Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 2, 2022 8:03 AM

Nov 2011
Definitely Fran's toughest fight to date but at least she survived that.

I also find it funny how they threw in cartoony faces among all the serious drama because Fran is Fran. That Greater Demon and its transformation was nasty though. It makes me wonder what other powerful monsters are out there in the world...
LeknaatDec 21, 2022 4:55 AM
Nov 2, 2022 8:42 AM

Feb 2020
We all knew they would survive, but oh boy. That was a very intense battle.

I love Fran's expressions. She's just too adorable.

SerafosDec 14, 2022 2:29 AM
Nov 2, 2022 9:09 AM

Jul 2017
The Greater Demon's Bonus Skill of Skill Taker being on par with Fran's swordsmanship, it just made Fran's opportunities of defeating it slimmer...that's if it ever succeeded in the first place, which it failed.

Nevertheless, the Dungeon Master aside that can't do anything in power against the Greater Demon, the battle continues as per the norm, and Fran will never give up until it is defeated to save Alessa, retreat is never an option for her. But finding any weaknesses is immensely as difficult as trying to land a successful hit, and it's only when it's randomly attacking that the window of opportunity arrives: to take the Dungeon Master down instead, and together with Teacher, bet everything on one move, his Ultimate Skill of Telepult to aim for its mana crystal, using all of its mana in the process.

For a moment, Fran thought that Teacher was dead, but in fact it wasn't due to it being able to recover thanks to the absorption of mana crystals. Everything else is just the finishing process, and Fran successfully defeated the B-rank Demon. Donadrond completely lost it when Fran went on her own, and that is the infamous scolding and reformative training instilled into her, while feeling dejected. The only thing that can lift her spirits is curry, and as for Teacher, its the Skill Taker skill maxed out to oblivion of guaranteed success.

For guildmaster Clint, the mana crystal from Greater Demons are highly sought after, and Teacher knew this would happen to get questioned. Unfortunately, there's one more pain-in-the-ass guy to deal with about this matter, and who exactly is this grubby old man?
KANLen09Nov 3, 2022 11:46 AM
Nov 2, 2022 9:21 AM

Feb 2022
Damn, that was a lot of levelling for Fran in the dungeon, Skill Taker will be interesting going forward and im glad theres a big timer on it

Yeah, another scumbag appears
Nov 2, 2022 9:23 AM
Sep 2015
That demon is quite hot though, and despite a cheating skill, the demon himself fight fairly without the help of dungeon master, is it possible to tame a demon in this anime LOL
Anyway, I guess that new guy has a lie detection skill, and I predict Fran is gonna steal that skill from him.
Nov 2, 2022 9:28 AM

May 2020
Low effort isekai? Heck No. Just look the animation we had this episode. Fran jumped some big time too, level 25. Though too bad she got chewed out lol, going all alone in the dungeon wasn't a wise decision either way so it was coming.
Nov 2, 2022 9:33 AM

Feb 2019
And that brings an end to volume 1. The anime definitely handled things really well and I enjoyed this first arc way more here than I did in the books. The final fight was awesome.

Fran’s curry song was also adorable lol.
Nov 2, 2022 9:44 AM

Jul 2022
Fabulous episode. Nothing but love for it. This series is one of my favorites this season.
Nov 2, 2022 9:44 AM

Mar 2013
Fran's VA is so wonderful, I can hear Fran's cutesy voice and it's wonderful. She's too adorable.

The cliffhanger... a new troublemaker... or probably just a mob.

P.S. That "Skill Taker" is broken but I love the sound of that.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 2, 2022 10:04 AM

Jul 2011
Great battle.

Teacher should had stayed quiet about the Skill Taker use. He opened his psych mouth and someone that looks troublesome walked through the door, that may be the first test subject.
And is 18 days CD one time per target and you cant choose which skill you take, and they could end with an useless skill.
Nov 2, 2022 10:09 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Of course they killed the boss and cleared the dungeon but the fight was tense, and she gained so many skills xD That fat dude at the end is gonna be annoying
Nov 2, 2022 10:46 AM

Mar 2010
I can't lie but fran needs to marry me, jk but damn even when she fights she is cute asf uwu

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 2, 2022 11:08 AM
Feb 2018
Cliffhanger with someone malicious. And utter disgusting. A possible first victim of the Skill Taker?
Nov 2, 2022 11:15 AM

Jul 2022
they finally win nice
now she demon slayer too ig
Nov 2, 2022 11:56 AM

Jul 2021
they are very lucky that their skills weren't stolen or it would have been the end of this anime.

they got us good during the part where shisho was destroyed. even i thought that the sword is destroyed and it can't even regenerate as it's out of mana.

fran's little curry dance was cute.

imagine they take that blacksmith's skills lmao, biggest scam of the century. skill taker is a pretty OP skill though, it's name "cheat-skill" is fully justified.

