Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2023 10:59 AM

Nov 2011
We got back to back episodes this week. This almost feels like following a RPG game where the protagonist (aka Luciel) goes through the floors or this episode.

I mean, seriously this episode/show has shops for weapons + armor, a boss room, clearing mobs, etc. Might as well be a game adaptation. Luciel still should be careful where he ends up though.
Aug 24, 2023 11:42 AM
Sep 2015
I'm glad there are two episodes for this week, after drinking substance X for so long, this is the point where all of Luciel's masochistic training paid off.
Aug 24, 2023 12:25 PM
Sep 2019
I like the last 2 episodes definitely more interesting than the episodes following up to this imo.
Aug 24, 2023 1:08 PM

Apr 2022
Man, adventuring is fun, if only this show did it sooner...
Aug 24, 2023 1:47 PM

Jul 2019
Of course, Luciel would be able to impress even the Pope with his skills! I bet the Pope is now expecting a lot of from him...
Other places where to find me:

☆ AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
☆ Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
☆ DA: Tuliharja-art
☆ Instagram: tuliharja_art
Aug 24, 2023 1:51 PM
Jan 2022
man a magic sack is helpful and all, but I feel like a staff that disabled magic for those around you and a robe that halves MP use is still more powerful. should've bargained for even more :D
Aug 24, 2023 2:01 PM

Feb 2019
Wow so Luciel has already gained a lot of respect from fellow clerics and even the pope.

I wish the show would’ve done stuff like this earlier. The training arc was ok for a couple episodes, but stuff got repetitive after a while and it really could’ve done with some good old fashioned adventuring.

It’s funny seeing how methodical luciel is with exploring the labyrinth. Taking his time, mapping out every trap etc. very smart. The training he did earlier on in the show has definitely paid off, though. The surprise from the others when he mentioned how he got to the level 10 boss room already was a clear indication of just how wild that is.

Looking forward to seeing what he gets up to next.
Marinate1016Aug 24, 2023 2:05 PM
Aug 24, 2023 2:13 PM

Jan 2012
holy shit this anime became with this new arc so so much better
I AM SO FUCKING HYPEDDDDDD

Aug 24, 2023 2:36 PM
Aug 2019
No one else is questioning the fact it’s ep 7… yet this thread is ep 8 🤣🤣🤣
Aug 24, 2023 3:50 PM

Feb 2019
i think receiving an infinite (?) storage sack is a better deal for selling the robe and staff to the pope.
Aug 24, 2023 3:51 PM
Oct 2016
Z1N6 said:
No one else is questioning the fact it’s ep 7… yet this thread is ep 8 🤣🤣🤣
They released 2 episodes this week.  Episode 7 and episode 8.
Aug 24, 2023 4:23 PM

Jun 2016
This series has a slow progression (sometimes this is a good thing, sometimes not) and the first half had good premises but was kinda boring, this late episodes (7 & 8) instead were really interesting, this new temple arc seems the real start of the series, I really like the atmosphere and the setting of temples, holy/light magic, clerics and paladins etc.
Aug 24, 2023 6:09 PM
Jul 2021
LMAO "the Pope" is a tween girl LMAO.

Anime is sure becoming more and more woke as each season passes by. The Pope a female, ROFL, okay how about this Japan: Why don't you keep western wokeness out of your shows? Stop pandering to the lunatic western lefty cult! Crazy little idea, no?! 
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Aug 24, 2023 6:36 PM

Jun 2015
Ive seen the post about the delay being due to some fit people running about tracks and fields, but tbh I think it was a stroke of masterful marketing genius. On separate weeks the story would of just been turns up at captial claps some zombies, then next week oh dungeon again and slap a wraith. But when watching back to back I was more immersed in this dungeon crawl and seeing where it would lead us and what a fine ending with the pope.

