Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
ONIMAI: I'm Now Your Sister!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2023 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, Mahiro trying to try herself to be more fit physically is amusing. Gotta admire her effort at least.

This episode also had a lot of fan service with the bath scenes. Hope Mahiro can get used to her new lifestyle lol
Jan 12, 2023 7:14 AM
Dec 2022
Stark700 said:
Lol, Mahiro trying to try herself to be more fit physically is amusing. Gotta admire her effort at least.

This episode also had a lot of fan service with the bath scenes. Hope Mahiro can get used to her new lifestyle lol

where did ya watched it ?
Jan 12, 2023 7:28 AM

Feb 2020
As good and hilarious as the first episode.

Heh. That photo session was amusing.

Ouch. Mahiro had her first period.

SerafosJan 12, 2023 12:19 PM
Jan 12, 2023 7:59 AM

Apr 2016
Oh my god, she is playing guilty gear strive. Poggers. And playing as bridget lol, trap(not really) playing as trap character :D
TasoMJan 12, 2023 8:02 AM
Jan 12, 2023 8:23 AM
Nov 2010
Star_lord69 said:
Stark700 said:

where did ya watched it ?

Maybe on Bilibili?
Jan 12, 2023 8:39 AM
Sep 2019
mahiro suffers‎‎‎‎
Jan 12, 2023 8:57 AM
Dec 2022
I love this episode so much, especially the part where Mahiro pose like a cat and the *cough* menstrua *cough* toon part.
Jan 12, 2023 9:05 AM
Oct 2022
Mahiro and menstruation. Hilarious and reletable episode

Jan 12, 2023 9:08 AM
Apr 2017
I begin to hate this "because you are physically a girl you cannot behave like a man anymore". "You must turn into a beautiful flower and you can't be attracted to girls". This feels overall like a bad lesson to men and women alike.
Jan 12, 2023 9:10 AM

Jun 2017
1. The most outragous thing about this anime is not the loli fanservice but Crunchyroll's censorship is which can ruin the artstyle.
2. Pretty good second episode, the humor of this show works very well so far but my favorite part was when Mahiro says he doesn't care about his sister's naked body, so the show tells the viewers that isn't gonna end up as a degenerate incest comedy.
3. Mahiro and Mihari had quality time and did girly stuff they have great chemistry as well. Mahiro also had his first period which can be shocking for a person who was born a boy, the scene wasn't great, it took too much time ro realize what's going on but it still made me laugh.
4. I may review Onimai next week as a preliminary review because I know that some oversensitive bastards (who are actually insensitive to others) will trash on this unfairly underrated series.
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Jan 12, 2023 9:11 AM

May 2020
Bro what?? They really went there.. periods and stuff. I thought I'll stick around but not even a minute anymore.

Keep it fun and simple. It's not really difficult.
Jan 12, 2023 9:11 AM

Apr 2019
Seems like the period scene was adapted faithfully compared to what most pre-air watchers thought when they saw the PVs lol

The bathhouse scene was something alright, I can already imagine the censored minute-long static images on the first part of the episode.
Jan 12, 2023 9:16 AM

Jul 2015
This madlad is literally playing Guilty Gear as Bridget. XD

Jan 12, 2023 9:18 AM

Jul 2015
WoSen said:
I begin to hate this "because you are physically a girl you cannot behave like a man anymore". "You must turn into a beautiful flower and you can't be attracted to girls". This feels overall like a bad lesson to men and women alike.

This is something Matt Walsh would say, yet Twitter somehow sees "trans representation" in this.
And yeah, this conformism is really off putting.

Jan 12, 2023 9:20 AM

May 2016
can someone timestamp me the censored part?
Jan 12, 2023 9:23 AM

Jul 2022
Kinda refreshing that they took it there and discussed/experienced menstruation, as embarrassing as it was for them, it was an unexpectedly tender moment between siblings dealing with real world, very normal stuff which is typically universally avoided. Bravo.

I watched the uncensored version and the fan service wasn't too crazy. This one kind of had a chill SOL vibe, almost peacefully settling into their new normal.
Jan 12, 2023 9:23 AM

Jun 2017
Piromysl said:
WoSen said:

This is something Matt Walsh would say, yet Twitter somehow sees "trans representation" in this.
Well, Mahiro is technically a transgender right now
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Jan 12, 2023 9:27 AM

May 2016
found one. 658 they cut the scene out of her walking out of the bath
Jan 12, 2023 9:27 AM

Jun 2017
WoSen said:
But this episode was quite the opposite, it literally made jokes about expectations towards men in modern society.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Jan 12, 2023 9:28 AM

Jul 2015
DreadfulControl said:
Piromysl said:

He was born as a male and still identifies as a male, because his memories and identity remained unaffected.
I'm not gonna overanalyze this completely unrealistic scenario, but it's pretty clear, that forcing someone to conform to their biological sex is not really a proper message to send.
So far as we know his sister caused him very severe Gender Dysphoria.
PiromyslJan 12, 2023 9:39 AM

Jan 12, 2023 9:34 AM
Apr 2020
DreadfulControl said:
Piromysl said:

Trans = being forced into the wrong body??
Jan 12, 2023 9:45 AM
Jul 2016
Knowing these bastards, I was convinced that they'd show the blood. Kinda disappointed, but also relieved that they didn't.