5/5 episode. looking forward to next one.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Nov 2, 2022 12:16 PM

Jan 2019
Any idea who is responsible for music for this series? Because ost during combat is awesome.
Nov 2, 2022 12:49 PM
Feb 2019
Great episode. The fight against a B-Rank Greater Demon was really good. I am excited to see Fran and Shishou continue to grow stronger. That guy that came in at the end definitely does not give off good vibes.
Nov 2, 2022 12:55 PM

May 2019
m3ccaryn said:
Any idea who is responsible for music for this series? Because ost during combat is awesome.

Yasuharu Takanashi he did the music for stuff like (naruto, fairy tail, Log Horizon, Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu etc...) he is a great composer
AskaaNov 2, 2022 12:59 PM
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Nov 2, 2022 1:14 PM
Oct 2022
it started out great, the intensity of the fight and the struggle to defeat the demon helped to ease the OP of teacher and bring some struggles to the duo. don't see this in some OP MC shows.

one thing I found a bit odd, they came to realise the DM was their best chance at killing the demon, that malee attacks were basically useless against him and yet they still used a malee attack to kill the demon and win. I get they wanted the skills, it just seemed silly under the previously established extreme risk they were in.

though I enjoyed the majority of the episode, the ending was a bit of a "what, is that all?" feeling. the weird fella at the end has my curiosity so I'll just have to wait for the next ep.
Nov 2, 2022 1:47 PM

Nov 2020
Ashhk said:
Of course they killed the boss and cleared the dungeon but the fight was tense, and she gained so many skills xD That fat dude at the end is gonna be annoying

He is already hella annoying lol. Hope they kill him of real fast or sumthing.
Nov 2, 2022 2:00 PM

Nov 2016
Get the sleazy fat fuck outta here

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 2, 2022 2:45 PM
May 2014
it seems that skill taker have an 18 days cooldown

FMmatron said:
Get the sleazy fat fuck outta here

nah, he is the first test subject for the skill taker
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2022 3:33 PM

Mar 2020
Holy sakuga! That fight sequence in the first half was quite impressive, with some good cinematography and fluid animation that sets it apart from a lot of those generic isekai on the production line. Fran and Shishou's relationship continues to be wholesome, and seeing people worried for Fran is quite the sight. My score for this show gets a juicy boost this week.
Nov 2, 2022 4:04 PM

Jan 2018
This was the fight I was looking for. Its surprisingly well choregraphed for a seasonal isekai anime and the animation didnt falter throughout the fight. Also the fight wasnt to easy for our cute little cat girl. Not to easy and not to hard just the way I like anime battles.
Nov 2, 2022 4:06 PM

Jan 2018
Mcsuper said:
Holy sakuga! That fight sequence in the first half was quite impressive, with some good cinematography and fluid animation that sets it apart from a lot of those generic isekai on the production line. Fran and Shishou's relationship continues to be wholesome, and seeing people worried for Fran is quite the sight. My score for this show gets a juicy boost this week.
I think this anime is cut above alot of isekai anime like you said. Not only was the battle well done in general but to see the side characters actually have realistic worries for our cute little cat girl is wholesome to boot. Most isekai anime the side characters are just kinda there and nothing else.
Nov 2, 2022 5:23 PM
Aug 2021
phantomfandom said:
That demon is quite hot though, and despite a cheating skill, the demon himself fight fairly without the help of dungeon master, is it possible to tame a demon in this anime LOL
Anyway, I guess that new guy has a lie detection skill, and I predict Fran is gonna steal that skill from him.

Excellent prediction, I put my money on it too
Nov 2, 2022 6:03 PM

Jan 2021
Looks like the crystal was a high prized item. I thought they were just for gaining exp. And if I'm being honest the honor of having the crystal should go to the one who defeated the demon.

Fran what happened to the crystal. Fran, "That's none of your business."
Nov 2, 2022 6:44 PM
Nov 2019
Fran and the sword worked together and defeated a much more powerful opponent. Good fight choreography. fast paced action and a good story.
Nov 2, 2022 6:59 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Yo, very nicely done fight regarding sword technique. The sword characterization has also grown up to me.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Nov 2, 2022 7:29 PM

Oct 2020
I'm glad she survived that battle against the Greater Demon.
Nov 2, 2022 8:37 PM

May 2016
Cold to lie Fran-chan although in the end they discovered her. The outcome of the fight is good, Fran's way of fighting if she looks like a cat and I like it too much.
Nov 2, 2022 8:41 PM

Aug 2011
We better get to see Fran eating curry next episode
Nov 2, 2022 8:58 PM

Mar 2007
Sword daddy changing targets to the demon was great. I guess he loves eating those crystals.

