Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 6, 2023 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
Tbh, this felt like one of Sagiri and Gabimaru's toughest fights yet. We also got a bunch of ninja style attacks.

They're definitely comrades now with their combined teamwork. Sagiri wanted to also prove herself and show that she can fight as a woman. She's even willing to protect Gabimaru by putting her own life on the line in front of him. That's quite a development since they've first met. 
May 6, 2023 7:28 AM

May 2020
Man it’s really ironic how these veteran Asaemons teach Sagiri to conduct herself as a woman and to retreat from the battlefield leaving these men in charge but then they get splashed or one-shotted in the most brutal way. Happened with eye-patch Eizen and now with Genji. Kind of a coincidence Rokurouta did a number on both of them.

Though the thing with Genji was necessary for Sagiri to get her thoughts straight as well as that long-lost confidence back. As not only two Asaemons, even Gabimaru had the toughest of time dealing with this monster incarnation. And that’s when the executioner-convict duo tag teamed and literally put things to fire. Gabimaru’s fire ninjutsu acted as distraction and Sagiri dealt with the final blow… beheading the neck, the everyday job. 

Liked how atleast they let Sagiri redeem herself here, and the good thing is we’ll have moments like these going forward too. Though Yuzuriha the whole time, you do you and I’ll mind my own business ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯    

Now we are diving to the bigger plot, with the appearance of Ju Fa and Tao Fa there in the end. Aza brothers should’ve let them enjoy their time lol. 
May 6, 2023 7:29 AM

Jun 2019
A very action-heavy episode against Rokurota where both Gabimaru and Sagiri gave it their all. He's no joke to fool around. You need to be serious in order to go against him. And, that's what both of them did while facing Rokurota. Sagiri is very strong but she has a gentle heart which sets her apart from all the Asaemons. Sagiri cares for everyone. Felt bad for Rokurota in his last moments. Poor guy.

Now that we're done with this. Some new faces have appeared at the scene. Some very important faces in the story. But, seriously let them enjoy their time together. Don't barge in like that. LOL. Great development for Sagiri in this episode.
May 6, 2023 8:55 AM
May 2021
Amazing ep, Gabimaru & Sagiri step up!
The ending tho lmaoo.
May 6, 2023 8:59 AM

Feb 2021
So the hermits aren't actually bearded old men, but pretty young ladies....?
May 6, 2023 9:02 AM

Jul 2017
Genji being swept by the titan Rokurota (having killed Eizen) to save Sagiri, and his time is all but done. With Gabimaru, trying to analyze the titan's attack pattern, and Yuzuriha is pretty much useless, even if they have the agreement between them, so he's on his own to defend with his ninja-shinobi skills. And seemingly, out of skills and out of options, it seems like Gabimaru could've written a course towards his deat, and with Sagiri assisting him once she found his resolve, it's a fight for survival. But with his big body, it soon becomes clear that he's a tough nut to crack, and his mental attacks are just as strong as his physical ones. With Gabimaru down for the count, Sagiri must calm her senses and fight with an intense focus, her swordsmanship being outranked as one of, if not, the best.

Defeating the Giant of Bizen requires a form of specific strategy, and Gabimaru expenses most of his extreme skills to create a fireball around him, thus invoking him with carbon dioxide poisoning in order to get his head bowed down so that Sagiri can behead him. And despite seeing Rokurota's life glanced, she comforts him after the deed. Along with leaving the dead Genji, both Gabimaru and Sagiri will face even more enemies worth irredeemable, such is the experience called reality. And with the Elixir of Life, the criminals and executioners fight for the same reasoning to alleviate their kin from the deadly Paradise, though finding a village, will it be worth anything?

The brothers stumble onto more apparitions, one of which is a women twin, enjoying their time together. Trouble comes infiltrating upon the deed...
May 6, 2023 9:07 AM

Nov 2019
I forgot how the voice narrating the execution was so informative. Giant pretty much got the double threat finished with a clean cut.

He seemed to be suffering a lot throughout his entire existence, but at least he was put out of his misery in the end.

May 6, 2023 9:11 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So his larger than expected appetite ended up making him a never ending eater huh. For someone so big his reaction speed sure is pretty quick not to mention durable. Blaze mode was pretty cool though it sure had a harsh effect on the users body. Its unfortuate for Sagiri that she wasn't able to save Genji who had a hand in teaching her. But at the very least she was able to avenge him and Eizan by killing their killer. Curious that they would be a village on the island though. Not to mention humans casually kissing each otehr without a care in the world. Overall a pretty action heavy ep that showed a very rare teamup of a Sagiri led battle that showed well not just her skill but also the increasing comptability between her and Gabi. Finding one that deserves death proved to be the perfect cure for her.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2023 9:11 AM
Oct 2022
Damn, that episode just felt like 5 minutes. Finally, we witnessed the true power of Asaemon Sagirii. And this is the best, most brutal fight I've ever seen in hell's Paradise. It would be nice if we were able to see that chubby guy's past as well.
May 6, 2023 9:13 AM

