Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 31, 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
Man, rumors going around in this episode/season really causes drama all over the place. Ichinose is at the center of it but it caught onto everyone else too.

We do get a look into more Ichinose's character story and background though. Really feels like anything can stir up drama this season no matter how small or big a rumor can be.
Jan 31, 5:58 AM

May 2020
There are many figures in this series, or I must say their school, who aren’t even slightest bit near to resemble the image of an average school going student, but that’s the least of the concerns here, I mean seeing Ichinose confessing her “dark” past, supposedly I must say, in front of everyone and then gaining their sympathy felt a bit more hilarious.

We knew it was Sakanayagi who pulled the strings, I mean it was obvious to every student this time, but she did that part to mess with Ayanokouji, and not with Ichinose, quite literally. Anyways, that sappy backstory of Ichinose shoplifting for the sake of her little sister and then carrying that guilt, which she felt after receiving a slap from her mother felt as nonsensical as it did while reading lol.

All things aside, we now know what Sakanayagi wants, and we’d see those parts in coming episodes, so yeah, as for Kushida, whatever you call her, she’s a precious asset to Ayanokouji, as we saw again this time. Their relationship really is all about benefits lol.

As for Ichinose, she’s fine now, but yeah has transcended her status from a potential harem member to 100% genuine tool.

Anyways, next volume from next episode, and that one is kind of good enough. Hope it'd get at least three episodes too lol.
Softhenic03Jan 31, 6:03 AM
Jan 31, 5:59 AM

Dec 2021
Ichinose doesn't resemble her mom or sister at all, lol.

The one who spread the rumors on the bulletin board was Hashimoto, ordered by Sakayanagi. Though Ishizaki and Ibuki believe this, they lack evidence and couldn't delve deeper into the investigation. Then, news reaches Ayanokoji and the others that Class A, led by Sakayanagi, has infiltrated Class B. Confronted by Sakayanagi, who claims to have evidence regarding the rumors about Ichinose, which were previously dismissed, Ichinose, who has been passive towards the gossip until now, faces a dilemma.

As I mentioned earlier, Ichinose really doesn't take after her mom or sister, except for the matching eye color. I'm guessing maybe she and her sister have different dads, or Ichinose just takes more after her own father. And you know, now I get why they farmed out the last episode. Probably saving their animation skills for the important scenes. The animation has definitely stepped up a lot, thanks to Lerche taking over. But hey, the highlight of this episode has to be Little Ichinose – adorable overload. On a different note, after checking the light novel illustration, they kind of messed up Kitou. Lerche seems to have this thing for changing hair colors, especially for characters with pink hair.

Not the smoothest ride with a few bumps, but hey, good effort, Lerche.

Jan 31, 6:08 AM

Oct 2020
well damn that's too much drama for a shoplift ig but a crime is a crime

It's useless! From here on, the path is only a One-way road!
Just put your tail between your legs and get your ass back where you came from! - Accelerator

Jan 31, 6:28 AM
Sep 2015
Seems like there's a note on that valentine gift.
Jan 31, 6:45 AM

Feb 2021
34200 yen is 232 dollars
Japan has some of the lowest crime rates in the world, so making such a huge deal out of shoplifting is a cultural thing I guess.
Ooohhh, Ayano wants Kushida to drop out? There must be a reason for it, otherwise he just wouldn't care about her. (Or I'm missing something?)
There is a scene after credits!
No waaay, +1 girl who likes Ayano lol

Edit: I forgot that Ayano already mentioned in the final episode of season 2 that he wants Kushida expelled when talking to Ryuuen.
EmbientJan 31, 8:39 AM
Jan 31, 6:57 AM

Dec 2015
Honami past is kinda gloomy... but the last scene is awesome, we should get the clown expelled from school.
And the last scene after ED song is so cute
Jan 31, 7:25 AM

Jul 2017
The rumours are swelling around like catfish, but what matters is the class unity, and Ayanokouji's Class C is holding up well. The problem is Arisa's Class A going into Class B to instigate Honami for their acts, and they already know what's up despite the endless accusations that they have as "proof", which said girl herself has come to speak the truth.