Loved it, we need more magical items stat, and now we also have lvl 11 open!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 24, 2023 6:44 PM

Jun 2015
Dawizz said:

Anime is sure becoming more and more woke as each season passes by. The Pope a female, ROFL, okay how about this Japan: Why don't you keep western wokeness out of your shows? Stop pandering to the lunatic western lefty cult! Crazy little idea, no?! 

Is there any reason you take offence to a fictional character in a fictional universe in a different multiverse where someone with the title Pope is female? Bearing in mind your comparing it to your reality. How many skeletons, zombies, beast people, dungeons and substance x, as well as guilds do you come across in your day to day life?
Aug 25, 2023 2:05 AM

Nov 2022
The pope scene was pretty nice, music really added to the atmosphere. I guess he'll end up rizzing the pope too lol
Aug 25, 2023 4:11 AM

Nov 2022
I sure hope to see Luciel coming back to Merratoni and shuting down Bottaculli 's clinic and taking over with backing from adventurers guild by the end of season.
Aug 25, 2023 9:42 AM
Nov 2022
This show just keeps getting better, I don't understand why it's only 6.45 average score.
Aug 25, 2023 11:29 AM

May 2012
Dawizz said:

C'mon dude your are being sooooooooo dumb. 

Japan has car girls, ship girls, girls that become weapons, historical figures that become girls and who knows what more...and here you are thinking that the pope being a girl is sign of wokeness. ARE YOU FOR REAL?

Between some old fart and a cute loli who do you think the Japanese otakus would prefer? The loli of course...even i would prefer that. 
I despise woke people.
Aug 26, 2023 1:42 AM

Aug 2013
Magic tomes within reach soon TM.

With current knowledge the trade didn't really seem worthwhile. Also, what he finds is his to keep but does that only apply as long as the pope doesn't show interest in it?

The ability to disable magic and halving MP costs seem quite useful and potentially life saving.
LimiAug 26, 2023 2:15 AM
Aug 26, 2023 1:53 AM

Mar 2008
Finally the show actually is moving along though there isnt many episodes left so im not sure what kind of conclusion it will go to.

Dawizz said:

In the middle ages there was a legend of a woman Pope Joan reigning two years and it was widely thought to be true back then. So the Europeans of the middle ages were woke according to you apparently. No where did it say this is the Catholic church, it isnt even the same world as ours.
Aug 26, 2023 2:56 AM
Jul 2021
traed said:
Finally the show actually is moving along though there isnt many episodes left so im not sure what kind of conclusion it will go to.

Dawizz said:

In the middle ages there was a legend of a woman Pope Joan reigning two years and it was widely thought to be true back then. So the Europeans of the middle ages were woke according to you apparently. No where did it say this is the Catholic church, it isnt even the same world as ours.

When that b.s was already debunked way back in the 17th century by an "enemy of the church" aka a protestant anyone with two brain cells can clearly see that the "female pope" is a fabrication/lie. If there was anything real about that case. any hint of it being for real the protestant would have jumped all over it and use her in their quest to destroy the catholic church. Instead  you have protestant historians calling it a satire against a certain pope that was nothing more than a weakling & puppet.
And any and all "modern evidence/publication" supporting it I have to call it B.S because of the highly political/agenda driving era we're living in and you'll see those "evidence/publications" vanish into nothingness once the woke era ends.

@KaeUBW I'm just tired of all the b.s surrounding this time and age we're living in, if the show wanted to subvert my expectations or something like that, the show should have made the pope a 16 y/o Bishōnen or even better a snarky smart @ss 10 y/o boy.
And yes the "pope" and the fact that the "paladin" captain/all of the paladin "soldiers" are women is a clear sign of wokeness, clearly shoehorn in to make the western blue/green hair freak show happy with muh representation and what not.

