Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ishura
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 3, 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
This is the type of fantasy show where the mood gets tragic from the start, especially for Yuno. There was no time for peace as the so-called Golems terrorize their world. Yuno sees and experiences it first hand in this episode. Soujirou also seems like an overconfident type of character.

The animation style is ok but it's quite dark and grimmy. There just seems to be a lot of chaos and shit going on already in this opening episode.
Jan 3, 6:30 AM

Dec 2021
After nearly four years since the light novel began, Keiso's story is finally hitting the anime scene! The only downside is that it's a bit of a bummer that you'll need Disney+ / Hulu to catch the stream.

sajou no hana's OP has some hype beats that suit the show, but for now, it's just alright

Exploration trainee Yuno, from the Nagan Labyrinth City, was diligently studying alongside her friend, Lucels, aspiring to become explorers. One day, numerous machine demons (Golems) appeared in the city, drastically altering their peaceful lives. Before her eyes, Lucels was being dismantled by the machine demons, while Nagan was being trampled. Just as Yuno was preparing for the worst, a man wielding a wooden sword appeared before her.

Wow, that start was pretty intense. It kicked off with what seemed like an innocent duo, but things took a dark turn, and one of them got brutally killed. The amount of blood shown caught me by surprise. Yagyuu is seriously messed up, but I'm already loving his character. His vibe is on point. Surprisingly, even for Passione's standards, the animation is pretty decent, and the CG is holding up well.

The power system in this anime is interesting. Hoping we'll learn more about this 'Worlds Art' power in the next episode or something. And can we talk about Masahiro Tokuda's soundtrack? It's really good; the OSTs pack a punch. Feeling torn for Yuno - on one hand, I want to sympathize, but on the other, she's rooting for others to take down Yagyuu, sooo.

Honestly, can't deny it; this premiere was pretty solid and has me hooked on the story of the last swordsman, Yagyuu.

Jan 3, 6:31 AM

Jul 2017
Keiso's Ishura...sounds like a combination of Helck and Shuumatsu no Walküre a.k.a Record of Ragnarok...for blatant copy-paste rhetorics, though this does it first than the latter for the latter work by 6 months. Sucks that this is locked to Disney+/Hulu.

sajou no hana attempting a somewhat different feeling OP, it...kinda fits though.

For human (Minia) Yuno the Distant Talon, meeting Soujirou the Willow-Sword starts with school and her friend Lucelles in the Nagan Labyrinth City, the city of the Great Labyrinth of Kiyazuna, which was once occupied by the True Demon King. But a future where the golems ravage the same city, and Yuno witnessing the brutal killing of Lucelles to almost being killed herself being saved by a man: a Visitor wielding a katana, with the Great Labyrinth being one huge golem created to defeat the True Demon King. All this to Soujirou Yagyuu, the last Yagyuu on Earth, being an Isekai-ed Distant World Visitor, just speaks of fun defeating golems.

Despite the Word Arts magic which is used in the fantasy world, Soujirou rather, uses his katana to lay waste to the golems, the action just like Sabikui Bisco. And Soujirou just went for it to destroy its core, bringing an end to the golem rampage. Yuno thinking that the Great Labyrinth was activated because of him, though he is looking for more entertainment, which Yuna links and guides him to Aureatia, the gathering of heroes.

A rather brutal start though, this has now caught my attention.

Passione, you may have redeemed yourself from last season's atrocity that was Seiken Gakuin no Makentsukai a.k.a The Demon Sword Master of Excalibur Academy. Sanzigen's 3DCG is rather decent as well.
KANLen09Jan 3, 8:04 AM
Jan 3, 6:33 AM

Nov 2010
  • Is the nasty simpering swordsman the protagonist?
  • "The world of Maroudo is under the law of physics." Apparently, the man was breaking the law. It's too much.
Jan 3, 6:33 AM

Nov 2007
This is so dark, not just the story, but the heroine herself. She became a suspicious figure to follow main character at the end.

OP as ED this ep.