The truth about Honami Ichinose: trying as hard as she could do to survive with just her younger sister and single mother, they lived a rather harsh upbringing life. And in the midst, in trying to fulfill her sister's wishes for an idol's hair clip imitation, she turned to a life of theft to see the smile of her sister, bearing this a secret, until her mother knew about it, and that caused a worse detriment to both her and her family. Despite that, her mother pushing her not to forget about going to school, that's the truth of how she came to the high-tech schoolto restore her reputation. Her past sins will never erase who she is now, but with her entire class rallying behind her, it looks as if her troubles are alleviated. But this has reached the ears of Miyabi and the teachers to reinstate their position, and that to Ayanokouji, it just merely confirms his standing with her to get her confession out.

Throughout the days before the eventual confession, Ayanokouji is just toying with her to get her record straight, allowing her to rebut against Arisa. This is further confirmed with Kamuro, whom she was used to get him closer to her since their intentions are the same. Thus, the wager is set between both Arisa and Ayanokouji to bet their futures on the line, and even the accusations with Vice-President Kiriyama with Kushida's help, she's just as much as a tool for his usage, despite both incidents being purely coincidental to push for her expulsion next.

As the manipulation continues, Ayanokouji is building his reputation on Honami...which her love for him is definitely growing with the late Valentine's chocolate. That's at least a gesture done right after the fact.
Jan 31, 7:31 AM

Jan 2021
I have never seen more Drama just for a case of Shoplifting.

Granted I thought this back when I was reading the LN too.
Jan 31, 7:40 AM
Aug 2022
Rumors are the evils against the truth.
Jan 31, 7:54 AM
Jan 2024
imagine wasting half episode on the cheapest and dumbest drama ever lmao
Jan 31, 7:58 AM

May 2015
The first good episode since the beginning of the season. Ichinose's story was surprising.
Jan 31, 7:58 AM
Jun 2022
This was lame as fuck.
Not at all a fan of this season.
Small scale crime like this maybe a big thing in Japan but then the writer should have put some effort in making it clear to us too.
It was so bland. Total waste of any sort of buildup.
Waste season.
Jan 31, 8:01 AM
Aug 2020
This dude is really special
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 31, 8:03 AM
Mar 2020
I'm sorry but shoplifting bro wtf. That's absolutely unbelievable!!! I would never forgive her, for stealing something!!! How dare she steal a small hair clip, probably one of the worst crimes I've ever witnessed in an anime!!! Super disappointed in Ichinose, hope she redeems herself for doing something so egregious, hope she gets imprisoned with this super villain act. Honestly though, this was stupid as fuck, this anime fell off hard bro.
Jan 31, 8:20 AM
Oct 2023
I think this is the best episode so far, decent pacing and Ichinose's past well introduced.
The shoplifting drama is more a cultural thing, almost nobody in Japan really steals and that thing was not that cheap, being that school thaaat elitist, etc I can understand the drama
I hope that the series continues this way in terms of pacing and animation
Jan 31, 8:21 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Given what the rumours entail Class D blowing their top is kinda expected. Now that Ryuen is gone looks like Shiina has become one of the heads of their class. While lifting itself is a crime it's by no means a sin that you should carry for the rest of your life. The council stepping in at this point was a surprise and Hoshinomiya laying down the rules was kinda cool. Breaking and healing huh a very classic strat that fits AK's style. If anything AK really is thinking far with regards to dealing with Kushida. On a side note AK is turning into quite the ladykiller.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 8:28 AM
Sep 2020
What an episode !!!
Brilliant moves by Ayanokoji !!!
Jan 31, 8:30 AM

Mar 2013
Wow, what a heartbreaking episode. 😖
YuigahamaIchinose is crying. 😖😖

Sakanayagi is too scary but she's probably a better person than that 2-faced bitch from S1.

Please let her say that to me.
CrazyButNot4UJan 31, 8:41 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 31, 8:36 AM

Sep 2023
Embient said:
Ooohhh, Ayano wants Kushida to drop out? There must be a reason for it, otherwise he just wouldn't care about her. (Or I'm missing something?)

