Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 16, 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
Sung catching unwanted attention and getting a target on his back. Hardly surprising but also, he has some reliable allies. Jinho puts on some supposingly durable armor but turned out to be a joke after being poked.

Outside in the real world, it was kinda nice to see social skills being used in an office environment. Feels like a lighter buildup episode than usual. Sung's reptuation is probably going to grow more and more.
Mar 16, 8:27 AM

May 2020
Joohee a nice girl, but she needs to know she isn’t the main heroine. So that being said, I kind of feel for her. Now since grinding shall not be stopped, and moreover Jinwoo has made a deal with Jinho, goes without saying it was about time we see both of them on the raids. Also, lol why you people complaining when you’re getting some free cash just for participating. Y’all have the easiest job after all.

By the way, that english bgm or at least it sounded that way, during the entire while Jinwoo was clearing the dungeons for fun blended fine enough, but I’d say they should not use it much. Anyways, as they say, if you’re doing something do it in limits, but being the advocate of grinding Jinwoo is, and the business person, Jinho, they kind of overdid it with the c rank dungeons, to the point where someone kind of got the whole picture behind the scenes lol.

That white guild guy thought he’d have it easy with Jinwoo, but lol'd hard when Jinwoo straight up put that high price tag. Though they kind of did the deal later, but it is at the expense of that suit guy never relieving anything about Jinwoo. Worked for both of them in the end, or just for Jinwoo lmaoooo.

That white guild guy is here to stay, and now the next two episodes will be just plain action.
Mar 16, 8:28 AM

Dec 2021
Best boy Jinho is back!

After surviving another tragedy in the battle against the Doormen, Jinwoo is warned by Jinchul that Hwang Dongsoo, an S-Rank hunter, might be targeting him due to the murder of his brother, Hwang Dongsuk. To level up, Jinwoo teams up with Jinho to conquer a C-Rank dungeon. As part of their agreement, Jinwoo and Jinho create an impromptu raid party to lawfully begin clearing C-Rank dungeons. However, their rapid progress catches the eye of Ahn Sangmin, a senior employee of the White Tiger Guild.

It's a shame we won't see Joohee around for a WHILE, but it's good she realized she's not cut out for facing monsters. Jinwoo did most of the work during the dungeon raid with Jinho, animation and soundtrack were great. Jinwoo got a job change request, so that's how they'll wrap up the season. We also learned a bit about Jongin's backstory, which was interesting. While I like Jinwoo's character development, it's frustrating that everyone around him seems clueless, especially when Sangmin didn't even bother to check his contract term. What kind of negotiator does that? Even a child could do better. No wonder he got scammed.

It's time for Jinwoo to consider a job change, though he'll figure out what that means later on.

Mar 16, 8:56 AM
Aug 2022
Johee She's a nice girl.
Hoped she would stay long but it seems like she's won't be appearing much as now.
Mar 16, 9:58 AM

Jan 2021
It's just a normal world-building episode here, nothing crazy happened, just a buildup.
The episode feels lighter than usual, with Jinwoo's reputation on the rise. Sung receives unwanted attention and becomes a target. Jinwoo and Jinho team up to conquer a C-Rank dungeon in order to level up, but their swift progress attracts the attention of Ahn Sangmin, a senior employee of the White Tiger Guild. Jinwoo does most of the work during the dungeon raid with Jinho, leading to a job change request. It's time for Jinwoo to do a job change, even though he may not fully understand what that entails just yet.
And oh my god, that slight glimpse of Choi Jong-In's backstory, they have been teasing the upcoming Jeju Island arc. It's going to be intense.
YuyuichiMar 17, 3:20 AM
Mar 16, 10:02 AM

Dec 2022
so its gonna end after the job change quest is done that still is good
its my most favourite arc after jeju isand arc
Mar 16, 10:09 AM
May 2021
Peak shit Sung Jin Woo, is on business!
Mar 16, 10:09 AM
Oct 2016
Well this episode was a whole lot of nothing. It didn't set anything up, it didn't advance the characters, it didn't advance the plot, it didn't really do anything of note. Jinwoo and Joohee are just so boring that the whole scene I couldn't have cared less about their conversation. Jinwoo teaming up with Jinho is cool since I actually like him but that just got booked down to nothing since Jinho sat back as Jinwoo went into another dungeon alone and we didn't even see it. So what was the point of that. The agency official offered Jinwoo a handsome amount to join them but he stupidly refused. At first I thought the agency guy was just dumb but it turns out Jinwoo lies about the offer he had from another agency so Jinwoo is actually the dumb one for turning down such a good deal. Idk what his logic is, like why would you close yourself off from a good deal like that, this trope of him being the ultimate lone wolf is boring.
Mar 16, 10:15 AM

Feb 2024
this is what i call a PEAK leveling episode
Mar 16, 10:16 AM

Feb 2019
For a “Low priority” episode A-1 still went hard on several scenes, particularly that vision/nightmare scene. On the whole though, a pretty chill set up episode that showed off Jinwoo’s development both as a businessman and a hunter.

