there a girl in their school uniform in one of the shots? And secondly, if their boys is so cool and GOAT-ed, then why do stupid bandits still appear in the city?
Apr 11, 1:22 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
First day at Furin and Sakura is picking a fight with the strongest guy in the school in Kyotaro Sugishita. I expect Sakura to get his ass kicked for him to learn that its a long way to reach the top.
Apr 11, 1:58 PM

May 2021
Slower pace than initial hooker episode, but overall good. Glad to see animation quality is not dropping.
Apr 11, 2:07 PM

Jun 2014
Sakura being showered with free stuff and all kinds of appreciation and he doesn't know how to handle all the attention lol. Makes sense based on what we can infer so far from his past.

Looks like he made a new....acquaintance and they're finally starting school. Looks like the story should start picking up from here.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Apr 11, 2:28 PM

Apr 2023
It has to be Leonardo DiCaprio for me, what! ya'll thought "The wolf of wall street" was his magnum opus just wait and see him in an eye patch in this one.

Apr 11, 2:30 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh the resemblance lmao, i am not gonna talk about that anymore but its still way too funny seeing that here lmao.

So they all the first-class, huh? Quite interesting to know that and this is only the beginning. Wonder what kind of people of the upperclassmen will be? But so far, thats it. Funny guy already being the best friend with our mc, kinda, and the tall guy picking a fight already with him? Now that's good, no need a simple introduction with 'em, do it with a brawl you guys. More violence always great in my book.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 11, 3:06 PM
Jun 2021
This ep was pretty good.

Animation is still great, music is too. Some of the characters do remind me a lot of Tokyo Revengers characters, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing.

This episode wasn’t anything to special, but the end made me excited for the next one!
Apr 11, 3:56 PM
Mar 2024
spectacular, sakura is a great protagonist, if it continues like this it will be my favorite anime about school gang members
Apr 11, 4:01 PM
Aug 2020
It was too short 😭😭😭
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 11, 4:05 PM

Nov 2020
Ehh the blond is one of those loudly annoying characters xD Tsundere MC is also starting to get a little irritating but still a nice episode, I wonder how strong the MC is compared to the elite
Apr 11, 4:13 PM
Oct 2016
Now that we've meet Sakura and seen what he's about it's time to meet more of the main cast! Starting with Nirei, who's no fighter like most of the guys at Furin but he's got an important role nonetheless. Nirei having a notebook filled with information about all the big names at Furin will help get Sakura acquainted with each of them. Sakura being an outsider to this town, how it works, and who the top dogs are puts him at a disadvantage but Nirei can help bridge that gap. Nirei isn't spineless though sticking up for that girl being pestered by some other thugs. Standing his ground and not just letting the guys walk away, long enough for Sakura to come knock them out. It's a great scene and helps bring Sakura and Nirei closer. Luckily they're both in the same class for school so they'll be spending lots of time together. Apparently there's quite a few strong guys in their class. We instantly meet more than a few interesting looking characters right in home room. Furin itself has an insane design inside and out so its fitting that the students match that wild energy. Sakura has his work cut out climbing to the top of this place.
Apr 11, 4:21 PM
Feb 2020
i dont like this
maybe if a different studio did it i would like it

its maybe better than episode 1 but i still dont like it
i guess i will keep watching it but i really dont like it

the character designs are bad and the lighting makes it all look ai generated which distracts from the story and makes me not pay attention to the show
Apr 11, 4:43 PM

Mar 2021
Ahh so here's this anime's version of Takemichi, down to the clingy fighting style! Plus the Deku freckles and otaku vibe.

That school has more graffiti than a downtown ghetto... like, restrooms and select areas can have graffiti, but a normal hallway? I kinda feel bad for the teachers. :/

Besides Furin Takemichi, we also have Furin Baji :3
Apr 11, 5:40 PM
Oct 2019
Very good episode, I was sad that they cut the MC's fight, but it's understandable, they're only going to focus on the main ones, but it's really cool to see an MC who isn't afraid
Apr 11, 5:58 PM
Apr 2021
Nice episode we finally got to met Suo aka the Mikey of this show and cloverworks didn’t disappoint with the art quality of his character I liked how detailed his earrings are and bro killed me when he said he was “Leonardo DiCaprio” that was so random yet funny and to think Sakura believed in him made it even more funnier🤣

Nirei is gonna be our token zenitsu character who screams a lot but gives us explanations for when we the audience don’t know what’s going on, kinda funny how bro didn’t know how to actually fight and was on his 3rd patrol around the town

Sugishita lowkey reminds me of Baki and Ryuen this show really likes taking inspiration from Tokyo Revengers💀💀💀

The ending song playing before the actual visual came on was so good, a really nice touch to me it reminded me of how Lycoris Recoil used to let the ending song play before the actual visuals came and when shows do that it just gives me goosebumps for some reason🔥🔥

cant wait for the next episode to see the fight between Sakura and Sugishita🔥💪🏽
Apr 11, 6:33 PM

May 2015
Yeah I thought this might be dumb fun, but sadly its just dumb
Apr 11, 6:52 PM
Nov 2016
We got more tsundere Sakura and blushy moments. HE'S SO ADORABLE, I LOVE HIM! XD

His reactions when he thought that Suo was from overseas were too cute :D

Anyway, I love Sakura and he is already one of my favoruite MC, and already like the supporting characters too. This will probably stay in my top 3 series of the season
Apr 11, 7:05 PM

Nov 2012
Mad dog guy = the reincarnation of Keisuke Baji.
Apr 11, 7:31 PM
May 2021
it's seriously adorable how easily flustered sakura is. tsundere of the season, i love it. suo seems really silly, i think ill like his character a lot.

only 2 episodes in but im really liking it so far. i think this'll end up being one of my favorites this season.

