Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Mew Mew
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2022 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, an action based finale with lots of action featuring Ichigo and the team.

It felt similar to the previous episode but it is what it is. I felt kinda underwhelmed though as the episode just decided to go with a big fight. On the other hand, it did have its appeal of emotions with its cast, in particular with Ichigo again.

Oh and Season 2 announced.
Sep 20, 2022 8:29 AM

Jul 2017
In the end, this is your classical ending note that's stereotypical of most post-2000s Mahou Shoujo shows.

The Mews Mews working at their hardest to allay the Hybrid Anima: Dust Wyvern from the aliens. and Kish sure wants that closeness with Ichigo. It's almost as if like he's a yandere in that regard (which he is in the manga).

Despite the fake Mew Aqua bring destroyed by Kish, Mint finds one and with all her might, purifies the entire vicinity around the Tokyo Tower which the Dust Wyvern has been sputting poisonous gases, along with Ichigo getting a sizable upgrade to take down the monster. Although the latter has lost a valuable amount of time, while it may not be enough to make it to the concert date, Aoyama seeing her safe and sound is much more precious, along with the oh-so-typical confession under the rain with a hug.

Oh, this is surprising to get a Season 2 in Spring 2023, presumably to continue the manga's pacing since it's perfectly halfway.

In some ways, this remake is kinda of a disappointing one. Bring back an old series with new marketing, and that's all you can do to justify its existence.
KANLen09Sep 20, 2022 9:29 AM
Sep 20, 2022 9:42 AM
Jul 2015
A second season is required. And it was really delightful to listen the original opening of the first anime adaptation.
Sep 20, 2022 10:10 AM

Apr 2011
The slow version of My Sweet Heart playing in the end of the episode almost brought me to tears ngl.
Sep 20, 2022 10:11 AM
Sep 2015
I actually thought that this is gonna be a long series, turns out this is the last episode but there's season 2 announcement anyway so...

Aoyama is just too perfect, there's no way I won't upset if my date is late for an hour.
Sep 20, 2022 10:12 AM

Mar 2018
Didn't expect to hear "My Sweet Heart" playing at the end, what a wonderful way to end this season <3
PyonoponSep 20, 2022 10:18 AM
Sep 20, 2022 10:19 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Pretty weird way to end the episode, I thought there'd be a season 2 announcement at the end.
Mint got a moment to shine although it made Ichigo's powerup at the end kind of lose its meaning. It was nice to hear the old OP again, I definitely hope there's multiple versions of it and that it ends up youtube (official upload, obviously) sooner rather than later.
It's nice that Ichigo got to have her romantic moment in the end but in terms of action it was kind of disappointing. They somehow randomly learned to cover for one another? When? If there's a sequel I hope it's a little bit more entertaining, action-wise.

Edit: youtube delivered!!!!

RanacchiSep 23, 2022 4:53 AM
Sep 20, 2022 10:58 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice they could defeat that big moth and save the city and especially Aoyama and Ichigo confessed their love to each other in the end... also some teasing regarding the next opponent, up to the 2nd season, we'll see how it goes.
Sep 20, 2022 12:51 PM

Jun 2017
This episode was genuinely amazing and I really liked how they included *that* song in the end.
Signature.
Sep 20, 2022 1:11 PM

Nov 2019
Nice wrap up to the Tokyo Tower arc, the fight was fun to watch

Using the OP of the original anime...man I'm touched (and very teary ue)

Aoyama and Ichigo confessions finally!!!

Can't wait to see how they adapt the latter half of the series now that season 2's been greenlit

7/10 for me, a decent remake u.u,
Sep 20, 2022 1:12 PM

Dec 2012
I have no words and at the same time I have TOO MANY words!

This is my second favourite episode after ep 6, this was fantastic!!

The fighting is so dynamic, and I loved seeing how hands-on all the girls got in the fight. I had my doubts about giving Minto a "major decision" to make this late in the show, but tying it into her being able to sense the Mew Aqua was actually kinda genius! Minto's and Zakuro's shared arc came together so well,
and having Zakuro help Minto get to the Mew Aqua was also bloody genius!

As I've said from the beginning, I never cared much for Masaya & Ichigo's relationship growing up, but they've done them so much better this time. Their characters have been more interesting, and their interactions have felt way more natural, making this final scene so much more touching than it ever was in the manga (for me).

