Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ishura
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 10, 6:27 AM

Nov 2007
too many characters appearing. a girl w. skull characters, thieves, armies of dragons, human armies getting blown away by huge but hurt dragon, then small lone dragon...

ED song's pretty.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 10, 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
This show is still kinda all over the place...wyverns, bandits, dragons. It's hard to know who trust when we have a spy in the show.

It's also hard to even say who the main character is in the show with all the war drama going on. However, their world is definitely chaotic and we got tons of focus on Seijakunaru Hargent this time. He has that commander type of role from this episode and is intimdating man.
Jan 10, 6:34 AM

Dec 2021
Oh, so we're delving into the backstory of this world? Count me in.

Lana, a spy from the newly established Principality of Lithia, was on a mission assigned by Taren, the vigilant ruler of the Principality. Her task was to bring back the mercenaries, Shalk the Sound Slicer Higuare. However, during their journey, Lana and her companions found themselves pursued by a flock of wyverns and surrounded by bandits. Meanwhile, in the city of Koto, a military officer named Hargent, known for his silent demeanor, was organizing a unit to embark on a mission to slay a dragon.

There's definitely more to this world than just a bunch of dragons and wyverns. This show has really caught my interest now.

Jan 10, 7:13 AM
Sep 2015
Kinda like a mockumentary of heroes. While I'm pretty sure each hero's background will be great, the big question is that when all "hero of the episode" meet together, what will be the result... it could be either epic or epic fail.
Jan 10, 7:13 AM

Dec 2017
They are slowly building up the hype huh, can't wait to see that three hand wyvern boi in the tournament.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Jan 10, 7:29 AM

Apr 2022
Ars is my favourite. Nobody will beat him and I can probably stop watching now since the show already peaked.
Jan 10, 7:33 AM

Feb 2021
This week's eyecatch:

Wyvern (written as "bird dragon")
Small dragons that don't have forefeet.
Due to their body structure being specialized for flight, their flying speed and maneuverability exceeds that of dragons.
They are omnivorous, highly aggressive, and are hostile towards almost every race.
They are the dominant race in the sky.

That's a lot of info being thrown at us right now. As I understand, Minia are humans, right?
8:42 "Human. Twentieth Minister: Hidow the Clamp"

8:52 "Human. Third Minister: Jelki the Swift Ink"

10:35 "Human. Sixth General: Harghent the Still"

These word arts of life are cool as hell ngl
The ED is really cool! Reminds me of Overlord EDs.
I heard that this story doesn't really have a protagonist and it often switches between characters. This was already a lot to take in, but I guess there will be more.
I wonder when will we get to the actual battle royale.
Jan 10, 7:35 AM

Jul 2022
The show much like it's source material, revolves around multiple characters with no single main character at the forefront. It's very much like Fate Zero with a crazy amount of characters and storylines to boot. Or a better comparison might be the Game of Thrones books where each chapter was a character POV and as the books progress there's multiple interactions and overlap but no one really take the lead narrative. Also dragon on dragon violence in this episode just feels like the Dance of Dragons. I'm loving the direction personally and can't wait for more.
Kizna_TowrykJan 10, 8:20 AM
Jan 10, 7:36 AM

Jul 2022
Embient said:
This week's eyecatch:

Due to their body structure being specialized for flight, their flying speed and maneuverability exceeds that of dragons.
They are omnivorous, highly aggressive, and are hostile towards almost every race.

That's a lot of info being thrown at us right now. As I understand, Minia are humans, right?

I heard that this story doesn't really have a protagonist and it often switches between characters. This was already a lot to take in, but I guess there will be more.

Thanks for the eyecatch and multiple translations once again. Hyyyyyype!
Jan 10, 7:45 AM

Aug 2013
This is one of those types of shows I'm better off binging as opposed to watching weekly. I don't mind a multi-perspective storyline but definitely just gonna wait for this to have more eps out before watching it.
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 10, 7:47 AM
Oct 2020
The ed reminds me of how overlord does it's endings.

So this episode introduces Alus the Star Runner one of my favorites. I really hope there are enough episodes to get to his fight in the tournament.
Jan 10, 8:08 AM

Jul 2017
As usual, this show feels like it's trying to introduce a lot of characters, though there's always the episode title to focus on the Shura involved.

For Lana the Moon Tempest travelling to the New Principality of Lithia, together with mandrake Higuare the Pelagic and skeleton Shalk the Sound Silcer escaping from a swarm of wyverns, now they are stopped by outlaws that even the wyverns are in total assault, because there's one intelligent Shura leading the pack: Regnejee the Sunset Wings serving Taren the Guarded. But Aureatia is still commanded by the minians, of which some of its 29 Officials' ministers are Hidow the Clamp and Jelky the Swift Ink, dealing with Lithia in extreme measures to get their ace in the hole out, while on the account of Aureatia's 6th General Harghent the Wing-Plucker to expose Tileet Ravine's Vikeon the Smouldering and capture it...though the wyvern has made its move first to hunt them out. The deciding factor is Alus the Star Runner, born with 3 limbs, who's craving for action as a wyvern, and someone who respects Harghest taking him under his wings before. Despite that, Harghest knew that he would not choose Alus to be an Aureatian hero, and heads straight to the Great Labyrinth of Nagan for his need.

