Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 17, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, felt bad for Yamamoto ....especially with his lieutenant gone. Even those short glimpses of them together was sad.

The story Pesche told to Ichigo and his friends was kinda terrifying. Still, seeing characters like him and Nel bought back a lot of nostalgia. This episode really isn't holding back to show how brutal the Wandenreich are. Once again, I am quite impressed on what was shown this episode.
Oct 17, 2022 8:29 AM

Jun 2019
Nel is so freaking adorable. I missed her so much. She's still so small and adorable. And, her Itsigo always gets me. And, I love how Ichigo still treats her like a child. That's cute. Aside from that, the Quincy King is brutal AF. Sasakibe... :'( Vueco Mundo is in trouble. Also, Hannibel is not looking good.

Man... no censorship does feel good. Great to see Urahara back. He looks fine as ever. LOL. The OP was good but I prefer the ED a little bit more. Excited for the next episode.
Oct 17, 2022 8:29 AM

May 2020
Man Yhwach is super savage, nevermind the enemies, he's blowing away his own comrades like it's the most fun thing in the world. Also hey always use present tense when talking to him, because this man absolutely loathes anything concerned with the future.

Plenty of old faces making their return, though not going to lie it's Urahara with his age old impeccable timing to barge in a conversation took the cake. Ichigo's in Hueco Mundo and things about to go bonkers in Soul society. Peak Hype.

Okay opening and ending, though it's the visuals making their presence feel. Pierrot doing some unusual good work a sight for sore eyes.
Oct 17, 2022 8:31 AM

May 2012
AMAZING EPISODE!
I love the OPED! Never heard anything from SennaRin before. Has that Hiroyuki Sawano touch you can clearly hear. Tatsuya Kitani is one of my favorites.
Oct 17, 2022 8:31 AM

Jan 2019
Sasakibe's funeral, damn... F

Also, one of the most iconic characters is here. THAT HAT.
Oct 17, 2022 8:40 AM

May 2020
another great episode
the animation is top tier
Orihime looks really cute
it's so good to see Urahara and nel again
and the op and ed are good
Homura24Oct 17, 2022 11:08 AM

Oct 17, 2022 8:41 AM
Jul 2018
Opening song is great and Ending song is good as well, visuals are beautiful!

Yhwach doesn't give a damn about these arrancars, he only care about Quincies. Yamamoto & his lieutenant silent farewell was heart breaking, anime did an amazing job. Urahara is back!
J is here, and he defeated the sisters easily! Now we will have ichigo vs J in next episode.

Nel & pesce being funny as always!
removed-userOct 17, 2022 4:58 PM
Oct 17, 2022 8:42 AM

Jul 2012
Another stellar episode with great pacing.

We got up to half of 488. Everything flew by with eye candy all over the place.

A lot of hidden spoilers in the OP most people who didn't read the arc won't get, like, stuff for muuuuch later haha

Another easy 5/5
DanpmssOct 17, 2022 8:50 AM
Oct 17, 2022 8:56 AM

Oct 2012
Danpmss said:

A lot of hidden spoilers in the OP most people who didn't read the arc won't get, like, stuff for muuuuch later haha

Another easy 5/5

What's great is they are adapting 4 chapters per episode and still adding additional content
Oct 17, 2022 9:02 AM

May 2014
What a great episode, really enjoyed seeing the Tres Bestias going ham on a bunch of the quincy soldiers completely uncensored. The tone of this new Thousand Year Blood War season has been incredible so far, really happy with how they are adapting this arc! And great to see Urahara again! And the OP is fantastic!
art by @u_zuta on twitter

Oct 17, 2022 9:03 AM
Sep 2022
Good to see Hueco Mundo again, and all the uncensored goodness we were promised
Oct 17, 2022 9:05 AM
Jan 2021
The animation is peak, plus there is no censoring like at all
Oct 17, 2022 9:06 AM

Jan 2019
New scene that wasn't in the original manga featuring Halibel (now governor of Hueco Mundo) being defeated by Yhwach.
Direction was excellent.