As I didn't watch the old adaptation I probably wasn't the one the "My Sweetheart" cover was really made for, but I was still crying my eyes out, it was a fantastic idea to put it in there!

I'm thrilled that we're getting season 2 as soon as April and can't waaaaaaaaaait~!
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Sep 20, 2022 2:12 PM

May 2014
not as good as the original but stilll cute and fun trip down memory laneee :3
Sep 20, 2022 4:22 PM

Jun 2017
It was ok overall but I'll be skipping S2. lol
Sep 20, 2022 4:32 PM

Dec 2013
It was great to finally see Mint be the MVP and kicking butt fighting, pretty excited for season 2 and man, Aoyama, that's a keeper, usually on this shows the love interest is whatever but here she doesn't deserve him instead lol.
Sep 21, 2022 10:39 AM

Oct 2008
hmmmm that's it??!? no kiss!!?!? LAME!!!!
3/5.
6/10.

Sep 21, 2022 4:30 PM

Mar 2014
The 1st season really feels underwhelming. Fighting was boring, characters are flat and this is just my personal opinion VA voice is not good (at first I didn't really think mich about it but as I keep hearing it I grew to dislike it. They sound like a 7 year old)

Now I just hope there's an improvement in s2

4/10
Sep 21, 2022 5:32 PM
Jan 2017
For now, the adventures of the Mew Mews come to an end as our heroines push themselves to their limits to save the day. Meanwhile, Ichigo has a beautiful interaction with Masaya that brings the season to a satisfying conclusion.

As much I enjoyed the comedy and the action of Tokyo Mew Mew, I feel the show is at its best when it focuses on character development. I'm glad this show got renewed for a second season because I can't wait to see what happens next.
Sep 21, 2022 6:50 PM
Jun 2015
E assim, a maior de todas as bocas foi derrotada lol

But why the aliens want to pollute earth if they already have a destroyed planet? Shouldn't they just want to get rid of humans to dominate the planet or something.
Also I don't get if Aoyama is just playing dumb at this point. Anyway, the show should be cancelled considering the state of the air in the surrounding areas.

Anyway, it was nice to watch this since I didn't really remember the og show. Just wished at least the bgs weren't so generic.
Sep 21, 2022 8:35 PM

Mar 2012
Ranacchi said:
Pretty weird way to end the episode, I thought there'd be a season 2 announcement at the end.
Mint got a moment to shine although it made Ichigo's powerup at the end kind of lose its meaning. It was nice to hear the old OP again, I definitely hope there's multiple versions of it and that it ends up youtube (official upload, obviously) sooner rather than later.
It's nice that Ichigo got to have her romantic moment in the end but in terms of action it was kind of disappointing. They somehow randomly learned to cover for one another? When? If there's a sequel I hope it's a little bit more entertaining, action-wise.
Season 2 is now confirmed.
Sep 22, 2022 7:09 AM

Nov 2017
Hated this remake, as expected when they remake 26 ½ episodes into a mere 12. Everything simply felt inferior to the 2002 version. It was rushed, making the characters and their relationships feel unnatural, Zakuro's voice actor didn't fit her at all, they skipped characters like the Blue Knight, moved things such as Ichigo turning into a cat earlier (and her cat form isn't as cute, but whatever), and it just wasn't enjoyable, nor did it carry any of the emotion the original did. The 2002 version also had it's issues, but it was still so great, lovable, and fun, that I can't help but feel salty from this.

As for the confession scene, it's one of my favourite confession scenes of all time (or maybe even scenes overall), but here I didn't feel anything.

At least they played a new version of the 2002 opening right before the confession, which I liked.
Sep 22, 2022 1:40 PM

Feb 2015
It was okay.

For being my first anime... I don't remember anything about the original story, heck maybe it wasn't as good as I thought lol but it wasn't for nostalgia and the fact I'm on a magical girl watching spree, I probably would've let my childhood anime stay in the past. maybe I should rewatch the original

Hopefully season 2 will be better.
iDensitySep 22, 2022 1:45 PM
Sep 22, 2022 7:44 PM

Dec 2012
Lexicoo said:
Hated this remake, as expected when they remake 26 ½ episodes into a mere 12. Everything simply felt inferior to the 2002 version. It was rushed, making the characters and their relationships feel unnatural, Zakuro's voice actor didn't fit her at all, they skipped characters like the Blue Knight, moved things such as Ichigo turning into a cat earlier (and her cat form isn't as cute, but whatever), and it just wasn't enjoyable, nor did it carry any of the emotion the original did. The 2002 version also had it's issues, but it was still so great, lovable, and fun, that I can't help but feel salty from this.