I think Joohee retiring from being a hunter was the best move, even though I really like her character she hasn’t been the same since that first dungeon and clearly is scared of the job. Going back home should be a nice opportunity for her to start over. Hopefully Jinwoo is in her area one day and they do get that dinner date.

Getting a monopoly on the C rank gates was a brilliant business decision, but of course came with a lot of unwanted attention. Jinwoo pulling a reverse uno card on Ahn and the white tiger guild was hilarious. The manager went into that meeting assuming he was gonna be able to finesse Jinwoo and not only came out with a shitty deal, but got scammed in the end ๐Ÿ˜‚ my goat. Going into business with Yoo was a great decision

An S rank being after Jinwoo is definitely concerning though, we’ve seen how strong top level B ranks can be, can’t imagine what an S rank is like. Jinwoo leveled up quite a bit in this episode so it’ll be interesting to see what he’s capable of now.

Also, his sister classmate is now part of the harem too. Bro’s aura is just oozing at this point lmao.
Marinate1016Mar 16, 11:00 AM
Mar 16, 10:21 AM
Oct 2019
The episode was great, the dialogue and location compared to the manga was much better
Mar 16, 10:22 AM

Feb 2021
Btw it was said at the start that there are other people who have reawakened, right? But I guess we won't be seeing them for a looooong time.

Joohee noooo
But yeah, it's understandable that she would retire. Hunter work is a hellhole.
Tbh if I was in that party, I'd start feeling really guilty at some point lol. Not that I'd stop "participating".
14:33 HOOOOOLY ANIMATION
No way, that was genius lmao
Mar 16, 10:31 AM

Jun 2014
This was probably the most grinding we've seen from Jinwoo in just one episode. Bro was leveling up like crazy.

We got a little glimpse at the business side of the Hunter world, and it looks like someone caught wind of their little scheme but Jinwoo managed to negotiate a way to get them off their asses. Two episodes left, let's see what this "job change quest" is all about.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 16, 10:49 AM

Jan 2011
Jin really pulled the old start high to still get them to buy high. He should go on Shark Tank with skills like these.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Mar 16, 11:12 AM

Jan 2018
Damn. Joohee is quitting being a hunter. That's a shame. But it's probably the best decision for her. She's clearly not cut out for the job. She has to go back to her parents which I guess is safer. But it still sucks that she's gonna have to do something that she doesn't really want to do. I guess it's better this way than being traumatized with a life-threatening job.

Zamn. Jinwoo is raking in all that moolah. By arranging all those C-rank dungeons and then scamming someone who was trying to recruit him.

It seems Jinwoo's sister's friend is in Jinwoo's fake strike team. I wonder how long it'll take for them to recognize each other.

Job change quest? I wonder what that means for Jinwoo. Is he going to start from level 1 again but for that particular new job? I'm thinking of jobs from a JRPG perspective.

2 episodes left. I had more fun with this anime than I expected. Let's see how this ends.
Mar 16, 11:18 AM
Jul 2022
can somebody tell me the song name within the first gate raid in this ep? seems new to me.
Mar 16, 11:25 AM
Oct 2020
Finally the HUMOR shows! And Jinho, what is WITH that RIDICULOUS OUTFIT?!? Hahahahaha.
Mar 16, 11:29 AM
Jan 2013
Reply to Mcbeave42
can somebody tell me the song name within the first gate raid in this ep? seems new to me.
@Mcbeave42 Yeah, I really liked that song in the background. Hopefully someone knows what it is so I can listen to it.
Mar 16, 11:31 AM

Jul 2009
They really did his grindfest the way I hoped they would, was certainly much more entertaining than in the manhwa (I don't even remember if they showed that in the manhwa at all). Most characters actually looked better than in the manhwa here as well. I think Choi's nightmare scene was anime original as well and a very great addition. Love to see more of other characters this time around.

