Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 8:00 AM

Dec 2021
Mangaka Kagiri Araido's manga about Aomori propaganda, I mean, a heartwarming story about a loving elderly couple, is finally here, almost four years after its debut.

Koresawa's OP is so chill and laid-back, perfect for this series, and they really snapped because this is a banger. While Shouzou and Ine's ED... is, uh, well, an ED of all time for sure.

Shouzou and Ine, an elderly couple living a quiet life in a farming village in Aomori Prefecture, have been happily married for as long as they can remember. Even in their old age with wrinkles and cracking limbs, the strength of their love is evident by their precious bond. After eating a mysterious apple from their farm, they spontaneously regain their youth. Despite their newfound youthful and attractive bodies, Shouzou and Ine continue to live life at a grandparent-ly pace, remaining the same as ever.

Imagine being with your wife and you're both grandparents now, then suddenly your wife regains her youth exactly to the point where you fell in love with her... Of course, you'll jump on her, LOL. But, uh, the grandchild is... EXCUSE ME, GIRL, THAT IS YOUR GRANDFATHER. I'm surprised that the old men didn't mistake the young-looking elderly couple as having Alzheimer's or dementia. Jeez, though, what's up with this family... everyone is just about that incest life, aren't they? I respect the father; Mother's love is irreplaceable. Those two... are they the product of a harem? But damn, look at those damn arms! Gramps is fucking jacked... but I feel Ine is going to steal the spotlight as always anyway. This old couple can be freaking savage when needed, LOL. Mino, though... he ain't marrying someone who lost to her grandpa, LOL. But Shouzou's dad... Ayo, that's not a rough brawl; your dad literally has a knife to shank you with.

Incest stuff aside, this show looks to be the comfy show of the season, and hey, I'm all up for some "elderly" love, so count me in.

Apr 7, 8:00 AM

Jul 2017
Mangaka Kagiri Araido's heartwarming couple's time-digression manga...it's quite the premise.

Koresawa's OP is rather nice. The ED...it's just a experience lols.

The story about a grandfather and grandmother couple where they suddenly turn young again...it's definitely weird, but OK. And the elderly Saitou couple of Shouzou and Ine sure has their neighbours all surprised that they digressed into young adults, especially their granddaughter Mino who she is definitely shocked about it, from their immediate family of Kaede and Yoshiaki.

The feud between Minamimachi and Kitamachi at the sports festival, it's the age-old treachery, and both Shouzou and Ine sure feel like their youth, even at 70 years of age. The Minamibachi crew sure has Kitamichi's Shouta Igarashi all cornered even as Mino sings his praises, and the women debate whether he's a good fit for her. Even Shouzou and Ine do have their love story that Mino finds interesting and toys with them a lot.

It's a compilation of short stories, but a pretty novel idea, if this show is one. Pretty hilarious on its comedy, and the incest...let's not question that.
KANLen09Apr 10, 12:33 AM
Apr 7, 8:02 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty funny and unique premise. This might be a nice show.
Apr 7, 8:04 AM
Aug 2022
1st Time in history, we got to see grandparents story 😭
Ricky16Apr 7, 8:44 AM
Apr 7, 8:08 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
That was a bit more meme than I expected but not bad, pretty novel idea if nothing else
Apr 7, 8:09 AM

Apr 2010
I wasn't sure what to expect but so far it seems ok, it's mainly short stories now at least that's the feeling i get from this.
It wonder if this becomes something wholesome but i guess we have to wait and see.
For now it seems nice tho.
Apr 7, 8:22 AM

Mar 2021
This was really sweet and hilarious I think I am going to really enjoy this show.
Apr 7, 8:24 AM

Feb 2021
Was looking forward to this one, I remember checking out the manga a long time ago and really liking it.
The VAs being veterans in the industry is fitting.

Typhoon Mireille in Japanese is colloquially called りんご台風 (ringo taifuu) - "apple typhoon" because it damaged a lot of apples. Cool trivia.
OH NO THEY'RE HOT
What's that at the end of the OP lol. Must be some tradition I don't know about.
Mandarin ducks are a symbol of love apparently. Didn't know that.
They are talking in a dialect I don't know, interesting.
14:40 二人三脚 (nininsankyaku lit. two people three legs) can mean "three-legged race", but also "cooperation with singleness of purpose (e.g. between companies); operating in tandem". So 人生二人三脚 can also mean "life as a pair".