@Roch2001 oh c'mon dude that character is clearly a by product of todays toxic woke environment, poorly done/writen just like every other "strong female/female in important places & jobs" we've seen in anime in the last 6/7 or so years. If the producers of this anime would have put in place a 10 y/o boy or a male Centaur in her place, that would have been fresh/new. Not another plain vanilla af strong female hear me roar 'cause I am a strong independent wahmen. 
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Aug 26, 2023 12:22 PM

Jun 2015
I think you need to take a step back and think. Your bringing Western ideology and the current state of the American political zeitgeist into an anime which just isin't there. Your attributing and projecting your own ideology onto an anime and hating on it because someone called the Pope is female. This has nothing to do with the 'woke' Hollywood girl boss culture. Which is currently destroying most of Hollywood as normal people have just turned off to it. But you are wrong to attribute this to Eastern made stories.

You seem so caught on the destruction or liquefaction of the church, Id recommend you watch Tucker Carlson speech he gave in Budapest to understand who is really trying to destroy religion.

Jesus never cared the difference between sexes, he seen everyone as equal. He who would casts the first stone. Looks like you have a whole bag of them and love throwing them at people.

Dawizz said:
traed said:

When that b.s was already debunked way back in the 17th century by an "enemy of the church" aka a protestant anyone with two brain cells can clearly see that the "female pope" is a fabrication/lie. If there was anything real about that case. any hint of it being for real the protestant would have jumped all over it and use her in their quest to destroy the catholic church. Instead  you have protestant historians calling it a satire against a certain pope that was nothing more than a weakling & puppet.
And any and all "modern evidence/publication" supporting it I have to call it B.S because of the highly political/agenda driving era we're living in and you'll see those "evidence/publications" vanish into nothingness once the woke era ends.

@Roch2001 oh c'mon dude that character is clearly a by product of todays toxic woke environment, poorly done/writen just like every other "strong female/female in important places & jobs" we've seen in anime in the last 6/7 or so years. If the producers of this anime would have put in place a 10 y/o boy or a male Centaur in her place, that would have been fresh/new. Not another plain vanilla af strong female hear me roar 'cause I am a strong independent wahmen. 
Roch2001Aug 26, 2023 12:25 PM
Aug 26, 2023 2:00 PM

Mar 2023
This is my favorite episode so far, in fact I've enjoyed these last three episodes. I am happy that I stuck with the show up until this point as I feel like it'll get better from here.
It is just unfortunate that it's only a 12 episode season. I don't think there will be a season 2 with how ill received the show has been thanks to the slow start. But it wouldn't be the first, not even the second, time a show with low ratings has gotten a 2nd season so I remain hopeful but if it doesn't get a 2nd season I won't be disappointed either, I may just head over and start reading it instead.

Interested to see what direction the next 4 episodes lead to.
Aug 26, 2023 3:35 PM

Nov 2012
I totally forgot this was a reincarnation isekai. I like how they don't hit you with that over and over. 

I wonder how we'll see the Pope. I hope they don't do the 'she sneaks out in plain clothes' bit.
Aug 27, 2023 12:39 AM

Feb 2011
This show isn't perfect, but's a fun, somewhat relaxing watch.

Substance X makes me giggle still

A solid pick up for the season.

Aug 27, 2023 10:53 AM

Aug 2014
best episode so far, but damn he should be more clever and not give or even show the items ;s or at least get 1 000 platinum coins or something
That was probably the best look in entire world ;d now the pope will become bad and kill everyone ;o

I wish there was a game where you can get cheat items like that early and without cheating
Thyriad-oPPailovAug 27, 2023 10:59 AM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 27, 2023 7:23 PM
Apr 2023
The change in pace and direction was interesting and fun to watch (although also hope the main-character will be able to return to helping/healing people at some point too - unless this goes into a him vs The Demon Lord situation).

Also still don't really understand why he thought the labyrinth was a simulation or training area or something, but guess that added to the humour.
Aug 28, 2023 3:52 AM

Mar 2013
I can't believe I missed this episode... 2 episodes in a week? I'm in!!!

