Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 21, 2022 4:10 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at approximately 00:30 (JST) This thread is now unlocked

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeNov 21, 2022 7:29 AM
Nov 21, 2022 7:30 AM

May 2020
As if defeating Yamamoto wasn't enough, Yhwach disrespecting him and his leadership over the years and then seeming to leave without a care in the world just rubbed a whole bowl of salt into the wound.

But.. but what awaited us just a couple of minutes later was the jaw-dropping return of fucking Ichigo in Soul Society. Him appearing out of thin air and then that Byakuya convo hitting the right notes throughout was nothing short of a perfect way to symbolize the despair soul society went through before him coming back there. And did they go all-out adapting his and Yhwach’s face-off? Heck yeah.

Yhwach leaving after putting thousands of thoughts in Ichigo's mind.. as far as calling him his son born in darkness. Things are already set up for plenty of plot points coming together in future. And yeah ED with OG Gotei 13 in it.

Jun 2019
A sad episode indeed... It was sad to see old man Yamamoto being disrespected like that but even after all that his body was standing. And... this episode was a lot more brutal as well. RIP Byakuya as well. Feelsbadman for so many characters. Ichigo's rage is very well shown and his encounter with Yhwach is also done in an excellent way.

The best thing about this episode was the OST. Shiro Sagisu is once again not disappointing anyone. Really enjoyed this episode. The new visuals for the ED were beautiful.

Nov 2011
The way they used one of the iconic sad theme music for this episode made it all more impactful.

Goodbye Yamamoto...in these past few episodes and this one, we've grown to know you on a more emotional level than any of the previous arcs. Not going to lie, watching Ichigo's fight with that music and soundtrack was tough. It's crazy to see the power gap between him and Yhwach.
Nov 21, 2022 7:38 AM

Oct 2017
The pre OP scene with the og gotei 13 was lit af.

RIP Yamamoto, RIP Byakuya, RIP all the dead members of soul society. I teared up watching the current state of soul society.

So Ichigo has quincy powers, his mother was a quincy eh.

Episode 7 special ED:
MegamiRemNov 28, 2022 7:58 AM
Nov 21, 2022 7:41 AM

Sep 2012
After such a fire episode with Yamamoto vs Ychwah, I can't believe I'm saying this, but this one was even better than the last. Absolutely fantastic direction and music, 10/10 episode for sure and easily one of the best Bleach episodes to date.

They're really going all in with this adaptation. If they mantain the level of quality of this first part in the following cours, Bleach fans are eating REALLY good for the next 2 years.
Nov 21, 2022 7:46 AM

Jan 2019
Seriously, how did they manage to make this episode even better than the last one?
This one was probably the best yet in terms of additional scenes, it made everything more impactful. There is a flashback scene with the OG Gotei 13. ALSO, AIZEN CHANGED YHWACH'S SENSE OF TIME JUST BY LOOKING AT HIM, you gotta love this dude, man.

"Please protect the Soul Society, Kurosaki Ichigo."
neffst3rNov 21, 2022 11:57 AM
Nov 21, 2022 7:48 AM
Nov 2022
Amazing episode with extended content
Really liked the atmosphere
Nov 21, 2022 8:01 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
That first scene, just magnificent. Completely anime original. Thanks so much Kubo for that extra information missing from the manga! The original 13 court guard squads really didn't mess around.

Rest in peace, old man Yamamoto. You deserved some rest after all this time.

Ichigo is part Quincy too it seems. He really is the full package. Part everything, haha. Imagine how strong he will be once he manages to make use of those Quincy powers. Ichigo's mother in involved somehow and Yhwach called Ichgo his son? Dun dun dun! The mystery builds.

Even after Byakuya's motivational speech, Ichigo still got manhandled. Not as badly as Aizen's finger move, but perhaps more brutal. The fight was well animated though and the music used was great.

Aizen apparently was able to use his hypnosis on Yhwach just by Yhwach looking at him, which is quite the flex, considering that Yhwach probably never witnessed Aizen release his Shikai. So that must mean that Aizen got even more powerful since getting locked up, which is insane.

The Soul Society really took a big loss in this first fight, but it's not as terrible as it could have been. I even made a graph.