Dec 2020
This episode was really focusing on sagiri what she feels and which way she goes on her path.
She is strong that gabimaru was saying that is nice.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

May 6, 2023 9:13 AM
Aug 2022
PEAKAKAKKAKAKAKAKAK I LOVEDDDD HOW THEY DID THIS FIGHT RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
May 6, 2023 9:14 AM
Sep 2021
The fight that took place was good and we are now starting to get info on shinsenkyu.
May 6, 2023 9:19 AM
Nov 2022
10/10 episode with great development for the duo...Sagiri's always been talented.. It was about her mentality and conviction that kept hold her back

As for the ending..Hell's Paradise truly starts here. Chobo got to see a beautiful sight but it goes from 0 to 100 from here on 
May 6, 2023 9:20 AM

Oct 2022
Great MCs' chemistry during the fight. It is getting more likeable Sagiri's character and i liked the sequences with Gabimaru fire mode.
In the end two beautiful women have their time together. Nothing to complain this episode.

May 6, 2023 9:21 AM
Oct 2016
Gabimaru and Sagiri the giant slayers! Taking down that giant criminal with some great teamwork. Talk about a crazy opponent to going against, the dude is a towering giant and has instant kill fists. One swipe and it would be all over for Gabimaru or Sagiri. So they had to be extra careful trying to beat this guy. Gabimaru running through all his arts attempting to land even a scratch. It was wild seeing nothing was working, I mean if not even a sword can penetrate him most times I don't know about anything else. Sagiri having to wrestle with the two sides within her. Genji saying some wise words about her choosing the middle path, blending the two sides to make her own way. Use not just logic or not just emotion, channel them both together makes you stronger. Great scene of Sagiri realizing this and finally being able to chop the giant's head off. Comforting him as he passes over peacefully. Setting the forest on fire was a smart way to get the guy lower to the ground so she could slide his neck. Provided a good escape route too seeing the monster comes towards the flames and the heading the direction they came.

Now we've ended the introduction arc of this series. As we see towards the end of the episode there's an old village on the island, as well as some weird people eating peaches. Next episode starts the first big arc of the series! Time to see what this island is really about.
May 6, 2023 9:28 AM

Mar 2010
Its funny how they almost were killed by some retard strength man child.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 6, 2023 9:30 AM

Jan 2013
Sagiri was not prepared for this journey. Why did they send her again?
May 6, 2023 9:48 AM

Oct 2022
Gabimaru actually struggled to kill that prisoner, if not for Sagiri that prisoner would have killed both of them.

And what the heck are those two at the end of the episode ?
May 6, 2023 9:48 AM

Mar 2021
Sagiri haters in shambles. Best girl was never in question. 
May 6, 2023 9:50 AM

Dec 2021
So now even has become Anime 'Souls-like'
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
May 6, 2023 9:55 AM

Oct 2017
Yuzuriha continues to be amusing, she was real helpful there. Sagiri can do it when she's calmed down and concentrates, she did really well this episode. Gabimaru and Sagiri teamwork was great. Interested to see what's in the village they found. Also lesbian angels at the end there?
May 6, 2023 9:55 AM
Apr 2023
MadanielFL said:

oh oh oh oke i get it
May 6, 2023 10:01 AM

Jun 2014
Sagiri slander will no longer be tolerated. Great fight against Rokurota and this is just a taste of what's to come when it comes to the fights in this series. No random powerups or making the good guys broken beyond repair because the enemies are too OP, there's actually logic and everything makes sense. There's a reason and an explanation for why things happen the way they do, and teamwork is a heavy part of the fights in Hells Paradise. 

The intro to the island is now over, next episode is where Hells Paradise truly begins.

MadanielFL said:
Not quite. You'll understand soon.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 6, 2023 10:01 AM

Jun 2019
Rasco said:
Its funny how they almost were killed by some retard strength man child.
you wanna know something funny. He's an 8-year-old child. LMAO. https://twitter.com/jplus_jigokurak/status/1654855318340513792
May 6, 2023 10:03 AM

Sep 2017
Idk man this show kinda jank. Sagiri really was trying to make us feel sympathy for the spoiled kid who killed his parents for being a greedy, hungry bastard? Misogyny dude decided woman ain't so bad when at deaths door. But what wtf is with ever fight in this series just being a stupid ass monologue about how Sagiri is a woman samurai or that Gabi loves his wife.
May 6, 2023 10:08 AM

Jan 2009
balance in all things thats the conviction of Sagiri now eh

and damn the animation is so bad this episode too
May 6, 2023 10:13 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Gabimaru and Sagiri work well together as a team to bring down the giant criminal by smoking him out. Sagiri seems to be more comfortable in going for the killing blow although it wasn't easy to bring him down. The mysteries of the island continue to unfold as they discover a hidden village and a couple which I'm assuming that are goddesses are making out. 
May 6, 2023 10:15 AM

Feb 2019
Sagiri episode lets gooo. My baby finally overcame her fear and got locked in. Proud of her. Misogyny dude was talking all that shit about women can’t fight just last episode and now he calling Sagiri first rate lmaoo. Death changes mfs.

