Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spy Classroom (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2023 6:00 AM

Nov 2011
Idk why but some of these latest missions feel underwhelming. There were some awkward comedy moments from this episode too.

On the other hand, I'm glad this show is focusing more on Klaus again. Even he has weakness despite his usual confidence. Also, it feels like they made Grete more into a comic relief character compared to some of the others.
Mar 2, 2023 6:49 AM

Apr 2016
Dude, i really hate when i'm watching these CGDCT anime shows, and then one day, suddenly, out of nowhere change the style dramatically from funny, giggly to super dark and crude. Why do that ...

Anyway, i knew there is one specific "love" interest in this whole thing, but was that with Grete supposed to be it ? Cause Man, that was as awkward as it can possible get, lmao. Still, i guess we can be happy that the story is moving forward at least, with the new post impossible mission mission, and new target to hunt ...
Mar 2, 2023 6:56 AM

Jul 2017
Finally, FINALLY, there is some semblance of spy action, and no matter how the Lamplight girls do their best, they just can't beat Klaus at his game, doing missions while on vacation in the Lylat Kingdom.

If losing Inferno is bad enough, the Empire in tatters from anti-Imperial spies going at their borders every day, and Klaus contemplating to take a sabbatical, it's going from bad to worse. If anything, this episode's girl-of-the-week is Grete working on her seduction, from the tropey "walk onto a naked girl" scene and Grete being shameless about her being useful to Klaus for stress relief. But on the serious side, Klaus bringing Lily along just so that he could take care of the target on his own.

Having Lily be baited on by a doppelganger to be tricked, it's the brainchild plan of Codename Daughter Dearest Grete's plan to force Klaus to rest from overworking to the bone. But though it all, it didn't pass Klaus's rigorous tests to enable the girls to go on the Impossible Mission. Sure, Grete may have feelings for Klaus, but to give an answer now would be inappropriate of their psychological warfare, even in normal conversations. Grete is a good planner no doubt with her mental stimulations, and the hunt for an assassin with her and 4 others would prove vital.

Grete has shown herself to be a versatile planner, the brains for any plan.
Mar 2, 2023 6:58 AM

Apr 2014
FINALLY! We're fully moving into the territory of the second volume. Those filler-esque side stories are now over. Thank god.
Now, it's time for Tomoshibi vs Shikabane.

Swagernator said:
Dude, i really hate when i'm watching these CGDCT anime shows, and then one day, suddenly, out of nowhere change the style dramatically from funny, giggly to super dark and crude. Why do that ...

Because the ep 5-7 are from the additional side stories that can be made as an OVA or specials instead. While this episode was adapted from the actual chapter in the second volume of the light novel.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 2, 2023 7:12 AM

May 2020
Hmmmm.. you open a door, you see a girl buck naked right in front of you and then you compliment her saying, "hOw vErY beAUTIfuL". Now if this show was attempting to highlight the alpha traits of this dude, then sorry that wasn't how it looked like.

Also stop with the assassination attempts already, didn't he recognize these girls that time.
Mar 2, 2023 7:15 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Using a tablecloth to bound someone huh impressive. But its nice to see HQ saw the merit that the team showed and gave them their well earned promotion. The way in which missions are presented though sure could use some refinement. Its amusing that Grete is acting more like a young wife to Klaus. But when she gets real she syre can get deadly. But embarassing as it was for Klaus it showed well not just how much Klaus had been running himself ragged but also how much the girls had developed as spies. Despite its failure what really stood out was Grete's ability to multi plan. Curious though at who Klaus would pick for the hunt for Corpse though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2023 7:41 AM

Mar 2021
Finally back to Spy Action and the girls attempt another surprise attack on Klaus but failed again am sure they will beat him one day
Mar 2, 2023 8:00 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
so are we finally gonna get to the girl vs girl action?

anyway, desptie the show just being kinda meh so far... i really like the characters and the guy is my favoirte male character this season, thank fuck they aren't too OP or bordline invinsible 
EcchiGodMamsterMar 2, 2023 8:04 AM
Mar 2, 2023 8:02 AM

Mar 2020
The second volume begins as we're done with the flashbacks, but, it's still as much as a slog as before, with poor comedic timing and boring spy work. The one thing to take away is that Klaus' has some sort of a weakness, as even he gets tired. Wow, I guess he's human after all. Grete being in love with Klaus is also quite awkward, why her of all people?

At this point, all these assassination attempts on Klaus are getting repetitive, is there even a larger plot at hand to be seen this season?
Mar 2, 2023 8:46 AM

Jul 2011
The only way to the girls win really, is if they straight out kill Klaus. Even then Klaus would have a letter saying that they didn't get him.
Mar 2, 2023 8:59 AM
May 2022
Finally!! Other plot other than "the girls want to defeat the boss" or the background story that focuses for one character

The girl will got mission, yeay. Action is incoming!!

