Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Mew Mew
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 19, 2022 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
Ichigo and Masaya scenes this episode were cute. She had that blushing face the whole time but at least she seems somewhat comfortable with him now.

Turns out, Quiche is the one that took Ichigo's kiss this episode. It seems their dates can never be perfect in this show lol
Jul 19, 2022 9:25 AM

Jul 2017
Ichigo and Aoyama are on another date again, this time to the zoo...albeit can't turn away from animal exhibitions and more animal petting situations. That is until this yellow-haired girl Huang Bu Ling came along, and it's obvious that she's the next Mew Mew comrade, while this Kish stole Ichigp's first kiss, and plays a part in the Chimera Anima evolution.

Turns out, Bu Ling is the 4th member Pudding, and she is the embodiment of the monkey animal that's as cunning as she can come. But at least, Aoyama can be assured that his little kitty Ichigo can be around with that choker as her first present.

Standard Mahou Shoujo, but nice.
Jul 19, 2022 9:32 AM
Sep 2015
Not sure if Aoyama want a girfriend or a pet or both, he just give Momomiya a collar.
Jul 19, 2022 9:44 AM

Apr 2011
Finally Pudding's time to shine! You go, my girl!! But I still HATE the fact that they gave her a dress in this version... it just doesn't look right, the original overalls with shorts suited her tomboy-ish style much better.

And that part where Kish kissed Ichigo and then said she tasted delicious... I sweat I could hear Cascada's "Bad Boy" playing in my head. lol
Jul 19, 2022 10:23 AM

Jul 2011
I wasn't going to comment,but. Aoyama gave a feel of possessive problems, with all the date thing, but more worrying with the bell choker part.
If Ichigo animal was a dog. Well, is better not to think about it.
BlichoBoyJul 19, 2022 10:26 AM
Jul 19, 2022 10:59 AM

Jan 2013
I'm not a big fan of Bu-Lin's new voice. It sounds too mature for her in comparison to her old one.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Jul 19, 2022 11:38 AM
Jan 2022
Better than OG version
Jul 19, 2022 12:07 PM

Jun 2015
Woot. I can't decide if that strange boy stealing kisses was the young lad or the black cat. Either way the young lad putting collars with bells on so he can track people is full on stalker territory :D :D
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 19, 2022 12:39 PM
Oct 2020
Roch2001 said:
Woot. I can't decide if that strange boy stealing kisses was the young lad or the black cat. Either way the young lad putting collars with bells on so he can track people is full on stalker territory :D :D
oh i can assure you without giving spoiler that alien young lad in this episode will be much more obsessive then aoyama regarding ichigo that kiss of him was just the start
Jul 19, 2022 12:41 PM
Oct 2020
BlichoBoy said:
I wasn't going to comment,but. Aoyama gave a feel of possessive problems, with all the date thing, but more worrying with the bell choker part.
If Ichigo animal was a dog. Well, is better not to think about it.
if you think aoyama feels too possesive i can tell you without spoiling that kisshu the green alien boy will be much more possessive and obssesd with ichigo then him
Jul 19, 2022 12:46 PM

Nov 2019
Fun introduction for Pudding to be induced into the group, along with a super cute date with Aoyama and Ichigo

The bell collar scene waa >.< it will never get old, they're so cute together

Kish coming in and stealing her first kiss, can't wait to see more of the two of them too
Jul 19, 2022 12:55 PM

Nov 2017
I am so glad Kisshu finally showed uppp. His introduction was so much hotter in this version than the original. <3 <3 <3

I also love what they did with Pudding's transformation in this version. Really nice! <3
Jul 19, 2022 2:50 PM

Mar 2014
Kish made an apperance and made a unforgettable impression on Ichigo hehe

But I do feel the show is like rushing
Jul 19, 2022 3:45 PM

Dec 2013
Poor Ichigo forever cursed to bring closer hot but weird ass guys.