The rogue wyvern Alus, intelligent and agile he is.
Jan 10, 8:16 AM

Mar 2013
Me: Am I still watching the same series since EP01?! lmao.

Anyway, it's rather annoying to see someone from EP01 but they won't appear in the next episode. Weird.

However, this episode was still as epic as EP01.
CrazyButNot4UJan 10, 8:27 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 10, 8:44 AM

May 2021
Kind of all over the place with characters. Had to go and watch first episode because I couldn't connect it immediately.
Jan 10, 9:25 AM

Jul 2020
completely different from the first episode but still not bad
Jan 10, 9:29 AM
Jun 2023
I guess the biggest and probably not jumping character to another ep gonna be 12th ep as this ongoing is just introduction all the way
Jan 10, 9:39 AM
Aug 2020
new character today

it's an interesting concept

the last episode was not bad

of course the animation is not the best but why not...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 10, 10:34 AM

Mar 2019
Alus is an Mihawk's apprentice lol.🗡️

Jan 10, 10:50 AM

Feb 2021
damn, what a CGI fest. it's a shame, cause despite being chaotic the anime seems interesting. OST is best thing so far
Jan 10, 12:00 PM

Mar 2010
A wyvern with a shotgun. WTF :3
Jan 10, 12:07 PM
Sep 2014
I thought I was watching the wrong anime, anyway. I think the story something "Humanity is looking for a hero (Yuusha) to defeat the devil" and to "choose" the hero few selected people are challenging, and whoever wins is gonna be the chosen "hero" (?). just a speculation, and I kinda hope that's the case, cuz I feel lost, lmao.
Jan 10, 1:07 PM
Dec 2023
Last ep i thought it reminded me of guilty gear now it reminds me of guilty gear and street fighter
Jan 10, 1:39 PM

Jun 2016
12 episodes is certainly not enough I feel to cover such a huge scale of characters and plots like this. We have a bunch of characters already appearing within 2 episodes. Should be a 25 episode anime or somewhere along those lines for this to work as good. But I enjoy it nonetheless. I want to see where they go with things.
Gift by Mimurona

Jan 10, 1:46 PM
May 2022
Izuru_Kamukura10 said:
12 episodes is certainly not enough I feel to cover such a huge scale of characters and plots like this. We have a bunch of characters already appearing within 2 episodes. Should be a 25 episode anime or somewhere along those lines for this to work as good. But I enjoy it nonetheless. I want to see where they go with things.

Maybe they'll announce a sequel or a part 2 once the season ends.
Jan 10, 2:48 PM
Apr 2021
Ahh I see what the author is doing this show is probably gonna introduce these heroes one by one in each episode until the final episode of the season where they all meet (most likely) and I think that’s a pretty cool concept

Alus is a goddamn Wyvern who can wield a shotgun that’s one cold ass introduction and I’m hoping that’s gonna be for all the other heroes as well🤩🔥🔥🔥

I liked the animation, a bit of CGI was there but it wasn’t overwhelming the art is really good as well, solid episode👍🏽
Jan 10, 3:11 PM
Aug 2008
not sure if I'm gonna like this one, it's gonna get a few more EPs before I make my mind up, but when there isn't much that ties it from ep to ep it gets a little hard to follow, I'm guessing they'll all link up and make some sense in the last few EPs and will end on a banger, but not sure I'll be able to stick that far through it. especially when I have as many series on the gonas I currently do makes it a bit harder to follow and stay interested
Jan 10, 3:27 PM
May 2022
I’m still not caring for this. A ton of characters in 2 episodes, jumping all over the place, fairly edgy, not good cgi. A lot going wrong here.
Jan 10, 3:43 PM

Nov 2016
Reply to Izuru_Kamukura10
@Izuru_Kamukura10

I agree that 12 episodes is definitely not the right format for this kind of series.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 10, 3:46 PM
Jul 2021
Not as striking as the 1st episode, but yeah I am pretty sure the author is a Dark Souls fan now. LOL. The dragon hero Hoshihase Alus(and traitor to the dragon race) is basically Seath the Scaleless from Dark Souls 1.
Jan 10, 4:31 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to Dan_ALves
Izuru_Kamukura10 said:

Maybe they'll announce a sequel or a part 2 once the season ends.
@Dan_ALves They probably will and should cause there is just probably so much to introduce in this kind of series. 12 episodes would probably barely get us started unless they rush through that badly
Gift by Mimurona