Hoping to see the curry! Not surprised the guild has "questions". But honestly, why do they feel they deserve the crystal? It's not like they put their lives on the line to beat the B grade demon???
Nov 2, 2022 9:17 PM

May 2015
The B-Ranked Demon thought it was a 1v1, so he never stood a chance! Teacher has gotten a new OP skill and the very end of the episode showed an annoying old guy which was their criteria for who the skill should be used on. The pink light in his eye makes me think he either has a charm skill or a lie detection skill. I hope they steal and seal that away, otherwise things could go bad for Fran!
Nov 3, 2022 12:06 AM
Jul 2021
will they do season 2 ?

this is not enough, 12 episode just tutorial stage also for introductions, undead floating island arc, saving prince princess and freaking deadly cult where destroying city then turn people into infected undead arc is where thing get very serious........................

i want to see fran grow up.
RedCobra75Nov 3, 2022 12:14 AM
Nov 3, 2022 3:04 AM

Dec 2020
That fight was intense af, animation was also good. Fran is too much cute.
Nov 3, 2022 4:58 AM
Oct 2019
Wow look at the Sakuga in this episode...
It's really Fran-tastic so far.

of course the annoying UB appear.
Nov 3, 2022 5:57 AM

Aug 2013
That was a tense fight but they won in the end. The missing crystal is going to be a problem for Fran.

Nov 3, 2022 7:21 AM
Nov 2021
Amazing, Animation 10/10 for an isekai, Yes
Nov 3, 2022 8:21 AM

Sep 2014
NGL the show is kinda lame
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 3, 2022 9:07 AM

Jul 2017
TsutanaiFuun said:
they are very lucky that their skills weren't stolen or it would have been the end of this anime.

they got us good during the part where shisho was destroyed. even i thought that the sword is destroyed and it can't even regenerate as it's out of mana.

fran's little curry dance was cute.

imagine they take that blacksmith's skills lmao, biggest scam of the century. skill taker is a pretty OP skill though, it's name "cheat-skill" is fully justified.

5/5 episode. looking forward to next one.

Yeah, when I saw him broken and without mana I thought "well, time to use the feather and go to conjunctivitis dwarf"
Nov 3, 2022 9:13 AM

Jul 2021
@pmso conjunctivitis dward lmao 💀💀💀

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Nov 3, 2022 9:50 AM

Jun 2016
Definitely this is the series I love the most this fall season.
Furan is so kawaii and there is a good mix of adventure, serious and comic moments, also there is much cute meme material (in a good way).

"Dungeon Seifaaaaa!" (Dungeon Safer!)

Nov 3, 2022 2:11 PM

Nov 2013
The new fat dude's gonna lose a skill, right? Because he seems like a perfect candidate.
Nov 3, 2022 4:20 PM

Jul 2020
I'm kinda disapponited with the greater demon fight, i thought it would be way harder but all the tension built in the last episode was broken within the first minutes

Although it was FUCKING cool to see their team work and how not only shishou but BOTH of them are intelligent and can be very strategic

I hope that in the next episodes we get to see new adventures in another city!!
THANK YOU FOR TAKING SOME TIME TO READ MY DUMB THOUGHTS

Nov 3, 2022 6:06 PM

Feb 2018
Seems like the cliffhanger we was left on didn't really matter, since her skill couldn't be taken anyway.
The fight sort of went the way I expected it to, but it still managed to be decent.
Nov 4, 2022 3:18 AM

Jan 2012
I like that battles in this show are closer to shonen genre. Really cool final dungeon fight.
Nov 4, 2022 6:31 AM

May 2021
The animation was solid throughout tacked on with the already awesome music. Also appreciated Donadrone(I butchered it, didn't I) being concerned about her and giving her a giant scolding. Missed opportunity to add a :HeH: face on Fran when she suggested stealing his skills.

Nov 4, 2022 10:56 AM
Oct 2016
BlichoBoy said:
Great battle.

Teacher should had stayed quiet about the Skill Taker use. He opened his psych mouth and someone that looks troublesome walked through the door, that may be the first test subject.
And is 18 days CD one time per target and you cant choose which skill you take, and they could end with an useless skill.

The cool down is 18 days per use. You also can't get a useless skill unless you choose it on purpose (at least no one has deflected it to my best knowledge.) The demon used an educated guess by choosing a common skill (sword arts) from Fran without identify and/or teachers identify block blocking identify. So naturally his spell fizzled due to choosing the wrong target, but if he had identify and teacher didn't have identify block he could have cherry picked whichever spell he wanted from either Fran or Teacher and had a high chance ~60% of stealing said skill.
Nov 4, 2022 2:18 PM

Apr 2022
That's what "she" said... 😇

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2022

170 by PrimeX »»
Jul 4, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2022

84 by PrimeX »»
Jul 4, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2022

84 by PrimeX »»
Jul 3, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2022

100 by PrimeX »»
Jul 3, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2022

102 by PrimeX »»
Jul 3, 12:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.