I like the ED animation of the girls dancing as chibi, pure soul.
Jul 19, 2022 6:06 PM

Apr 2020
Ayo Aoyama just said that, "because you're my kitty"....things changed for the better.

Pudding is now a Mew Mew and I guess I'm with the majority here but um thank goodness they didn't gave her the high pitch voice again, makes her much more listenable. Also Kisshu is here to take Ichigo's kiss, and that's pretty much it.

Zakuro is the only one left, how will she transition to become a Mew Mew, I wonder.
Jul 19, 2022 6:28 PM
Jul 2022
This time I might just do it finally and murder somebody.
Pudding was my absolute favorite of every anime and just everything in general. But I hated this new shitty image with a passion that is dangerous.
Horrible dress, cancer voice and disgusting design.
Fuck them.
Jul 19, 2022 7:13 PM

Jun 2017
Ok the way Aoyama just made Ichigo his pet was major wtf. lol
Jul 19, 2022 7:55 PM

Nov 2018
Yeah, that was pretty cringe...Aoyama's giving off "abusive/possessive" vibes, and Ichigo needs a higher opinion of herself than to be happy that he's put some random animal collar that he found on her...
Jul 19, 2022 10:32 PM
Dec 2019
as a long time fan of tokyo mew mew this episode really… was not it. firstly the aoyama and ichigo moments felt like a rushed poorly written fanfiction i’m sorry but i had to say it. also we all know kisshu stole a kiss from ichigo but this time around… the vibes around the situation… i don’t know, it came off way too real and much different than the OG anime and manga source material. from ichigo tearing up to the standing still in shock asking why..it just didn’t feel like a trope but it felt like kisshu was just being a whole ass weirdo. like why throw a sheet on her first? it just did not sit right with me and this is coming from a kisshu x ichigo shipper *sigh*
Jul 19, 2022 11:30 PM

Jun 2021
Ichigo and Aoyama make a cute couple! Good thing he loves cats haha.

Bu-Ling is definitely very monkey like, makes sense given her animal. Loved that the monkeys were enjoying her act as much as the other patrons at the zoo lol. She’s got such a cute and bubbly personality and I love her special attack is just putting the baddies into pudding lol.

Kish looks like he’ll be trouble. I wonder what his deal is. Good thing Lettuce and Mint showed up or Ichigo would have been toast.

Anyways, now that they’ve got 4, I guess there’s just one more girl left. Looking forward to seeing her join the team.
Jul 19, 2022 11:53 PM

Mar 2015
I feel like Mint got cheated on screen time and backstory...and she is my favorite so I'm disappointed. Still enjoying the show though.
Jul 20, 2022 6:45 AM

Jan 2017
Okay, I never really liked Aoyama and after this episode I'm definitely not going to change my mind. Shouting and then apologizing, you two aren't even dating yet.

But I must say I now remember why Kisshu was my first anime crush, lol.

Jul 20, 2022 8:20 AM
Jul 2018
Nyan~ good episode!! We got to meet Pudding, the 4th member, and Kisshu :D The date at the zoo was pretty fun to watch, and I loved the cat scene! Though, I didn't like when Aoyama put the color on her and called her "his pet".. That part was uhm.. uncomfortable.. I also loved the ending!! I love how they all are animal themed, and are saving animals in the process of being a magical girl! Overall, good episode, and I'm excited to see the next one.
Jul 20, 2022 10:27 AM
Oct 2020
ichigobunni said:
as a long time fan of tokyo mew mew this episode really… was not it. firstly the aoyama and ichigo moments felt like a rushed poorly written fanfiction i’m sorry but i had to say it. also we all know kisshu stole a kiss from ichigo but this time around… the vibes around the situation… i don’t know, it came off way too real and much different than the OG anime and manga source material. from ichigo tearing up to the standing still in shock asking why..it just didn’t feel like a trope but it felt like kisshu was just being a whole ass weirdo. like why throw a sheet on her first? it just did not sit right with me and this is coming from a kisshu x ichigo shipper *sigh*
as somone who watched the original and rewatched recently i have to disagree with you in the kisshu part he was whole ass and creepy even in the kiss scenece also i dont understend what the problem with the whole scence and the kiss feel real
Jul 20, 2022 10:28 AM
Oct 2020
morganasuzuwu said:
Nyan~ good episode!! We got to meet Pudding, the 4th member, and Kisshu :D The date at the zoo was pretty fun to watch, and I loved the cat scene! Though, I didn't like when Aoyama put the color on her and called her "his pet".. That part was uhm.. uncomfortable.. I also loved the ending!! I love how they all are animal themed, and are saving animals in the process of being a magical girl! Overall, good episode, and I'm excited to see the next one.
is kisshu first interaction with ichigo and his kiss was just how you remember or it felt diffrent?
Jul 20, 2022 11:42 AM
Sep 2017
Oh my goodness. Maybe the reboot does have good sides. Kisshu's introduction was so much hotter! ><