My 2023 candies:
Apr 11, 8:03 PM

May 2013
Liked Akihiko's character so far. Bro is stylin' with that purple shirt too. Brought some nice ffunny moments to the show too. Can see him being a good pair with the MC.

End of the episode was incredibly hype.

CloverWorks absolutely killing it on producing this.
Apr 11, 8:05 PM

May 2013
Reply to billybub
Yeah I thought this might be dumb fun, but sadly its just dumb
@billybub Brrroooooooo duuuuude BROOOOOO dude bro dude BROOOOOOOO. Sorry to hear it, it's been a ton of fun for me.
Apr 11, 8:07 PM

May 2013
Reply to ToleratedToast6
i dont like this
maybe if a different studio did it i would like it

its maybe better than episode 1 but i still dont like it
i guess i will keep watching it but i really dont like it

the character designs are bad and the lighting makes it all look ai generated which distracts from the story and makes me not pay attention to the show
@ToleratedToast6 Really??? The production has been flawless for me. I felt like, if anything, Cloverworks was absolutely breathing half the life into this show. They always kill it with their adaptations: you really don't get much better than them.
Apr 11, 8:08 PM

May 2013
Reply to Kamquat420
It has to be Leonardo DiCaprio for me, what! ya'll thought "The wolf of wall street" was his magnum opus just wait and see him in an eye patch in this one.
@Kamquat420 Need a live action adaptation with DiCaprio acting that character xD.
Apr 11, 8:24 PM
Sep 2022
The end put it at a cliff-hanger, and the neirei or whatever brought a bit of comic relief
Apr 11, 8:38 PM

Dec 2022
I like the fact that he just enjoys good fights lol he doesn't seem to care who it is or where it is.

Apr 11, 8:44 PM

Apr 2021
Aw man, I was hoping to see at least one Furin fight in this second episode, teasing so I’ll watch the next episode is not cool.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 11, 9:07 PM

Apr 2022
bit of a downgrade, first episode was pretty fun but this one was kinda boring.
Apr 11, 9:09 PM

Jan 2017
Ohhh baby Sakura why so fine? 😭😍

I'm so excited for the appearance of the new characters that I feel so jealous of Kotoha-chan being in this universe! 😂🤧
Nice animation, epic fight scenes, good-looking characters, all in one!
Thank you Cloverworks!

Looking forward to the next episode!
Apr 11, 9:13 PM
Sep 2023
Tokyo revengers with no murder
Apr 11, 9:22 PM

May 2019
I figured that Haruka's classmates would be friendly towards him after Nirei prematurely warned him about them since he was involved in the fight from the first episode but he did find a tough guy that looks to be a challenging fight.

Also, I liked Haruka's reactions to everyone being so friendly towards him as he's not used to it lol. On that note I liked how it was explained at the end how he went back to pick up the food that was given to him and ate it after fighting the goons in the alley.
Apr 11, 9:26 PM
Jan 2022
i really like this anime... one of my favs so far this season
Apr 11, 9:30 PM

Nov 2021
Episode literally felt like it was 5 minutes long. I was so confused when the credits started playing
Apr 11, 9:35 PM
Jan 2023
it is a perfect delinquent's anime
Apr 11, 9:39 PM
Nov 2022
the VAs are PERFECT!! As a manga reader, the voices are exactly how I wanted them to be ♡
looking forward to the next episode ;)
Apr 11, 11:02 PM
Feb 2015
what a cute mc, haruka kun. i will never get tired seeing his blushing furiously while being thanked for. He got new friend/sidekick. Thought he was strong but not physically at least. Suo is dlusional and eccentric guy but he's a funny one, and it cute Haruka trying to speak english with him.
Apr 11, 11:07 PM
Oct 2023
The epsiode was going decent, but the last 5 mins make it good, the entry of new classmates is fire, and that sakura vs that boy match up....
Apr 11, 11:52 PM

Apr 2023
I like the character designs and I love Sakura getting shy whenever people praise or thank him. I hope Nirei has character development because his personality is a bit annoying to me right now, at least show that his tendency to write down about cool people actually useful at some point. I have a lot of hope for Wind Breaker!

Apr 12, 12:47 AM
Nov 2018
why'd you stop at that spot...it was just getting good! i really hope we get the full fight next week
Apr 12, 1:13 AM
Jan 2020
Mfs nowadays in deliquents anime really looks like twinks lmao it's funny, they can't profit without the fujos (or like sports anime in general)

RonninnApr 12, 2:26 AM
Apr 12, 1:49 AM
Jul 2013
This is not going to make any sense to anyone who isn’t a seasoned fujoshi…. But the two newly introduced guys look and act EXACTLY like the main couple from Akiyama-kun so far. I am so excited to see how they interact….
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20

90 by smoodflamez »»
Sep 23, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 30

150 by Celestial-Honami »»
Sep 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 4

247 by NovaMagic »»
Sep 13, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 27

156 by theblur »»
Sep 7, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 13

78 by Ashhk »»
Aug 31, 12:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.