Soitogeyo (添い遂げよう) in the ED means "let's remain married for life".

Nice episode, really wholesome. I like the second ship already too. It may feel rushed, but the manga chapters are all 4-6 pages long, so it's understandable. (This episode alone must've adapted a dozen chapters or something).
EmbientApr 7, 8:33 AM
Apr 7, 8:37 AM
Sep 2015
Even if you're lucky enough to remember your grandparents alive, you're still not lucky enough to witness them at their prime, at their peak, at their (physically) strongest, at their sexiest moment. This anime shows a "what-if" situation that seems like an escapism of the aging society that many (developed) countries are facing. There is no easy way to fix the aging society, but this anime provide some laughs to the criris.

Though I may not be able to laugh as much as I want because I've to use almost all of my brain cells to keep track of the timeline of this anime because the editing department switch back and forth between the past and the present at their whim.

It is a good anime though.
Apr 7, 9:05 AM

Jul 2017
I'm not gonna lie, I wish this was just a show about an elderly couple in love with each other in a slice of life than having to add the gimmick of them age regressing, especially since they still loved each other before and now, and it is just more shocking for others and having the humor directed there more than anything. Not much of a fan of the incest jokes in this one based on how attractive the old grandfather looks now but it is what it is. By the end, didn't really feel much about this, would have been more refreshing if less gimmicky.
Apr 7, 9:24 AM
Aug 2022
Looks like a fun show, it’s very rare I get to see a couple develop past the confession. Were they’re like 50 steps ahead
Apr 7, 9:25 AM

Aug 2022
An ordinary pair of Grandfather and Grandmother who were initially gardening, then found a golden apple in one of the trees. And after that they were young again.

It was truly a miracle that this elderly couple experienced. This is very cute and also funny. Would love to see more of this family.

RafaBryanApr 7, 9:33 AM
Apr 7, 9:29 AM
Mar 2019
This show just gonna be a bunch of gag skits titled "old people who are young again doing things young people do"?
Apr 7, 9:43 AM

Jul 2016
Love how instead of wondering how they can harness the black magic sorcery of an elderly couple growing several decades younger overnight, the whole neighborhood collectively decided to either just roll with it or to conjure new ...fantasies out of it.

Wasn't expecting a skit-based format but this is so damn cute.
Apr 7, 9:55 AM

May 2010
Cute, very very wholesome, gonna stick with this one
Infinite growth is the ideology of a cancer cell
Apr 7, 9:57 AM

Jul 2009
They altered the initial setting. Not bad through i dont see how they wil connect with the lastest chapters unless they intodivce the
later
bruh
Apr 7, 10:07 AM

Nov 2013
This was a fun episode :D Love the characters.
Apr 7, 10:10 AM

Jan 2021
Haven't even seen it, but just by the synopsis you can tell that... they probably died
Apr 7, 10:13 AM

Dec 2022
man what is this and how is this so wholesome moreover how is this so high quality i want more of this man i never knew i needed this until i needed this

anyway astonishment aside i always like my romance anime especially ones where they already are married and make them an old couple is just the perfect mixture on top of that this is high quality so it doesn't even need good plot the premise is interesting enough on top of that it has good plot now man it meets all my criteria
Apr 7, 10:26 AM

Nov 2016
Very sweet and a lot more hilarious than I thoughtand sus lmao As an Okaasan Online enjoyer I don't mind.
FMmatronApr 7, 1:03 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 7, 10:45 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to IzanaSolos
Mangaka Kagiri Araido's manga about Aomori propaganda, I mean, a heartwarming story about a loving elderly couple, is finally here, almost four years after its debut.

Koresawa's OP is so chill and laid-back, perfect for this series, and they really snapped because this is a banger. While Shouzou and Ine's ED... is, uh, well, an ED of all time for sure.

Shouzou and Ine, an elderly couple living a quiet life in a farming village in Aomori Prefecture, have been happily married for as long as they can remember. Even in their old age with wrinkles and cracking limbs, the strength of their love is evident by their precious bond. After eating a mysterious apple from their farm, they spontaneously regain their youth. Despite their newfound youthful and attractive bodies, Shouzou and Ine continue to live life at a grandparent-ly pace, remaining the same as ever.