Red=Definitely dead.
Orange=Injured, may or may not be dead.
Green=Alive and well for all we know.

With this might seem pretty even, one thing to keep in mind in Yamamoto was as strong as the other Soul Reapers combined, so him dying is a big loss. Another thing to keep in mind is that the vast majority of the no name Shinigami were taken out as well. And lastly, Yamamoto and Kenpachi did most of the work themselves, haha.

Also made a list of the revealed Sternritter Schrifts and names for what have been confirmed in the anime so far.

-------

Danpmss said:
You should edit these to be in the OP of your threads, man.
I was contemplating that, but I decided not to in the end for a variety of reasons, not the least of which that it might distract users from reading the episode thread rules. I still haven't decided if I will add these every episode or not, but I figured that now that the so called first invasion ended and all the fighting is over for now, that this would be a great place to show a recap of sorts of what we know about the enemy abilities and the casualties that took place on both sides.

anime-primeNov 22, 2022 12:25 AM
Nov 21, 2022 8:12 AM

Jul 2012
anime-prime said:
That first scene, just magnificent. Completely anime original. Thanks so much Kubo for that extra information missing from the manga! The original 13 court guard squads really didn't mess around.

Ichigo is part Quincy too it seems. He really is the full package. Part everything, haha. Imagine how strong he will be once he manages to make use of those Quincy powers.

Aizen apparently was able to use his hypnosis on Yhwach just by Yhwach, which is quite the flex, considering that Yhwach probably never witnessed Aizen release his Shikai. So that must mean that Aizen got even more powerful since getting locked up, which is insane.

The Soul Society really took a big loss in this first fight, but it's not as terrible as it could have been. I even made a graph.

Red=Definitely dead.

With this might seem pretty even, one thing to keep in mind in Yamamoto was as strong as the other Soul Reapers combined, so him dying is a big loss. Another thing to keep in mind is that the vast majority of the no name Shinigami were taken out as well. And lastly, Yamamoto and Kenpachi did most of the work themselves, haha.

Also made a list of the revealed Sternritter Shrifts and names for what have been confirmed in the anime so far.

Nov 21, 2022 8:16 AM
Jan 2022
PEAAKKKKKKKKKK!!

What was everyone's main take aways from this ep?
anime-primeNov 21, 2022 8:27 AM
Nov 21, 2022 8:18 AM

Jan 2020
i read these chapters a few days ago to see how they would adapt it, actually perfect i was hoping they would use the rain ost during that scene. whole episode was on point
Nov 21, 2022 8:20 AM
Jan 2021
CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY
the episode is even way better than the last one
it"s been a long time since I watched such a masterpiece
Nov 21, 2022 8:25 AM

Jan 2009
wow they added fillers of the original Shinigami 13 Squads

and the action is great

there are 5 Special Threats to the Quincy group but Yamamoto is not one of them since he refuse to restore his arm

Ichigo learns hes a Quincy too due to his mother being a Quincy so he is half Quincy and half Shinigami

who is this beauty whats her name damn

degNov 21, 2022 7:35 PM
Nov 21, 2022 8:26 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Pain of watching bleach weekly is unreal. Get to blink an eye and episode is already over... but hell I can't wait for long running Anime for all eps to be out.

Anyhow, to the ep. Was beautiful as always, great visuals, great music, powerful emotional deliverance and this ep offered great goosebumps moments.
Nov 21, 2022 8:26 AM
Oct 2021
Can’t believe it. After reading TYBW, I already thought it was my favorite arc but they’re seriously adding so much new content. OG GOTEI 13?! Extended Ywach and Ichigo fight + Sasakibe delivering the final blow! It really fills in some manga questions. Episode with Byakuya getting murked and Ichigo mad asf man this adaptation is great
Nov 21, 2022 8:27 AM

Jul 2014
Great episode, obv as usual with shonens the side character fights are more interesting than the main character fights but still interesting to learn that Ichigos mother was a quincy

deg said:

and the action is great

Ichigo learns hes a Quincy too due to his mother being a Quincy so he is half Quincy and half Shinigami

It's not really filler seeing how Kubo is involved, I saw the leak earlier and I think they said we might get a Bleach prequel series
Nov 21, 2022 8:30 AM

Dec 2020
The episodes keep on getting better the adaption is so good, I'm so happy kubo is working close with the studio because they are killing it

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓿𝓪𝓵𝓾𝓮.
𝓘𝓷 𝓲𝓽𝓼 𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓫𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓶𝓹𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵,
𝓲𝓽𝓼 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰.

