Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 23, 2023 5:27 AM

Nov 2011
Despite the overwhelming presence, Will and the team ultimately manages to survive this episode. It was a moment of triumph and pride imo.

The aftermath was kinda bittersweet. Will and Augustus had one last moment to share on screen while we got to hear music being played with Robina and the violin. All their hard work did pay off.
Dec 23, 2023 5:28 AM

Jul 2017
With all reinforcements on deck, the battle against Valacirca restarts to even higher intensity. And despite bigger issues, Will managed to take down the evil dragon, though as told by Stagnate, his dragon factor has been interwoven into Will, and he has to pay special attention to restrain it. Other than the standard feud between sisters, Stagnate showing herself for the very first and last time, this goddess is not meant to be underestimated. With Will and their wishes as reward for slaying Valacirca, the world is restored, the Iron Country has been taken back, and all is at peace.

With Valacirca's scales and horns taken back as gifts, Will and Co. make it back to the village, then to Will's home to pay respects to Mary and Blood for him being alive and conversing with Gus, before it's finally back to Torch Port for a full-on celebration.

Season 2 has been yet another good affair...with a few hiccups here and there despite the overall upgrade in production.
Sadly, there will not be a Season 3 because of the author's hiatus since 2020.
KANLen09Dec 23, 2023 10:01 AM
Dec 23, 2023 5:28 AM

Dec 2021
The last stretch of the intense battle between Will and Valacirca.

After a fierce battle with Valacirca, Will found himself cornered. His beloved spear was broken, the magic sword sealed, and before him stood the immortal deity Stagnate. Stagnate resurrected the dwarf warriors who once fought in the land of steel, and Gracefield imbued the warriors, who could not return to the cycle of reincarnation, as "courage" in the hearts of Will and his companions, breaking Gracefield's barrier. Will and his companions, rising once again, renewed their determination to face their ultimate foe—the formidable Valacirca.

Honestly, I've never really given the original OP a proper listen before, but now that I have, it's pretty awesome. I guess I should've given it more of a chance. Surprisingly, the animation in this episode is actually not bad by OLM's standards. The whole thing of exposing oneself in response to Lady Gracefeel's anger and then just disappearing – it had this kind of cool vibe until the very end. Let's snag that proof of victory and head back, so everyone can finally chill out! And seriously, Will, make sure to take a good break. Everyone, just let Will catch some well-deserved rest, no matter what! It's cool to see Gus one last time, and catching a glimpse of Bi after so long is a nice touch. Oh, and her song this time is probably her best yet. The joy of coming back from a dragon quest, knowing there are people waiting to welcome you, is something everyone can relate to.

I kind of want to say this season is even better than the first, but it does spend a lot of time setting up the fight against Valacirca. The whole fight was awesome, but I wish they had given it more screen time.

Dec 23, 2023 5:47 AM

Apr 2020
Better than the first season but not by much.
I feel like S1 had better animation tho.
7/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Dec 23, 2023 6:10 AM

Feb 2021
Well, that was quick.
That dragon power is badass!
Imagine Gus' reaction if Will tells him that he got 2 goddesses thirsting for him lol
The timeskip at the end was cool.

8/10
I think it was really good! Better than season 1 imo. Truly felt like a fantasy tale about heroes.
Dec 23, 2023 6:47 AM
Jul 2023
Classic fantasy story with classic fantasy ending.

Asking for more would be frivolous.
Dec 23, 2023 7:02 AM
Jul 2011
It was very interesting how this season was developed. I liked the new characters and their stories. One thing I really missed in this ending was a new armor for Will made by the dragon's scams. Another thing that can be important in the future is how Gracefield and Stagnate will fight for Will's love. By the way, this season was very good to watch. I want to see the new enemies will face.
Dec 23, 2023 7:07 AM

Jan 2012
And so against all odds our party triumphed over the evil dragon, restored the surrounding forest and mountains to an extent, and returned home with fame and fortune to celebrate and begin anew.

