Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2022 9:29 PM

Jun 2017
Huh. Really weird episode, not sure what to make of it.

TheBlockernatorOct 8, 2022 9:32 PM
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Oct 8, 2022 9:33 PM

Oct 2019
Damn bro, lots of shit happens. Something to deal with moss in this ep. We have Kan mesmerized by the moss as well as the neet guy and i guess his mom getting turned into Moss and this ex security guard dude also becoming quite possibly Moss.
Additionally, someone is dumping dead animals.....on Kimis Doorstep.
And we have no idea on Kimis mom besides her always saying "Bye mom."
Which might mean her mom is already dead or....something else entirely.
And Kan believes he has seen that symbol before.
And big oof on them eating the sauce with what looked like remains of a dog.
Regardless, something is up with Kimi and we gonna find out in 2 more eps. Kimi is def hella sus.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Oct 8, 2022 9:35 PM

Mar 2014
Cthulhu flags EVERYWHERE. Cthulu dagger on the walls. Most definitely the people in that backstory were worshippers of Cthulhu too. "Cuzululu" lmao sure. And our worst fears came true from the promo and it was an entire head in the syrup, RIP everyone that ate it.

Curious how the reincarnated priestesses play into this. Are they the epicenter of all these creepy events?
Oct 8, 2022 9:40 PM

Oct 2019
Vysarine said:
Cthulhu flags EVERYWHERE. Cthulu dagger on the walls. Most definitely the people in that backstory were worshippers of Cthulhu too. "Cuzululu" lmao sure. And our worst fears came true from the promo and it was an entire head in the syrup, RIP everyone that ate it.

Curious how the reincarnated priestesses play into this. Are they the epicenter of all these creepy events?

Yea, i saw that cthulhu dagger shit and was like "Hol up"
I heard Cuzululu and did a touble take cuz i wasnt sure if i heard that right but def cthulhu vibes. Curious how the fuck the head managed to sneak itself in there.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Oct 8, 2022 10:59 PM

Jun 2017
FireRifle64 said:
Damn bro, lots of shit happens. Something to deal with moss in this ep. We have Kan mesmerized by the moss as well as the neet guy and i guess his mom getting turned into Moss and this ex security guard dude also becoming quite possibly Moss.
Additionally, someone is dumping dead animals.....on Kimis Doorstep.
And we have no idea on Kimis mom besides her always saying "Bye mom."
Which might mean her mom is already dead or....something else entirely.
And Kan believes he has seen that symbol before.
And big oof on them eating the sauce with what looked like remains of a dog.
Regardless, something is up with Kimi and we gonna find out in 2 more eps. Kimi is def hella sus.

It was the dog's head in the food? Now that makes sense, especially since we see half a dog earlier with the other animal bits, i wasn't sure what it was, i only made out an eye and blood. I thought at first it was the head of the security guy.

The big thing i wondered from last week was about the Neet guy, they made a point to show his room, the drawings and how many things in his room were destroyed and his relationship with his mom where she's too scared to talk to him. I hope we learn more about that particular plot.

So many unanswered questions...Oh well, i hope we get answers next week.

-----------

One thing i'm confused about. The first and second episode have started with a cold open before the OP but it had nothing to do with the episode itself. Like in episode 1, yuri and kimi are being chased by someone who looks like Kan and this one started with Yuri being asked by an adult what she saw. When do these scenes take place?

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeOct 10, 2022 3:21 PM
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Oct 9, 2022 9:11 AM

Jul 2020
This is soooo weird, I can't wait to see how all these things connected, Kimi, moss, Kan, corpses of animals, flesh in the syrup, and everything else, so many questions
Oct 9, 2022 9:48 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Interesting development, but things are getting more and more mysterious with the dead animals, murder and especially the moss :S
Oct 9, 2022 11:18 AM

May 2018
Dude practically said "Cthulhu mythos is so romantic!".
Oct 9, 2022 2:43 PM
Sep 2022
This is progressing at a snail's pace, it wouldn't be so bad if it was a 12 episode anime but no, it will only have 4 episodes, although it manages to create a decent mystery atmosphere, the same doesn't happen with the horror, this will be another fail for Adult Swim.
okoghgfhgOct 9, 2022 2:46 PM
Oct 9, 2022 4:54 PM

Oct 2022
tbh this show is pretty boring, i hope itll get better veryy soon with the 2 remaining episodes
Oct 9, 2022 6:11 PM

Sep 2008
I like this episode a lot!
Oct 9, 2022 9:30 PM
Anime Moderator
May 2018
It's unfortunate that the mystery is honestly decent but this show keeps completely failing as a horror series. At least there's still something to be engaged by though.

@TheBlockernator I assume the cold opens take place after the main events of the series
Oct 10, 2022 12:58 AM

May 2019
Yeah the horror aspect is not really there but the mystery and eeriness is. Something is definitely up with Kimi and I also wonder if her mom is even alive. Hopefully this and other details are explained in the remaining two episodes.
Oct 10, 2022 5:11 AM
Feb 2022
this show probably gonna be hot garbage, cant wait to see how it turns out lol
Oct 10, 2022 7:00 AM

Jul 2021
what the fuck was this episode. huge quality drop from ep 1.

people are turning into moss so that they are reuinted with their lovers wtf?

those 3 men eating live shrimp was fucking disgusting.

hated seeing the flase sense of urgency created when that old dude was running and just unscrewed the door of that man.

lmao the ending though. i hate that everyone's first suspect is always kan.

if i had to guess i'd say it was kimi who put that head or whatever in the sauce. let's see.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Oct 10, 2022 7:34 AM
Jul 2018
This episode didn't have much Horror factor but it was creepy & weird as hell. The dead anime dumping out and human flesh in souce, plus people are turning into moss, the fuck is happening here. I wonder will show be able to explain all the mysteries, kimi's past and history of the town in next 2 Episodes.
The ending is just weird. I don't think kimi put that thing in it.