Because she's a nuisance to the whole class, so she won't let them to get class points. But despite that, I remember Ayanokoji said that he doesn't have a reason to help his class anymore, so this is strange anyway.
Jan 31, 8:41 AM

Dec 2010
Reply to Embient
34200 yen is 232 dollars
Japan has some of the lowest crime rates in the world, so making such a huge deal out of shoplifting is a cultural thing I guess.
There is a scene after credits!
No waaay, +1 girl who likes Ayano lol

Edit: I forgot that Ayano already mentioned in the final episode of season 2 that he wants Kushida expelled when talking to Ryuuen.
Embient said:

Did you really miss all the parts that Kushida was a spy and a backstabber?? Why do you think everyone hates her.
Jan 31, 8:45 AM
Sep 2022
BEST EPISODE OF THE SEASON.
Jan 31, 8:47 AM

Dec 2018
Jeez you'd think she murdered someone the way she and others reacted
Jan 31, 8:48 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to zenitchi
well damn that's too much drama for a shoplift ig but a crime is a crime
@zenitchi The product was very expensive.
Jan 31, 9:05 AM

Oct 2010
I see. Shoplifting is ultra bad.
Overworking yourself to hospital bed with more bills to pay is fine.
Explaining own daughter how much artificially inflated 32000 yen price versus actual trinket value is and setting on another reasonable present is bad idea.
Better to ruin family than actually talk reality.

P.S. Barging another class and making threats is fine.
Beating each other is fine. Triggering expulsion is fine. Using points for shady things is fine.
Posting rumors on BBS compromises school morale standards.
Jan 31, 9:17 AM

Dec 2023
Compared to the dark sides and sins of others in the show Ichinose's is nothing.
It's all about creating drama to change the playing field.
Seems like Ayanokoji is setting up a trap for Kushida to get her kicked out. Solid episode.
Jan 31, 9:25 AM

Mar 2020
Reply to ANR23
This was lame as fuck.
Small scale crime like this maybe a big thing in Japan but then the writer should have put some effort in making it clear to us too.
Waste season.
@ANR23 agreed it felt like a soap opera that takes itself way too seriously. I was laughing the whole episode XD
Jan 31, 9:37 AM
Oct 2020
I think the whole drama makes more sense with Japan as a cultural background. Although it is "just" theft, a criminal act like this has greater social consequences in Japan. The family's reputation is tarnished and the perpetrator's credibility decreases enormously. This is due to the low crime rate, which makes such a situation even worse in Japan. Of course, the whole thing has even more weight at an elite school, especially when all of Ichinose's classmates trust her with all the class points. So in other words: her biggest Weapon as a leader is her strong cohesion of her Class. Therefore, Sakayanagi's plan was to destroy Ichinose's strong bond with her classmates and lower her credibility (actually this was Just an act to get Ayanokoji's Attention and see If he came Up with a countermeasure). Ichinose has often mentioned in the LN that it is important for her to be open and honest, but she has not kept this to herself. Without Ayanokoji's help, this plan would have worked and Ichinose would probably have completely isolated herself due to her feelings of great guilt. Basically, it was supposed to show how pure-hearted she really is, since she blamed herself for her mother's disappointment and couldn't stand another Situation Like this ever again.

I guess it Worked better in the novel but was still fine as an Adaptation.
Jan 31, 9:41 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Reply to StateofOhayo
Jeez you'd think she murdered someone the way she and others reacted
@StateofOhayo Yeah they milk for all that it's worth. Comes across even more ridiculously in the anime than in the LN due to the lack of context and the voice acting. That said, Japan takes crime very seriously (even shoplifting) and someone like Honami who's in a leadership position in such competitive, high stakes environment would be expected to behave impeccably.

Seeing this episode reminded me why I dislike Sakayanagi so much. Such a manipulative little POS. If Ayanokouji hadn't stopped her, she would have forced Ichinose into quitting the school.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 31, 9:41 AM

Aug 2022
Wow, what a great episode of this series.

Entering the fifth episode, we finally reveal Ichinose's past which made her very depressed. Even though Ayanokouji acts like that, that's how he is. And he continued to monitor Kushida's movements, in order to get her out of school.

