Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 23, 2023 6:58 AM

Jul 2017
There has never been a great time to celebrate the festivities, like Christmas, and this show does it too between the 4 colleagues.

Momose accompanying Shirosaki to get a Christmas present for Hakutou, this is his very first Christmas, while continuing to view houses suitable for his commute. One house in particular, is close to Kumatteland, which Momose prefers. But that also means that his time with Shirosaki and/or Hakutou will be no more, though he rather wants Momose to just stay with him, there's no rush to move.

The Christmas party held in Shirosaki's place, it's laden with Christmas suits, good food, and a Secret Santa for everyone. The gifts are all special in their wn way...except for Aoyama's punch line being a present himself with the big ribbon, that was hilarious. But all jokes aside, the party doesn't last long as Kinjo drags Aoyama out so that both Shirosaki and Momose can get a good night's sleep. With that, Momose secured the house, and soon as they know it, it's moving day, but not before doing one last activity together: building a cat house for Hakutou. And as much as Shirosaki persists that Momose should continue to stay, they part ways, while continuing to watch over each other. The thing is, other than the Kumattechan apartment they saw earlier, having a house that's directly opposite Shirosaki's place as neighbours, it's better than nothing.

An easy feel-good series.
KANLen09Dec 23, 2023 10:50 AM
Dec 23, 2023 6:58 AM

Dec 2021
Moving day for dear old Momose.

Upon Kinjo's suggestion, the four of them decided to pool their presents and have a Christmas party. While Momose continued his daily search for a new place to live to finalize his move, he couldn't help but feel a sense of loneliness as the enjoyable days with Shirosaki came to an end. After enjoying the party, the day after, after much contemplation, Momose finally gathered the courage to move forward and called the real estate agency to settle on his new place. And so, the day of the long-awaited move finally arrived.

Shirosaki with bangs is probably the cutest thing to come out of this show... but wait, Kinjo as a Christmas tree is even cuter. And, of course, Hakutou is always cute. Kinjo's gift to Shirosaki, he looks so adorable in it. Everyone's presents were amazing. Scratch that, Shirosaki looks even better with bedhead, lol. Oh, Momose decided to move next to Shirosaki – what a sweet ending.

Impressive work, A-1. Hats off to you for pulling off one of the biggest surprises of the season.

Dec 23, 2023 9:40 AM
Sep 2022
How freaking sweet was this last episode 🥲 What a fantastic, feel good show
Dec 23, 2023 10:18 AM

Nov 2016
does anybody know how much of the manga has been adapted? i really want to continue their story they cannot end yet for me (╥﹏╥)
Dec 23, 2023 11:04 AM
Oct 2021
love the fact they did christmas ep for the last ep. was so perfect
Dec 23, 2023 11:07 AM

Mar 2020
Reply to StarlightScarlet
does anybody know how much of the manga has been adapted? i really want to continue their story they cannot end yet for me (╥﹏╥)
@StarlightScarlet sadly all of the manga has been adpated, i think the author is ill, so hasn't updated. in fact, i think around 3/4 of the anime is anime original - including this episode. hopefully the author makes so new chapters in hope of a second season..
Dec 23, 2023 12:19 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Love to see another Christmas themed finale this season, and with these lads you know it’s gonna be a wholesome time, and that Christmas party they had surely was, the gift exchange was especially sweet, and I also liked the costumes Aoyama and Kinjo were wearing, can’t forget little Hakutou with a Santa hat either. And once the fun was done, the question of Momose moving out came around again, and I’m ngl if he was to move as far away as he was originally going to that would have been upsetting, it especially made the goodbye sad, but I was very happy to see that Momose was actually moving in the apartment building next door, I’d say give me my tears back like Hakutou did but I actually teared up happy tears instead lol, such a nice ending for this show.

And here we are at the end, I can without a doubt say this was one of my favorite shows of the fall 2023 season, it was perfect to watch on the weekends after a rough work week, even if it’s a workplace anime lol, but really the fact it’s a workplace anime but so wholesome and healing at the same time is why it worked so well for me. I really loved the progression of Momose getting over his trauma caused by his old boss thanks to Shirosaki, as well as the two of them just getting closer in general, and this might be a hot take but I’m personally glad it never went down a romantic path, I definitely understand why folks would want to ship them together but I think the two of them just being really good bros is part of why this is so great.

And the supporting characters were also a lot of fun, Aoyama was hilarious and Kinjo always had the good vibes, and I can’t forget to mention Hakutou who is one of the cutest anime cats I’ve ever seen, he took what was already a heartwarming show and made it heartmelting lol. And I was a big fan of the OP and ED, but the ED I especially loved, Lenny code fiction is so good and their song fit the show so well. I’d say I want this to get another season but I think the anime actually went beyond the manga already, so unfortunately I don’t think we’ll ever get it but I think it’ll be a manga I definitely check out one day because I need more of this for sure.
Dec 23, 2023 12:25 PM
Jul 2022
I LOVED THIS EPISODE!
Dec 23, 2023 12:29 PM

Nov 2016
Such a teary farewell just for them to be neighbors hahaha. You gotta love it.