As for the confession scene, it's one of my favourite confession scenes of all time (or maybe even scenes overall), but here I didn't feel anything.

At least they played a new version of the 2002 opening right before the confession, which I liked.

At least do some research.

This was just the first season, loads of the things you're complaining about them "skipping" just hasn't happened yet. Also, this adaptation has stayed way closer to the source material a.k.a the manga than the 2002 version, and surprise, the manga's pacing and writing was never very good. You people really refuse to see good things in this adaptation due to your nostalgia for the old adaptation. As someone who never grew up with the 2002 version and only read the manga I can confidently say that they made some major improvements to the characters and pacing here, and they deserve due credit for that. You people make me loath the 2002 version more and more with every passing day, because now all I connect it to are bitter people with nostalgia glasses. No, the new adaptation is not perfect or great, but it's a good adaptation of the manga, maybe if you people mature a bit more you'll come to realise that one day.
Sep 23, 2022 1:22 PM
Mar 2010
I gotta agree with Crez. Have you ever read the manga? Or just stucked with the anime?? ( I know lexicoo won't reply to me cause, me sharing my opinion offended him/her....) the things you want to see or mention didn't even happen...they'll happen in S2
I loved the anime so much when MMP was airing that I wanted more, saw TMM was the real deal watched the till the end and decided to read the source material to see if there was major changes (because that's what adaptations do)
Yes the manga pace is super rushed and all but that's what happens when your source material is 7 volumes only ....
I've been trying to avoid commenting my opinion about the remake here...because doing it on tumblr and twitter is already too tired some with all of this negativity .....

The girls relationship in the remake feel much more real and stronger, in the original it feels Zakuro just joined the group because...well she had too, they saved her after all...
About the seiyuu's i wish people would stop sending negative comments.....IT'S THEIR FIRST JOB!! Saki Nakijima first role also was Ichigo Momomiya and she improved as the anime progressed.
Before saying rude comments about newbie VA's put yourself in their shoes and think if you can do a better job.
If they're dubbing the characters, its because they've won the audition vs millions of other girls and those 5 in the end were the best choice/winners.

You all praise loving TMM and Mia Ikumi but then trash on the remake WHICH WAS MADE UNDER HER GUIDANCE and had her involvement in the project with the purpose of developing the story and characters and was based on HER WORK.
FYI Studio Pierrot never contacted Mia Ikumi for guidance on the story or original episodes and that created some plot holes....All Ikumi was ever presented was in the recording sessions.

What kind of plot holes??
For example - The Mew Aqua Rod being Alien technology, the aliens having the technology to use and research for mew aqua but didn't use it to prior to heal the environment when the Earth began to give signs of "being ill" because?? They were able to create chimera animas to probably help with agriculture etc...
But never thought on how to use and explore the mew aqua potencial??
Another one - In the anime the pendants can be given by Ryou (to Ichigo) or by Masha to the other girls.
If Masha gave Minto and Purin their pendants......
How come Lettuce and Zakuro have one??
In Zakuro case was it Ryou?? Since Zakuro had contact with Ryou and Keiichiro I belief they gave her the pendant... But what about Lettuce?
Did Masha just dropped a Pendant near Lettuce?
Did Ryou sneaked one in her uniform?
Had him and Keiichiro felt like Lettuce was a good candidate? Because in the original anime no-one knew who the teammates were

The original is also good but not perfect, many of the fillers didn't develop the characters that deeply compared to Ichigo who keeps stealing the spotlight (which is normal because she's the leader) but c'mon ... Seiji gets introduced in episode 9, we never see him again,he's never referred again...not even in episode 49 when Minto asks her nanny what she would do if today was her last day on earth. What about your brother? aren't your curious? your nanny should know since she probably raised you both.
Many of the original anime episodes were a chapter or arc divided into split episodes
Examples .- the cruise episode was splited into
episode 5 - dance/ball scene
episode 19 - mew aqua introduction, lettuce mermaid transformation
episode 41 - lettuce rescuing ryou / rescuing a baby / purin sibiling in the remake