Nov 21, 2022 8:34 AM

Jul 2017
This was better than the previous episode for me, can confidently state that. Direction was really good, animation was on point and a nice reveal there at the end with Ichigo's mother there too. The original content too added to this series and the pacing was generally really solid here. Wasn't in love with the music at the start but it got better and better by the end.
Nov 21, 2022 8:35 AM

Jan 2009
lycan_ said:

deg said:

and the action is great

It's not really filler seeing how Kubo is involved, I saw the leak earlier and I think they said we might get a Bleach prequel series

ye i just like to call it fillers since its not in the manga anyway even if its the original author adding them

and really there will be a prequel eh thats great but i would like more if Kubo continue the sequel Hell Arc
Nov 21, 2022 8:37 AM
Apr 2020
peak fight peak direction just peak in genral
Nov 21, 2022 8:39 AM

Nov 2018
this is the greatest thing i have ever witnessed
Nov 21, 2022 8:44 AM

Jan 2021
Bleach delivering banger episodes back to back. No wonder its the best anime this fall. Loved the new ED visuals.

anime-prime said:

Ichigo is part Quincy too it seems. He really is the full package. Part everything, haha. Imagine how strong he will be once he manages to make use of those Quincy powers. Ichigo's mother in involved somehow and Yhwach called Ichgo his son? Dun dun dun! The mystery builds.

Even after Byakuya's motivational speech, Ichigo still got manhandled. Not as badly as Aizen's finger move, but perhaps more brutal. The fight was well animated though and the music used was great.

Aizen apparently was able to use his hypnosis on Yhwach just by Yhwach, which is quite the flex, considering that Yhwach probably never witnessed Aizen release his Shikai. So that must mean that Aizen got even more powerful since getting locked up, which is insane.

Red=Definitely dead.

Also made a list of the revealed Sternritter Shrifts and names for what have been confirmed in the anime so far.

-------

Danpmss said:
I was contemplating that, but I decided not to in the end for a variety of reasons, not the least of which that it might distract users from reading the episode thread rules. I still haven't decided if I will add these every episode or not, but I figured that now that the so called first invasion ended and all the fighting is over for now, that this would be a great place to show a recap of sorts of what we know about the enemy abilities and the casualties that took place on both sides.

Nice information.
Zaraki killed half of the confirmed dead Sternritters till now. This guy is no joke and thats why he is a special war threat.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeNov 21, 2022 9:24 AM
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Nov 21, 2022 8:45 AM
Oct 2022
We did not wait 10 years to witness the summit, but rather to witness the strongest duels and the saddest moments, and the next is greater
Nov 21, 2022 8:48 AM

Dec 2015
Couldn't hold my shit from last episode yet and this is go even further can't wait for kenpachi fight
Nov 21, 2022 8:49 AM
Feb 2021
Can't wait for the next episode I need to know what Yhwach meant when he said my son...
Nov 21, 2022 8:51 AM

Jul 2011
Capt. Yamamoto and Byakuya weren't wrong about not wanting pulling humans to their problems.

Was a great scene the Ichigo and Byakuya heart-to-heart.

Cool fight , but the basic trope to lose the fight, to then win later on.

Ah yes, the info that made a handful of people to dislike Bleach back in the day: Ichigo is a Quincy too.

Im puzzled that one of the original Gotei 13 looks like that Loly Aivirrne Arrancar. The haircut and the lack of an eye same side.
Nov 21, 2022 8:52 AM
Oct 2022
Please stop, I can't stand the power of the fighting clips and the fierce war, thank you very much, we are living in our best time
Nov 21, 2022 8:53 AM
Aug 2022
Holy shit…. This episode is somehow just as good as Ep 6.
(Maybe better) The choreography and fluidity is incredible as is the animation and dare I say maybe even better. The Sakuga is on point.

Kubo is a genius and we have won!