Cutest show of the season.

Comfiest show of the season.

Baitiest show of the season

This was one hell of a surprise and I'm pretty sad that it's over 😭 With the manga on hiatus and a pretty conclusive ending hoping for a second season seems pointless to say the least.

8,5/10 it was a good time while it lasted

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 23, 2023 12:53 PM
May 2021
such a heartwarming last episode to a cute show. i enjoyed watching this so much and im sad to see it end. glad momose and shirosaki will be neighbors though. i was getting worried for w second there. also that scene at the end where shirosaki grabbed momose's pants and basically said he was sad momose is leaving?? so sweet. god, i love them so much.
My 2023 candies:
Dec 23, 2023 2:33 PM

May 2015
Aww, I'm so glad he didn't move out far away, but damn, it wasn't really needed, they could have stayed in one flat and just split the rent or something. But oh well, hope it just means, the next time they move in together it would be for a different reason. ¬‿¬
Dec 23, 2023 4:07 PM
Aug 2020
a good way to end my journey with a big smile

thx to them for all the good moments.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 23, 2023 5:40 PM
Oct 2023
I'm going to miss this show so much 😭😭 It's such a COMFORT show.. 🤍🤍
Dec 23, 2023 6:00 PM

Sep 2021
I don't know what I loved more - how Shirosaki (literally) held back Momose, or how Momose cried over leaving, knowing very well he'd move in next door.

Good think Momose didn't move far away. Would've been quite annoying to get all the stuff across the city just to move back to Shirosaki once one of them realizes they're in love!

Onto the final review. I expected this show to be good. The type of wholesome SoL that I really enjoy but not enough to get beyond 8/10. Stuff like Bocchi the Rock, Hoshikuzu Telepath and Cool Doji Danshi (I know they have vastly diffrent scores, but they're all the same to me ^^).

Atarashii Joushi is essentially that, but taking the whole thing a step further. The general atmosphere is incredibly heartwarming and it's taken much further with Momose's trauma plot. Even though I never experienced anything like that, I can abseloutly imagine how horrible Momose must've felt, especially because he's such a kind and insecure person. And that former boss was really something else! So I really loved how that was more than just a plot device and was treated as a main story. Momose overcoming his trauma with the help of Shirosaki was just perfect!

Aside from that, the comedy and romance was on spot. I was always smiling and giggling watching this show and it always left me with a deep happiness inside of me. The characters were all very well written - Shirosaki and Momose as the awkward, wholesome introverts just being meant for another and then Aoyama and Kinjou pushing the conversations and events while just being really funny themselves. And Hakutou was lovely, of course!

It's 9/10 - not much off 10/10 actually but that's hard to get from me and the characters were missing that last bit to get there. Still one of the best shows I've ever seen and I'll miss it a lot!

Hopefully the series' author gets better soon - not only to give us material for a second season, but also because the world needs more people who can bring so much warmth and positivity into it! I wish them all the best!
Dec 23, 2023 6:22 PM

Sep 2016
I got real sad there at the end and am really glad it ended the way it did
Dec 23, 2023 6:54 PM
Jul 2014
What a great anime.
Dec 23, 2023 8:33 PM

Nov 2012
Give Hakutou his tears back! Hakutou holding his little stocking (from Burberry) was so cute.

I'm going to miss Shirosaki, Hakutou, and the Kumatte loving chief.
Dec 23, 2023 8:49 PM
Dec 2022
ITS SO CUTE AND WHOLESOME💕
Dec 23, 2023 9:03 PM
Oct 2019
SHIROSAKI YOU'RE SO CUTE! He was so sad about Momo awwwww, I hope we see more of them in the future eventually!
Dec 23, 2023 9:20 PM
Oct 2018
Such a cute episode to finish the season! And of course Hakutou’s ‘Give me back my tears nya!’
Every scene Hakutou was in was my fave. Cuteness overload.
Dec 23, 2023 11:28 PM

Feb 2019
i had a feeling they'd be neighbours, but i thought he'll be moving in to a unit in the same building. but i guess rent at Shirosaki's place ain't within Momose's budget, at least he found a place nearby and he can still see Shirosaki & Hakutou. Hakuto was embarrassed for the tears he shed when Momose was leaving, it was actually cute lol
Dec 24, 2023 12:26 AM

