Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2022 10:24 AM

Nov 2011
Yuuhi in a state of depression after the recent events....

Pretty interesting episode though, especialy with how he reacts and the way his personality is protrayed. It's exactly how a guy like him would react after witnessing a brutal death.
Aug 12, 2022 12:25 PM
Sep 2015
3 more knights suddenly appear, I'm wondering if we'll get to see all twelve knights in this season (judging from the poster, the answer might be yes). Talking about season, I still don't know how long it is. Could it be 12/13 episodes or 25/26 episodes?

Noi story makes me wonder what's the fight before a biscuit hammer fight, and it seems like they're in a cycle of reincarnation so many times? I really hope our princess successfully destroy the Earth by her own hands, and then everyone get reincarnation into a better world, that'd be a happy ending.
Aug 12, 2022 12:26 PM

May 2020
As much as likable Hangetsu was, his brother really doing everything he can to make us feel exact opposite about him. Like do your damn job instead of asserting others to beat your ass. Also really thankful to Horse knight coming in and explaining few things up.

Yuuhi on the other hand, being treated like a deadweight and moreover developing another PTSD, but atleast he tried to redeem himself in those last few minutes, which btw would've been more impactful if there were some professionals handling the animation here.
Aug 12, 2022 12:27 PM

Jul 2017
Shinonome "the Whirlwind" Hangetsu is gone, and most especially Amamiya and Asahina are feeling the pain. But there's another group: Hangetsu's younger brother the Crow Knight Mikazuki and crow Mu, and he becomes a sensation rightaway in school. Though between him and Amamiya, Mikazuki was felt as the inferior Ring Knight between both brothers. And yelp, one more crew: Horse Knight Nagumo Souichrou with Dance Dark, and this officially opens the plot for the 12 Beast Knights (minus Hangetsu) to save the world from the Biscuit Hammer.

The usual golem-of-the-week approach, but plus the Beast Knights to work together with, except for Mikazuki who's very adamant on challenging Nagumo, and Amamiya still facing deathly traumatic shockwaves whilst being taken care of by Snake Knight Yayoi Hakudou and her beast Sia.

At this point, Amamiya is only but a liability that he continues to push himself beyond the limits, and the only way he can overcome this trauma is to embrace all that he's worth, together with Noi. Looking forward to his long-overdue development after being stuck in a rut for so long.

phantomfandom said:
3 more knights suddenly appear, I'm wondering if we'll get to see all twelve knights in this season (judging from the poster, the answer might be yes). Talking about season, I still don't know how long it is. Could it be 12/13 episodes or 25/26 episodes?
At this point, next episode (Episode 7) would complete the adaptation of the 1st 3 volumes of the 10-volume manga, so it's pretty safe to assume that they would not be doing just 12/13 eps of this. Either a continuous 2-cour season or a split-cour is the more feasible option for speculation.
KANLen09Aug 12, 2022 12:32 PM
Aug 12, 2022 1:04 PM
Oct 2016
As one knight falls, three more rise. Hangetsu paid the ultimate sacrifice last episode to save Yuuhi, here we meet not only his younger brother Mikazuki the crow Knight but also Nagumo the horse Knight and Yayoi the snake Knight. The twelve Knights are starting to appear more as present themselves to Yuuhi. They of course don't realize he will one day face them all for the princess. While they wish to protect the world Yuuhi and Samidare both want to destroy it by their own hands. One day they will both have to turn on the other beast Knights. Hangetsu younger brother Mikazuki is crazy dude, one of those that wishes to fight constantly. Always wants to face the strongest opponent whether its Yuuhi or Nagumo. The latter whom is very strong as the horse Knight, not even holding back anymore as Mikazuki is very persistent about fighting him. Yuuhi is having to confront his own powerlessness after seeing Hangetsu dead. Sure he would've had to kill him one day anyways for Samidare but not like that. Seeing someone you've come to care for lay there as a lifeless corpse while you couldn't do a thing to help is pretty heartbreaking. Yuuhi having some PTSD from witnessing such an event. Not wanting to see that anymore he's confiding in Lizard more about what they both want. Never to see a someone they care for dead again.
Aug 12, 2022 1:05 PM
Oct 2016
phantomfandom said:

It will be two cour and they'll adapt the whole thing in one go. We've already gotten to chapter 19
Aug 12, 2022 1:16 PM
Nov 2021
I didnt get why everyone has been hating on this anime, but that episode was terrible
Aug 12, 2022 1:32 PM

Jul 2020
So this episode was basically 20mins of MC constantly yelling, although we met a kinda cute sword girl, at least there's that
Aug 12, 2022 1:56 PM

Feb 2019
This continues to be probably the third worst show I’ve ever seen. I really just wanna see how bad it gets
Aug 12, 2022 2:37 PM

Jan 2012
What happened? I really enjoyed the first 4-5 episodes of the show, now I can clearly tell the quality is deteriorating :/
Felt like a super rushed episode, everything happened and went by so fast, sudden skips to another place and time before I got to process what was even happening at present.
Aug 12, 2022 3:41 PM
Oct 2021
Okay so am I the only one completely annoyed by the fact the MC is a p***y. Like wow zero character growth. Cry’s and runs away every episode. This show is disappointing af
Aug 12, 2022 3:59 PM

May 2021
Looks like we're moving onto a bigger battlefield now. Still a slideshow and holy crap, Mikazuki is such an annoying character, on top of making no sense whatsoever.

Aug 12, 2022 4:03 PM

Sep 2011
That was bad. Really bad
Aug 12, 2022 4:13 PM
Jul 2018
I know that many people consider this adaptation a disapointement but i don't care as long as the story gets better so I'm sticking with the show till the end
Aug 12, 2022 4:21 PM

Jan 2012
What a weird episode from a pacing aspect. I'm not sure how I can describe it exactly but that's the closest probably. Things happened in this episode, several related to previous events, but none of them felt all that cohesive to one another. Everything felt so random, even Yuuhi's character development at the end. On the surface it made sense but...it just failed to gel or click, making it feel unearned. And that transition from Yuuhi in bed to the sighting of the two golems the following day felt especially abrupt. So much so that I wondered if it was a dream sequence. As I said last week I'm an anime-only, but I can't help but wonder if some trimming of manga material might not be behind some of this awkwardness.
Aug 12, 2022 5:05 PM

Mar 2018
Wow!!! NAZ really must write a book on "How to ruin an adaptation 101!"
Aug 12, 2022 5:18 PM

Mar 2018
They seriously cut out half the character moments for the rest of the story, so the pacing is literally so awful. I expect it'll only get worst from here on.
Aug 12, 2022 5:32 PM

Mar 2012
Great episode, still can't comprehend the hate, lol
Aug 12, 2022 6:48 PM

Nov 2011
It's getting cringier and worse by the week. Episode felt all over the place and suddenly they're upset Shinonome is dead. So stupid.

Then Yuuhi calls Noi his best friend. Come on man I can't take this show seriously.

Trash anime. I thought since the manga had so much praise even with it's severe flaws in animation the story would be great...nope...trash.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 12, 2022 7:38 PM

Sep 2018
First time seeing a horse? I think I loved him? Why is shit so dumb? And I love how they think I'm supposed to care about Shinowhathisname's death, like his character had any emotional depth or relatability.

You can definitely tell the original source is pretty old, this adaptation doesn't belong in 2022.
GakutoDeathGlareAug 12, 2022 7:55 PM
Aug 12, 2022 7:46 PM

Jun 2017
This series is so fast even Sonic is put to shame. Snek girl is cute at least.
Aug 12, 2022 8:31 PM

Jan 2021
The only thing keeping me from leaving is the OP. There were a few last season that I thought had terrible art and animation, but this tops all of them by a while. Along with the slideshow, the story seems all over the place.

Aug 12, 2022 8:42 PM
Mar 2011
Wow. I was enjoying the series so far but thought it was a tad slow. This episode though had horrible pacing to the point it seemed like a recap episode with how disjointed everything felt.
My Karma ran over your Dogma
Aug 13, 2022 12:31 AM

Jun 2009
They actually cut out the famous "No looking at me with your back to the sunset" part...