Also, boos + Grete? is it legit? she is the one that master is seducing, right? 
Mar 2, 2023 9:20 AM
May 2021
Decent ep tbf, but sadly my expectations of this anime is still low.
Mar 2, 2023 12:43 PM

Jan 2021
Idk why but I have this feeling like the show is going downwards, I mean its still interesting and all but yeah. 

I'm glad at least that they focused on Klaus and Grete this episode, and I think Grete confessed to Klaus (It seemed like it).
Mar 2, 2023 3:23 PM
Jul 2014
They really be pushing the dream fantasy lmao

"I choose it in 2 seconds through the thousands of possibilities"

It's like it's written by a 10 years old that has a power fantasy
Mar 2, 2023 3:32 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
Finally an episode that is focused on the present! we are moving forward!!

everyone is back from vacation, with Klaus doing some missions in the Lylat Kingdom.

That plan by the Daughters Dearest Grete was very well planned using a doppelganger Lily and Klaus to trick the pair. But of course Klaus see's through it all and the plans fails.

Grete pretty much confessed to Klaus this episode as well but him answering her feelings now would not be the best idea.

As for the new impossible mission, its an assassin hunt for a guy named Corpse who is responsible for the deaths of many politicians. 

With Klaus saying that he will take the 4 best Lamplight members with him on the new impossible mission. Imma say he will take Lily, Sibylia, Grete and Thea. (looking at this now I just chose the 4 taller members lol).

Mar 2, 2023 3:51 PM

Jun 2022
As for the 4 members that will be picked, it will obviously be Lily even though she hasn't really done much and the characters who got their own special episodes. Although, eyepatch girl deserves some more screen time guys. 
Mar 2, 2023 4:18 PM

May 2019
Finally an episode post impossible mission, with focus on Klaus and, to an extent, Grete. Grete seems to have a crush on Klaus but I think Klaus wants to keep things professional. I liked this episode more than the last few. Towards the end of the episode Klaus acknowledged to Grete that he needs help for the next mission and will pick the 4 strongest members. I'm guessing he'll pick Grete and Lily but I'm not sure who else beyond those 2.
Mar 2, 2023 4:25 PM

Oct 2022
So Greta has the hots for Klaus.. the naked scene was awesome. So was it she asking him to hug her. Greta might be promoted to best girl over Sybilla after this. Klaus has a pretty cool Deusenberg coupe, but would have been cooler for him to have a Delahaye or some other "republic" car like a Citroen or Peugeot.
Cars are mostly American style in this.
I caught on to the plot part of the way through, like Klaus did. The girls did a great job this time but they almost threw us off with that spy he caught. I like it when Greta told him not to state his rejection just yet- that's very sweet. Don't turn her down man.
Mar 2, 2023 4:30 PM

May 2021
Grete, you have a fucking ranged weapon, why the hell did you have to keep it so close to the guy? You would have much greater control of the situation from afar. And more guns(or tazers?) would certainly have helped.

Mar 2, 2023 4:43 PM

Apr 2022
this feels really repetitive but at least we got to see some grete cheeks. daughter dearest fr.
Mar 2, 2023 5:16 PM
May 2017
The series returns with Grete's derrière in a very good episode.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Mar 2, 2023 6:38 PM

Dec 2022
Grete best girl confirmed!
Klaus is one lucky guy!
must be nice being the best spy in the world
Mar 2, 2023 8:12 PM

Feb 2021
So they finally started adapting volume 2. 
And I guess they adapted pretty faithfully the events at the beginning of vol. 2. 
Mar 2, 2023 8:51 PM
Jul 2021
well it was like i was shipping lily and their sensie but now its ep 8 its feel like grete not lily and their main mission already in ep3 after that other episode have each character pov.
Mar 3, 2023 8:39 AM
Nov 2022
A very good episode, I loved it, it was obvious that Grete had some feelings for the protagonist, although at first I thought it was simple admiration, now it's clear that she's in love.