Episode 14 - meh, keiichiro moved on and even if you skipped this… Nothing in his characters foreshadows or mentions he had a gf

Eoisode 15 - was a great idea, nice way to introduce the new weapon. I hope we have a masha dedicated episode ♥

Episode 16 - ok.. I like lettuce but why? In context, the episode feels out of place

Episode 17/18 -wrong way to introduce the blue knight imo, i prefer the manga version. In the manga we actually get to understand why Aoyama created that alter-ego.

Episode 20 - great original episode, i hope the remake does something similar

Episode 21 - good episode, this could have been mentioned again in later episodes 42/3… Even if you skipped this episode you wouldn’t know something like this had happened because even when of their other members is about to leave no one mentions Minto’s struggles.

We see Minto is sad and feeling lost with the situation but honestly… Seems like episode 21 didn’t affect her.

Episode 22 - i wish it didn’t existed…

Episode 23 - ok.. But too much shoujo cliche…i like that in the remakes they have goals and dreams.

Episode 24 - meh episode overall but shows zakuro isn’t a cold person

And that’s all for now

I have high hopes for what Mia Ikumi has written for the characters and story development.

New Minto is sooo much better than the original and I’m glad Seiji is having more screen time

Some of the fillers are just that, fillers, to fill in space
Episode 5, 29 are good examples of traits they've added to Ichigo but never get used again in later episodes
Episode 44 ... it could have been more creative in so many ways....why did the aliens experiment only affected trees and bugs? why did all the girls got defeated easily except for Ichigo?? because leader...what makes her different from the rest?

BerryChanxSep 23, 2022 6:11 PM
Sep 23, 2022 5:08 PM
Oct 2019
I like how they showed more backstory for the aliens. As a kid they always made me sad since they basically live on a planet that seemingly has been destroyed by global warming. It shows a potential future for the human characters if they fail to take better care of the Earth, the environment and the endangered species (i.e mass extinction).

I wish that there was a bit more focus on that rather than the kind of cheesy romance with Aoyama (he had the funniest hatedom back in the day lol) and Kish lusting after Ichigo (although I guess that could be seen as a kind of escapism to detach himself from the hopeless situation).
Sep 23, 2022 6:01 PM
Mar 2010
About the rain scene changes
They deleted her line “God, please don’t stop the rain”. Because that wasn’t a romantic line, it came from her fear. She was afraid he could find out her ears, so she was hoping the rain lasted, so she could keep the handkerchief on her head. When Masaya hugged her for the second time in the manga, it was clear she was nervous and not relaxed at all, she didn’t even embrace him.

But the scene in the new anim fixed that. It’s shorter yes, but it’s genuine, without nervousness, they stay close and relaxed, she’s not scared at all, she can confess by looking at him in his eyes and not staying far away, then they fully embrace, and they can enjoy their declaration without being interrupted by something.
Sep 23, 2022 6:04 PM
Mar 2010
Emelie_ said:
I like how they showed more backstory for the aliens. As a kid they always made me sad since they basically live on a planet that seemingly has been destroyed by global warming. It shows a potential future for the human characters if they fail to take better care of the Earth, the environment and the endangered species (i.e mass extinction).

I wish that there was a bit more focus on that rather than the kind of cheesy romance with Aoyama (he had the funniest hatedom back in the day lol) and Kish lusting after Ichigo (although I guess that could be seen as a kind of escapism to detach himself from the hopeless situation).

In the original anime their homeplanet was earth, they've migrated into another planet with a harsh environment
From the planet red aspect, the meteorites surrounding it, harsh temperatures, living underground... Makes me think they've landed on Mars (how cliche 😂)
Sep 23, 2022 6:07 PM
Mar 2010
Emelie_ said:

In the original anime their homeplanet was earth, they've migrated into another planet with a harsh environment
From the planet red aspect, the meteorites surrounding it, harsh temperatures, living underground... Makes me think they've landed on Mars (how cliche 😂)
BerryChanx said:
About the rain scene changes
They deleted her line “God, please don’t stop the rain”. Because that wasn’t a romantic line, it came from her fear. She was afraid he could find out her ears, so she was hoping the rain lasted, so she could keep the handkerchief on her head. When Masaya hugged her for the second time in the manga, it was clear she was nervous and not relaxed at all, she didn’t even embrace him.