Again episode starts with a scene that is not part of the episode!
Oct 10, 2022 3:47 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
While the show is still a bit rocky, this episode at least elevated the tension and suspense while progressing the plot forward a little. Still unsure how this will end in just two episodes in a satisfactory was, but perhaps it will surprise me.
Oct 10, 2022 4:31 PM

Oct 2018
Things are getting a bit more interesting.
Oct 10, 2022 11:22 PM
May 2021
Kimi is really sus to be honest, she says bye to her mom but they never show the mom. Idk what's gonna happen at end
Oct 11, 2022 10:11 AM
Feb 2014
at this point it feels like a Cthulhu cult where people get sacrificed to the island god Idk even know anything about cthulhu and got that vibe
Oct 12, 2022 10:02 PM

Jul 2016
OK episode, I guess. Pacing is awfully slow for a 4 episode-long series but I like how suspense and mystery are building up so far.
Oct 13, 2022 9:45 PM
Oct 2021
Bruh what was that tense music when Yuri's mom was opening the door for Kimi? The anime is trying to be scary and it's just hilarious.
Oct 14, 2022 2:33 AM

Dec 2015
It is not that bad. Feared it would be worse - cause of the low scores. I can understand the thign with the english dub only though. Annoying when you usually watch japanese dub. But I did not think it was that bad. Was okay.

And the plot seemed nice. Higurashi-like with the setting. (But instead of a village or island we have the housing complex with not many other buildings nearby.) Interesting variety of chars (also elderly people) - and some mythology with the song and the lyrics. Too bad it is only 4 episodes - but with this they can avoid loops that often lead to bad writing. (Though with the calender shown ... I had expected loops for the future - did think it would be full cour though.)
Oct 14, 2022 6:16 AM
Jul 2017
This anime has a lot of things happening all at once, I was really confused on what was the story and instead of the story progressing there is discussion happening about the most random things. I hope this gets better.
Oct 16, 2022 4:08 PM
Mar 2015
This is not scary at all
Oct 16, 2022 9:14 PM

Apr 2022
Very weird show to be an adult swim original. It’s got tv ma content in it such as gore but the dialogue is very elementary. I can’t see any of Adult Swim’s audience finding this interesting.
Oct 24, 2022 7:33 AM
Jan 2020
I'm just trying to binge this until Bleach's new episode comes out, but man, this sucks
Oct 24, 2022 8:17 PM

Sep 2018
Man, this English dub is trash lol, it's like I'm watching a C grade horror flick. Some of the worst script you'll ever see and the execution makes it ten times worse.
Oct 26, 2022 4:28 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
the dub is so hilariously bad, i can't take it seriously... i find the "optical illusion!!1" catchprase annoying as fuck too
That giant creepy dude is also a walking meme
It's not like the first episode was that good or something, it was just... whatever, fine, entertaining enough, but this episode was just so boring, it's already only 4 episodes so why did they spend half of it on "comedic/cutesy" scenes that brought nothing to the table.
The only part I'm mildly interested in is the creepy son and his drawings
Those dead animals are very obviously like some sort of sacrificial offering (? for the reincarnated priestess goddess (aka Kimi) lmao

Jan 10, 2023 11:22 PM
Apr 2021
the fact that we havent seen kimi's parents is sus as hell and that song has to be a major clue into what is starting to happen here at complex C
Feb 1, 2023 2:34 PM

Nov 2020
I felt this chapter was a bit weak, although it is true that they wanted to create a bit of suspense and mystery due to the behavior of foreigners, for me there was nothing revealing or relevant.-
SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI

Dec 27, 2023 9:23 PM

Nov 2015
alshu said:
Dude practically said "Cthulhu mythos is so romantic!".

rofl this old man is my favorite so far, this bitch gotta be meme'd xD
next thing he could said would be smth like "yeah, son I'll give you a chocolate milk while I drink my cider, which is practically dead apple juice, AND THAT'S SO ROMANTIC!" Pfft. and so on, they should keep up with the joke, ala adult swim 🤮

my take on this is that everyone suspects Kan first (which is wrong), Kimi didn't do anything and Yuri is really behind all this tbh.

ps: i hate the eng dub, thinking it is horror, they would be more serious and not do the cartoonish voices, yuck. unnatural

💢

Dec 27, 2023 11:20 PM

May 2018
Berry-Vodka said:
i hate the eng dub

It's part of the hilarity of the whole thing...but some of those VAs are pretty bad at their own right.

More topics from this board

» Am I the only one who enjoyed it?

PetelgeuseDES - Jan 2, 2023

23 by saikyozero »»
Aug 19, 4:19 PM

Poll: » C Danchi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TheBlockernator - Oct 22, 2022

83 by Destroyer31 »»
Feb 26, 1:10 AM

Poll: » C Danchi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TheBlockernator - Oct 15, 2022

58 by Berry-Vodka »»
Dec 29, 2023 8:53 AM

Poll: » C Danchi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Oct 1, 2022

80 by Berry-Vodka »»
Dec 26, 2023 9:53 PM

» only english dub available? ( 1 2 )

berries_yogurt - Oct 3, 2022

55 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 6, 2023 12:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.