Kinda feel bad for the big dude tho, not his fault he was born with an insatiable appetite. Sagiri put him out of his misery in the kindest possible way

So the hermits are actually hot girls not old men? Sign me up

May 2021
goated duo showing why they goated fr. also, leave those "ladies" alone pls.

we in the main stuff now lets go!

Sep 2017
That ending was...quite unexpected.
May 6, 2023 10:19 AM
Aug 2020
Great episode, everything was almost perfect.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 6, 2023 10:26 AM
Jan 2023
this episode was crazy dude ost with fight scenes killing it🔥
May 6, 2023 10:29 AM
Jul 2018
God damn Sagari is so fucking pathetic at killing monsters her fucking feels are in the way which makes it dumb and annoying
May 6, 2023 10:34 AM

May 2015
Meh. I thought big guy will be more important.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 6, 2023 10:38 AM

Dec 2022
well i thought rokurota would be a though opponent and they will have to fight sooner rather than later and i was right also they left on the cliff hanger what about the village and those girls im exited for the next episode
May 6, 2023 10:42 AM
Oct 2021
Great! Sagiri's no longer dead weight after 6 episodes. I hope the story finally gets back on track.
May 6, 2023 10:54 AM

Dec 2018
Amazing episode again~ All 6 episode are totally fine~

Sagiri is a badass after all, she is unharmed. She can kill, she can fight, she can easily dodge. Just her confidence are so annoying sometimes.... Will she scared again later on? Hope no more.... But I do feel she will anyway...

The giant dude is crazy.... His parents always cheer him and giving love... Maybe they can't afford to give him foods that much... But killing them... Ugh...
He's a true criminal indeed.

That ending lesbian kissing naked scene.. they are beautiful... An angels of the hell paradise. But who could they be? Humans? Or something else... The OP visual scene does show a girl with a tree monster.... She's the resident of that island then... Well, can't wait to watch the next episode to find out more.

May 6, 2023 10:58 AM

Sep 2015
dat slowmo.. lmao
May 6, 2023 10:59 AM

Oct 2018
Sagiri still carries the anime on her back. It would be much better if it was just her or maybe Sagiri and Yuzuriha. Gabiru is too boring. We finally had something interesting in this anime, too bad it took 6 episodes for that to happen. The other episodes could have been condensed into 2, things would flow better that way. Takahashi Rie is simply Takahashi Rie.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
May 6, 2023 11:00 AM
Aug 2022
This episode was the embodiment of the term 'baddassly fire' like I'm speechless.
May 6, 2023 11:01 AM

May 2020
what was that ending lmao
leaving us on a cliff hanger again

May 6, 2023 11:01 AM
Jan 2023
Things are really picking up. This episode really felt like a tonal shift from where we started. Gabimaru and Sagiri seem to almost be on the same page now. Yuzuriha showing her true colors and then playing the cheerleader for Gabimaru really popped me. Also, not me over here holding back a man tear for the back story of the murderous Giant Rokurota. The Aza brothers sure did get an eyeful there at the end. This really was a great episode. Is it next week yet?
wrestleweebryanMay 6, 2023 11:22 AM
May 6, 2023 11:08 AM

Mar 2018
Looks like Princess Peach finally regained her form from episode 1. Can't wait for next episode, where she'll inevitably revert back to being useless again...
May 6, 2023 11:14 AM
Dec 2021
Mappa is heading towards a different genre
May 6, 2023 11:35 AM

Jan 2012
Looks like news that alot of stuff hasn't been animated yet for this series was true looking at the animation quality of the last few eps
May 6, 2023 11:49 AM

Jan 2018
Very weak episode in terms of production values.
May 6, 2023 11:52 AM

Jun 2015
This eps took the notch and cranked it into wild mode. Enjoyed how they weaved back story into eps. Sword hand over. A see a little cheeky breathing reference. How deep do we go!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 6, 2023 11:53 AM

May 2019
I knew that Sagiri and Gabimaru would have to work together to survive and they showed it here by killing that giant man-child. It's a shame that Yuzuriha didn't help out but I guess it is every man (and woman) for themselves.

That cliffhanger at the end, are those 2 even human? The pink haired one had breasts but the blonde one I don't think did so maybe one is male (it's kind of hard to tell) but regardless I'm wondering if they're the hermits that were referred to just before that final scene. Definitely curious to find out who/what they are doing on that hellish island.
May 6, 2023 12:04 PM

Nov 2016
Truly AoT with pinch of Demon Slayer when Sagiri killed the giant baby Rokurouta.

She was badass. My favorite episode so far and that was before the yuri action xD

5/5

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 6, 2023 12:05 PM
Feb 2022
it gets better every episode. also the ending ftw?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2023

202 by Tsinelas »»
Jun 13, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

198 by xjxlii »»
Jun 12, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2023

243 by Lennygc »»
Jun 10, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2023

325 by xZabuzax »»
Jun 10, 2:06 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 20, 2023

335 by xZabuzax »»
Jun 9, 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.