Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Witch and the Beast
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
So the demon sword has powers beyond what most people can comprehend...

While it's crazy to think how the episode developed to this point, I'm also not that surprised either. Seems nothing really goes right in this show with plans. At least Helga and Guideau are on the same side now instead of each others' throats.
Mar 14, 10:38 AM

Dec 2021
Guideau's not messing around. She's in full beast mode now.

The demon sword, Ashgan, was finally unsealed for the first time in centuries. Its power is so immense that it's causing widespread destruction. Guideau regains his true form by touching Helga to resist Ashgan. Despite Cugat trying to fight with elemental powers, the elementals are more focused on Guideau than the demon sword. With both powers clashing, the chapter of Ashgan, the demon sword, comes to an end, averting the world's destruction!

Every time Ashaf brings out the coffin, it's intense. Even for Yokohama, this fight was exciting. The animation wasn't the best, but it was still cool, and the fight itself was fire. The monster designs are like something out of a scary Junji Ito manga. Ashgan's final form is really scary. At first, I thought Guideau was a girl, but now I'm not sure in their form they took this episode. Matt is cool, and I hope we see more of him, same with Helga.

Ashgan thinks it's a curse, but it's really love.

Mar 14, 10:52 AM

Apr 2016
Man, i really thought for myself that this whole "demons vs angels and witches somewhere in the middle" arc was going for far too long, actually glad it ended to be honest.

But anyway, dont mind the gumba Guideau saving the day again, dont mind him no, but the ice guy needs a medal for being the most useless character ever ... like, what even was the point of him being there xD
Mar 14, 11:37 AM
Feb 2024
Reply to Swagernator
Man, i really thought for myself that this whole "demons vs angels and witches somewhere in the middle" arc was going for far too long, actually glad it ended to be honest.

But anyway, dont mind the gumba Guideau saving the day again, dont mind him no, but the ice guy needs a medal for being the most useless character ever ... like, what even was the point of him being there xD
@Swagernator he will still be in the . manga
Mar 14, 11:40 AM

Feb 2021
How the Demon Sword places its hands to attack reminds me of Choso from JJK
Guideau's true form hell yeah!
I wonder what he truly is 🤔
This was quite epic. What does Helga plan to do with the sword tho?

Is that Phanora's voice at the end? Let's gooooo
EmbientMar 14, 11:45 AM
Mar 14, 11:47 AM
Sep 2015
Impressive episode, but I'm really not a fan of gender-bending character, which is such a shame because Guideau is a majestic character.
Mar 14, 11:57 AM

Jan 2015
Reply to phantomfandom
Impressive episode, but I'm really not a fan of gender-bending character, which is such a shame because Guideau is a majestic character.
@phantomfandom Is it gender bender though? It felt like the girl loses consciousness and controls the robot-like creature with no sense of humanity.
Mar 14, 12:09 PM

Feb 2019
Undead unluck style recap to start the episode lol. That aside, unexpected Yuri!! Poor Helga was expecting Aschaf to be her first kiss lol. Beggars can’t be choosers as they say though.

Always fun seeing Guideau’s true form. Crazy that she’s so awe inspiring even the demon sword couldn’t help but freeze up.

“Grit those teeth” unexpected TTGL reference too??? Damn Guideau straight up wrecked the demon sword who was feared as this malevolent god tier threat. AND she did it with ONE hand. Didn’t even bring out her dominant right so as to not kill the sword, wtf. Just imagine how strong she is going all out.

Best possible result in the end. The city gets saved with relatively minimal damage, Helga survives, the Demon sword survives and the traitor loses the magical arm. Helga went easy on him, personally I’d have had both of them killed, but after all the bloodshed she’s experienced I guess she just wanted some peace. She’s really a kind girl.

Not the first time I’ve shipped a magical sword and an anime girl, but definitely one of the more interesting ones. Helga must be Quran’s reincarnation I guess? So her love for Ashgan was passed down through her lineage, beautiful. Hopefully we see more of Helga in the story, I enjoyed her arc and her character design is so good. Always nice seeing a red head.

Can’t wait to see what our duo gets up to next. This show continues to be so underrated
Marinate1016Mar 14, 12:48 PM
Mar 14, 12:10 PM

Oct 2022
Epic battle ensues, worth it. I waited in hightened anticipation this WHOLE week, finally getting an episode enjoyable. Personally, I don't know, but I think this show is a bit underrated, even though it's so good.
"All things, be they divine or mortal, find their ultimate end. 
                      It is not a harsh punishment, but a merciful pardon."

