Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 9, 2022 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Well, that Sherry girl definitely has the brains, at least in her ability to decipher ancient languages. I don't even think any of the Shadow Garden members are on the same level as her in that field.

Looks like Cid is taking care of business as usual around town. I think Sherry can be a valuable asset to the show with her talent tbh. Lol, Gamma's introduction was silly.
Stark700Nov 9, 2022 6:44 AM
Nov 9, 2022 6:53 AM

Jul 2017
Cid's Shadow Garden vs. a fake group claiming to be Shadow Garden, the name tarnishing must not be tolerated.

Cid's friends Po and Skel sure feel disappointed that he didn't hook up with Alexia, but instead provided him with another avenue that he might be interested in. That said, the new girl: No. 1 prodigy Sherry Barnett, she will be a valuable asset to the Knights Order in identifying the remnants of the Cult of Diabolos. The trip to Mitsugoshi Trading, which lead Cid to a secret chamber hidden above the department store...where Gamma is headmaster with the wisdom that Cid has imparted in her, except that she has no athletic ability at all. But still, Cid feels like he has reached on top of the world with wealth and fame.

The culprits to be captured, together with a new Numbers member Nu for aid, Cid's first thought to be Alexia, soon turns out to be somebody else, and using poop to chase his friends away, such loyal ones to deceive them easily. The real business though, is Alexia facing against the perpetrator, with the real deal facing against them for tarnishing his perfect record, and Alpha being as brutal as ever.

Hah, Po and Skel acting like freaks and handing chocolates to unassuming girls, to be honest, Cid doesn't care one bit, and it so happens that the chocolate that he gave to was Sherry, without question, no motives at all. And yes, while chocolate is a sign of love at first sight, it's also obligatory chocolate, as Sherry will find out soon.

Laying the groundwork, so to speak.
KANLen09Nov 10, 2022 12:51 PM
Nov 9, 2022 6:56 AM

Feb 2021
Damn this episode was really nicely done, I quite liked the directing as well as the comedy on this one.

Even though I read the LN, the scene with Gamma still caught me off guard lmao, I had forgotten about it.
Nov 9, 2022 7:00 AM

Mar 2013
Cid actually stole a gold coin from his... Shadow Garden... lmao (am I supposed to see that? lol).
There are so many misunderstandings here... and I finally get to see them animated. Well played.

I'm glad that they animated those side shows of Cid's (and not just Cid's, I hope), they make this series and it's story a whole lot more fun to watch.

P.S. Alexia is still my best girl but the pink-haired girl seems interesting.
CrazyButNot4UNov 9, 2022 7:04 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 9, 2022 7:28 AM

May 2018
But the real question is, did Cid emulate taking a shit in the manga/LN?
Nov 9, 2022 7:42 AM
Sep 2021
That was a brilliantly done episode🔥🔥🔥
Nov 9, 2022 7:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lol his servants really became that rich with their business thanks to his ideas back then, but now at least they eliminated the fake Shadow Garden that Alexia was fighting against hm, seems like that pink haired girl will be interesting next
Nov 9, 2022 7:59 AM

Oct 2017
The misunderstandings were hilarious. Gamma's a klutz eh, that's cute. Nu's cute too but she's brutal. Sherry's father is really suspicious.
Nov 9, 2022 7:59 AM
Aug 2021
Strong episode once again, it's just annoying that I can't binge the whole show right now and have to wait for weekly releases.
Nov 9, 2022 8:03 AM

May 2020
God his friends are certified goons, though really add much to the humor. Action scenes were bloody as ever, and I think not so long before we'd have an actual confrontation between those fakers and the real shadow garden.

Also think how miserable you're, when someone using your own wisdom raking up hordes of money and you on the other hand just getting perplexed on the mere sight of it lol.
Nov 9, 2022 8:16 AM

May 2019
Pretty amusing episode with an introduction to Gamma (poor girl is clumsy lol). When Cid was chosen to take a survey and walked through the building I thought it also looked like a modern mall. Looks like Gamma took information Cid gave her about that and making chocolate to make a business empire. It was funny when Cid stole a gold coin and asked to buy 3 of their cheapest boxes of chocolates (I'm sure if he wanted more chocolate and/or money he could take whatever he wants but maybe this is part of him playing a background character?).

They showed more of Sherry and I'm curious to what she unearths from her research and how she takes Cid giving a box of chocolate but I'm guessing she might think he likes her.
Nov 9, 2022 8:21 AM

Jun 2020
Fight of Alexia and the fake Shadow Garden was really nicely animated. Iris thinks she and the knights stand a chance against Shadow and his subordinates even though she saw how Alpha alone is much stronger than her. The poor woman is not very bright, it seems. Cid being crazy for coins again was funny since his face distorts a bit, most of the time in the anime he's either :) or 😐. I wish they showed more of his inner thoughts when meeting Sherry tho, but maybe they're saving that for later. She's sooooooo cute
Anyway, i guess it's time to reread some of the manga again.
Nov 9, 2022 8:24 AM

Nov 2019
This guy really stole a coin from his own funds. I can't.