Oct 2022
This episode was straight heat and op and ending were fire

Jul 2012
Furyo_enjoyer said:
Danpmss said:

Another easy 5/5

What's great is they are adapting 4 chapters per episode and still adding additional content

However paired to that, they are omitting some bits of extra info that, albeit not really necessary, kinda made for a bigger impact for Sasakibe's death (like the little exchange between Byakuya and Renji during the funeral talking about how much this is affecting Genryuusai). Another one that was unfortunately not present is Ishida's speculation that they may have sent the novice shinigami to Karakura on purpose in order to keep Ichigo informed and have him help in case things went very wrong.

All of which are not essential, but kinda still are cool bits of info and food for thought, but hey, nothing that actually damages anything, and they only have 4 cours for 20+ volumes.
Oct 17, 2022 9:13 AM

Nov 2012
The Quincy King is beyond brutal and absolutely insane.
Great re-introduction to Hueco Mundo. I had forgotten about Nel and her Itsygo loving self.

Sasakibe's funeral seemed too short. Poor Genryuusai! He lost his ENTIRE squad. That's gotta hurt something fierce. I wouldn't want to be in the area when he goes for his revenge.

[quote=Danpmss message=67743177]
Furyo_enjoyer said:

However paired to that, they are omitting some bits of extra info that, albeit not really necessary, kinda made for a bigger impact for Sasakibe's death (like the little exchange between Byakuya and Renji during the funeral talking about how much this is affecting Genryuusai). Another one that was unfortunately not present is Ishida's speculation that they may have sent the novice shinigami to Karakura on purpose in order to keep Ichigo informed and have him help in case things went very wrong.

All of which are not essential, but kinda still are cool bits of info and food for thought, but hey, nothing that actually damages anything, and they only have 4 cours for 20+ volumes.

Thanks for that information. I found it enlightening and think it is somewhat important especially for we anime onlys. I speculated on why they sent novice shinigami's to Katakura Town from the beginning and thought it was to keep Ichigo informed. I was also kind of worried about Genryuusai.
dragynfaerieOct 17, 2022 3:29 PM
Oct 17, 2022 9:13 AM

Jul 2017
There was one awkward little transition in the second half of the episode but the rest of the episode was well directed for the most part, some nice shots, usage and restraint even when it comes to music, and animation and storyboarding for most of the episode. Got some nostalgia seeing some old characters again too, alongside Hueco Mundo being showcased again, albeit in a brutal situation with Harribel in big trouble after being captured by Yhwach. Opening and ending songs aren't Bleach's best if you look at all the songs from the original anime compared to these newer ones and maybe a tad underwhelming because of that (Rapport last week was awesome though for the special ED), but they aren't too bad either.

Overall, this episode was nothing special but it was decent enough to watch to continue from the previous week while building the conflicts and build to war with the Soul Reapers and the Quincies. Yhwach looks intimidating here, which is nice and the bloodiness and lack of censorship here is a good touch too. Pacing was good too, feels way more watchable so far than most of Bleach when it comes purely to pacing.
Oct 17, 2022 9:16 AM

Jan 2009
OP and ED are nice

nice to see Nel and Urahara again

the Quincy King vs Halibel was a nice added filler

there it is the Quincies are the final enemy and Orihime really got bigger boobs now

degOct 17, 2022 9:22 AM
Oct 17, 2022 9:18 AM

Nov 2012
Danpmss said:

Thanks for that information. I think that is kind of impt actually, especially for we anime onlys. I've speculating on why they sent novice shinigami and had the same thought.
Oct 17, 2022 9:18 AM

Jan 2015
My question is, how are Halibel's leutenants alive? Weren't they fried by Yamamoto?
Oct 17, 2022 9:22 AM
Jul 2018
begija said:
My question is, how are Halibel's leutenants alive? Weren't they fried by Yamamoto?