Loved the last scene, it was sweet from Ayano and Honami. That's a bonus for us.
Jan 31, 9:44 AM

Jul 2017
im sorry i love this series but the rumor drama shit has been so fucking cringe
Jan 31, 9:49 AM
Sep 2020
Yo, that's ridiculous, lol. Wtf was all that drama by just a hair clip..... like, it made such a mysterious and hyping mood by such a stupid thing.... Is that an anime or a mexican soap opera lmao

Ayanokoji's plan to expel kushida is interesting tho
Jan 31, 9:50 AM
Sep 2020
Uguu_Tsukimiya said:
The first good episode since the beginning of the season. Ichinose's story was surprising.

no way ur serious bro
Jan 31, 9:57 AM

Jan 2019
This whole plot was overly contrived. For a supposedly smart school full of "elite" students, using the "you committed a crime" argument is incredibly weak and lacking any substance, especially coming from class A. Anyone with more than two brain cells can distinguish that laws are not ethics, a "criminal" is not necessarily a bad person, scope and magnitude of the crime were not considered, and any remorse from Ichinose was entirely disregarded as a "brazen lack of shame" as if the story & flashback didn't even happen lmao. Plus the victims of the shoplifting (the store) already forgave and resolved the matter after Ichinose's mother made amends with her daughter, so there literally no reason to even bring it up. It also ignores the hypocrisy of Arisu arguably committing a worse crime by spreading malicious rumors. I expected more from one of the few shows I do not to turn my brain off to, but man what a disappointment this arc was.
Jan 31, 10:07 AM

Sep 2014
I dont know why, but I just cringed during the entire first 5 minutes. Really the entire episode.
Something about these characters behaving as if ChatGPT has written them makes it feel so weird.

If someone from a different class went into my classroom and just accused me of beeing a criminal I couldnt help but double down on it, pretend to be some crime lord in the cringiest way possible. Have you heard, I did not pay to watch that anime which never got licensed in my country. Some shit like that. They are what 16?

320€ for a hair clip?!! Who is the real criminal here??
The imouto is what.. 10? If I told my parents I wanted some idol shit for 320€ at 10 yo they would have probably put me up for adoption.

That beeing said the backstory was sad, I felt bad for them.

Why is she acting as if she sold nuclear secrets to North Korea though? She shoplifted in a massive store which definitely has insurance, as a kid. Nobody cares. Why is nobody telling her the truth? Nobody cares.

Same with the A class girl, "My job here is done - But you didnt do anything!" Sailor moon meme.
Comander-07Jan 31, 10:43 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 31, 10:07 AM
Oct 2016
I already new the crime thing but still it's so dumb like just say elite hates poor people like they do irl
Jan 31, 10:10 AM
Jan 2022
Reply to ANR23
This was lame as fuck.
Waste season.
@ANR23 Why would writer make it clear for his Japanese audience which japanese are already aware of.You do realise that Japanese writers give first priority to their own country fans
Jan 31, 10:12 AM
Jan 2022
Reply to Avbuub
I'm sorry but shoplifting bro wtf. That's absolutely unbelievable!!! I would never forgive her, for stealing something!!! How dare she steal a small hair clip, probably one of the worst crimes I've ever witnessed in an anime!!! Super disappointed in Ichinose, hope she redeems herself for doing something so egregious, hope she gets imprisoned with this super villain act. Honestly though, this was stupid as fuck, this anime fell off hard bro.
@Avbuub Japan has one of the lowest crime rate in the world.So obviously even shoplifting is a big thing in Japan. Writer writes story for their own country culture.
Jan 31, 10:37 AM
May 2018
Animation quality surprisingly improved again compared to episode 4. Praying it won't drop again soon.

Gotta say, I don't really care much about Ichinose's sob story. Kind of hard to feel bad for her when you barely see how hard she tries to interact with her current classmates or something. It seems to be developing into a more interesting plot with Kushida and Sakayanagi though.
Jan 31, 10:46 AM

Jun 2017
....that was a lot of drama because of one hairclip. lmao
Jan 31, 10:54 AM

Sep 2014
Is class B genuinely just that nice, or is there a darker secret tying them all together?
Because class D was literally forced, class c has a bunch of cunts, class a is probably beeing blackmailed.. yet class B are the only ones who realize selling out your classmates is nasty and accusing a teenage girl of beeing a prostitute in middle school is.. yikes.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 31, 10:54 AM

May 2015
OMG, such drama, unforgivable sin!!! She must have killed at least 3 people, used them in a ritual and ate the corpses.