Also, his friends said they wouldn't tell anyone, but somehow the news still got out

Nov 9, 2022 8:30 AM

May 2016
what a banger episode. was laughing the whole way.

"did you bring the crap... I mean chocolate?"
Nov 9, 2022 8:31 AM

Feb 2019
“Love at first sight”

Lmaoo this man Cid can’t do ANYTHING without it getting misconstrued. Can’t wait to see more sherry

Gamma’s introduction was hilarious as well. Overall comedy and direction were on point today. Hats off to the staff.
Nov 9, 2022 8:32 AM

Jul 2022
This is another rollicking episode with entertaining development throughout.
I can't help but like almost all of it. The emergence of murderous imposters about which we'll probably learn more next episode, new characters, just enough comedic relief to balance the tension of the violence and mystery. This is fun, easily one of my favorites this season.
Nov 9, 2022 8:33 AM

Jul 2021
great episode as usual. we got a little bit more comedy than usual in this one.

there's a new villain now, using the name of shadow.

that artifact sure is mysterious.

the incident made the sisters close again. i recall that they weren't even speaking before that.

pink haired girl sure is cute man. i'm getting must protecc vibes.

5/5. looking forward to next one. we're already half-way through this season, huh?

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Nov 9, 2022 8:37 AM
Nov 2017
TsutanaiFuun said:
5/5. looking forward to next one. we're already half-way through this season, huh?

Nope, it's 20 episodes.
Nov 9, 2022 8:40 AM

Jul 2021
Rafostar said:
TsutanaiFuun said:

Nope, it's 20 episodes.
oh lol i forgot that. 20 episodes is sweet.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Nov 9, 2022 8:44 AM

Sep 2020
Another great episode. Cid's friends are actual bozos, but they act in such a way that it is fun to watch. The way Cid laughed after asking for some chocolate and stealing that one coin from Gamma was pure content. Also, it was hilarious when he explained why he had to skip curfew and how Hyoro and bro Tato were being considerate. Maan this show's comedy aspect is something else.
Nov 9, 2022 8:44 AM
Sep 2021
Bros name was actually Po Tato. I never realized that in the manga
Nov 9, 2022 8:46 AM

Oct 2021
No fcking way bro, they just sculpt a statue of the shadow garden core members and put it in the middle of the store??

This shit is hilarious. Shadow garden is more of a cult than diabolos at this point.
Nov 9, 2022 8:50 AM

Aug 2013
It was funny how Cid stole a coin from his own subordinate. I guess he has to keep appearances and not ask for pocket money.

Sherry's father is definitely suspicious.

Nov 9, 2022 8:52 AM
Mar 2018
EdgyLord666 said:
No fcking way bro, they just sculpt a statue of the shadow garden core members and put it in the middle of the store??

This shit is hilarious. Shadow garden is more of a cult than diabolos at this point.

Yeah bruh, I just realize the statue in the mall was Shadow Garden statue.
Nov 9, 2022 8:53 AM
May 2021
wherever Cid goes misunderstanding follows
Nov 9, 2022 8:57 AM

Oct 2020
Actually made me laugh out loud
Nov 9, 2022 9:03 AM

Mar 2020
These last two episodes have been much better than the start, and I'm glad to see that. The show doesn't hesitate to be bloody, which is quite surprising considering this show is also quite comedic. Speaking of comedy, the comedic direction was very good this episode, with Cid's acting skills being second to none. The only question that remains is what Shadow Garden's goals are.
Nov 9, 2022 9:14 AM

Nov 2014
Ah yes, finally realistic portrayal of schoolboy friendship!

Gamma falling down was cute, ngl. Nice to see some glimpses into her past too. But I still stand by what I said last week: I hope for some major screen time for those girls to get proper introduction and let us know them.
Nov 9, 2022 9:17 AM
May 2020
The protagonist still has the charisma of a potato, the attempts at humor are pretty terrible and taking the girls out of the shadow garden the rest is really without salt. The physiological needs scene is fun, but it doesn't make up for the terrible chapter
Nov 9, 2022 9:18 AM

Nov 2016
nice, very nice. can't wait for the video game. even though it looks kinda ass
Nov 9, 2022 9:34 AM