This second season of Faraway Paladin was honestly a bit on the slow, generic, by the numbers side of things for me narratively speaking. Your basic fantasy plot. Which is fine I guess. About the only truly interesting new information we got involved Stagnate's background. The new characters, mainly the dwarves and elves, were....also fine. The story flowed alright, but nothing really matched the emotional highs of those first few season one episodes. I guess I'll give it a mild 7/10 and would watch more if it came. But I'm fine either way.
Dec 23, 2023 7:27 AM

Sep 2018
How disappointing. They spend the entire season hyping up how dangerous Valacirca is, reinforcing that everyone's going to die, and having Will come to terms with his own death... and for what? Not only did no one die, no one was even hurt by the end of the fight. It seems like a massive waste of potential, especially because the heroes only won because of a literal deus (or rather, dei) ex machina, since it feels like it wasted all of the setup of the prior episodes. Also, I can't help but find it funny how often they bring up Will not having a girlfriend. It's like the author realised how gay his relationship with Menel was, then panicked and is trying to change course by assuring us he's straight.
Dec 23, 2023 8:39 AM

Mar 2019
I really liked this season, the animation was very good.
It was a good fantasy story, much better than that shitty isekai about the depressed teenager who couldn't get his dick to rise...
7.5/10
(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)
Dec 23, 2023 9:15 AM
Feb 2022
Amazing show I hope it will have a season 3 although I think they should increase the number of action scenes, and focus more on character relations.
I really like the world building and the lore but I think they put a little too much slice of life scenes.
Dec 23, 2023 9:17 AM
Sep 2015
One of the thing I like about this anime is that it's one of the rare isekai that doesn't have a status bar that show HP/MP/LV/Stat/Skill. Every time I see anime that has status bar I just can't convinve myself that the new world is real, it's kinda more like they're trapped in RPG.
Dec 23, 2023 10:02 AM

Dec 2017
That was a such an abrupt cut at the end lol. I guess overall it was better than last season?
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Dec 23, 2023 10:54 AM

Oct 2017
The dragon fight finally ended. Will took it down and even got the dragon factor, big power up for him. The fight was kinda underwhelming but oh well.

We finally got to see Stagnate's human form and she's a beauty. She looks like Gracefeel a lot and it makes sense given she's her older sister. Also she finally said it, she loves Will. I've really come to like her character a lot. The catfight was amusing btw. Will got two goddesses. Hoping to see them both get a human vessel or something and spend time with Will in the future.

Not a bad season again but the slow pacing and average production makes it an okay season. There's some interesting stuff though so would like to watch more. Also I think I liked s1 more.
MegamiRemDec 25, 2023 4:45 AM
Dec 23, 2023 11:11 AM
Mar 2015
I went to kill the dragon and all I got was a curse
Dec 23, 2023 3:52 PM

Mar 2010
Huh They pulled off a miracle only possible by the gods help...

Why doesn't Will Just Marry Bee?

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 23, 2023 3:54 PM
Sep 2020
Series 2 was better than Series 1 in most respects although they were very different. S1 with the backstory/training/mentoring/parenting themes was great and had a brilliant ending. S2 with large expansion of the world and Will meeting diverse people and growing as a person whilst there was much more action/plot is definitely a positive.

Really looking forward to how the story goes from here.
Dec 23, 2023 3:57 PM
Jul 2021
Even the Goddess of undead told bro to get a girl or she's gonna come herself and his brain off😅 Poor William ....
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Dec 23, 2023 4:03 PM
Nov 2008
AHAHAHAHA seems like no S3 lol
Dec 23, 2023 4:18 PM
Mar 2019
And so the Hobbit...the Lord of the--the Faraway Paladin season two is over. AND, Will has become more powerful. I hope season three won't take too long to come.
Dec 23, 2023 4:34 PM
Aug 2020
it was a good episode to end this season but is it really the end?