Mar 2008
I probably would have rated this a 10 if Momose hadn't moved out. Their living arrangement was perfect. At least he's nearby, but still. Hakutou was the most precious baby.
Dec 24, 2023 12:57 AM
Jul 2014
That one critical review smacks of someone just looking for shit to whine about.
Dec 24, 2023 5:08 AM

Apr 2022
A hilarious end to a hilarious series. I know it's pretty unlikely, but I hope we get a sequel really soon.
Dec 24, 2023 5:18 AM

Jun 2020
Reply to Damolisher
That one critical review smacks of someone just looking for shit to whine about.
Damolisher said:

My thoughts exactly. I don't like to shade people, especially when it comes to taste...But the review is complaining in general about the anime being shallow and "weak"--while the user literally has teeny-bopper male idol anime in their favourites. Like, come on lmfao.

--
Anyways, this was a perfect anime and I absolutely fucking LOVED IT. The animation, chara design, music, all of it was just *chef's kiss.* The manga has always been one of my faves and I'm glad the anime turned out so enjoyable. Kudos to everyone behind it and everyone who gave it a chance and saw the good in it =) I really hope Ichikawa-sensei gets better soon and manages to finish the manga!
Dec 24, 2023 6:15 AM

Jul 2021
My soul has healed, and my heart has warmed up. I love this show, I'll keep following the story through the manga.
“There are only two types of people in the world--those who became otaku and those who didn't--and the latter just can't understand what the former is so excited about."--Ono Norihiro

Dec 24, 2023 6:23 AM
Nov 2022
It was the great anime and from just first 2 episodes it became my favourite of all time 🥰 I love how the show ended it was marvellous to me it heal me all the time it was best to see momose and shirosaki together spending time 🤗 hakutou was the best cat like meowth and become my favourite. I recommend it from my whole heart 💞 to watch it 💗 such lovel and sweet moments were shown soo awesome 😎 I 💕 love this show. And i really do ship them 🤗
Dec 24, 2023 6:25 AM
Nov 2022
Reply to LeenPhoenixRae
i had a feeling they'd be neighbours, but i thought he'll be moving in to a unit in the same building. but i guess rent at Shirosaki's place ain't within Momose's budget, at least he found a place nearby and he can still see Shirosaki & Hakutou. Hakuto was embarrassed for the tears he shed when Momose was leaving, it was actually cute lol
@LeenPhoenixRae correct 💯
Dec 24, 2023 12:40 PM
Aug 2022
Only reason it’s a 9/10 is cause they didn’t kiss
Dec 24, 2023 4:45 PM

Apr 2015
Perfect ending. Ideally, Momose could've lived with Shirosaki but at the same time, barring financial matters aside, it was a mature decision on his part to show how he had grown and wasn't complacent on his living situation by being dependent on his boss. Cause irl, it would honestly be pretty weird to live with your boss and it can cause a lot of unforeseen problems at work. Unless you're married, but that's a discussion for later down the road for these two as my headcannon....anyways, looking back it was pretty funny how dramatic all three of them were until it was revealed they were going to be neighbors lol.

Overall a very good wholesome, heartwarming show. Shirosaki and Hakutou are especially loveable, but the other characters sometimes had their moments to shine as well. Aside from every scene with Shirosaki and Hakutou, my favorite scenes are whenever Shirosaki and Momose interact on the train and Momose learns to stand up against his former boss. Though personality-wise, I don't find Momose himself particularly interesting. Whoops. I'd bump up my score if I liked the two side male characters more, but other than episode 6 for Kinjou and episode 9 for Aoyama, I found them both to be pretty one-dimensional. Super glad I ended up watching this show though, I'll definitely re-watch some scenes (especially the ones with Hakutou) whenever I need to cheer myself up.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Dec 24, 2023 4:59 PM
Jul 2014
So, the show establishes they're not a couple and... people still act like they're a couple. Brilliant.
Dec 24, 2023 5:32 PM
Feb 2020
Reply to zedtronic
Damolisher said:

My thoughts exactly. I don't like to shade people, especially when it comes to taste...But the review is complaining in general about the anime being shallow and "weak"--while the user literally has teeny-bopper male idol anime in their favourites. Like, come on lmfao.

--
Anyways, this was a perfect anime and I absolutely fucking LOVED IT. The animation, chara design, music, all of it was just *chef's kiss.* The manga has always been one of my faves and I'm glad the anime turned out so enjoyable. Kudos to everyone behind it and everyone who gave it a chance and saw the good in it =) I really hope Ichikawa-sensei gets better soon and manages to finish the manga!
@zedtronic

agreed except for idolish7 catching that stray when it's genuinely one of the most well written, thematically complex, and well produced animes out there
Dec 24, 2023 5:48 PM
Dec 2021
ok anime. x^2 integrates to 1/3 x^3
Dec 24, 2023 6:55 PM

Sep 2018
Well, that settles it. I haven't rated a newly watched series a 10/10 since watching Saiki K back in 2020, but this finale had me bawling my eyes out so hard I think it's only justified to say it left enough of a lasting impact. For me, the feeling of iyashikei means being able to escape reality while simultaneously having both tears and a smile on my face, and this show has nailed that consistently.