That said I really don't like Purins new dress...
Jul 20, 2022 12:01 PM

Mar 2021
is it just me or is the animation quality tanking hard? i swear it felt like almost every scene in the first half of the episode were off-model...

anyway! i never liked kish, so i still don't like him here. i definitely agree that he is creepier this time around (changing "thanks for the kiss" to "you taste delicious by the way" was definitely...a choice) but let's not act like the original was any less disturbing. in the original, the whole episode after the kiss, ichigo couldn't stop thinking about how she was used goods and couldn't face aoyama after that. it was no less disturbing imo

speaking of aoyama! the date was super cute and i like that we're getting more hints about... well if you know, you know. i felt like in the original it sorta came out of nowhere, but the foreshadowing is much better here. poor boy is an anxious mess. the "you're my kitty" part was kinda weird but he acknowledged it was cheesy so it came off as a teenager trying to sound cool for his gf. which he is xD

edit: oh! and how could i possibly forget about pudding! she's funny as always, but i do agree with the comments that her voice sounds...off. considering that they aged ichigo up, though, pudding might be a middle schooler now instead of elementary like she was in the original. that's my headcanon for now! don't care for her new design, but her attacks were super fun to watch. hey, i just realized: that's probably where all the animation budget went...
Jul 20, 2022 1:11 PM

Nov 2014
KISSHU IS HERE ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Jul 20, 2022 1:31 PM

Oct 2015
i don't see the aoyama hinting abusive thing here... I imagine the situation being pretty dangerous with animals escaping, the zoo having to evacuate, and not finding a person you care about (he clearly does). He must have been pretty anxious thinking something might have happened to her, these feelings pile up. He shouted with tears in his eyes, not out of rage but out of distress. He also apologized inmediately.
What was pretty weird was the whole collar thing but i guess we will see how this relationship developes. (btw is my first time seeing this show, i used to watch it when i was a kid but i remember nothing)
Jul 20, 2022 1:46 PM

Nov 2014
raifuresu said:
Finally Pudding's time to shine! You go, my girl!! But I still HATE the fact that they gave her a dress in this version... it just doesn't look right, the original overalls with shorts suited her tomboy-ish style much better.

And that part where Kish kissed Ichigo and then said she tasted delicious... I sweat I could hear Cascada's "Bad Boy" playing in my head. lol

THIS THIS THISSSSSSSS
I want a remake for this Kisshu x Ichigo iconic AMV!!

And I think the same about Pudding clothes :((

Jul 20, 2022 1:52 PM

Nov 2014
Raven_Wingz said:
I feel like Mint got cheated on screen time and backstory...and she is my favorite so I'm disappointed. Still enjoying the show though.

And MINT WAS CLEANING THE FLOOR... LIKE, HOW??? THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!

Jul 20, 2022 1:54 PM

Nov 2014
spokenboot said:
Okay, I never really liked Aoyama and after this episode I'm definitely not going to change my mind. Shouting and then apologizing, you two aren't even dating yet.

But I must say I now remember why Kisshu was my first anime crush, lol.