Imagine being with your wife and you're both grandparents now, then suddenly your wife regains her youth exactly to the point where you fell in love with her... Of course, you'll jump on her, LOL. But, uh, the grandchild is... EXCUSE ME, GIRL, THAT IS YOUR GRANDFATHER. I'm surprised that the old men didn't mistake the young-looking elderly couple as having Alzheimer's or dementia. Jeez, though, what's up with this family... everyone is just about that incest life, aren't they? I respect the father; Mother's love is irreplaceable. Those two... are they the product of a harem? But damn, look at those damn arms! Gramps is fucking jacked... but I feel Ine is going to steal the spotlight as always anyway. This old couple can be freaking savage when needed, LOL. Mino, though... he ain't marrying someone who lost to her grandpa, LOL. But Shouzou's dad... Ayo, that's not a rough brawl; your dad literally has a knife to shank you with.

Incest stuff aside, this show looks to be the comfy show of the season, and hey, I'm all up for some "elderly" love, so count me in.
IzanaSolos said:

I couldn't agree more with this. The premiere was amusing and cozy enough to secure its place among my selections for spring 2024. While I can't predict my feelings down the line, I'm confident that I'll watch it through and gain enjoyment from it until the end. Only time will tell.

As for the incest stuff, it made me cringe a little bit, but it didn't bother me significantly either.
Apr 7, 10:58 AM
Jun 2020
Funny and nice new kind
Apr 7, 11:07 AM
Dec 2020
it's entertaining and i like how they kept their old way of speech but the granddaughter is hella sus and makes me like.. super uncomfortable
Apr 7, 11:07 AM
Oct 2019
how incredible was what I just saw, my god, this episode was perfect
Apr 7, 11:11 AM

Jul 2022
Well, the anime about rejuvenated grandparents had a good start, aside from some weird and unsettling parts with their granddaughter and daughter-in-law hinting at some kind of incest or NTR. I'm not sure what to expect from this, but it looks sweet and fun.
Apr 7, 11:44 AM
Feb 2022
for me it was ok although the VA for Grandma and Them calling each other Grandpa And Grandma even when old felt irritating for me.
Apr 7, 11:47 AM
Jun 2021
it seems fun and the premise is great. I don't even understand Japanese that much but their accents are so different it's kinda distracting. ever so slightly irksome
Apr 7, 11:55 AM
Apr 2020
interesting story tbh, i like it !
Apr 7, 12:00 PM

Jul 2022
this was actually cute, I loved the first episode.
so many broken children living in grown bodies mimicking adult lives

Apr 7, 12:07 PM

Jul 2021
It was so funny, even tho there was some moments where it was a little awkward with the incest jokes... it was still nice lmao
weebtogeApr 7, 12:15 PM
Apr 7, 12:14 PM

Sep 2020
I laughed a lot while watching this anime. Really funny.
Apr 7, 12:16 PM
Sep 2021
Haven't heard Shinichiro Miki in a main role in a long long time. Same with Mamiko Noto actually
Apr 7, 12:30 PM
Jan 2024
I had know idea what to expect from this series but I loved the 1st episode very cute & funny this will definitely be one I look forward to each week.
Apr 7, 12:34 PM
Mar 2024
Really enjoyed it! it had moments that genuinely made laugh, and all the characters are very likeable. I'm excited to see what else Ine and Shozo will get up to.
Apr 7, 12:41 PM

Apr 2015
It is so cute, wholesome and funny. Will watch smiling every week.
Apr 7, 12:43 PM

Nov 2023
It's pretty cute and funny at times, but the family is weird.