The added content, the emotion and atmosphere, the despair and depression of the deaths, the vibe of utter destruction is unbelievably perfect. They gave us even more of the past and actually making Sasakibe worth something and a badass in wonderful. This is a masterpiece. To all people doubting Bleach anime Ep 6 and this episode should solidify that we are in impeccable hands. They really know how to capture it all and I am amazed and impressed.

Words cant describe how happy I am. This has to be the best anime adaptation. Anime of the year no question. The GOAT.
Nov 21, 2022 8:54 AM

Jun 2015
Im at 4.6 squeepigs and squeeppigs keep hitting the fan
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 21, 2022 8:56 AM
Oct 2022
Bleach sits on the throne of anime, it is the feeling of pleasure and enthusiasm
Nov 21, 2022 8:57 AM

Feb 2016
Made a new entry just for episode 7 Alone. My mind is blown, I don't recall much of the manga here, but I can say for sure that many things shown, especially the OG Gotei 13 were anime original.

This episode was hugely emotional and boy, I can say it rivals Episode 6, it might be even better, the OST, the emotional weight, the damn peak animation, it got me even more pumped than the previous episode.

I'm glad they showed a bit of the old Gotei 13, I'd love if we receive a spin off or more flashbacks about them, because holy shit that was brutal. Also that cutscene between Adult Yama and young Shunsui was a nice addition too.

We then see Yamamoto's last stance and the second part of the invasion in which is a complete total slaughter, Shinigamis being destroyed from left ro right, while a powerless Ichigo is standing there sensing their souls fade as he can't do much but spam getsuga tenshou until the jail breaks. And after this, we're met with a huge emotional scene with the last moments of Byakuya, ngl this was devastating, all those dead shinigami sights must have been really taxing on Ichigo, especially those dear friends of his, and now Byakuya basically giving him his last will on protecting Soul Society, they really delivered and give the manga justice on this scene, you could feel Ichigo's anger from far away and Morita's voice was on a whole 'nother level, and then, the icing on the cake was the fight between Ichigo and Yhwach which was short, but it was damn amazing.

What a banger episode, I think I'd need to rewatch this episode just to be sure. The ost was amazing, the animation was pretty good despite the CG on the soldats, the fight choreography was damn insane, and the passion in the voice acting, holy shit. I'm speechless, what a time to be a Bleach Fan!
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 21, 2022 8:58 AM
Oct 2022
Omfg I didn’t think episode 6 could be topped but my god 7 was amazing.
Nov 21, 2022 8:59 AM

May 2020
unohana looks so good at the start
rip Yamamoto
and I really hope Byakuya isn't dead
all the captains got destroyed...
cant wait for the next ep
Homura24Nov 21, 2022 9:34 AM

Nov 21, 2022 9:00 AM
Oct 2022
Omfg I didn’t think episode 6 could be topped but my god 7 was amazing.
Nov 21, 2022 9:01 AM
Oct 2022
I can say that the return of the elders makes the new anime just drops of water that disappear with the sunrise, thanks Bleach
Nov 21, 2022 9:06 AM
Apr 2020
JUST PEAK ITS JUST PEAK THE VFX VOICE ACTING ACTION EVERYTHING TOO DAMN GOOD
Nov 21, 2022 9:06 AM

Apr 2013
Another solid episode. Overall the anime is way better than the manga even if Yhwach is still ridiculously overpowered at every point in TYBW. If Pierrot keeps this level of production for the 2nd invasion and the Kubo rewrites are actually good then this adaptation will be somewhat worth the hype. Still overrated but better than I imagined.
Nov 21, 2022 9:08 AM

May 2012
I have utter chills man. They did this episode magnificently. Yamamoto's and Shunsui's flashback, Byakuya scene, Ichigo's fight against Yhwach, the quincies absolutely destroying the SS, the OG GOTEI 13! Just incredible. I'll have to rewatch.

Homura24 said:
unohana looks so good at the start

The undisputed #1 waifu.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeNov 21, 2022 9:22 AM
Nov 21, 2022 9:09 AM

Dec 2015
PEAK FICTION.
Anime extended scenes, First Person Pov on Shaz Domino. Shunsui Backstory with emotions. Byakuya speech with emotions. GOD TIER animation from Kanno during the extended fight of Ichigo vs Yhwach which in manga happened within 2-3 slashes I suppose... AND NOTHING CAN BE EXPLAINED SOUNDTRACK IS BACK BABY!
Nov 21, 2022 9:11 AM
Mar 2019
there where many things that i didn't remember from manga, or even new things, very good.