i can not believe it
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 23, 2023 5:31 PM
Oct 2022
Did not expect this show to be as good as it has been (or for there to be a woman in Menel's life). They drop lore (they're sisters and the other god/goddess that has demigods all the time) and promises for the future in ways that really make the story feel more interesting and the world, lived in. It's a good place to stop here, but if they continue, I'm up for another round.
Dec 23, 2023 5:44 PM
Oct 2022
OweynLupton said:
How disappointing. They spend the entire season hyping up how dangerous Valacirca is, reinforcing that everyone's going to die, and having Will come to terms with his own death... and for what? Not only did no one die, no one was even hurt by the end of the fight. It seems like a massive waste of potential, especially because the heroes only won because of a literal deus (or rather, dei) ex machina, since it feels like it wasted all of the setup of the prior episodes. Also, I can't help but find it funny how often they bring up Will not having a girlfriend. It's like the author realised how gay his relationship with Menel was, then panicked and is trying to change course by assuring us he's straight.

I liked it, but I can see how no death could feel like a failure to pay off what was setup before. But I also feel like the point of a death would be to make the characters deal with it. if they already dealt with it beforehand and come to accept it, maybe the death itself isn't as necessary from a story standpoint. the double deus presence is clearly there, but I'm any story based on a world of gods and continuous interactions with them, it feels like it's hard to treat their intervention as something to count against the story. Will's whole thing is keeping his vow to Gracefeel and spreading her influence, he talks to her often, he stops to pray for the dead all the time for her, his scarred hands were from a childhood act involving his mom's relationship with her god, his first big fight was against a god, they're completely baked into the story as well as their interest in him (as opposed to the types that no one knows of they are still there because they never do anything). It's even like mythology in that the gods will even have children with mortals. I feel a god's intervention here or in DanMachi, while used in the literal-sense, isn't as often also being used in the literary-sense.
Dec 23, 2023 6:28 PM
Jul 2020
I'm so confused by the ending, so is there not gonna be a season 3?
Dec 23, 2023 6:40 PM
Apr 2023
Damn, that was a satisfying end to two seasons of Wil's adventure. Season 2 started rough, not to mention it continued to defy the isekai hero cliche of getting a harem, though right now he basically have 2 hot goddesses (with one wanting to have a child with him) and one Murase Ayumu-voiced trap half-elf which all can be considered as his harem. Now Wil is more OP than before so I wish I would be able to see more of this story. I might just pick the manga adaptation next!
Dec 23, 2023 7:56 PM

Dec 2008
Reply to KANLen09
With all reinforcements on deck, the battle against Valacirca restarts to even higher intensity. And despite bigger issues, Will managed to take down the evil dragon, though as told by Stagnate, his dragon factor has been interwoven into Will, and he has to pay special attention to restrain it. Other than the standard feud between sisters, Stagnate showing herself for the very first and last time, this goddess is not meant to be underestimated. With Will and their wishes as reward for slaying Valacirca, the world is restored, the Iron Country has been taken back, and all is at peace.

With Valacirca's scales and horns taken back as gifts, Will and Co. make it back to the village, then to Will's home to pay respects to Mary and Blood for him being alive and conversing with Gus, before it's finally back to Torch Port for a full-on celebration.

Season 2 has been yet another good affair...with a few hiccups here and there despite the overall upgrade in production.
@KANLen09 If they start adapting the web novel there definitely can be a season 3
Dec 23, 2023 7:56 PM

Dec 2008
Reply to DexterLivingston
I'm so confused by the ending, so is there not gonna be a season 3?
@DexterLivingston the light novels end here but the web novels continue after this
Dec 23, 2023 7:57 PM

Dec 2008
Reply to OweynLupton
@OweynLupton It was much better in the novels but I guess they needed to end this fight quick in the anime
Dec 23, 2023 8:26 PM

Jun 2021
Same feeling I had as the first season. A simple and decent watch.
Dec 24, 2023 5:05 AM
Jun 2007
William leveled up by dragon factor. Getting more powerful.
Dec 24, 2023 5:47 AM
Jul 2020
Loved this season. The reason I like this anime is basically for the sense of adventure this anime gives that is not present in most of the other anime.