I guess they were simply defeated by the flames of Ryūjin Jakka, not completely decimated.
Oct 17, 2022 9:25 AM
Apr 2022
What I didn't like

-The visuals for the opening wasn't good in my opinion. I liked the way they colored in the Bleach Thousand year Blood War logo, but everything else for the visuals I didn't like.
-The passageway to enter Hueco Mundo was so werid and unfamiliar.
-There were some places that could have used better attention to detail during the Hueco Mundo part
-The beginning, and ending to the ending of the episode had a werid audio cut with a few seconds of black screen.

What I did like

-All the new stuff
- and everything else that I didn't mention as a didn't like.

I know that we should be grateful for what we got, but those were my issues with this episode.
Oct 17, 2022 9:25 AM
Oct 2022
the op and ed was amazing not to mention the whole ep
Oct 17, 2022 9:28 AM

Jan 2015
FreyWick04 said:
begija said:

I guess they were simply defeated by the flames of Ryūjin Jakka, not completely decimated.

they looked pretty decimated to me lol
Oct 17, 2022 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
man nostalgia hitting back.
loved seeing the faces and hearing the voice of so many characters, specially Kisuke Urahara, one of the most intelligent and resourceful characters.

and damn that OP and ED were so good.
Also loved the slight spoilers in the OP.

removed-userOct 17, 2022 9:35 AM
Oct 17, 2022 9:31 AM
Jan 2022
I liked it, but why is Nel’s hair a different color? Wasn’t it like a lighter blue instead of green before?
Oct 17, 2022 9:31 AM

Jul 2011
So the weak link, the OP. With somewhat a lack of flair expected from the song of a Bleach OP, in my opinion.

Nel appearing brought a little brightness to the mostly dark episode.
Oct 17, 2022 9:33 AM

Jan 2015
devito1 said:
I liked it, but why is Nel’s hair a different color? Wasn’t it like a lighter blue instead of green before?

That's Mandella effect lol. It's definitely green.
Oct 17, 2022 9:34 AM

Jan 2019
devito1 said:
At least in the manga, it has always been green.

Oct 17, 2022 9:41 AM
May 2021
Just love the animation oh my!! 🔥😩😩 Nel is soo kawaii too miss her! & the ending is a bop!!
Oct 17, 2022 9:41 AM

Jul 2012
dragynfaerie said:
Danpmss said:

Thanks for that information. I think that is kind of impt actually, especially for we anime onlys. I've speculating on why they sent novice shinigami and had the same thought.

Like, the thing is, it's not really ever confirmed iirc, just heavily implied even in the anime, except without Ishida's directly addressing that it may just be the case. So if you especulated as much, that already means it's not something that couldn't get trimmed, aka, non-essential. Still was nice to have it spelled outright, since it's always a cool extra showing Ishida did consider as much.

As for Sasakibe's funeral, there was some little trivia during the exchange with Renji talking about how it was the first time he used his bankai and how strong and important to Genryuusai he was, but then again, it's not exactly essential overall, you can surely see how devastated the poor old man look, and the other info was just trivia, about him, that made the impact a bit heavier.

Other than those two scenes, the only thing they trimmed was some little bits of comedy that I actually think it was a good idea to take away, since they were a little bit of mood-whiplashes in the scenes they were in (particularly the ringtone with the novice shinigami's senpai's voice (which made her blush) when, well, the atmosphere was supposed to be more somber and talk about the hundreds of dead shinigamis lol).
DanpmssOct 17, 2022 9:44 AM
Oct 17, 2022 9:42 AM
May 2021
devito1 said:
It’s always been green in the manga, the studio is matching the manga perfectly.
Oct 17, 2022 9:44 AM

Mar 2018
there was a fraction of Sakuga in this episode, but it was insane. Loved it. Can't wait for Ichigo vs Quilge and the Invasion.
Oct 17, 2022 9:47 AM