Oct 2020
Sherry is the brains of this anime.
Nov 9, 2022 9:39 AM
Feb 2019
Gamma falling down the stairs was great. Iris is right to assume that Shadow Garden is at least sort of an enemy because of it being an unknown entity to them at the moment.
Nov 9, 2022 9:45 AM
Apr 2021
The whole poop thing had me laughing so hard LMAO it was so dramatic + This was actually a nice episode I liked how it ended off on a nice note tbh😊
Nov 9, 2022 10:05 AM
Sep 2019
The part of greed in the main character is showing so much but it is not bad for the story. And the line for his personal benefit is so showing he doesn't even know what are his subordinates doing. But he is so... cool I guess for the "Mob character" how he calls him off that even the most, not flatared girl would consider love towards him. Oh my god, the story is developing greatly.
Nov 9, 2022 10:07 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Chocolates for the girls!!!! kekeke
Nov 9, 2022 10:50 AM
Oct 2021
Byniavo said:
But the real question is, did Cid emulate taking a shit in the manga/LN?

yeah in the manga he did
Nov 9, 2022 10:57 AM

Jun 2015
Quite fun how Cids decision to give his chocolate to the first girl he passes turned out quite a fate filled turn of events!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 9, 2022 11:16 AM
Feb 2016
I hate sherry, hope they don't adapt the ln directly and kill her in the first minute of the next episode lol
Nov 9, 2022 11:26 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The more famous you get the more likely you have fakes trying to be you. Looks like the academy has a fair share of prodigies. And the fact that Iris herself had to create a new order means that she now suspects the knight order of being suspect in relation to the cult. Even without Cid running it Shadow garden really is turning out to be a most curious organization. Commanding so many operatives from the shadows though is really fitting for the image he's trying to create. Alexia really needs to think before she acts thought thats for sure. Looks like beneath her quiet nature Nu is quite the sadist. Looks like Sherry's knowledge of artifacts were at the expense of not being able to interact with peers her age. Overall an interesting ep that did well to expand upon the garden's personal as well as the assets that Cid can call upon. Curious at what this fake group seems to be up to though but given their aims looks like Sherry now has a target painted on her back. Nice to see her introduced though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2022 12:05 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
And the harem continues to expand.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Nov 9, 2022 12:11 PM

Sep 2018
When did they make this show a short, I swear that episode was just 5 minutes long...

All sorts of goodness packed into this week

I get where Iris is coming from, but at the same time I sense a degree of jealousy for Alpha's capabilities.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Nov 9, 2022 12:16 PM
Nov 2016
How can anyone be enjoying this anime? It literally introduces 40 characters and does not develop any of them. The worldbuilding is pathetic, the comedy is completely regular, the protagonist is pathetic 90% of the time, and this harém is one of the most forced haréns in anime, for no reason, there are hundreds of girls completely loyal and devoted to the protagonist. What a shame, I was really hoping this would be a great anime.
Nov 9, 2022 12:19 PM

Dec 2015
Ootsuka Houchuu - the father of the researcher girl sounded like him. (Seems according to ANN he realls is voice acting the father.) Oddly the masked boss of the evil guys also sounded like Ootsuka Houchuu ... with a different intonation. (Different voice cause of the mask and they modified it or because the voice actor spoke differently.) But maybe it is just a different voice actor that sounds similar. Would not have payed attention to this if it wasn't Ootsuka Houchuu - I really like the guy and his voice ... since he did Satou in Ajin. :D

Comedy was a bit extrem in this episode - but fun.
Nov 9, 2022 2:07 PM
Sep 2021
Cid really is funny character I like how he changes his voice to show up XD. nobody notices that Sherry's father is the same as the armored guy? they have the same voice though.
Nov 9, 2022 3:06 PM

Jul 2022
awesome ost in the middle and Ed but just like everyone else, introduction for the girls tho
Kek

Nov 9, 2022 3:20 PM
May 2020
the poop scene was the most impsctful scene in all of anime
Nov 9, 2022 3:38 PM

Aug 2017
Bruh.

I can't believe Alexia "killed" Cid for a rejection. She is absolutely psycho.

Why are all the hot bitches psycho killers? LMFAO.

Nov 9, 2022 4:19 PM

Aug 2018
Cid really is just a piece of garbage, today he was acting no better than a San Francisco bum shitting in the streets. Yea Cid, you go you fvcking maggot.
Nov 9, 2022 4:22 PM

Aug 2018
Zamorake said:
How can anyone be enjoying this anime? It literally introduces 40 characters and does not develop any of them. The worldbuilding is pathetic, the comedy is completely regular, the protagonist is pathetic 90% of the time, and this harém is one of the most forced haréns in anime, for no reason, there are hundreds of girls completely loyal and devoted to the protagonist. What a shame, I was really hoping this would be a great anime.
and the protagonist is just a piece of shit, I have no idea what’s so great about this either.
Nov 9, 2022 4:26 PM
Sep 2021
Zamorake said:

If you can't enjoy, then please watch another whatever you want, there people who are enjoying as it is
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2022

186 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

765 by BlaiseAuto »»
Sep 4, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2022

149 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2022

193 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2022

388 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 1:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.