Some romance is not bad, (especially this anime) since the plot itself is a bit slow, well, that's my personal opinion.
Mar 4, 2023 5:20 AM

Sep 2020
Their strategy kind of worked this time, more Lily is always good.
Mar 4, 2023 5:24 PM

Mar 2010
Twas a emotionless endeavor for grete to go after the lad, but was kinda refreshing. I keep forgetting.. that he could choose anyone to help out; they don't all have to go.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 5, 2023 12:08 AM
Jan 2018
Grete is climbing the best girl leaderboard for me! The fact that she went through thousands of mental simulations and came up with one plan that would work effectively to bring down Klaus in just two seconds is impressive nevertheless, hope we get more screen time between the 2, if Lily loses I would not be saddened if Daughter Dearest wins instead!
Mar 5, 2023 12:43 AM
Nov 2019
At first I was disappointed in the anime because of the hype, but after going through and figuring out what the anime wanted to show, it was a great one, a wholesome anime !
Mar 6, 2023 12:11 AM
May 2021
Grete got that waifu capability. But why I am sensing death flag 💀💀
Mar 7, 2023 2:36 AM
Nov 2020
If another va I would accept but whatever.. need more action tho
Mar 7, 2023 5:33 AM

Jul 2014
Sad she got rejected. But honestly finally we not getting boring stuff and actually they're doing missions, if only this anime took a different approach earlier, it would've been a lot better 
Mar 7, 2023 5:33 AM

Jul 2014
_animesekai said:
At first I was disappointed in the anime because of the hype, but after going through and figuring out what the anime wanted to show, it was a great one, a wholesome anime !
What you think they're trying to show with this anime? I wonder though
Mar 7, 2023 10:43 PM
Oct 2019
Damn Grete down bad bad...

Finally we going past the Mission Impossible.
Mar 16, 2023 4:33 AM

Aug 2013
Good to see the story moving forward now, and the challenge of catching Klaus is still continuing. I didn't expect Grete to be so deadly. 

Mar 19, 2023 12:04 PM

Dec 2020
I enjoyed the fan service in this episode. I'm a huge [spoiler] romance fan, and I like to see it in non-romance stories too. To be fair, the team being all girls and just one man is also some kind of fan service, but romance fan service is special. [\spoiler]
Forum avatar: Lu, from Isekai Nonbiri Nouka
Mar 20, 2023 2:13 AM

Oct 2017
Their attempt this time was really close, well done lamplight. Grete focus was good, she's imrpoved a lot. Grete fanservice was good too. Looks like he'll take four members with him this time, I wonder who they'll be.
Mar 21, 2023 1:42 PM

Nov 2009
Softhenic03 said:

Also stop with the assassination attempts already, didn't he recognize these girls that time.

You do realize that the first 3 episodes are technically the last 3 episodes right?...

All episodes after episode 3 are basically "Flash backs" of the girls trying to defeat the Teach before the "Impossible Mission".

(BTW, this episode is about 30 days in, so they got 30 days left before the "mission")
(the girls attempted to take down Teach in the first 10 days, which the Teach said "you guys improved quite a bit in 10 days", then we have other events happening that's about a week or so, and this episode says Teach has gone on vocation for 10 days)

___ ___ ___

As for the "naked girl incident" Teach thought it was another "attempt" in which the girls actually already tried this sort of thing before with the "seduction attempt" (but this time it was an actual accident, lol)

Grete's actually quite innocent, she's easily persuaded into doing or thinking certain things, LOL

Honestly, Grete is a good waifu material. (but she sorta get hinted at a rejection...)

And apparently Grete's specialty is deception/ mask.

She tricked poor Lily into her plan, lol. Lily was so confused.

___ ___ ___

The interesting thing in this episode is actually Lily's "wanting to be known throughout the world"... as a "spy"...

Cause a Spy is technically not suppose to be "known", you're suppose to stealth so you can do missions without anyone recognizing you... so being known is literally the opposite.

amlgMar 21, 2023 1:50 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 25, 2023 10:19 AM

Mar 2018
DAT ASS THO!!!!!!
Apr 1, 2023 12:33 AM

Feb 2022
Grete is a waifu material.
Apr 22, 2023 8:51 AM

Mar 2013
Sadistic Grete is always welcome... Ehehehe

Jagermeister-kun said:
Grete is a waifu material.
No, she's already one in my book. 😍

It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 3, 2023 2:50 PM

Feb 2012
Fake Lily under the mask is Loid Forgeroh Klaus' redhead waifu who's hard to read.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 12, 2:46 AM

Mar 2015
Grete came up with a brilliant plan to fool Klaus, but the lead up was too perfect to be true, which made him wary.

Grete has insane processing speed, coming up with a elaborate plan in merely 2 seconds. She's determined to do whatever she can to assist the guy she loves.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy Kyoushitsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2023

90 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 23, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Spy Kyoushitsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2023

62 by vaindied »»
Mar 6, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Spy Kyoushitsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2023

62 by adbeaver »»
Feb 12, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Spy Kyoushitsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2023

52 by adbeaver »»
Feb 10, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Spy Kyoushitsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2023

62 by adbeaver »»
Feb 8, 8:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.