One thing I like about this anime, is how many weird angles they "film" at. Especially compared to the somewhat bland presentation of the manga.

erikkamirsJan 12, 2023 9:53 AM
Jan 12, 2023 9:46 AM

Jun 2017
Piromysl said:
DreadfulControl said:

He was born as a male and still identifies as a male, because his mental state and identity remained unaffected.
I'm not gonna overanalyze this completely unrealistic scenario, but it's pretty clear, that forcing someone to conform to their biological sex is a not really a proper message to send.
You're completely overthinking it. I also don't think this anime is actually has trans representation at all. This is a bizarre comedy with a magical sex shift theme(not biological sex and gender identity shift). This anime's about a weird (but also relatable) brother-sister (or maybe sister-sister) relationship between a shut-in and a genius. Both sides are wrong about this anime and see in it more than it actually offers. But we've only seen 2 episodes yet, it's easier to discuss this topic after the whole series aired.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Jan 12, 2023 9:55 AM

Nov 2016
I prefer Garrison's character arc

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 12, 2023 10:12 AM
May 2020
Softhenic03 said:
Bro what?? They really went there.. periods and stuff. I thought I'll stick around but not even a minute anymore.

The entire show is about a guy learning to live as a girl, and you didn't expect this?
Jan 12, 2023 10:12 AM

Feb 2021
Mahiro in a cat outfit is too cute!
Jan 12, 2023 10:18 AM

Mar 2008
Was pretty cute Mahiro and Mihari switching roles washing eachother’s hair and in the end how Mahiro offered to take care of Mihari in return for what she did.

WoSen said:

And @Piromysl
I’m not really getting that as a message. It’s just how the characters are. To me it just comes off more like what is masculine and feminine are just perceptions that get influenced by how someone looks and their bodily limitations and people often get hung up how they are seen by others from expectations. For example the “sitting like a girl” thing, Japanese girls often sit like that because they have wider hips but some guys also do sit that way if their anatomy allows it. It’s a comfy position for girls but most guys are uncomfortable in it.
Jan 12, 2023 10:22 AM

Jul 2015
Dang, I read the manga so I knew this was coming up but wow... Also loving Mahiro's choice in video games, need to play some more Guilty Gear myself. 
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 12, 2023 10:24 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
I said it once and I'll say it again... 

This anime is so 2009-2014 lol

Never thought id have to say it, but I miss that era so much lol
Jan 12, 2023 10:49 AM

Nov 2013
Umm wasn't sister trying to put more confidence in her brother with this experiment? Looks more like she wants to keep him as a sister and is perfectly fine if he stays as SHE forever.
Jan 12, 2023 10:54 AM
Aug 2022
The whole episode made me smile until the very end! That "Onee-chan" part was the highlight!
Jan 12, 2023 10:56 AM

Sep 2018
Paused the episode midway for like 3 minutes again just to scout out the references in Mahiro's bookshelf – the most amusing thing for real, haha.
Jan 12, 2023 11:00 AM
Jan 2020
[b]Another great episode! I loved it! [color=var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyText)][font="\"Noto Sans\", Arial, sans-serif"]˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗[/color][/b][/font]
Jan 12, 2023 11:06 AM

Jun 2014
Softhenic03 said:

Hilarious review. Periods is a cliche for any story of a guy turning into a girl that lasts for more than a month. It was comedic and pretty simple.

5/5 Fun episode.
Jan 12, 2023 11:09 AM
Jan 2019
bath scene in oversea version is really hurting my eyes
Jan 12, 2023 11:26 AM
Oct 2011
TasoM said:
Oh my god, she is playing guilty gear strive. Poggers. And playing as bridget lol, trap(not really) playing as trap character :D
She was playing as Sol, you can see the player name just below, "MahiMahi"
Jan 12, 2023 11:33 AM
Oct 2019
WoSen said:
That's not what the episode says, Mahiro was forcing himself to be masculine, Mihari never protested against that, she just ended up telling Mahiro that taking care of your own health is more important than worrying about something silly as how one masculine is. 
Jan 12, 2023 12:15 PM
May 2022
WoSen said:

Thats the way japanese think i guess.
Honestly i can bear that thinking "Mahiro is a girl and subconsciously conforms to gender stereotypes"
so she adjusts to what society thinks a woman is.
This is my favorite manga.
Jan 12, 2023 12:25 PM
Apr 2013
Apparently a whole month went by already. Mahiro is now very very girly, though only a bit more. Still at this rate, mahiro will probably be full blown girly in another ep or two.

