Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 20, 2022 2:50 PM

Aug 2022
So a thought experiment for you.

This might seem like an extraordinary proposition and your emotions might scream "NO!" but at least ponder this before it does: Why does the world need Switzerland? At all.

Banking and finance? Obsolete and 1s and 0s do not care about borders.

A neutral state? Precisely they are ally-less and one custodian of the negotiating table is as good as any other.

Fancy chocolates and mechanical watches readily made in competing neighboring countries.

Again I ask, if Switzerland were leveled tomorrow, who other than the Swiss lose? The kinds of people with enough gold holdings to be effected, also hold enough gold and enough guns to more than offset the scarcity with gold's increase in price. There's got to be some method other than time to de-irradiate metals. All the fortune in Switzerland to the enterprising man that cracks that nut when the dust settles.

Let's end this farce, embrace rationality, and make it crystal clear in the history books that when posed with a choice, not deciding is a decision unto itself.
vasipi4946Aug 20, 2022 2:54 PM
Mao said:
If you have to shit, shit! If you have to fart, fart!
Aug 20, 2022 2:57 PM

Jun 2022
"im not gaddafi you fuckers. gaddafi is obviously dead how could i be posting on mal"
Aug 20, 2022 3:12 PM

Sep 2017
Lemme keep the mountains tho

(and the chocolate, pleaaase)
Aug 20, 2022 3:49 PM

Jun 2019
vasipi4946 said:
So a thought experiment for you.

This might seem like an extraordinary proposition and your emotions might scream "NO!" but at least ponder this before it does: Why does the world need Switzerland? At all.

Banking and finance? Obsolete and 1s and 0s do not care about borders.

A neutral state? Precisely they are ally-less and one custodian of the negotiating table is as good as any other.

Fancy chocolates and mechanical watches readily made in competing neighboring countries.

Again I ask, if Switzerland were leveled tomorrow, who other than the Swiss lose? The kinds of people with enough gold holdings to be effected, also hold enough gold and enough guns to more than offset the scarcity with gold's increase in price. There's got to be some method other than time to de-irradiate metals. All the fortune in Switzerland to the enterprising man that cracks that nut when the dust settles.

Let's end this farce, embrace rationality, and make it crystal clear in the history books that when posed with a choice, not deciding is a decision unto itself.

Don't be a sore loser after failing to land a job in Lugano.
Aug 20, 2022 4:16 PM

Oct 2012
Switzerland deserves to be their own country for the simple fact that their German is incomprehensible to people who are actually from Germany.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Aug 20, 2022 4:16 PM

Jan 2022
I- Wow...

I never thought I'd come across Switzerland slander in these forums!

Idk if I should be offended, but this is too funny haha
Aug 20, 2022 4:23 PM

Jun 2016
Firearms enthusiasts need Switzerland. Most get boners near anything Swiss made.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Aug 20, 2022 5:51 PM

Mar 2008
The world doesn't need any state government.
Aug 21, 2022 10:10 AM

Jun 2022
Swiss people are the posh people of Germany

they are incredibly rich and like tenryuubito

German people are already known to be arrongant internationally, but Swiss are so arrogant that even German people think they are arrogant

They are the true elite, so elite that even their commoners would be elite in other western countries

The question is not why do we need Switzerland, the real question is why does Switzerland need us?
We are at their mercy, we are only allowed to live because we are to some use for the elite [Swiss]

Bro there was always a elite in the history of mankind, but now you have to be high status to even know WHO your RULER is
Aug 21, 2022 11:22 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
I like to keep my birthplace and may it only be for the reason to sound fancy. Aside from that while there are other countries rivaling their strong points, they're not on Switzerlands level yet. Also as @Moonspeak said, mountains

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Aug 21, 2022 12:09 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
They are home to one of the most influential metal bands of all time so they are cool in my book.

and H.R. Giger's from there as well.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Aug 21, 2022 12:55 PM

May 2013
Because then there wouldn't be Swiss Miss any more.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Aug 21, 2022 1:31 PM

Feb 2020
The world needs Switzerland to open up the portal to hell using the Hadron Collider. What the frick is taking them so long!!!!
Aug 21, 2022 1:35 PM
Jul 2018
vasipi4946 said:
Again I ask, if Switzerland were leveled tomorrow, who other than the Swiss lose?

We'd lose Swiss cheese, and that's too much of a sacrifice already.
I fuckin love Swiss cheese.
Aug 21, 2022 5:55 PM
DG9 CEO striker

Aug 2020
why does the world need you and why does the world need mal forums
9cycle cycle9

Aug 21, 2022 6:00 PM

Nov 2013
leave my lindt chocolate alone please
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 21, 2022 9:58 PM

Feb 2018
For corrupt politicians to stash away their bribes at swiss banks :^)
Resign? 🕊➤Yes / No Resign? Yes / ⚔➤No

Aug 21, 2022 10:18 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Weren't Eluveitie from Switzerland? I mean... they have never been the same without Anna, sure, but it's still enough to prove that we need this country!
Aug 21, 2022 10:21 PM

Jan 2022
No, I happen to like my Swiss cheese and Swiss chocolate.

