Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 24, 2023 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
While I'm not sure exactly what direction the story is heading towards, at least it's good to know Dorotha and Adnois are on better terms now.

They also encountered new people on their journey including a guy behind bars. Not much has changed about Adnois as he seems untrustworthy of others. However, I did not expect the final few minutes of the episode to get emotional.
Nov 24, 2023 10:01 AM

Dec 2021
The Empress is.. a interesting character to say the least...

Due to the death of Emperor Goethe, a new emperor ascends to the throne. Amidst the nation's keen interest, taking the spotlight and stepping onto the stage is Empress Dorothea. What she reveals as the new empress is something unexpected. Meanwhile, the head of the intelligence agency, Shirousagi, is personally pursuing the whereabouts of Adonis.

Wait, the empress loves Adonis? The very same empress who sanctioned Adonis' 10-year seclusion? The one who attempted to eliminate him multiple times through the emperor? The one who (perhaps) hails from the future, giving her knowledge of his actions, whereabouts, and everything he'll do? An empress acting like a K-pop idol... This series was already on the edge of being overly dramatic, but at least it keeps you guessing.

Didn't expect to feel sympathy for a fleeting side character who only appeared for a brief episode.

Nov 24, 2023 10:31 AM
Sep 2015
This anime wants to be everything, but look like it'll be nothing.
Nov 24, 2023 10:36 AM
Jul 2023
A bizarre opening and an emotional ending.

Despite its many shortcomings, the worldbuilding is set on a solid foundation.
Nov 24, 2023 10:57 AM

Apr 2022
Watching this right after watching an episode of Frieren has to be one of the most disappointing feelings I've ever experienced in my life.
Nov 24, 2023 11:02 AM

Jun 2015
It tickled my heart strings a little with the prison scene. But now we know next metropolis location. I demand blood and vengeance!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 24, 2023 11:12 AM

Feb 2019
Well that was definitely one of the coronations of all time lmao. An idol concert is an interesting way to ring in a new era. And she’s in love with Adonis?? After she tried to kill him?? I’m a little lost on the direction the story wants to go in but I’m gonna let the author cook because I do love the premise, lol

Very weird episode overall, felt a little filler-y. We did get some really nice Adonis and Doroka moments and the similarities between she and Adonis and Adonis and Chloe are definitely starting to show up. She’s such a pure and gentle soul, albeit a bit naive. I think she’s the perfect compliment to the edgy revenge obsessed Adonis. He talks a mean game, but you can see she’s taken a lot of the edge off of him already.

The abandoned police station was such a fun sequence. Doroka is the biggest crybaby in the world 😂 was expecting Adonis to snap but honestly he was way more patient than I thought he would be. Think he just enjoys Doroka company even if he doesn’t say it outwardly rn.

The old couple was a predictable, but still sad twist. I’m wondering how he’s survived in there that long tho. That police station is long abandoned and in a state of disrepair that suggests it’s been years since those people left. . It’s a shame his wife is as persecuted like that, I hope he can find peace some day.
Marinate1016Nov 24, 2023 11:19 AM
Nov 24, 2023 11:22 AM

Jul 2020
okay Doroka has completely turned into a useless and soulless object
the "comedic" bits are so fucking annoying I had to speed up to x1.5
pretty sure a rock lying in a distant forest has far more interesting things happening around it than what we witnessed during these 20 minutes
this show has got to be the biggest disappointment of the season for me.I can't believe how it becomes progressively worse with every new episode
Nov 24, 2023 11:31 AM

Jul 2017
The Redia Empire's New Imperial Coronation after Emperor Goethe's death, and Queen Dorothea takes over...in a somewhat idol-ish fashion. Of course, a witch being emperor is seen as blasphemous, as the world plunges into yet a deeper rabbit hole, and meanwhile, her childhood frend-cum Intel Department Head Shirousagi takes over to find both Adonis and Doroka wandering in the desert. Doroka's Love Magic, which she could've used to manipulate Adonis, she did not, and their first impressions would've sucked right out of the gate.