I don't know why the incest jokes had to be included; it's just weird. It probably won't matter in the other episodes; I'm just bothered by it.
Apr 7, 12:49 PM

Apr 2012
I like how the show plays with and parodies the "I was a pretty coll, when I was young" theme, but I think the show really overuses incest jokes. Even in yuri territory at some point, lmao.
Apr 7, 1:03 PM

Mar 2022
This made me laugh a lot :) Hope it can keep it up!
Apr 7, 1:26 PM
Aug 2019
Reply to JoaoNeto11
Haven't even seen it, but just by the synopsis you can tell that... they probably died
@JoaoNeto11 well thanks for spoiling it lol
Apr 7, 1:31 PM
May 2017
Very good beginning episode! The series began eccentric and very entertaining. Rooting for the series to keep on the same way.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 7, 2:19 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to Imi_wakannai
@JoaoNeto11 well thanks for spoiling it lol
@Imi_wakannai it's not a spoiler when you never even watched/read it. Only a theory.

It's just that they were extremely old and then they become young again and everything went better... they just died my dude
Apr 7, 2:39 PM

Jun 2023
This is a pretty sweet ep.
Apr 7, 2:53 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to animejas
I'm not gonna lie, I wish this was just a show about an elderly couple in love with each other in a slice of life than having to add the gimmick of them age regressing, especially since they still loved each other before and now, and it is just more shocking for others and having the humor directed there more than anything. Not much of a fan of the incest jokes in this one based on how attractive the old grandfather looks now but it is what it is. By the end, didn't really feel much about this, would have been more refreshing if less gimmicky.
@animejas I felt the same, the incest jokes felt out of place and the fact that the only person who seems to think they're weird is Ine is a little off putting
The show is also a little to fast paced for my liking, It felt like this one single episode was 3, and here that isn't a good thing
I'll probably give it the good ol' 3 episode rule, but if I'm still not feeling it after that, I'll probably drop it
Apr 7, 2:54 PM
Nov 2022
Very "xd" that they take the fact of having rejuvenated so lightly._.

It seems like it will be the typical anime to "purify the soul", I'm going to give it the opportunity to see how this develops.
Apr 7, 3:07 PM

Feb 2019
“A granddaughter with her grandfather isn’t even allowed in fiction” 😭ok this is hilarious and one of the more unique takes on escapism. In an increasingly aging society like Japan, the concept of turning back the time to your younger days is really attractive.

Even if you’re lucky enough to have known your grandparents, you didn’t see them at their peak, so this creates a unique what if scenario with a lot of cool directions the story can go in. With so many big hitters returning this season it can be easy to miss gems like this, definitely worth checking out and one of the coolest first episodes of the season.

The saitous being turned back into their younger selves and interacting with their family and friends is just great. Lot of humour and a cool dynamic in this one. Especially between the grandad and granddaughter lol. Definitely had a ton of incest jokes, didn’t mind them, but hopefully the grandma doesn’t stay jealous of her granddaughter throughout lmao.

Feel bad for the granddaughter because getting a boyfriend that pleases your parents is hard enough, now she’s gotta find one that pleases her grandparents too 😂

High hopes for this one
Marinate1016Apr 7, 3:49 PM
Apr 7, 3:13 PM
Mar 2023
Could NOT stop smiling from this first episode
Apr 7, 3:26 PM

Nov 2020
I had high hopes for this anime but tbh this first chapter was underwhelming. The granddaughter was gross (joking with incest is gross in general) and I didn't like how it doesn't seem to be a running story but just a compilation of small stories. Good for a manga, but I genuinely dislike it for an anime.
Apr 7, 3:29 PM

Apr 2008
Happy to hear the Seiyuu OGs Shinichiro Miki and Mamiko Noto in their respective main roles again.

Hopefully this is Mamiko's year again now that Kimi Ni Todoke is around the corner!

As for this show, I loved the premise. I wonder what kind of direction it'll take.
Apr 7, 3:30 PM

May 2021
PERFECT anime!!!!! It's so good that the episode flies by. It's very cute, full of love and the comedy is wonderful. I wasn't expecting this anime to be so wonderful. It will definitely go on my list of favorites.
The ending music is very funny and the music sticks in your ear

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aversa - Jun 16

102 by IzunaHotaru »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 4 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 28

45 by apvllna »»
Yesterday, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 10 Discussion

Aversa - Jun 9

40 by FedeMetal »»
Yesterday, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 9 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 2

34 by FedeMetal »»
Yesterday, 10:30 AM

» Without the Comedy and Romance, This Would be a Horror Story

perdanamenteri - Jun 17

8 by traed »»
Yesterday, 1:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.