Apr 2021
The animation was yet again awesome!!!! And we finally get to see that one manga panel getting adapted :
"Protect the soul society, Kurosaki Ichigo!!!"
Those words hit deep!!!!
The head captain died :(
And everything is in shambles right now in the soul society.
Also a huge secret was revealed, but let's just say for now it needs confirmation and will be explained later on in the anime.
Great episode!!!!
Joel77Nov 21, 2022 9:19 AM
Feb 2020
Anyone else hyped for the return of the song "nothing can be explained". Nexti thing i am waiting is a trip on ichigo's sword
Nov 21, 2022 9:14 AM
May 2021
Peak after peak!! Bleach just comes out on top 🔥🔥🔥 really impressed in the adaptation
Nov 21, 2022 9:19 AM
Mar 2022
It was the best ep of TYBW so far, i never thought i would to see young shunsui and also Ichigo nd yuha's fight was like damn!! nd kubo is really good at making suspence like dawg i don't even have to tell why!!
Nov 21, 2022 9:20 AM

May 2012
K1tho said:
Anyone else hyped for the return of the song "nothing can be explained". Nexti thing i am waiting is a trip on ichigo's sword

My brain started lagging at that point from the kino, I couldn't process it even though I recognized it.
Nov 21, 2022 9:20 AM
Nov 2022
_Juicyyy_ said:
Can't wait for the next episode I need to know what Yhwach meant when he said my son...

For me personally the fact that he's a Quincy is not a problem, it will be explained in a good way for me and Ichigo was never presented as an underdog so I don't care.
Bleach have many plot hole and plot armor but for me this isn't one.
Nov 21, 2022 9:21 AM

Jan 2016
I had a lot of qualms with the direction of the previous episode, but this episode proved that they're still on the right track! This felt exactly how Bleach should feel. Big props to Shinichirō Ueda for his direction in this episode -- they must be a fan of the show themselves because they knew how to hit all the right, familiar notes. I honestly enjoyed this a hundred times more than the previous episode, and I can now safely say that my faith in this adaptation has been restored once more.

Some random notes:

• Everyone's already seen the 'leaked' picture of the former Gotei 13 captains, so seeing them like this wasn't a huge surprise, but it was cool nonetheless! I hope we get even more backstory on them in the future.
  • I love how they showed Chōjirō and Yamamoto teaming up to take down Yhwach.
  • Yamamoto's death was depressingly beautiful. You could hear the grief in Shunsui's voice when he shouted out his name. That was sad as fuck.
  • Perfect selection of soundtracks in this episode. My nostalgia bone is hurting.

5/5!

EDIT: If I may add one criticism: I didn't like how many flashing lights the Yhwach VS Ichigo fight had. I'm a migraineur myself so that kind of shit is painful for me to look at. And for people with epilepsy, it's so much worse. So, if you somehow haven't watched the episode yet, consider this a friendly flashing lights warning.
hiddenhokageNov 21, 2022 9:24 AM
Nov 21, 2022 9:21 AM
Feb 2022
Another masterfully animated episode how can they keep this quality... Anime exclusive scenes, animation was gorgeous, BLEACH SEASON
Nov 21, 2022 9:23 AM

Mar 2013
That was a ridiculous plot twist, lol... (unfortunately, I already got spoiled by some dumb*ss from another thread)
Well, this was enjoyable enough but I'm still unsatisfied. I need more episodes lmao.

P.S. When will we get 2 episodes each week like some series out there...?! (⁠っ⁠˘̩⁠╭⁠╮⁠˘̩⁠)⁠っ
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2022

412 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
Apr 10, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

k11chi - Oct 9, 2022

1852 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
Apr 9, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 14, 2022

694 by Listone »»
Mar 25, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 26, 2022

579 by Stylefarman »»
Mar 21, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

anime-prime - Dec 26, 2022

147 by Stylefarman »»
Mar 21, 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.