Into the deserted Sand Land, Doroka is stacked with Punch's items, which include items of necessity...and a snowman tent, yeah. Exploring the small town further, and Doroka gets on Adonis's nerves when it comes to the biggest building in the vicinity, the police station, other than a worn floor, creatures like rats and a hologram, hearing someone hum a song, he happens to be an inmate trapped behind bars, and the only one left in this town, which the prison walls doesn't give him good memories. Upon further request, the next city of Mamuta is a rather a long distance away. Doroka thinking that the old man needs saving, but Adonis thinks otherwise, bearing that him and his dead wife Sasha will live out their days in sustenance until death.

Onwards to Mamuta...there's nowhere else in Sand Land...
Nov 24, 2023 11:59 AM
Aug 2020
it was a good episode, the prison guy decide to die there...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 24, 2023 12:04 PM
Dec 2020
this episode sucked i think after ep 6 is the downhill
Nov 24, 2023 1:44 PM
Jun 2022
It was deep really.
Nov 24, 2023 2:17 PM

Feb 2023
Better than the last episode, but Adonis is still abusive af
Nov 24, 2023 2:25 PM

Dec 2018
That felt really short. Sad ending...
Nov 24, 2023 2:59 PM

Apr 2013
Idk felt like another meaningless episode. I hope the pace picks up again next week.
Nov 24, 2023 3:20 PM
May 2022
Reply to felixsifuri
Watching this right after watching an episode of Frieren has to be one of the most disappointing feelings I've ever experienced in my life.
@felixsifuri I always save Frieren for last. You have to end the day on a high note.
Nov 24, 2023 3:26 PM
May 2022
So everyone is mentioning that the new Queen loves Adonis, but is that mentioned in this episode? I must have missed it. What´s up with those severed heads while she was singing? Was that to show all the people she killed on her way to being the queen?
That opening was very Oshi no Ko-esque. They even had Aqua doing the light stick dance lol.
The Adonis and Doroka part was actually emotional for a change, but their relationship still feels a bit off.
Nov 24, 2023 3:35 PM
Jul 2021
With last ep and this one I don't think those comedy scenes fit the theme for this kind of anime at all, but whatever
Nov 24, 2023 4:12 PM

Apr 2022
a surprising amount of comedic moments, no idea where this is going.
Nov 24, 2023 6:09 PM
Apr 2021
Well, this episode made me finally realize that I really don't like this show in any way. It had a nice premise but did everything it could to throw it all away.
Nov 24, 2023 6:16 PM

Mar 2019
They arrived in Sand Land, i thought they would meet Beelzebub haha.

Ps: the anime really adopted slapstick comedy, sad...
Nov 24, 2023 6:21 PM
Aug 2021
I’m so confused. What happened to the dark tone the entire series had adopted thus far? Why the sudden inclusion of these shouneny comedy scenes? And why the hell is the new queen/witch doing an idol routine? WHAT IS THIS ANIME HAHA
Nov 24, 2023 7:39 PM
Aug 2019
IzanaSolos said:
The Empress is.. a interesting character to say the least...

Due to the death of Emperor Goethe, a new emperor ascends to the throne. Amidst the nation's keen interest, taking the spotlight and stepping onto the stage is Empress Dorothea. What she reveals as the new empress is something unexpected. Meanwhile, the head of the intelligence agency, Shirousagi, is personally pursuing the whereabouts of Adonis.

Wait, the empress loves Adonis? The very same empress who sanctioned Adonis' 10-year seclusion? The one who attempted to eliminate him multiple times through the emperor? The one who (perhaps) hails from the future, giving her knowledge of his actions, whereabouts, and everything he'll do? An empress acting like a K-pop idol... This series was already on the edge of being overly dramatic, but at least it keeps you guessing.

Didn't expect to feel sympathy for a fleeting side character who only appeared for a brief episode.

You better read the manga to understand why Dorothea Grethe is so obsessed with Adonis.
Nov 24, 2023 7:39 PM
Aug 2019
Marinate1016 said:
Well that was definitely one of the coronations of all time lmao. An idol concert is an interesting way to ring in a new era. And she’s in love with Adonis?? After she tried to kill him?? I’m a little lost on the direction the story wants to go in but I’m gonna let the author cook because I do love the premise, lol

Very weird episode overall, felt a little filler-y. We did get some really nice Adonis and Doroka moments and the similarities between she and Adonis and Adonis and Chloe are definitely starting to show up. She’s such a pure and gentle soul, albeit a bit naive. I think she’s the perfect compliment to the edgy revenge obsessed Adonis. He talks a mean game, but you can see she’s taken a lot of the edge off of him already.