In general, lots of stuff was cut out, mostly comedy. They really want this to be no-nonsense huh? Which makes the fact they left out the return of the chains even weirder.

Lots of other tiny changes, and the direction was just all over the place with the scene transitions and pacing. Overall a pretty bad episode, saved by the awesomeness of Mikazuki and the introduction of Nagumo and Yayoi.
Aug 13, 2022 2:03 AM

Jun 2010
KushIsekai said:
Okay so am I the only one completely annoyed by the fact the MC is a p***y. Like wow zero character growth. Cry’s and runs away every episode. This show is disappointing af

God forbid a character witnessing a brutal death of his friend is a traumatic event instead of an instant shounen power-up.
God forbid a character starts weak and develops slowly instead of having the first episode or two be all they need to fight a world-ending threat.

By the boring every-shounen-under-the-sun standards, yes, Amamiya's a crybaby weakling like the sidiest of side characters would be in this situation. By the standards of this show, he's a crybaby weakling - like pretty much anyone would be in this situation. And the fact is, Amamiya does have development. He went from fearing human intimacy to loving a girl and wanting to protect her. He went from despising his abusive grandpa to using his once-in-a-lifetime magical wish to save his life. He went from assessing a future opponent to mourning him as a friend. Your standard of "development" seems to be "battles won" and that's not how that works.

Now, notice how Amamiya's always been wrong before. Noi, the lizard on his shoulder has been acting as an angel on his shoulder - being the voice of reason and guiding him toward the right choices, though mostly getting ignored. But this time, the opposite is true. Amamiya's in the right. Being protected forever is not an option. The way to break out of a fear-induced stalemate is not to hide and wait for it to go away, it's to forcibly break through and fight. This is Noi's development in addition to Amamiya's, and a development of the two's relationship. It's gone from Amamiya hanging out with Noi because he had no other choice, to relying on him for his wish to, only now, being relied on back. Now they're finally partners, properly.

This series has tons of that, that subtle, layered meaning to everything. Sure, the anime is rough and far from the adaptation this masterpiece deserves. But you judging the series with the milktoast-shounen standards isn't a problem with the anime, it's the problem with how you watch it. Which, you're allowed not to do. You can just not watch shows that don't match your tastes if you're not willing to expand the palate. I dare say, that would prevent you from wasting some time.
Aug 13, 2022 2:57 AM

Jun 2021
Did not think Yuuhi would grab Hisame’s boobs haha. He saw a chance and he took it! Poor woman though, she really liked that dude huh?

Hangetsu’s brother is a lot like him, kind of goofy on the outside. I don’t think he understands how to play “catch” though lol. I liked that “red thread of fate crafted for a third-date author’s convenience” line. Author calling himself out? Haha. But man, the little bro is kind of a psycho. For all that talk, he got chucked pretty easily by Sami lol. Looks like yuuhi has a rival in more then one sense of the word!

I thought Nagumo was gonna throw down but nope, you just removed his jacket to run faster lol. Mikazuki is truly insane. Who tf just eats cabbage like that? Haha. But I guess Nagumo can fight if he wants to and apparently he strong af.

It seems like Yuuhi is still effected by what happened to Hangetsu. I’m glad he kind of snapped out of it enough to help Yayoi and her familiar Sia. Those two look like they’ll be a fun addition to this show.
Aug 13, 2022 4:45 AM
Jan 2020
This is such a bad adaptation I can't believe it
Aug 13, 2022 10:19 AM

Mar 2018
eworm said:
KushIsekai said:

God forbid a character witnessing a brutal death of his friend is a traumatic event instead of an instant shounen power-up.
God forbid a character starts weak and develops slowly instead of having the first episode or two be all they need to fight a world-ending threat.