That being said. (Episode title jebait aside)

We have (albeit a pretty brief) public bath/shower scene, while it is nice it does feel a bit frontloaded so to speak, though I guess they do need to get the conversation about the hair out of the way.

It does bring up the point as to whether/if, since eventually I'm assuming there's going to be more public scenes since they can't possibly have the entire anime in their house right? Either way its still strange though, but for now its kind of endearing and it would sound weird. Hmm.

The ep as a whole is still quite cute though, although it feels as though things sure happened really quickly yet not much happened.
I wonder if mahiro's hair is going to be a recurring trend.

The relationship between mahiro and mihari is still quite interesting, cant wait to see more. None of the other supporting characters have shown up yet, though for now its probably still fine to just have the two main characters.

I really wonder whats going to happen, would be both a big deal if no other male characters did or did not show up. Still seems like it would be weird.

It is rather interesting though, since both of them are cute but still have their own quirks/flaws.

The fanservice scene in the middle of the ep was uh, something, sure wasnt expecting mahiro to do her own hair like that.
Its also funny how they actually talked about how mihari always wears the same thing.

(I also find it funny that, apparently mahiro never knew about the period. Anyway hopefully we're done with all the drama stuff.)

Ideally there would be less censorship related stuff in the next few eps but uh hmm.

I'm still vaguely curious as to how old mahiro and mihari are supposed to be and other stuff, but I'm assuming more stuff will be happening in the upcoming episodes so I guess it can wait.

[Off topic but still somewhat relevant: Does anyone else feel that there's some sound balancing issue with this anime? The difference between the quiet and the loud scenes/voices seems really drastic. Mahiro screaming is one thing but even the other lines have a big difference.

Most of the scenes are also really bright, but while there arent that many in contrast with the dark scenes its quite drastic as well.]
CocoaGalaxyJan 12, 2023 12:51 PM
Jan 12, 2023 1:00 PM
Jan 2022
man ngl this show has surprisingly good animation quality. 
Jan 12, 2023 1:03 PM

Feb 2014
Mahiro wearing cat ears and saying "Nya"......

.....this show knows where my weak points are, huh? X3

Once again, this was another amusing episode with plenty of fanservice that I'm sure others will like. Mahrio and Mihari's trip to the local bath house had some nice fanservice angles, but it was also a nice time for the two of them to bond together more now that Mahiro is a girl.

One thing that did take me by surprise was Mahiro having his first period/menstruation. Looking at the above posts, it seems like this whole thing is a sensitive topic, but I think the series handled it rather well as it still had its funny moments during the serious subject at hand.

On another note, Mahiro was also playing Guilty Gear. I only ever played it at a friend of mine a few times, but it was pretty fun to play, so seeing it make a cameo here does make me smile. =)
Jan 12, 2023 1:50 PM

Sep 2018
Another super cute & funny episode.

It's just lucky there are no ANN-twits over analysing this...

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jan 12, 2023 1:54 PM

Dec 2008
i think there is Yuru Yuri manga on Manhiro shelfs 
that girl looks exactly as Akari but with green hair

Jan 12, 2023 2:00 PM
Oct 2016
I quite liked this episode, it's interesting seeing a "man's" perspective to having a period, lol. I only wish I could teach my fiance what endometrial pains are like ;-; Overal fun episode, quite liking this anime, no matter how little sense it makes.
Jan 12, 2023 2:04 PM

Apr 2022
messerbangi said:
man ngl this show has surprisingly good animation quality. 
How is that surprising? They made Mushoku Tensei...

Yeah, this show is very problematic, for multiple reasons...
Jan 12, 2023 2:08 PM

Jul 2016
This show sure has a weird way to portray bonding moments between siblings.
Jan 12, 2023 2:10 PM
Nov 2022
im being held hostage
Jan 12, 2023 2:10 PM

Jul 2022
This anime is giving me some late bloomer vibes.

They also seem to be jumping on the trend of crocs at the end of the public bath scene
Kek

Jan 12, 2023 2:32 PM

Dec 2013
I have nothing but respect for all the girls having to deal with periods month after month, all the pains, moods, etc. I can't even imagine.
Jan 12, 2023 2:42 PM

May 2021
Mahiro dressing up was pretty cute.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I love Asahi!

BigBoyAdvance - Feb 7

21 by MusicLeaf »»
Jun 4, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2023

125 by ReliaOrSmth »»
Jun 3, 5:38 AM

Poll: » did this show get you excited

weeaboo5008 - Dec 26, 2023

31 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 23, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Who do you like the most? (Favorite/best girl poll)

Onii-chanShuki - Mar 18, 2023

31 by ViviTNT64 »»
Mar 20, 1:22 AM

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2023

245 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 18, 7:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.