The abandoned police station was such a fun sequence. Doroka is the biggest crybaby in the world 😂 was expecting Adonis to snap but honestly he was way more patient than I thought he would be. Think he just enjoys Doroka company even if he doesn’t say it outwardly rn.

The old couple was a predictable, but still sad twist. I’m wondering how he’s survived in there that long tho. That police station is long abandoned and in a state of disrepair that suggests it’s been years since those people left. . It’s a shame his wife is as persecuted like that, I hope he can find peace some day.

Read the manga to have a better understanding why Dorothea Grethe is so obsessed with Adonis.
Nov 24, 2023 7:40 PM

Feb 2019
JurassicOtaku212 said:
Marinate1016 said:

Read the manga to have a better understanding why Dorothea Grethe is so obsessed with Adonis.

After the anime finishes. Already have all the volumes.
Nov 24, 2023 7:41 PM
Aug 2019
Marinate1016 said:
JurassicOtaku212 said:

After the anime finishes. Already have all the volumes.

That's fair enough.
Nov 24, 2023 10:59 PM
Dec 2020
This anime went downhill, i don't even know they are going to make a dark revenge story or a comedic adventure like wtf plus doroka comedic bits weren't even funny who tf is cooking these shit because its OVERCOOKED 💀💀💀
Nov 24, 2023 11:39 PM

May 2019
Eh, the episode was ok as it was all over the place. We have a witch as empress now and performing an idol show while appearing to cast that love spell of hers to unsuspecting citizens. I do wonder if she plans on eradicating most humans or something. Also, the part with Adonis and Doroka in that abandoned desert town was a bit odd especially with that guy in the jail cell singing to his deceased wife.
Nov 25, 2023 1:08 AM
Mar 2012
Surprise idol queen now, but perfect match for spreading her mindcontrol. 'long live the queen' lol
Chinese pagodas? seems a new faction.
Shirousagi in Australia? he seems cool
Old guy nice guitar song, quite tragic couple.
Doroka funny, love that snowman tent.
seems with less mindless edge show surprisingly getting better.
Nov 25, 2023 6:32 AM
Sep 2014
There's never been an episode that has done anything worthy of hooking us in. I kinda think this shit sucks
Nov 25, 2023 9:03 AM
Jun 2010
there is no any important information at all
Nov 25, 2023 9:23 AM

Oct 2018
this episode can be skip... nothing really important, just got the information of the next big city after saw a guy who wait death in a prison of a desert village
Nov 25, 2023 1:15 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This episode was a bit odd for the lack of a better word. I don't get what this show is trying to be. Felt early on like some weird homage to Macross and then we switched to the retrofuturistic western vibe of many anime from thr 80's and 90's. It feels like very little of consequence happened but maybe we're proven completely wrong next episode. Impossible to tell.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 25, 2023 5:11 PM

Apr 2014
I'm so done with this anime after suffering through the last few episodes. Kept watching this anime out of morbid curiosity but its becoming so blatantly obvious the little amount of care that's going into this thing. Super low budget, slideshow-esque where the only animation goes into moving mouths (just barely) and maybe some basic body turns. I was expecting the "idol show" part in the beginning to, idk, do more than just standing still and occasionally wink at the camera? And this is her debut? Even the manga made it look like it was this wild idol dance, fluid motion and all. Then there's the whole shoehorned in "comedy" bits where the girl just shrill screams out of nowhere, the music doesn't fit the vibe at all, etc... it's just so bad. Not to mention my previous posts of frustration because the story keeps bomb shelling itself with every potential plot point and character (None. All gone.) to the point the main characters are wandering aimlessly now. To kill humans I guess.

Hate to drop it after getting so far in, but there are so many other better shows to be watched over this.

[Artist] • [Streamer] • [Writer]
Seasonal Anime Watcher!
Nov 25, 2023 5:32 PM
Jan 2020
worst fuckking episiode
Nov 25, 2023 7:00 PM
Apr 2023
That coronation was pretty goofy, well Dorothea was also really as goofy as Doroka when she started out in Caliburn.

Looks like not only the witches had the short end of the stick during the Gear Expansion. Much like our world's Inquisition, a lot of innocent people got accused and got unjustified suffering.
Nov 26, 2023 12:12 AM
Oct 2022
this show feels like it's having erratic mood swings.
Adonis would have loved if you're first meeting went like that. he'd have loved you.