Edit: 12 eps. total
https://ishura-anime.com/bddvd.html
tsubasaloverJan 9, 9:29 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 3, 6:53 AM
May 2020
i had no expectations going into this or any idea what the story was about but i think the immediate shift to a dark and tragic story was very effective. i audibly gasped at the first death i wasn’t expecting anything like that at all especially this early.

not too sure about the animation style from this first episode but i’ll see if it grows on me…
Jan 3, 7:14 AM
Sep 2015
Reminds me of Drifter but not based on real historic people. I don't think it's in the same category as Record of Ragnarok since it doesn't have a "Versus" style, at least for the first episode. But it does have a lot of narrative dialogue.
Jan 3, 7:25 AM

Sep 2020
Disney now have it with the only English subs being Closed Captions…

Thanks Disney. Incredible job 👍
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 7:43 AM
Jul 2017
Peak fiction. Storytelling peaked right here. We can stop making anime rn bc nothing will ever top this
Jan 3, 7:46 AM
Jul 2017
Reply to phantomfandom
Reminds me of Drifter but not based on real historic people. I don't think it's in the same category as Record of Ragnarok since it doesn't have a "Versus" style, at least for the first episode. But it does have a lot of narrative dialogue.
@phantomfandom There is a versus style tournament, but it starts on the 3rd novel. In fact, 2 and a half volumes of the novel are an introduction to that. For now, it seems like we're just having the 1st novel adapted
Jan 3, 7:57 AM

Feb 2021
Thank god Notepad auto-saves stuff, there was a power outage here and it saved my comment.

WHAT THE HELL THIS IS BRUTAL
Oh, this has eyecatches with info like AOT! This is so damn cool. The red highlighted letters may mean something. They didn't translate them though, wtf. Maybe I'll try translating them.
永禄 (eiroku) - a Japanese era that lasted from February 1558 to April 1570. Eiroku 8 is 1565.
I wonder why is 黄都 (kouto) - "yellow/golden capital" is translated as "Aureatia". This seems to be the case in the LN too, and from Google searches, it doesn't appear to be a real word.
修羅 (shura) - Asura; demigod; anti-god; titan; demigods that fight the Devas (gods) in Hindu mythology. The 異 (i) in 異修羅 (ishura) means "uncommon, different".
The OP visuals are awesome! And there is a scene after it.
This was absolute fire! This got me really interested, and I think the CGI looks good. So this is like isekai+fantasy+sci-fi. Now we wait for the story of the second one.

EDIT:
This week's eyecatch:

Golems (written as "machine demon")
Demons made using non-living materials.
To a varying degree, they have a mind, intelligence and life, and if they have the ability to pronounce, they can use Word Arts too.
"Life" is given to them using the "Word Arts of Life", and if it gets damaged, they "die".

Word Arts of Life
A Life Seal is located in different positions on each one, and identifying it from outside is extremely difficult.

Please tell me if you find any mistakes, or find something hard to understand.
EmbientJan 3, 8:26 AM
Jan 3, 8:01 AM
Aug 2020
i enjoyed this first episodez

the story looks interesting

can't wait to see what will happen next...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 3, 8:03 AM

Dec 2017
You know what, this is fun. Yono is going to be an interesting character later on, but seems like that's for sequel seasons.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Jan 3, 8:05 AM
Apr 2022
Strong start. Story wise it seems pretty fun. Doesn’t seem insanely deep but it is interesting with a fairly unique world. Visually it’s amazing. Passione snapped. There is a lot of cgi sure but I feel it’s very well used for the most part. The entire robot fight felt grand and to my surprise we even saw the occasional bit of character acting too
Jan 3, 8:14 AM

Feb 2020
Meh, maybe not my cup of tea. I'll pass this one.
Jan 3, 8:17 AM
Dec 2022
now this is what I call a rocker of a first episode. I'm not gonna get my hopes up since most action/fantasy/isekai animes are barely scraping by these days.

let's get down to it shall we?

we have Yuno who is a rather idiosyncratic yet unpredictable individual. when the Goldens attacked, this girl could've done something to dave her friend before she was turned into minced beat by a golem but she chose to run away. why? seeing death for the first time really socked her brain big time. she ran and ran and ran and ran and ran....(you get the point) until the entire city had been laid to waste by the intruders.

now we have Soujirou. you know, I've always had a thing for individuals from different schools of swordsmanship. take Musashi, Kenshin, Koujiro and many more. Soujirou's swordsman style is a rather distinctive one. being able to use the shoockwaves from swinging his sword to dice and cleave his enemies apart just like Sukuna's dismantle and cleave. he easily chopped up the giant golem like it was a Thanksgiving turkey which still has me surprised.

Yuno's view on strong people is that they make her feel pathetic and make her efforts look like they're nothing but empty and futile dreams. perhaps its how she's always been, I don't know but one thing's for sure, she will soon know why Soujirou is called the Willow Sword.

I honestly can't wait for the next Shura. he/she is Altus the Star Runner right? hah, this is giving me that feeling of Record of Ragnarok where strong dudes and dudettes duke it out until only one is left standing.. Now then, let the bloodbath begin.