Jan 10, 4:42 PM

Oct 2022
I guess every powerful character just going get their own "Puss in Boots vs Giant" introductory episode before the story starts. I am all for it.
Jan 10, 5:02 PM
Jun 2021
It's interesting what the series is aiming for. But I would have liked it to be like a "dark souls" where the maid was the girl from the first episode and the boy with the katana was the protagonist who seeks to defeat all the "legends" in the world. But it's like a battle royale, because in the end everyone will meet in the tournament to show who is the best. This first episodes they are only showing us the main characters of this tournament which discourages me a little because that way it is not as interesting as if It would have been a series of trips or like an "open world". With situations that happen with the characters in different parts of the world.
Jan 10, 5:14 PM

Dec 2022
Starting to get heated up.. this is gonna be a good one
Jan 10, 5:28 PM
Sep 2018
Reply to Izuru_Kamukura10
@Dan_ALves They probably will and should cause there is just probably so much to introduce in this kind of series. 12 episodes would probably barely get us started unless they rush through that badly
@Izuru_Kamukura10
The introduction will take around 2~3 more epsisodes and then the fighting between them will begin.
bbjajddJan 10, 9:28 PM
Jan 10, 5:33 PM
Nov 2023
I really tried to get into this show, it has some interesting concepts. But the second episode was even worse than the first. And the first was pretty rough. However it is so broken down to the basic fundamentals of story telling it is just not good at all. Everything from pacing, to world building, to stakes, to various other things is a mess.
Jan 10, 5:39 PM
Jan 2024
So far so good!! The characters so far are amazing, i enjoy that the story is moving in different directions and thats its not just focusing on one op mc the whole time!!
Jan 10, 6:08 PM

Feb 2022
The quality of this episode was like night and day compared to the first one.
Much more likable characters a lil more interesting.
Still feels like they're trying to do "Dark souls the anime" and the CG is still meh, but a more favorable feeling towards it. If the rest are like this I'm in for the long haul.
Jan 10, 6:33 PM

Sep 2011
Way too many character introduced this week. Also the quality took a massive nosedive. The CG in particular was atrocious.
Jan 10, 6:59 PM
Apr 2023
Cid Kagenou/Shadow isekai'ed to another world and became an OP Rogue Wyvern
Jan 10, 7:06 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
A lot of information and characters are being introduced. Not necessarily a bad thing, just looking forward to next weeks episode.
Jan 10, 7:17 PM

Oct 2022
If the description is anything to go by... I expect to see a couple more episodes introducing the main "cast" of individuals vying for the title of "true hero."

Lookin' forward to it! Seems like the power-scaling on this one is gonna be off the charts.

Jan 10, 7:41 PM

Nov 2022
I get the feeling the Demon King isn't dead. This world has too many powerful heroes, and the tournament to crown the one hero is the best way to have them slaughter each other.

Fingers crossed for a twist. Violence and explosions on a cataclysmic scale is all well and good, but I prefer a little more in the mix.
Jan 10, 8:33 PM
Feb 2023
...what the fuck did I just watch?!

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jan 10, 8:47 PM
Jun 2011
Reply to Embient
This week's eyecatch:

@Embient
thanks! please continue

Jan 10, 8:57 PM

Apr 2020
Pretty cool. CGI was a little iffy but i like the characters so far.
Jan 10, 9:04 PM

Oct 2022
First we met the samurai guy from Episode 1, then we are now meeting an exceptional Wyvern capable of utilizing powerful magical weapons. Steadily but surely, we will be meeting all the combatants and the hope is that we find out their motivations and what it is that they are fighting for.

It seems that some episodes might be dedicated towards solely telling the story of one character at a time. As such, the plot is taking its time in building up the world.

Its actually pretty cool as a concept. Hopefully the story and the writing can be solid enough for the audience to see it through.

Jan 10, 9:44 PM

Dec 2022
The swordsman from last episode is going to go wild when he finds out about the star runner.
Jan 10, 10:39 PM

May 2019
So we got a spy introduced in Lana with 2 potentially powerful minions, and then some human leaders including a crazy general-guy that is lucky to be alive but I guess Alus respects him so he was saved (plus an assistant saved him earlier when she threw him out of the tent). It's crazy that we still got more characters being introduced, this will be a bit of a challenge to remember them all.
Jan 10, 10:49 PM

Apr 2012
I'll give Keiso this - their character concepts are freaking dope. A heroic, treasure hunting, glory-seeking wyvern that fights with guns and swords? If that doesn't go down in history as the single coolest idea of this decade - I will eat my hat.
Jan 10, 11:57 PM

Oct 2018
not gonna lie, legit forgot what anime I was watching for the first half of the episode. After I remembered, though, it was pretty interesting lol
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ishura Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 28

43 by Sealjani »»
Jun 11, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Ishura Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 13

59 by ParsleyParsnips »»
Jun 9, 3:10 AM

» Please tell me this only has 1 season

MyllerPhiem - Mar 6

17 by bastek66 »»
Jun 5, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Ishura Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20

57 by romzanalimohon »»
May 21, 12:10 PM

» WHEN DOES YUNO DIE

Youbamii - Mar 27

2 by TechOtaku »»
Apr 29, 8:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.