But the scene in the new anim fixed that. It’s shorter yes, but it’s genuine, without nervousness, they stay close and relaxed, she’s not scared at all, she can confess by looking at him in his eyes and not staying far away, then they fully embrace, and they can enjoy their declaration without being interrupted by something.

Also s2 will probably develop that, they gave us an early glimpse with lettuce flashback X3
That was so well played having the mew aqua retain the 🌎 memories
Sep 24, 2022 1:10 AM

Nov 2017
Crez said:
Lexicoo said:

This was just the first season, loads of the things you're complaining about them "skipping" just hasn't happened yet. Also, this adaptation has stayed way closer to the source material a.k.a the manga than the 2002 version, and surprise, the manga's pacing and writing was never very good. You people really refuse to see good things in this adaptation due to your nostalgia for the old adaptation. As someone who never grew up with the 2002 version and only read the manga I can confidently say that they made some major improvements to the characters and pacing here, and they deserve due credit for that. You people make me loath the 2002 version more and more with every passing day, because now all I connect it to are bitter people with nostalgia glasses. No, the new adaptation is not perfect or great, but it's a good adaptation of the manga, maybe if you people mature a bit more you'll come to realise that one day.

I should probably have clarified that my opinion doesn't come from any nostalgia, since I literally watched the 2002 anime in April this year. So yes, it is as great as I remember it being, but anyone that thinks that is of course objectively wrong and it's all because of nostalgia. I simply thought it was better and more enjoyable, but having differing opinions is fine, I don't expect everyone to agree with me. As for the things they have skipped, I of course don't think that they are actually going to skip them completely. They will probably appear later, but I do think when they are placed is important to enjoyment. And whether the remake has stayed closer to the manga or not does not matter at all for me. I'm an anime only, what I care about is how good the anime is, not whether it follows the manga perfectly. This is unless the manga does everything better of course, but you said yourself that the manga didn't have good pacing and writing, so shouldn't it be a good thing if the anime tries to improve on that? Maybe they improved the characters and pacing from the manga, but I certainly don't think they did so compared from the 2002 anime, but that's just an opinion.

I apologise for making you loathe the 2002 anime. I was indeed bitter when I posted my original comment, but I just wanted to rant. (And I guess I'm immature for not preferring this one???)
LexicooSep 24, 2022 1:24 AM
Sep 24, 2022 9:03 AM
Mar 2010
I hope NEW fixes the Mew Project Origins—because neither made sense in the manga or the anime
[spoiler] Shirogane father knows and mentions that chimeras are a danger thing and still affect humanity in the current days, HOW? Then he proceeds to re-awaken one? WHY?? If you knew the risks why do that? STOP PLAYING GOD!
We later know that the Mew Project is a secret scientific project created to develop Bio-Weapons to fight against’t an alien invasion...But could this have been Ryou’s parents initial thought?? Or there were other motives?
In the manga, the parents motives are never explained, we only know that Ryou memorized everything, the idea of turning the Mew Project into an Earth Defense system could even been his original idea and not his father...[/end of spoiler]
Did Ryou father in the anime expected an alien invasion ?? Why did he decide to genetically modify humans?!"

And if the aliens had advance techonology why couldn't they use the mew aqua?? THEY CREATED A WEAPON THAT USES IT!
AND WHY DID THEY IGNORED EARTH'S CLIMATE CHANGE SIGNS? If the original anime is better why did it create more plot holes?