Right? Masaya is much better now, I started liking him :D
But no one can never ever compete with Kisshu.

Jul 20, 2022 3:03 PM

May 2018
Tfw your first kiss was with a god damn dominatrix alien guy
Jul 20, 2022 3:57 PM

Mar 2012
oh yeah the forced kiss that made a lot of 8 year old girls (me included) root for you

klassik

raifuresu said:

this and s.o.a.p's romeo and juliet
Jul 21, 2022 7:45 AM

Oct 2015
Poor Ichigo, after looking forward in having her first kiss with Aoyama, instead Kish stole it. I understood her frustration, but I don't understand why she never transformed when Kish was about to Kill her. The guy was about to Kill her, on top he kissed her unwillingly, the best solution was to go berserk mode. Instead she was saved by Mint and lettuce.

At least the date wasn too bad, mainly because of the ending.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 22, 2022 2:31 AM

Jan 2012
Haha, win! Kisshu dude way to go =) Pet play scene was nice, though.
Jul 22, 2022 4:47 AM

May 2009
boy, do I miss Megumi Ogata voicing Aoyama... I feel like he has way less charm in this remake.
Jul 22, 2022 5:43 AM
Jan 2016
I'm definitely going to have to go back and rewatch the original soon. It was one of my favorite childhood anime, and with each episode of New that comes out, I feel more and more like it's just so bland this time around.

Mint has almost no personality.
Once you get past the shine of the new, more modern style, the animation doesn't even look that good.
It looks like this remake is only going to be 12 episodes, so I guess it's inevitable that it feels a little rushed, but the way the characters are getting introduced feels very formulaic. Maybe those in-between episodes in the original would technically be considered filler, but they really breathed life into the show. I'm not really attached to any of the characters in this version.
Duckielover151Jul 22, 2022 5:47 AM
Jul 22, 2022 9:39 PM
Dec 2019
Elior21 said:
ichigobunni said:
as somone who watched the original and rewatched recently i have to disagree with you in the kisshu part he was whole ass and creepy even in the kiss scenece also i dont understend what the problem with the whole scence and the kiss feel real

the vibes are a little different between the two where in the OG anime kisshu seems a lot more playful, still weird but kind of not as harsh if that makes sense. you don’t have to agree but for me it definitely felt a little off this time around.
Jul 23, 2022 2:55 AM

Jan 2015
I don't remember what Quiche's original voice sounds like but Nobuhiko fits him well. But I wish the animation was more expressive to fit the performance in that shot when he was about to stab Ichigo.

We still don't get to see Lettuce's transformation I guess. Her hair looks so compositionally empty without those iconic antenna of hers, it's almost as if she's bald xd

Thankfully Pudding's new transformation is better than Mint's, though I really miss the shots of the ribbons wrapping around her hands and going taut to create her gloves, and the new shot emphasizing her tail feels less bouncy. Plus the change in music/composer is getting really obvious and grating.

I guess they're lengthening everyone's outfits? I don't like Pudding's new dress but my meme mental image of Pudding in knee-length pants almost makes it look good in comparison lol. Her outfit looks so generic now though, they really traded out her cute individualistic leg warmers for normal knee-highs?

Aoyoma wtf lol

Jul 24, 2022 2:13 AM
Sep 2015
This episode's pretty solid! I'm pleasantly surprised, it's a huge step up from the first two.

In my quest to rewatch the entirety of the original alongside the remake, this episode changes and condenses the narrative in a fairly positive way. They merged the petting zoo episode, Pudding's introduction, and added in a cat cafe and a whole lot more character development to Aoyama (at this point in the original, I don't think he was even aware that they were dating, nevermind if he had return feelings). This episode also fixes the infuriating fact that Kishu only creates ONE monster of the week every episode by getting him to make a whole bunch and literally threaten to kill human Ichigo! Good on him. The cat protecting Aoyama seemed more important but I think it's just a one-off.