By the boring every-shounen-under-the-sun standards, yes, Amamiya's a crybaby weakling like the sidiest of side characters would be in this situation. By the standards of this show, he's a crybaby weakling - like pretty much anyone would be in this situation. And the fact is, Amamiya does have development. He went from fearing human intimacy to loving a girl and wanting to protect her. He went from despising his abusive grandpa to using his once-in-a-lifetime magical wish to save his life. He went from assessing a future opponent to mourning him as a friend. Your standard of "development" seems to be "battles won" and that's not how that works.

Now, notice how Amamiya's always been wrong before. Noi, the lizard on his shoulder has been acting as an angel on his shoulder - being the voice of reason and guiding him toward the right choices, though mostly getting ignored. But this time, the opposite is true. Amamiya's in the right. Being protected forever is not an option. The way to break out of a fear-induced stalemate is not to hide and wait for it to go away, it's to forcibly break through and fight. This is Noi's development in addition to Amamiya's, and a development of the two's relationship. It's gone from Amamiya hanging out with Noi because he had no other choice, to relying on him for his wish to, only now, being relied on back. Now they're finally partners, properly.

This series has tons of that, that subtle, layered meaning to everything. Sure, the anime is rough and far from the adaptation this masterpiece deserves. But you judging the series with the milktoast-shounen standards isn't a problem with the anime, it's the problem with how you watch it. Which, you're allowed not to do. You can just not watch shows that don't match your tastes if you're not willing to expand the palate. I dare say, that would prevent you from wasting some time.

Amazing response, but I do get why anime-onlys are having trouble understanding the subtleties with how bogstandard the facial expressions are. It's kind of hard to get emotionally invested in a characters story when they show next to no emotional response due to the lack of budget.
Aug 13, 2022 11:37 AM

Mar 2014
RobinLopez said:
eworm said:

Amazing response, but I do get why anime-onlys are having trouble understanding the subtleties with how bogstandard the facial expressions are. It's kind of hard to get emotionally invested in a characters story when they show next to no emotional response due to the lack of budget.

Budget, pacing and direction.

They did cut some things who would make stuff more immersive.

But, you right, while a shounen (with teen protags on school, on top of that), this should not be read as one Typical Battle Shounen TM. It's more a coming of age story, driven by chars development mostly. And no so much by Big Explosions, Transformation Power Ups and Arc Powercreep.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Aug 13, 2022 1:22 PM

Oct 2008
oh god...why is the production staff getting worse...
2/5.

Aug 13, 2022 2:39 PM

Jan 2021
another cringe episode...
Roxy

Aug 13, 2022 11:10 PM

Jan 2020
I don't think this dude knows how catch works.

I will say, this Horse Knight randomly showing up -- unprompted -- for just a few moments to just insert information into the scene was not what I'd call good writing. Up until this point I really haven't had too much problem with any of the exposition. Maybe it's spun differently in the manga, like it might've just been how the anime chose to deliver it, but to have this character reveal pertinent information without pretext and say nothing else around it -- I don't know. It's beyond rushed, it's almost like they didn't even bother to try and try.

Knights are just coming out of the wood works now eh? I guess I've said this with most of the knights, but I'm not sure how I feel about this snake lady.

Anyway, that was a super choppy episode.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 14, 2022 4:57 AM
Oct 2021
eworm said:
KushIsekai said:

Bro I’m not reading all that lol. You must love this anime that’s literally all you had to say fan boy.
Aug 14, 2022 4:23 PM

Aug 2010
Feels like this anime jumps around and skips things like crazy...
Make's it hard to tell if minutes, hours, days or weeks are passing between every cut.
Like when did Amamiya exchange numbers with the horse knight?
When did those golems show up after meeting the crow and horse?
and so on.
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Aug 15, 2022 12:09 PM
Feb 2018
Por enquanto está ok, nada surpreendente porém não está ruim.
Aug 15, 2022 2:15 PM

Dec 2012
commonxreaction said:
I will say, this Horse Knight randomly showing up -- unprompted -- for just a few moments to just insert information into the scene was not what I'd call good writing. Up until this point I really haven't had too much problem with any of the exposition. Maybe it's spun differently in the manga, like it might've just been how the anime chose to deliver it, but to have this character reveal pertinent information without pretext and say nothing else around it -- I don't know. It's beyond rushed, it's almost like they didn't even bother to try and try.