And of course, the Yanaginagi songs, both the season 🤌🤌🤌
Dec 24, 2023 7:19 AM
Dec 2020
KANLen09 said:

is there a chance for a 3 one or is it 0%
Dec 24, 2023 9:55 AM

Aug 2012
The battle conclusion was so so bad... The godesses did nothing much but all of the sudden now they can all hurst the dragon?? Also Gracefeel looks like a spoiled child, is more and more detestable.
Dec 24, 2023 1:59 PM
Mar 2019
a good anime but i need more of this anime .

I swear autohor finish hiatus an in 2 years other season, for me the story its good not heavy
CrowterrrorDec 24, 2023 2:12 PM
Dec 24, 2023 3:29 PM
Mar 2021
He used to die, but somehow survived and became more OP. I love Stagnate's character in this season. I wonder if they can make S3 through LN vol. 4 and web novel as main source.
Dec 24, 2023 5:44 PM
Dec 2021
great anime enjoyed it a lot
Dec 25, 2023 5:14 PM

Feb 2022
So I guess he's a super human now.
I still enjoy this, I feel it starting off as an isekai kind of did it a disservice - although I guess his attraction to his main goddess is based on the fact she guided him to this world so there's that...
Dec 27, 2023 2:15 AM
Dec 2022
The dragon sure talks a lot during the battle with Will. Who would have thought that Stagnate - God of the Undead is a Goddess and sister of Gracefeel.
Dec 29, 2023 6:48 AM

Jun 2019
This was basically a 5/10 for me whereas I had granted season one and the series as a whole prior to this a 6/10. It's a little tough to ascertain whether it's the characters, including all the mains and the central main himself, William, who I don't care for in and of themselves, as they're just too plain Jane, or if it's the characterization and character writing of them I don't care for, at least in the anime series. Maybe there is more to them in the original author and creator's thoughts and vision and that is better reflected in the source or its manga adaptation. Also, the direction is quite lacking, uninspired, and dull, for the sense of heightened emotion they seem likely to be seeking to evoke with this type of world and story. It just seems clueless like it never knows what to emphasize and place focus on for maximum effect.

Love the high fantasy aesthetic and the tributes and callbacks to the greats and staples in its genre like the inclusion of all the The Lord of the Rings and Tolkien-verse references and names, but it doesn't do anything to match or exceed that (a monumentally tall order, I know - that goes without saying) or excel in its own right apart from that. The best episodes and best part of the entire series, including both two seasons, by far remains the first handful of episodes of the first season when Will was still younger and still growing up and learning the ropes of life and the gods with the trio of undead former heroes in that tucked away abandoned place. And even then, what I longed for was for it to flesh out (no pun intended) and go much more in-depth with it at the time. That whole section could easily have been a whole season or even seasons in its own right. But in practice, in reality, everything since that has been and felt kind of like skimming a CliffsNotes or Wikipedia summary version of the story.

It still wasn't a huge letdown from the highs and hopes of the first season for, as I said, I think this series' execution has unfortunately been underwhelming and disappointing throughout most of its run.

Rasco said:
Why doesn't Will Just Marry Bee?

Can humans and halflings procreate in this world? Or can they, but only with the creation of sterile offspring like a liger...
WatchTillTandavaDec 29, 2023 6:55 AM
Dec 29, 2023 11:37 PM
Oct 2017
That's how it should be done! I've enjoyed & liked the characters. Truly a recommendable show for those of mature writing taste.
Jan 3, 6:20 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to BiggKab
That's how it should be done! I've enjoyed & liked the characters. Truly a recommendable show for those of mature writing taste.
@BiggKab Hey, as for mature goes, I also felt that the writing on Goblin Slayer S1, for the later half, had a more mature taste to it, and most people just gave it a lower score cuz they could NOT appreciate and understand the message of the show, amidst all the violence and controversy.