The addition of the bell to the riverside sunset "i'm mad that you ran away" scene was EXTREMELY KINKY MY GOD WTF

I mean, he also gives the bell to her in the original but it's much later on and the context is different. Also I don't think he literally got it from an animal 10 minutes ago. His possessiveness does make a certain amount of sense much later but with no context it's weird. Actually come to think of it all the main boys are weird around Ichigo. This is classic shoujo demographic wish fulfillment. I know. I was there.

Also unpopular opinion: the new voices are by far better. Aoyama and Kishu no longer sound prepubescent. Old Bu-ding's voice made me want to punch a child every time she spoke. It fits the more mature feel they're going for.
kikieeJul 24, 2022 2:16 AM
Jul 24, 2022 2:34 PM
Aug 2013
Best episode so far. Convinced me to watch the rest of the season.

Pudding was intolerable in the old anime. Here, she is pretty funny. Looking forward to meeting Zakuro!
Jul 27, 2022 9:58 PM

Sep 2012
Are people really getting triggered over what a kid is saying to another kid? Like, stop projecting and don't take it so seriously when it's meant to be a fantasy for kids.
Jul 30, 2022 6:57 AM

Feb 2016
Soo the episode was pretty fun, I liked it overall. I still have the feeling that everything is a bit rushed but I hope they'll find a way to cope with this.

Mew Pudding is cute as usual! I love both her "standard" and "transfomed" outfits, I think they really suit her (especially the color combination). The transformation sequence was ok, but I wish it was more vibrant. I also liked the cute Aoyama x Ichigo moments (except for the scene where he screamed for no reason like daaaamn you're not even dating yet, what was that 💀)

I'm a bit disappointed by the fact that Mint was totally forgotten in this episode for some reason...I mean if she doesn't have enough screen time, her whole character development won't be as impactful/interesting as in the old version
Aug 2, 2022 3:19 PM

Nov 2009

___ ___ ___

BTW, I think where the sub said "you taste delicious", I think he actually said "thanks for the meal" (as he's "eating her up" where the phrase is usually said before or after the act of "intimate actions" when referring toward a person)
amlgAug 2, 2022 3:43 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 3, 2022 4:09 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Now the yellow monkey girl is joining, why not only one left for the group to be complete... also that zoo date didn't go as expected of course but to give her a bell necklace LMAO he doesn't know how horrible it must be to wear this when it makes a sound every time you move, but whatever.
Aug 14, 2022 10:52 PM

Apr 2016
Really starting to feel the effect of cramming more content into less episodes. A lot happens in these episodes but none of it feels like it properly settles in, if that makes sense.

I'm seeing people saying Aoyama seemed a little abusive here and I don't think him raising his voice at Ichigo for disappearing is very concerning. It's understandable he'd be worried but him just putting a collar on Ichigo and being like "you're my kitty" is, to put it frankly, kinda cringe. It could be sweet and cute if they gave it more time for their relationship to flesh out but well, 12 episodes ain't much compared to the original.
Sep 18, 2022 10:28 AM
Sep 2015
Hmm not a bad episode per se, but very formulaic. Maybe it's because I've watched 90% of the mahou shoujo anime on MAL, but I'm so tired of introductory episodes.

Let's get the last girl to join and then the plot will finally begin.
Nov 26, 2022 6:28 PM
Aug 2018
imagine going on a second date with a guy and he puts a bell cat collar on you 😭
Jun 30, 2023 3:55 PM
Nov 2015
Ichigo is TOO obsessed with getting Aoyoma-san to love her. She needs to focus on school and being a super hero. Pudding's new outfit is not cute, but it is conservative for her age considering how her original outfit was. Kish is a creep
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2022

137 by White_Alice »»
Mar 19, 6:35 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2022

51 by Momoiro_Hime »»
Nov 27, 2023 12:25 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2022

49 by RobloxElie »»
Oct 19, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2022

20 by UsagiBloom »»
Jul 4, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2022

24 by UsagiBloom »»
Jul 4, 2023 9:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.