Combat animations were short but very nice again. Overall a very nice episode and a great build-up for what's awaiting in the next episode.
Mar 16, 11:34 AM
Mar 2021
Episodes should be longer, the 20 minute format does not suite this show. The plot moves forward an inch and the episode is already over. Nothing has room to breathe. Even 30 minutes would be short but 20 is apalling.
Mar 16, 11:43 AM
Jun 2020
the show is getting better next episode gonna be dope I'm surprise how they fast pacing this into anime adaption the story got really ahead,

well, I really don't remember anything it's been 2 years when I last read manwha I didn't even finish it I'm at 160
Mar 16, 11:43 AM
Jul 2022
Reply to Deansdale
Episodes should be longer, the 20 minute format does not suite this show. The plot moves forward an inch and the episode is already over. Nothing has room to breathe. Even 30 minutes would be short but 20 is apalling.
@Deansdale isnt this the problem with shows you like? :D
Mar 16, 11:46 AM

Apr 2015
i want the insert song of this episode, do we already have and date for full version?
Mar 16, 11:50 AM
Mar 2021
Reply to Mcbeave42
@Deansdale isnt this the problem with shows you like? :D
@Mcbeave42 It's okay for some shows that are not particularly plot-heavy, but I wouldn't animate a long story in 20 minute chunks. It feels weird. It also means this show will need about 30 seasons to get to the end of the manhwa. I wonder if they thought this will be the next Naruto or One Piece that people will watch for hundreds of episodes, or if they simply just effed up.
This first season is almost over already, and we didn't even get to the start of the prologue, if I may exaggerate a bit.
Mar 16, 11:52 AM
Dec 2023
Was that flashback of Choi’s past in the manhwa or is it anime original
Mar 16, 11:54 AM
Jul 2022
Reply to Deansdale
@Mcbeave42 It's okay for some shows that are not particularly plot-heavy, but I wouldn't animate a long story in 20 minute chunks. It feels weird. It also means this show will need about 30 seasons to get to the end of the manhwa. I wonder if they thought this will be the next Naruto or One Piece that people will watch for hundreds of episodes, or if they simply just effed up.
This first season is almost over already, and we didn't even get to the start of the prologue, if I may exaggerate a bit.
@Deansdale i get what you mean on the otherside i personally like the way its produced and i will watch as long as its a good adaption.
Mar 16, 12:00 PM

Sep 2023
I think this episode did a good job of showing how Jin-Woo's leveling has changed him as a person, and more than just physically. The way he intimidated the White Tiger representative and ended up conning him is something that the character never would have dreamed about at the beginning of the series. Other than that, not a lot happening in this episode. I can tell that the story is building up to something, but I don't think we'll get there in the next two episodes.
Mar 16, 12:17 PM
Aug 2023
This ep was epic !!!
Mar 16, 12:36 PM
Aug 2023
He is HIM. My man clapped a few dungeons then scammed a guild for 600 million. What a Chad!
Mar 16, 12:36 PM

Jun 2023
Jin-Wo became stronger again, I would like to see what he's capable of now-
It was nice to see the talk with the Guy from White Tiger, Jin-Wo is now really confident with his power and skills. It was obvious that he'll get in business since he's kinda suspicious with clearing all the dungeons. Jinho also got a funny appearance in that armor.
Sad that Joohee retired, but I agree it was better for her that way
Mar 16, 1:00 PM
Oct 2020
Well this was a productive episode and the anime original fight scenes were a good edition too even though it was less then I expected.
Mar 16, 1:12 PM

Mar 2013
I'm sad to see JooHee going away. This is her last scene... ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Sung can't even man up and take her by her arms and say to her something similar to "if that's the case, I'll protect you, so be with me", he's already stronger and even saved her in the process... ๐Ÿ™„
Author is too unimaginative when it comes to romance... ๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜’

This is a power fantasy series, so I can't expect anything from the author.
That's all I can say in the romance department.

Goodbye Joo-Hee... ๐Ÿ˜ญ
CrazyButNot4UMar 16, 1:34 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 16, 1:13 PM

Jan 2009
goodbye joohee the best girl of this show

nice to see jinho again

jinwoo uses the stealth skill finally too
Mar 16, 1:18 PM

Aug 2013
Time to get a new job; this should be interesting.
Mar 16, 1:24 PM

Jul 2012
The fiery dream sequence was pretty cool.
Mar 16, 1:38 PM

Jun 2023
“A Knight Who Defends an Empty Throne”