Mar 14, 12:19 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to parzxval
Epic battle ensues, worth it. I waited in hightened anticipation this WHOLE week, finally getting an episode enjoyable. Personally, I don't know, but I think this show is a bit underrated, even though it's so good.
@parzxval yeah I agree it need more recognition
Mar 14, 12:19 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So the Demon Sword Arc ends with Guideau pounding it into submission using his left hand. It seems like Ashgan has developed a soft spot for Helga as she reminds him of Quena the one who sealed Ashgan in the first place, but will never admit it.
Mar 14, 1:50 PM
Apr 2021
this show is painfully underrated
Mar 14, 1:56 PM
Oct 2020
phantomfandom said:

In Guideau’s defense, it isn’t a fan of the gender-bending either. It was an all-powerful beast/monster sealed inside the body of a girl via a curse (and you’ll eventually learn why it was THAT particular body)
Mar 14, 2:36 PM
May 2018
Love that the kiss scene was an extended one
Mar 14, 3:01 PM
Mar 2021
RedRoy17 said:
phantomfandom said:

In Guideau’s defense, it isn’t a fan of the gender-bending either. It was an all-powerful beast/monster sealed inside the body of a girl via a curse (and you’ll eventually learn why it was THAT particular body)

can't wait to read the manga after
Mar 14, 3:02 PM

Jun 2015
Well that was a super underwhelming fight. Is Guideo the strongest creature on the planet??? She just ONE SHOT the Demon Sword with her weak hand. 3/5 episode. The animation was also really bad this week. I guess they've finally run out of budget for this show as I expected.
Mar 14, 3:49 PM

Apr 2008
Yeah, forcing a demon to learn human fragility and caring-for-ness over thousands of years, to slowly start thinking against his very nature for eternity, does sound like a fitting curse lol
Mar 14, 3:50 PM

Sep 2023
What a complete disappointment of an episode. The first four minutes were recap from last episode. The animation was truly bad. Somehow this massive battle between these powerful entities managed to be boring. And what was with the ending? I don't know what happened, but I hope this is just a singular misstep because I've otherwise been enjoying this anime.
Mar 14, 3:52 PM
Feb 2024
She thought she was kissing Ashaf after all 😂😭. That cracked me up but I wish she was in a position to pick who she gave her first kiss to, poor Helga.
It’s so good to see Guideau’s true form again!! I’m glad they didn’t just show it once and put it back in the coffin for the rest of the season, seeing it again is really awesome! I’m not quite sure what to call the animation that starts at 11:28 but I am a HUGE fan, that was a good end to the fight, the animation was gorgeous (*≧∀≦*)
Mar 14, 4:34 PM

May 2019
Yeah the fight between Guideau and Ashgan was underwhelming but that leads me to believe that this powerful version of Guideau will be needed down the road. Also, justice was served to the executioner and his assistant, and it looks like Helga will care for Ashgan once it's repaired.

No clue where this goes from here but I'm thinking it will be another mini-arc.
Mar 14, 7:55 PM

Sep 2023
Helga would be a great addition to these two, as long as she doesn't mind kissing Guideau every time they get into a fight 😁.
Mar 14, 8:25 PM

Jul 2008
The great demon sword....was nothing more than a henchman to Guideau.
Mar 14, 10:18 PM

Mar 2007
I don't like the Girl Guideau, but I have to say, the other version is totally OP to the point where I'm wondering if witches are all bad if they're the ones that end up sealing things that are powerful enough to destroy the world, like that Demon Sword and the other Guideau? Even the ice elemental was afraid of him.

Felt bad for Helga though, even sorry for the Demon Sword. It can't help what it is, but it clearly had some attachment to Helga's ancestor and thus to Helga because she's the only descendant that treated it like it mattered. This sounds like the plot of some strange twisted love story.

Now I'm curious to see how the rest of this series ends. It's been one of the more interesting ones this season.
Mar 15, 2:18 AM

Jul 2017
The kiss that Helga wanted all her life, it's up to Guideau to do the job and unleash the monster within the coffin once again and reinstate the Demon Sword Ashgan to its proper sword form. And that kind of power, like Matt's ice elemental, is hardly a surprise, though the real surprise is with what Ashgan has in store after it being unsealed for the first time in a long while.

Helga's insistence of trying to protect and not draw out Ashgan, it's endurance, even if it pains her. And both Ashaf and Guideau chasing the Executioner down to the millimeter before he could reach safe lands, that was a brutal near killing for Matt to finish the job. For the Order of Magical Resonance, their task stops here, and Ashgan, after realizing his attachment to Helga, is that it's not a witch's curse, but her astounding love for it.

A rather long arc, but Helga finally got the wish she wanted and granted.
Mar 15, 3:35 AM

Aug 2022
Finally, Guideau was able to defeat the Demon Sword Ashgan. Even though the power of the Demon Sword is very great, Guideau is actually STRONGER than the Demon Sword Ashgan. It seems that Ashgan can still live as Ashaf said before.