...one single hairpin, lol. What's there not to forgive and drag through the whole life? She realised it was wrong, returned it and apologized to the shop stuff, they have forgiven her and didn't even press charges. COME ON. I couldn't even finish the episode yet, this is unwatchable with how serious they talk shit. And a sob story in the middle of the class, I'm surprised they actually cared to listen to all of this.
Jan 31, 10:55 AM

Jul 2014
Another one bites the dust. Ichinose joins the harem, rip
Jan 31, 11:00 AM
May 2022
Comander-07 said:
Is class B genuinely just that nice, or is there a darker secret tying them all together?
Because class D was literally forced, class c has a bunch of cunts, class a is probably beeing blackmailed.. yet class B are the only ones who realize selling out your classmates is nasty and accusing a teenage girl of beeing a prostitute in middle school is.. yikes.

You’re mostly right. Class B really is actually all kind…that is to each other only though (for most students) however their collectiveness is all because of Ichinose since day one her leadership role and her personality is literally made for gaining trust. They genuinely just love her, which obvious as ur trusting someone with ur points(vv imp). Now it’s not the entire class B though barely 1-2 ppl do sell out info I think not 100% confirmed. But the theory sbt any darker secret is false, they all have a very strong bond with Honami being the one connecting every piece.
Jan 31, 11:02 AM
May 2022
Ugh another love interest

🥹🥹🥹
Use to be loyal asf to Kei but slowly each personality is getting my attention they’re all above average. Don’t know which one would be best for our mr.Perfect.
Jan 31, 11:35 AM
Dec 2020
Ichinose shoplifting backstory is kinda exagerating but 32000 yen is around 200 dolars so its kinda a big deal for one shoplifting. Also to mention that in Japan is really low crime rate, so any crime is a crime.
Jan 31, 11:46 AM

Jan 2021
This man here is rizzing all the school

And wtf with that crime
It's like the most soft crime you can do in your entire life, they acting like she killed someone

Jan 31, 11:47 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
I just love Ichinose, because she is a sincere, intelligent girl. Unfortunately, without knowledge of the LN you cannot fully understand the characters. READ THE LN GUYS!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jan 31, 11:49 AM

Feb 2019
Oh no, she stole a hair clip from a billion dollar company how will they ever recover. Most unserious plotline I’ve ever read ngl. I mean that hair clip couldn’t have been more than 15 bucks, surely the mom had that?? It’s not like they were living in a shelter. Her mom’s reaction to it is so over dramatic too man like wtf

Arisu trying to use that to attack Ichinose and make everyone turn on her is hilarious “shoplifting is shoplifting” yea and no one cares 😭 not like she stole from me. Ichinose’s earnest confession and explanation was more than enough to brush off Arisu’s attack. Not to mention the teachers and Nagumo getting involved. Still surprised Arisu came up with such a shitty plan. If anything this made people like Ichinose even more since now she’s more relatable

I love getting the little Kiyo breakdown after every big moment in this story . Like seeing how he was pulling the strings in anticipation of this moment for a while now with his visits to Ichinose. Trying to prepare her for this type of confrontation, get her to come to terms with the past and resolve to move on. Also, his agreement with Kushida to get Nagumo and the teachers involved etc

Really shows the different levels that Arisu and Kiyo are on... now the stage’s set for a more direct confrontation between them.

And the most important valentine chocolate of this arc of course comes from Ichinose who is now totally in Kiyo’s grasp. 4D chess. Another win for the goat.

All the usual complaints I have about the adaptation are there, but a decent ep
Marinate1016Jan 31, 12:15 PM
Jan 31, 1:23 PM
May 2021
Ep did justice to Ichinose breakdown & backstory, v good.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 3

203 by Jonsitoa »»
Yesterday, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

185 by obstinix »»
May 27, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 21

211 by KinjiKido »»
May 21, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 13

136 by ANIk_003 »»
May 14, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17

105 by Alex_TheForest »»
May 13, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.