I finally get to see her Highness get adapted. (I won't use her name as it has yet to be revealed in the anime)

Luciel is finally grinding his stuff in the dungeon, but they skipped most explanations, and his monologues. Unfortunately. 😑
CrazyButNot4UAug 28, 2023 3:55 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Aug 31, 2023 1:33 PM

Dec 2018
Nice, complete episode (rare these days). I was thinking he was going to ask for that book.
Sep 5, 2023 3:34 AM

Jul 2017
Jord finds that Luciel handled well on his first day with over 4000 points killing the undead, and it looks like supply has matched demand for him, but ONLY for him as he can get weapons at a fraction of the cost. And other than that, Granhart has a rather steep learning curve for Luciel to learn with all the rules being in the Healers' Guild. With better days and deeper floors, Luciel is doing rather well the lower he goes...until he meets the boss room, which he makes a retreat, before enquiring with Jord stopping at that same juncture and going on his way.

Into the boss room, Luciel thought that he could use magic, but it has no effect, and he can only literally power his sword to finish the horde of monsters. Right before the main boss shows up, the wight proves to be a challenge for Luciel, and it's beatable that earned him a lot of points. But the wight's robe and all, that is a complete secrecy of stuff, and Cattleya hurries Luciel to see the Pope, certain that the wight's items are of intense highlight. And the Pope wanting to buy these items outright from Luciel, plus a request, everything's going smooth so far.

Smooth-saliing...
Oct 1, 2023 1:41 PM

May 2019
So if Luciel had not received defensive training with weapons from Brod he would've been a goner in this boss room. That wight had items with impressive stats so much so that the Pope wanted to buy them from Luciel. Speaking of which, I don't recall how much $ Luciel received from that plus he ended up getting a sack that can hold a lot more stuff (Pope said it can hold everything in the room they were in so maybe not limitless but close to it?).

Anyways, it's nice that Lumina appeared in the last episode and it looks like Luciel may be teaming up (or training) with her in the next one.
Oct 3, 2023 10:03 AM

Sep 2012
hes harem keeps growing lol

him in the knight gear first 3 or 4 episodes OP's i mistook him as the blond female knight cause in hes gear and bony tail and half dark he looks like her twin sister if she had1 lol
Sugram22Oct 3, 2023 10:07 AM
Dec 26, 2023 11:00 AM
Oct 2017
He finally pissed me off. He should've kept quite about the looted items & just donned them himself. You keep what you kill! Passing up combat effectiveness like that angers me!
Jan 11, 2:40 AM

Jul 2023
Jord teases luciel after his first day at the labyrinth but at his suprise luciel earned 4000 points worth of drops. Jord leads luciel to cattleyn and her item shop where he buys dual wields for cheaper due to the low demand/usability from healers and exorcists.

With the dual blades, luciels next few days at the labyrinth is straightfoward with each lower floor traversed bringing an increase in monsters and booby traps (and drop earnings) until he stops at a boss room at level 10. After inquiry and shock of his exetremly fast progress to level 10 luciel prepares for the boss room. The next day luciel readily enters the boss room where he has to defeat a mob of monsters and strong wight with only his sword due to the wights spell nullification which proves a difficult but successfull fight for luciel.

Cashing his monster drops its amazingly worth over 100,000 points, however when luciel shows the shop the wights magical staff and robe he is urgently taken to meet the young pope who buys it from him HERself (it seemed to belong to someone in the past). She also gives luciel a massive storage upgrade from magical bag to magical sack at his request.

Seems luciel is getting the recognition he deserves
RefridgeraterJan 11, 2:56 AM
May 18, 9:42 PM
Dec 2022
Luciel finally defeats a wight in the boss chamber at level 10 and meets the pope.
May 26, 2:44 PM

Nov 2019
Lucien defeats a wight and returns with the spoils, the pope takes interest and trades it for a dimension sack. Ok episode it didn’t feel like a boss battle though lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2023

44 by Karuhun »»
Sep 7, 3:51 AM

Poll: » Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2023

80 by RiverRat05 »»
Jul 10, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2023

26 by ST63LTH »»
May 26, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2023

35 by ST63LTH »»
May 26, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2023

27 by ST63LTH »»
May 26, 3:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.