Mar 2018
begija said:
Yamamoto literally said that he'll leave them with just a few burns when he used Ryuujin Jakka on them.
Oct 17, 2022 9:53 AM

May 2020
Looks really amazing yet again. The uncensoring feels so good to watch. Yhwach is as cold as ever. It’s great to see Hueco Mundo and Harribel again. The OP and ED ARE SO GOOD !! I need more episodes !!!
If you want me to prepare a rope for the sake of hanging yourself, forget it. But… If it's a rope for the sake of pulling you up from Hell, no matter how many ropes it takes, I'll prepare them for you. ~Sakata Gintoki
Oct 17, 2022 9:54 AM
Feb 2022
Great animation and great plot.
Overall a great episode
Oct 17, 2022 9:55 AM

Jul 2016
I'm loving the uncensored version of Bleach, so much blood!

Another great episode, tentatively waiting for the next episode.
Oct 17, 2022 9:56 AM

Feb 2016
Oho that was great, I absolute love the amount of gore Bleach has now that is not heavily censored like the OG.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 17, 2022 9:57 AM

Jun 2014
Another fantastic episode. Nice to see more familiar faces returning like Urahara and the Squad Captains. More top tier animation during the action sequences as well. And shout out to Tatsuya Kitani for another banger with that OP song.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Oct 17, 2022 9:58 AM
Nov 2020
really sick animation
Oct 17, 2022 9:58 AM
Oct 2022
WHAT A BLUE BALL BY THIS EPISODE UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Oct 17, 2022 10:00 AM
Jun 2020
begija said:

Yama left them alive out of respect for when they attacked him with 1 arm after he killed their chimera
Oct 17, 2022 10:01 AM
Sep 2015
Build up is amazing and showing how ywach is broken
Oct 17, 2022 10:03 AM

Jul 2013
Quilge epic as expected. The voice actor delivered him perfectly and the fight of the Jagdarmee against the Tres Bestias was better than what I thought it would be since it wasn't anything major, just some supporting characters against mooks. Hope his fight against Ichigo ends being epic.
Oct 17, 2022 10:04 AM
Dec 2017
Peak. Need the next episode now.
Oct 17, 2022 10:05 AM
Oct 2022
It's been two episode and i feel like bleach has lost it comedic sense. Yes, there are some smol portion of gags but it doesn't even had the funny ost anymore :(

Plus the Karakura town felt dead af like there is not even a single pedestrian in town. i know it doesn't effect the story and all but it just felt odd.
beruangwibuOct 17, 2022 10:14 AM
Oct 17, 2022 10:05 AM
Oct 2022
Yo Yhwach is so cool, shows how godly he can be every moment. And Nel’s Itsugo brings back memories damnnn cute.
Oh yeah Harribel’s …….. tho, dats nostalgic too lol.
Once again, love the new animation and watching Bleach this crisp is amazing.
KevinKesharaOct 17, 2022 10:17 AM
Oct 17, 2022 10:07 AM

Jan 2015
yaburekabure said:
begija said:
Yamamoto literally said that he'll leave them with just a few burns when he used Ryuujin Jakka on them.

Huh, you are right. I for some reason remembered it differently.
Oct 17, 2022 10:08 AM
Oct 2022
Great to see the trio again , great opening, and great to see the captains
Oct 17, 2022 10:08 AM
Nov 2021
vertrau nächste folge wird abgehen
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 26, 2022

602 by YukiThough »»
Sep 23, 3:36 PM

» Chad's VA explained his departure from the English cast.

RobertBobert - Nov 3, 2022

37 by Nurguburu »»
Sep 16, 3:09 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

k11chi - Oct 9, 2022

1858 by thejope »»
Sep 15, 7:32 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 5, 2022

272 by avacarrot »»
Aug 26, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 31, 2022

405 by avacarrot »»
Aug 20, 5:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.