10/10 for the first episode. I'm not gonna get my hopes up like I said but let's see how the anime plays out.
Jan 3, 8:20 AM

Jul 2020
this was a great start, so fun! I only hope this show doesn't pull a Hametsu no Oukoku and turn into incoherent bullshit next episode. cuz you know, Hametsu had an impressive first episode as well..
Jan 3, 8:33 AM

Nov 2015
Oh boi, this was bad. Hilarious bad xD

I'm gonna sit this one out.
Jan 3, 8:34 AM
Jan 2016
sqaullid entry dialoge. I was interested in the intro and the cruel part but dialgue sucks.
Jan 3, 8:41 AM
Jun 2014
I liked the Dark Souls bosses at the end.
Jan 3, 8:42 AM

Mar 2019
What kind of Shadow of the Colossus is this? lol ⁠(⁠>⁠▽⁠<⁠)⁠ノ

Jan 3, 8:44 AM
May 2021
Animation and fight scenes were insane 🔥. Loved it and it has gore as well and all those characters to come in future looks cool af. I am all in!!!
Jan 3, 8:51 AM
Jul 2023
I came in expecting a yuri anime only to see the semi heroine’s potential love interest get torn apart as if she were playdough by golem like robots. They totally made fun of yuri either intentionally or unintentionally the same way Virgin Road made fun of an isekai male protagonist. Color me intrigued.
Jan 3, 9:11 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I really enjoyed this one, the visuals are great and the action scenes are awesome as hell

I was expecting this to be an isekai but given how the swordsman was from another world that I'm assuming to be ours, I guess this would technically still count as an isekai (Not that I mind this in any way)

The swordsman was pretty cool tho, and I'm excited to follow him and learn more about the other powerful people in this world (That and I was shocked to see how brutal this episode was)

Great start imo with a pretty decent OP
Jan 3, 9:21 AM
Jul 2023
looking forward to its story. It's technically a battle ground to determine who is the most powerful and it's a bit dark too. So i am in. The character animation is a bit off for me but i think it's ok.
Jan 3, 9:27 AM

Aug 2022
pretty gurl ded in the start .
Jan 3, 9:32 AM
Sep 2021
This would make a good video game.
Jan 3, 9:52 AM
Jun 2023
Is this gonna be a mid anime? (idk why but the animation seems inconsistent between 2d and 3d/CGI blending) but beside that i like the gore and little to no censorship, i hope stays the same moving forward and animation get good i guess.
section96Jan 3, 10:02 AM
Jan 3, 9:54 AM
May 2018
The first conversation between Yuno and Soujirou was unnecessarily long and out of the context. Both characters seem plain.

I'm here for action scenes but for the story, pacing, characters I have low expectations.
Jan 3, 9:55 AM

Oct 2017
Damn they weren't joking with the gore tag for this one, that girl was torn into pieces, holy shit.

So this is a reverse isekai with people from earth coming to this world. Reminded me of drifters with the similar setting and action. The world building is interesting and the animation, artstyle adds to it. OST was good too and so was the action scenes. The MC is quite cool and strong, not sure about fmc for now. OP song at the end was nice too.

Liked the start and looking forward to upcoming episodes.
Jan 3, 10:42 AM
Jun 2017
Confusing first episode, what are those world arts?
This golem uses thermal arts. Good for him but what is this ?
Jan 3, 10:48 AM

Sep 2015
I knew there would be "gore" in this show, but I still did not expect to see a character being slowly dismembered barely 5 minutes in.
Jan 3, 10:53 AM
Jul 2021
The show definitely dived right into the gore and has a pretty open-ended start with Yuno cautiously following this swordsman and it’s not clear yet if he should be trusted. To me that has potential to become an interesting plot if Yuno continues to be her own agent in the story.

Animation and character design were hit or miss, but I did enjoy the action regardless. Interested to follow where the story goes from here.
Jan 3, 10:54 AM

Nov 2013
5:10
i already expected to dislike the anime based on the synopsis, but seeing the girl dying like that... yeah nah, hard drop lmao

also don't bother telling me i'm wrong like every other time i dropped an anime, idc lol
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 3, 11:08 AM

Mar 2010
Attack of the robot and angry ai. The mc seems a bit of a nut case. I wonder if the mc will defeat all those listed lol
Jan 3, 11:40 AM

Jun 2013
Drifters, is that you?
Jan 3, 11:49 AM

Dec 2022
someone tell me from when robots started to bleed or is it oil doesnt seem like it

anyway seems like another isekai though the first impression was it was fantasy
Jan 3, 11:53 AM