Aug 21, 2022 11:01 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
Because they knocked out France in the most recent euros and that game was pretty damn incredible and it was thanks to Switzerland

Aug 22, 2022 1:46 AM

Jan 2017
If we're onto Switzerland slander how about some Turkish slander? I dare any of you to hop onto a Turkish twitter chain and purposefully call Istanbul Constantinople and see what happens, pure art.
Aug 22, 2022 8:02 AM
Jul 2018
the world owes switzerland its arm and leg for the gift of roger federer
Aug 22, 2022 10:23 AM
Jan 2020
It's not a matter of the world needing Switzerland, it's just that Switzerland exists, the same way Italy exists or Canada exists. The events in history have led to the creation of Switzerland, and so it exists. People weren't like "Let's make a small country in Europe known for cheese, chocolate, finance, gold, banking and neutrality and call it Switzerland!" The world doesn't work like that, where every nation must be known for something or else it should be wiped off the Earth, they exist because historical events and situations have occured and they have managed to adapt/survive those events.
Also the people of Lichtenstein would suffer if Switzerland was leveled, so it's not just the Swiss.
Aug 22, 2022 10:36 AM

Aug 2022
Moonspeak said:
Lemme keep the mountains tho

(and the chocolate, pleaaase)
Agreed plus I feel like nuking the swiss alps may create ecological problems. Plus as someone living in Sweden, I'm worried whoever drops the bomb confuses the two countries like so many do and bombs me instead of some swiss banker.
Aug 22, 2022 3:34 PM

Jun 2016
Skimt said:
Cneq said:
If we're onto Switzerland slander how about some Turkish slander? I dare any of you to hop onto a Turkish twitter chain and purposefully call Istanbul Constantinople and see what happens, pure art.

Constantinople? Do you mean Miklagard?

What's this Varangian shit?
Carigrad is the patrician choice.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Aug 22, 2022 3:50 PM

Jun 2019
Skimt said:
Cneq said:

Constantinople? Do you mean Miklagard?

Sorry, but Byzance sounds incredibly better to me (the English version Byzantium sounds like a radioactive chemical element though...), and is great for poetry.

Je sens ta longue absence...
Byzance !

L'inquiétante présence :
Byzance !

La bien morte espérance ;
Byzance...
May 26, 5:59 AM

Mar 2023
We all need Toblerone in our life(s).
May 26, 8:48 AM
Jul 2021
Follow the Shekels. and you'll find out why "they" need Switzerland. But the head of the snake is the Netherlands. Fun fact.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
May 26, 8:53 AM

Sep 2016
Why does the World need Switzerland?

Because the world needs a paragon it can strive after.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 26, 9:11 AM
Dec 2022
Montreux Jazz Festival

Adrian von Ziegler

and their adorable French speech
May 26, 10:01 AM

Jan 2009
Switzerland is far from being the secure and secret banking paradise and actually neutral country it once was
May 26, 10:33 AM

May 2013
Nooooo

The elites need their hecking tax havenerino.

If they are forced to pay taxes then society will collapse.

Let's take a second to that I Switzerland for keeping that money untaxed.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
May 27, 5:11 PM

May 2019
Finance is a useful industry that connects savers with borrowers and increases overall investment in the economy. Investment is how things like machinery is purchased and how businesses get the capital to start. So yeah, good on the Swiss.

If the Swiss disappeared, I'd also lose people getting mad that they have lower taxes. Sounds like other nations have a skill issue to me.
FreshellMay 27, 5:16 PM
May 27, 5:51 PM
Jul 2018
Switzerland is not real. It's just a figment of societies' imagination. Of course, this isn't to suggest that the idea of a Switzerland is not needed by the world. The idea of obtaining a Switzerland-like state is what pushes society towards achieving such an ideal/utopian future. So Switzerland, in a general sense, is pretty much the reason for all our ambitions. Of course, we will never find Switzerland. Not in our life time.
May 27, 8:17 PM
Dec 2022
I had to dig through my old university notes. Switzerland is also a country that uses the directorial system (i.e. a tiny group of people act like the president of the USA, head of govenment and state combined) and it's a unique characteristics of how the whole country runs.

And it's a country that still maintains the paramount presence of "reichsfrei" during the Holy Roman Empire.
May 28, 2:27 AM

Sep 2023
So I can continue adding their military items to my collections. Just me?

Be safe and well travels,
Chris
May 28, 5:27 AM

Feb 2024
Switzerland is great for for fly fishing and low inheritance tax, I love both.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
May 30, 1:35 AM

Sep 2020
if switzerland didnt exist and there was a huge pool of water instead then that would mean coastline to the australians
Jun 14, 1:45 AM

Jul 2013
To remind us and silly American politicians the importance of having rights to bear arms?

I may not use a gat like those Swiss people, but my slinging's accuracy is off the charts that Mr. Potato Head (the phony president) would defecate all over himself again like he did in France.

To remind us what a beautiful landscape looks like?
Jun 14, 3:01 AM
Nov 2019
Reply to Rndmguypassingby
if switzerland didnt exist and there was a huge pool of water instead then that would mean coastline to the australians
@Rndmguypassingby I think you meant Austrians right?

More topics from this board

» What are some authors and figures that you hold in high esteem?

FilthyApollo - 28 minutes ago

1 by Cielord »»
10 minutes ago

» Do you skip anime scenes or episodes?

Johnny65 - 41 minutes ago

6 by Icymatika »»
11 minutes ago

» What are your plans for Halloween 2024?

Yuno - Yesterday

25 by Rosy_Rose »»
31 minutes ago

» The Proust phenomenon

RobertBobert - 4 hours ago

4 by Cielord »»
44 minutes ago

» How close or not close would you be with your sibling(s) if they weren't your sibling(s)?

bucciest - 11 hours ago

14 by Cielord »»
46 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.