Oh yeah baby

Sad that Joohee’s gone, but she’s just making way for the real best girl.
Mar 16, 1:57 PM
Dec 2023
Don't know what he means by a job-change quest, but this is good.
Mar 16, 1:58 PM
Jan 2021
So, Is this the 'end of the story' with Joohee? I really hope that we will see some cameos from her in the future.
Also, Sung probably downgrading himself a little. He is clearly an A-rank currently.
Mar 16, 2:32 PM
Jan 2024
Trade class quest! Let's go Sung Jin Woo...
Mar 16, 2:45 PM
Jan 2021
Reply to Dukino
Well this episode was a whole lot of nothing. It didn't set anything up, it didn't advance the characters, it didn't advance the plot, it didn't really do anything of note. Jinwoo and Joohee are just so boring that the whole scene I couldn't have cared less about their conversation. Jinwoo teaming up with Jinho is cool since I actually like him but that just got booked down to nothing since Jinho sat back as Jinwoo went into another dungeon alone and we didn't even see it. So what was the point of that. The agency official offered Jinwoo a handsome amount to join them but he stupidly refused. At first I thought the agency guy was just dumb but it turns out Jinwoo lies about the offer he had from another agency so Jinwoo is actually the dumb one for turning down such a good deal. Idk what his logic is, like why would you close yourself off from a good deal like that, this trope of him being the ultimate lone wolf is boring.
@Dukino ahh yes because everything you just stated totally isn't the plot/characters being advanced or anything.

Also he turned them down because he would need to show his skills and therefor reveal his power. He doesn't want to do that, for someone who's apparently so high iq that this show is below them, it's baffling that you would forget such a basic premise.

Look at the target he already has on his back, imagine if someone learned that he grows stronger with every fight. Imagine just how much practically everyone powerful would want him dead. With enough time he could become a living diety , no one sane wouldn't be afraid of that and consider snuffing out the chance of that happening.
Troco72Mar 16, 2:50 PM
Mar 16, 2:45 PM

Jun 2023
Love this ep~!!!
Goosebumps huaaaaaaaaa
Mar 16, 3:01 PM

Aug 2022
I really wonder what this new quest is about.
Mar 16, 3:14 PM
Aug 2018
I haven't read the manhwa (nor do I intend to), but the pacing and storytelling of this anime is really bad. I mean, out of the sudden, we learn that our MC is, apart from being a god tier fighting badass, also a ruthless business genius outsmarting people dealing with such stuff on regular basis as their job now.
I see the rating dropping quite a bit and if the pacing and the story and character development seem so badly rushed going further, I don't predict it being anywhere above 8/10. It really is very disappointing at times.
Mar 16, 4:21 PM

Jan 2010
with the job change and how much he has been leveling up, he shouldn't be worried about that s-rank that is targeting him.

pretty funny how he scammed that guy but I guess it was deserved for snooping around him.
Mar 16, 4:36 PM

Dec 2018
Very clever, but I'm on the edge of my seat because I know what's coming and I'm excited; this show is only going to get better trust me.
Mar 16, 4:38 PM
Jan 2013
Reply to Dukino
Dukino said:
The agency official offered Jinwoo a handsome amount to join them but he stupidly refused. At first I thought the agency guy was just dumb but it turns out Jinwoo lies about the offer he had from another agency so Jinwoo is actually the dumb one for turning down such a good deal.

What? Jinho is riding Jinwoo's coattails to become a guild leader. Jinho knows he cannot compare to Jinwoo's capabilities. Jinho and Jinwoo are using each other for their own reasons.

Now, I am not sure if you missed it, but Jinho offered up a building worth 30 billion won to Jinwoo to help him get the dungeon clears he needs to become a guild leader. The recruiter from White Tiger offered to double what Jinho offered, that's why he asked how much the White Tiger headquarters was worth (~50 billion), and then when he asked if he would give him their building, he was completely surprised. He didn't lie at all.

Mar 16, 4:39 PM

Dec 2018
Reply to Zaxphred
so its gonna end after the job change quest is done that still is good
its my most favourite arc after jeju isand arc
@Zaxphred Jeju Island arc is going to be LIT. I'm already super hyped for all of this. The episode was really foundational to what comes after so I'm not mad about that, maybe I'm just impatient lol.
Mar 16, 5:11 PM
Mar 2021
Let's be honest, the plot is very basic and the setting isn't anything special but goddamn does the episode fly by every week. This is a great example of what good pacing and solid animation can do to a show.
Mar 16, 6:00 PM

Apr 2022
welp, shortlived convo with joohee who will be missed and back to the action.
Mar 16, 6:05 PM
Nov 2016
Finally some decent pace. 'Cept Megane's nightmare crap.
The pace should always be at raiding with Jinho level today. Maybe this wouldn't be a 6/10 then.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Thoughts on this as a Webtoon fan?

Fukoku - Mar 24

34 by xZabuzax »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

227 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

388 by rmdom07 »»
May 27, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2

279 by Gator »»
May 27, 7:57 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17

261 by Gator »»
May 27, 7:33 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.