"should we animate them walking up the stairs or the wake of the water continuing as they magically, err, technologically ride a bike across the surface of a like?"
"Nah. let's just pretend like it's all good quality."

anyway, oshi no ko did it better.

@felixsifuri This is the first show I watch every weekend because it guarantees things only get better.
Nov 26, 2023 6:55 AM
Nov 2023
Me encanta la animación que se ha hecho del manga y lo graciosa que es Doroka cuando se asusta
Nov 26, 2023 8:48 AM
Nov 2022
An episode of tranquility, I don't know why I feel that the massacre will come in the next one._.

Personally, I felt some pity for the man in the cell with his wife who had already died. It is clear that he wants to die next to her....
Nov 26, 2023 8:58 AM
Sep 2021
Shocked to see idol performance in this show and also the other world, Dorothea has taken over the kingdom and adonis journey continues towards the kingdom.
Nov 26, 2023 11:17 AM
Apr 2021
Tell you what. Do not listen to the low rating reviews saying that this anime does not have likeable characters. If you like similar genre of animes like elfen lied, death note, fumetsu no anatae, you are going to love this one. It started off peak, and continues to proceed marvellously throughout the storyline. Every episode has a good storytelling that entails the reason of why the mc acted as he did. Some episodes also were heart-wrenching about the perspective of different characters in the war. All in all the story is good, the production value for music is high, the characters are likeable and the plot twist is phenomenal. One of those anime's that attracted me to read the manga. Beautiful.
Nov 26, 2023 6:02 PM

Mar 2008
What an odd coronation ceremony coming in as an idol concert. Yet then again it isnt out of line with how bizarre politics can get

The comedy bits with Doroka feel forced. It actually would be funnier if it didnt play up on it so much with chibi reactions and over the top screaming.

I had a feeling that prisoner had the other person dead and that it was his wife and that the jail cell was not trapping him. Sad to see though.
Nov 27, 2023 7:54 AM
Mar 2021
Reply to felixsifuri
@felixsifuri took the words out of my mouth
Nov 27, 2023 7:57 AM
Mar 2021
what a Great Let Down. This anime went from great to worse with every episode. And now it’s a total flop.
Nov 27, 2023 11:29 AM

Feb 2015
the Tone of this show is all over the place. one minute it's a revenge killing frenzy with a super edgy MC, next it's a goofy slapstick comedy ( or tries to be). I'm still not sure what that opening idol scene was about.

At this point the interesting premise is all this show is
Nov 27, 2023 9:04 PM

Sep 2021
Another episode of abseloutly nothing.

This one had a great start. Much to my suprise! "I hope it won't let me down after getting my hopes up" - Me, after Episode 1.

Well, it did. I know these kind of revenge dramas aren't easy to write. Especially if you don't want to go with any characters to root for. But then you need to go all out in the world building and keep the viewer entertained by showing the power struggle of the diffrent strategists and present them moral dilemma to think about. Kind of like this show did for the first 2-3 episodes.

What you should avoid is making the main characters incredibly stupid, having the plot slow down to a standstil, trying to put in comedy and shifting the focus to one party only.

This show did every single one of these things. It's only been annoying recently and has destroyed it's entire potential. So I won't sit through the last 4 episodes - I doubt I'll miss anything here.

3/10.
Nov 28, 2023 4:52 AM

Nov 2017
I think I will delete this anime from my list.

Nov 28, 2023 6:02 AM
Nov 2019
raja baru yg ternyata penyihir
My Candies :
Nov 28, 2023 10:50 PM
May 2023
I like this type of animes.
Nov 29, 2023 1:22 AM

Apr 2015
I generally have no problem with a more light hearted tone but it's confusing how it's suddenly going that way after 6 episodes of pitch dark edginess
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» what problem with adonis?

isolated-otaku - Nov 4, 2023

36 by Memore »»
Jun 14, 1:51 AM

Poll: » Hametsu no Oukoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2023

81 by nick_el_son »»
Jun 4, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Hametsu no Oukoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2023

95 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
May 7, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hametsu no Oukoku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

105 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
May 7, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Hametsu no Oukoku Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2023

68 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
May 5, 9:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.