I couldn't have imagined a more fitting way to end this anime, but I also haven't been this sad about a show ending in forever. (╥﹏╥)
Dec 24, 2023 9:53 PM
Oct 2014
idc if no one agrees with me this was so BL coded while not being an official BL. I love that it was adorable all the characters had their own charms. I would definitely watch another season of this. it was at a 9/10 the entire season bit this ep bumped it to a 10/10 I loved Kinjou saying " wow your my present then where shall I hang you " and then proceed to say " that line was so outta pocket bet you didn't expect that " and Cheif was singing " single bells " instead of " jingle bells " and we can't forget Haktou being one of the cutest frigging cats in all of anime history omg we need more tsundere cats BRING OUT THE TSUNEKOS
Dec 25, 2023 1:28 AM

Oct 2022
That was such a sweet ending. I am a little sad that they're not longer living together but I do think it's for the best. Momose needs to regain his independence to fully continue to heal, and moving out is an important part of that. But poor Shirosaki. He's become attached to Momose's company just as much as Momose grew attached to him. Fortunately he was very much mistaken about just how far away Momose would move.
I would like to see some more development of Aoyama and Kinjo, they were interesting but often reduced to one note background characters in favor of what was going on with Momose. But now that that's all largely resolved, there should be more room for other things. I really would love to see that.
Dec 25, 2023 1:31 AM

Sep 2019
The attention this anime is getting is underwhelming especially in Reddit. I'm glad it got the ratings it deserves here on MAL. I fcking love this anime, it healed my soul <3
Dec 25, 2023 3:04 AM
Dec 2022
definitely gonna watch it again next year
Dec 25, 2023 11:42 AM

Nov 2011
Best Christmas episode ever!
This anime surpassed itself in cuteness! I'm just at peace after finishing this anime! <3 <3 <3
Dec 25, 2023 10:38 PM

Mar 2008
That was a sweet ending.

Such a cute series and funny too.
Dec 27, 2023 7:12 AM

Jul 2019
I was not prepared to enjoy this anime quite as much as I did. So sweet and calm. Shirosaki made me a bit gay.
Dec 28, 2023 2:10 AM
Jul 2015
Such a good healing anime!
Dec 28, 2023 12:09 PM
Oct 2023
I CRIED A LITTLE AT THE END :(((
momose and shirosaki's bond is actually everything, i'm glad they get to stay close to each other :3
Dec 29, 2023 6:02 AM

Nov 2022
BROOO! When Momose told him he moved in the house next to his I cried from happiness!! LET'S GOOOO!

What a great anime this was. Fun, sweet and wholesome, with a few dark but realistic moments. A-1 Pictures also didn't disappoint with the animation and the art style was super pleasant.

All in all super glad I watched this :)
Dec 29, 2023 1:58 PM
Jul 2014
This may be one of the few anime I've ever seen where one main says to the other they're not a couple and we still have idiots going "dUh tHiS iS a StEaLtH yAoI!"
Dec 30, 2023 2:46 PM

Jul 2019
I was really sad that they were going to live so far from each other, but even though them becoming neighbors was a good ending, I wanted them to still remain roommates.

Unfortunately this will be one of those masterpieces that will never have a second season...
Dec 31, 2023 2:23 AM

Aug 2016
He really didnt need to move out.
Jan 1, 8:12 PM

Jul 2007
Awwww so sweet, my heart 😭😭.
Shirosaki grabbing Momose's leg to stop him from moving was everything. I'm so happy with the fact that they are still living very close awww. I'm gonna miss my guys, this series is everything!
Jan 1, 10:03 PM
Mar 2017
Give me back my tears!!! HAHAHA
Jan 1, 11:44 PM
Dec 2022
Momozon! Lol. So they are going to be neighbors!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Atarashii Joushi wa Do Tennen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Oct 14, 2023

58 by Rev8 »»
May 16, 1:36 AM

Poll: » Atarashii Joushi wa Do Tennen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 7, 2023

68 by Brokuta71 »»
May 8, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Atarashii Joushi wa Do Tennen Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Dec 16, 2023

38 by kejora »»
Apr 13, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Atarashii Joushi wa Do Tennen Episode 9 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Dec 2, 2023

32 by kejora »»
Apr 13, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Atarashii Joushi wa Do Tennen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Nov 11, 2023

57 by kejora »»
Apr 13, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.