This is to mess with you a bit (so dont take it seriously) since I found your comment to be funny, but we can justify tons of stuff being good, but people not getting it, cuz they don't appreciate "mature writing taste" xD.
Jan 7, 8:03 PM

Nov 2016
good ride, while not as dramatic as the 1st it did improve the action scenes. the dragon only looked menacingly, not really on par with other last bosses. was it perhaps he was too old to move around and only relied on dragon breath only?

the story was nice but i felt it was lacking in the final fight. if will and friends could grew a lil stronger, does that mean they can actually take on the gods and ascend? they did arguably only got a bit of help from the gods, not like full blown miracles, just a basic cura from the looks of it
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Jan 8, 8:49 AM
Mar 2016
I'm not sure why this average isekai is so popular but maybe this shouldn't be an isekai. it doesn't change anything. no cheating skill, lv, or using knowledge from previous world to other world. no nothing. it's boring when isekai MC is not OP or some sort of cheating system
Jan 13, 3:39 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to ultimateninjax
@DexterLivingston the light novels end here but the web novels continue after this
@ultimateninjax that's currently cause its ongoing, so it will just be a long w8
Jan 14, 4:49 PM

Jan 2019
I gave the first season 5/10, and season 2 is 6/10.

The dragon was underwhelming, fight was.. lame. Not sure why you'd make a dragon your main antagonist and proceed to do nothing with it. Then again, that's what dragons usually are like in any media, for me at-least, underwhelming and lame.

The worst part is how the whole thing feels rushed, the ending episode especially, like they couldn't wait to get it over with. This is one of those anime that need 24 episodes per season, minimum, to fill in characters, lore and setting. The animation this season was worse than the first one as well.

At-least it isn't as bad as the Shield Hero season 2 and 3.
Jan 15, 12:48 AM

Sep 2020
Man, this was such an amazing episode. I liked it so much and even got emotional at the end thinking that it was finally over. It was really funny seeing Stagnate teasing Will and Gracefeel getting jealous lol. I really loved how Stagnate accepted that she loves Will too just like Gracefeel also holy moly she's hot too just like her sister. I also loved the interaction between Menel and Dine and Reystov and the other girl that was waiting for him. I hope they become a couple too in the future. Finally, I really loved this anime especially this season. I hope they announces season 3 fast because it really deserves it and I can't wait for the next season.
Jan 16, 10:12 AM

Nov 2016
Saihate no Paladin 2nd season in short - The Hobbit 2nd movie with much better dragon fight xD

Overall I liked season 2 much more than season 1. Maybe the only I wish they made OVA what happened between season 1 and season 2.

PS: When I have seen both goddess I said finally non-loli immortals.
Jan 21, 9:16 PM

Sep 2023
The build up to the fight was better than the fight itself.

The last sequence of the battle was basically just Will goofily running buck naked and madly swinging his sword while having a shouting contest with the dragon... aaand then its over. In the scene before that, the others get some good hits in on the dragon after powering up from the souls of the dwarf soldiers but on the whole it felt like the rest of the party was underutilized for the battle. Once again its Will who does mostly everything, being the one man army he is.

That aside, this season has definitely been way more enjoyable than the first. It seems a lot of people liked the first arc of the story the most but tbh I'm relieved that we no longer have to see kid Will again. I appreciate how we get to see the development of his character from childhood to adulthood but it really feels like the story became more interesting following the time skip.

Anyway, glad we are still getting classic high fantasy anime in this day and age. It wasnt perfect and could have been better in so many aspects but I still respect it a hella lot more than most trashy isekai fantasy. Heres hoping the author gets well again and continues writing.
Jan 26, 8:55 PM
Oct 2019
this season was better than season 1. i liked the formation of his group of fighters/heroes this season, and i disliked all the god/prayer/naive/altruism junk in season 1

i would like to get a season 3
Jan 30, 11:40 PM

Mar 2013
Wow, nice conclusion.
Seems like we won't be getting any sequels anytime soon.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is this adaptation better than the first season?

Ghefira - Sep 13

3 by CheliosX »»
Sep 13, 1:13 PM

» Where are the girls in this show?

Dije - Jun 9

6 by Abyhape »»
Aug 17, 2:19 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin: Tetsusabi no Yama no Ou Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2023

34 by DarkTh3Light »»
May 31, 7:03 PM

» Anime vs manga

Hugowolf - Apr 12

0 by Hugowolf »»
Apr 12, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin: Tetsusabi no Yama no Ou Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2023

28 by Neva_1 »»
Mar 30, 10:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.