RafaBryanMar 15, 3:39 AM
Mar 15, 4:00 AM
Apr 2021
Well that anticipated fight ended up being anticlimactic LMAO that’s just how strong Guideau is bro wasn’t even using his right hand like what??? How strong is Guideau man😭😭😭

Satisfying end for the executioners especially the old man I was happy seeing him limbless begging whilst not even realizing that’s what the ppl he sacrificed said. This show is realy gruesome with the shit that be happening to ppl but I’m happy it was the executioner who got it bad and not some innocent person😊

The animation was actually pretty good this time around I was kinda taken aback by the slashes that Ashgan was throwing around, bro was throwing around Sukuna type slashes and I mean the type of slash that killed Gojo😭😭

Man Helga was really into that kiss she was grabbing onto Guideau and shit thinking she was a guy LOL, I’m sadden that they didn’t have an interaction after the fight or what Helga thought about kissing a girl yk🥲

Let’s see what the next arc is gonna be about next for eps 10-12
Mar 15, 7:16 AM

May 2021
Who doesn't love when best part of the story and episode is a PowerPoint slideshow? This show really needed better animators, or at least more time dedicated to it.
Mar 15, 9:54 AM
Jul 2023
Sword Simps for Eternity
Mar 15, 10:41 AM

Jun 2016
im just curious what happen if he punch with his right hand ??

ofcourse it will be destroyed but how much power ?
Mar 15, 10:45 AM

Jun 2008
Poor Helga, thought she be kissing Ashaf but she didn't really mind too much after.
Hope we get to know more about him in the future.
The love between the sword and witch is a bit weird tho.

Kinda off topic but Helga literally has my favorite haircolour, rare to see such a deep wine red.
Mar 15, 3:57 PM

Jul 2021
One PUUUUNCH!

It's a shame there were so many freeze frames, when I could see how epic the battle was supposed to look. They're trying their darnedest, though.
Mar 15, 6:33 PM
Dec 2014
Although i still don't like it completely, these last episodes Guideau has surprised me.
Mar 16, 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
I loved full Ashgan's design. Reminded me a bit of Evangelion without armor. There was something powerfull in him.
Mar 16, 10:24 AM

Jan 2011
This show is legit fling under the radar. IT really has pick up the pace since episode 4.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Mar 16, 4:10 PM

Mar 2008
I hope for Helga's sake that Guideau doesnt have bad breath.

That was an amusing fight.

I think I saw Helga mouthing "aishiteru" (I love you) to Ashgan.

I couldnt help but laugh my ass off at the end with Ashgan turning out to be a total tsundere even though he's a completely reckless monster that seems incapable of love.
Mar 16, 8:17 PM
Jul 2023
Absolutely great I love this anime
Mar 16, 9:01 PM

Oct 2016
Cool way to wrap up the arc. I loved seeing Guideau dominate everyone in her true form. I wonder if this means Helga will be part of their little group. It would make them kind of OP. (7/10)
Mar 17, 6:02 AM

Jan 2017
What an intense battle between Gideau and the Demon Sword! But I'm happy that this is still not the end for Helga and Ashgan's story. This episode gave me mixed emotions from beginning to end. I love it!
Mar 17, 10:55 PM

Jan 2014
It's crazy this only has a 7.15. This show is def in my top 5 of the season.
Mar 19, 12:22 AM
Dec 2014
Crazy battle and banger episode.
Mar 19, 6:30 PM
Mar 2023
The following show contains sexual violence against women.
Mar 19, 11:23 PM

Sep 2011
it cracks me up that helga really thought her first kiss would be by ashaf. it probably will still cracks me up if and when i pick up the source material for the series. and sure, ashgan. let's continue thinking it's a witch's curse when you're probably really in love with helga in the end there, but we all know you're not going to admit that.
Mar 20, 10:02 AM
Jul 2019
it was satisfying to see Guideau tearing that f*cker(executioner) from limb to limb
Mar 20, 10:20 AM

Jun 2021
Can't help but wonder who and how strong the true form of Guideau really is, especially with all that right hand talk

ıllıllı 𝘚𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘺 : Cozii ıllıllı | ᑕᗩᖇᗪ ᑕOᒪᒪEᑕTIOᑎ | • • ᗪEᒪIᐯEᖇY • •
Mar 20, 12:55 PM

Jun 2023
didnt know that Guideau is this strong
Mar 21, 7:37 AM
Mar 2019
So the Demon Sword is fun-loiving after all. What a morbid state of affairs.
Mar 21, 12:04 PM
Oct 2020
cureem said:
It's crazy this only has a 7.15. This show is def in my top 5 of the season.

Held back by the animation quality I think, which explains why the manga is ranked so much higher. Still glad it got animated though. Helps the series gain exposure
Mar 21, 4:07 PM

Aug 2015
People actually liked this episode? The fight was practically a powerpoint
Mar 25, 11:00 AM

Jan 2014
At long last, Guideau's true form. Also, a sword that fell for a witch? This show is bizarre at times.
Mar 25, 11:19 AM
Feb 2024
Reply to AbyssWalker21
At long last, Guideau's true form. Also, a sword that fell for a witch? This show is bizarre at times.
@AbyssWalker21 then read the manga you will understand better why, because every arc and action is connected to the main story later on and 12 episodes can't show it
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 4

89 by frederico666 »»
Sep 14, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21

39 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 3, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7

49 by Matheus050 »»
Aug 21, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 29

42 by Matheus050 »»
Jul 12, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 28

37 by adbeaver »»
Jul 8, 8:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.