Feb 2014
anybody know where I can watch without closed caption subtitles? craps annoying and the exact reason why I dropped Tokyo revengers
Jan 3, 12:27 PM
May 2018
This anime looks incredible, yet another example proving that an anime's popularity depends solely on it's social media hype and not on its quality.
Jan 3, 12:47 PM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
Reply to Cody8076
anybody know where I can watch without closed caption subtitles? craps annoying and the exact reason why I dropped Tokyo revengers
@Cody8076
"loud noise"
"thud"
"exciting music"

Jan 3, 1:44 PM
Oct 2020
Ok the animation was actually alright. A lot better than I expected. Does anyone know how man episodes this is going to be? I really hope it's going to be at least 24 because it's
Jan 3, 2:08 PM

Aug 2013
Aside of the trees in the beginning and the smoke the animation and art style were quite decent.

The animation in particular was really fluid too.

The golems had some brutal shit going on.

I feel that, depending on how the story unfolds, this could turn out to be a nice show if it doesn't go into individual characters with their respective perspectives.

The chick already giving off backstabbing vibes. Seemed kinda reminscent of ToG.
Jan 3, 3:43 PM

Feb 2022
The girl is annoying, was hoping she'd get killed and it'd focus on someone else.
Show seems middle of the road - keeping her around will probably lower its score over time.
Jan 3, 4:30 PM

Sep 2012
That was kinda meh... Not as intriguing as Hametsu no Oukoku and that one was a wild trainwreck... so meh lets see at least those other ppl teased might spice it up a bit
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Jan 3, 5:00 PM

Dec 2016
What a brutal death that was.

Reminded me of when I played one of the Call of Duty games, maybe Modern Warfare or Advanced Warfare, the one where the robots take over on the first stage and you get your arm and leg ripped off and almost killed.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of the story for the other heroes to see what they are like.
Jan 3, 5:00 PM

May 2019
So this had an interesting premier with being introduced to 2 characters in Yuno and Soujirou but damn was Yuno's friend brutality killed. I'm also getting similar vibes to "Kingdoms of Ruin" but I'm curious to see where this goes and I understand there are more significant characters that will be introduced.
Jan 3, 5:09 PM

Feb 2019
Holy shit. Started out as a nice slice of life bonding moment with the girls and next thing I know it’s emergence day from Gears of War with the one getting her arm ripped off. That got real dark real quick.

What an entrance for the male lead too. Taking on the giant golem with nothing but a sword. That action sequence was intense and the scale of the golem really added to the weight of the fight.

I’m still a little lost on the story here though. This distant world, visitor and golem stuff needs some explanation, but by introducing the world this way they definitely got me interested in learning more. Are people getting brought from Japan to a fantasy world to fight these golems? Where are the other people of the MC’s clan? Why is the female lead so edgy?

Kinda feels like a reversed Hametsu no oukoku which I loved so sign me up. Also got some toonami old school vibes from this. Love these story set ups with characters setting off on long journeys together.

Passione didn’t cook with seiken last season, so hopefully this is a bounce back for them. Interest is piqued
Marinate1016Jan 3, 5:40 PM
Jan 3, 5:22 PM
Mar 2021
mantaaapppp animasinya
Jan 3, 5:50 PM
Sep 2010
dunno if i like this or not.

The SDH subs were nothing but a distraction, i dont want my attention taken away from whats happening to read [action music playing] and stupid stuff like people are chattering or gasping or panting, wtf were they thinking with that decision.

also is soujiro supposed to be likeable cause he's not, an entire city just died and all he cares about is fighting the big ass robot cause its fun.

what happened with the girl at the end too? does she blame him for what happened or not, is she planning to use one of the other built up characters to kill him or what? they didn't explain very well what her motive is other than I want to know more about him? why it looks like the only thing worthwhile about him is being a bodyguard for food, since he showed no empathy, compassion or any kind of likable charcter trait.
Jan 3, 5:55 PM
Feb 2017
I thogiut it was interesting didn't get me hooked on the first episode like some do I. will continue watcing to see if it gets better
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ishura Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 10

98 by Mateusu-chan »»
May 26, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Ishura Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20

57 by romzanalimohon »»
May 21, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Ishura Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 13

58 by romzanalimohon »»
May 21, 12:10 PM

» WHEN DOES YUNO DIE

Youbamii - Mar 27

2 by TechOtaku »»
Apr 29, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Ishura Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6

45 by MegamiRem »»
Apr 29, 6:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.