He was supposed to share contact information with the others when he met them, but for some reason they skipped that...
Aug 15, 2022 2:53 PM
Mar 2015
Too many knights Not enough quality fighters
Aug 16, 2022 8:45 AM

Jun 2009
commonxreaction said:

Fun fact: the manga actually lampshades this. Mikazuki explains the "rules" of "catch" as "We take turns hitting each other without dodging. It's lots of fun. It's called "catch" in my country." and Yuuhi says something like "What country is THAT?".

Small stuff like this is part of what makes the manga charming, and it getting cut out left and right (it's far from the only example, even in this episode) is definitely doing harm.
Aug 16, 2022 8:50 AM

Jan 2020
grandy_UiD said:
commonxreaction said:

Fun fact: the manga actually lampshades this. Mikazuki explains the "rules" of "catch" as "We take turns hitting each other without dodging. It's lots of fun. It's called "catch" in my country." and Yuuhi says something like "What country is THAT?".

Small stuff like this is part of what makes the manga charming, and it getting cut out left and right (it's far from the only example, even in this episode) is definitely doing harm.

The humor that bleeds through and is executed well is definitely up my alley. So this seems like something I should enjoy. However, it's becoming more and more apparent the anime isn't doing the manga justice. Which is a shame, but it is what it is. I do intend to pick up the manga. At the rate we're going though I might as well pick it up sooner than later because I can't foresee a satisfying conclusion to this anime as things are.

Tulicloure said:
commonxreaction said:

He was supposed to share contact information with the others when he met them, but for some reason they skipped that...

See the above. But yeah, if nothing else the anime at least brought this series to my attention. So at least there is that.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 17, 2022 11:33 PM

Oct 2010
the hell was that pacing? it felt so weird cause I am a manga reader, anyways, we got Yako, Mikazuki and Nagumo so that's a plus. Yako is so cute and Mikazuki is the same insane dude
Aug 27, 2022 8:37 PM

Dec 2013
This episode felt a lot more rushed than the previous episodes. Yuuhi's little comeback at the end at least got me a little hype.
Sep 2, 2022 10:42 PM

Aug 2018
love the deaths.........
Oct 10, 2022 12:26 PM
Aug 2018
Scenes changed too quickly, the battle of the blonde against the golem looks skipped. Sometimes the animation of people walking is very unnatural.
Oct 16, 2022 6:10 AM

Aug 2018
KushIsekai said:

well he is real with his fears and worries. it's not some stupid shounen character with annoying brave mc who is artificial
Dec 24, 2022 1:47 AM

Nov 2019
This might've been a decent series if the pacing wasn't so incredibly rushed.

Unfortunately, events are just far too condensed to provide an engaging narrative.
Dec 27, 2022 11:00 AM

Jul 2015
With Hangetsu's death last ep, it felt weird and really inappropiate how Yuuhi suddenly groped Hisame there.

So far I can see past the bad animation but the story also feels bad so far with how random things occur.

Jan 7, 2023 4:16 PM
Apr 2021
This anime is trash trash trash! I gave it a shot because usually a dubbed anime means it is decent to good, but no! Think the creators paid dub teams to sell it. All around bad on so many categories. Just happy Reincarnated as a Sword came out good. This show is scratching on the bottom, this show missed what the manga wanted. If you are like me and watch an anime bc it was dubbed, then don't bother with this. Perplexed how they sold this off as good
Mar 24, 2023 12:35 AM

Feb 2021
Lot of new character but the MC still weak XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 25, 3:43 AM

Jun 2022
This Is It For Me . Sayonara Hoshi!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2022

43 by RGreatDanton »»
May 25, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2022

30 by RGreatDanton »»
May 25, 3:14 AM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2022

39 by RGreatDanton »»
May 24, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2022

53 by RGreatDanton »»
May 24, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2022

146 by RGreatDanton »»
May 24, 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.