And I explain why here
https://www.tumblr.com/berrychanx/696286712608014336/heres-somethings-i-hope-new-improves-ryous?source=share
Sep 24, 2022 11:23 AM
Mar 2010
For those who hated the reboot because it doesn't feel like the original....
Just know that Mia Ikumi herself was involved with the making of this project for 2 years before being announced!
A lot of the changes were her idea or approved by her. Characters’ personalities/backstories will be more fleshed out than they were in the manga (and the change in Minto’s introduction was made for her character arc).
You can read it all in this interview
https://thetv.jp/news/detail/1087866/
At least...the TMMN staff asked for her guidance ... Studio Pierrot only invited her to watch the recording sessions
Sep 25, 2022 6:22 AM

May 2015
The episode was good in term of story. But it's very infortunate that the animation was so poor in this remake...
Sep 25, 2022 4:18 PM

Jan 2011
This was a very medicore show with a weak main lead but the other girls were good enough to keep me watching.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Sep 25, 2022 8:10 PM

Jul 2012
I couldn't held my tears when I realized My sweet heart was playing in the background...
Sep 25, 2022 11:13 PM
Feb 2020
I especially want to watch the original now, especially with the theme there, to see how the phone scenes were done back then
Sep 27, 2022 5:06 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Thia was a nice reboot, but I forgot how tiring the whole romance thing can be in general. Masaya likes you, Kish likes you, Ryou likes you, Obese-drooling cat likes you... like dang. It's like, "Oh no here we go". I can deal with two people liking the MC, but more than that and I'm kinda like aaggh. Other than that, it was nice to kinda go through Tokyo Mew Mew again. It's kinda one of those shows that give you a little of everything, sometimes to a fault. I love maids, I like magical girls, and so it's kinda fun despite the romance stuff.
I smiled a bit hearing that familiar theme while she was running.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 29, 2022 2:29 PM

May 2018
Fine ending. One day we'll get a kiss haha

5/10
Sep 30, 2022 6:50 PM
May 2015
Same feeling as the original anime, closer to the manga, and updated for today
Oct 1, 2022 11:16 AM
Jun 2022
Not sure if Reiko Yoshida was also part of the team project but if not, it would’ve been better if she did alongside with Mia Ikumi since Ms. Yoshida was the one that helped did the writing for the first manga while Ms. Ikumi did the drawings. Since I’ve heard that Ms. Ikumi approved all those idea changes, it a little skeptical after reading her sequel manga of Tokyo Mew Mew A La Mode which did not do well in terms of storytelling in my own opinion.
Oct 2, 2022 4:50 AM

May 2010
Man, did not expect hearing My Sweet Heart in this series! Slowed version too, surprisingly good for an emotional moment.

Enjoyed this series quite a lot, haven't seen mahou shoujo series this good looking in a while. WAY better than the first anime too! Glad they decided two make this two cours, halfway through I was worried it's gonna be rushed. 6/10
Oct 3, 2022 6:02 PM

Nov 2008
Eh? I thought this anime was alright. 6/10
Oct 9, 2022 2:17 PM
Aug 2021
I LOVE THIS ANIME AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT THE STYLE AND THE PLOT 10000 OUT OF 10 I JUST CANT EXPLAIN HOW MUCH I LOVE IT!!!! <33
Oct 12, 2022 8:37 AM
Mar 2010
I've made a comparison (compilation) of the Animes adaptation (original and remake) VS the Manga
Like I mention (when it happens) the original took some ideas from the Manga and split it into different episodes which none were 100% accurate to the manga, I even explain each episode of the original adapts said chapter

LONG POSTS BTW

Episode 1 - https://www.tumblr.com/berrychanx/697450928619601920?source=share
Episode 2 - https://www.tumblr.com/berrychanx/697454758473220096?source=share
Episode 3 - Part 1 - https://www.tumblr.com/berrychanx/697461542040616960/tokyo-mew-mew-zoo-purin-episode-comparison-part
Part 2 - https://www.tumblr.com/berrychanx/697468119685464064/tokyo-mew-mew-zoo-purin-episode-comparison-part
Episode 4 - https://www.tumblr.com/berrychanx/697487336905359360/tokyo-mew-mew-episode-11-new-episode-4?source=share
Episode 5 - https://www.tumblr.com/berrychanx/697492940068716544/tokyo-mew-mew-episode-09-21-new-episode-5?source=share
Episode 6 -https://berrychanx.tumblr.com/post/697562191439740928/tokyo-mew-mew-epiosde-1112-new-episode-612-vs
Episode 7 - https://berrychanx.tumblr.com/post/697571861809250304/tokyo-mew-mew-episode-12-new-episode-7-vs-manga
Episode 8 - https://www.tumblr.com/berrychanx/697590699057627136/tmm-ep-71941-new-episode-8-vs-manga-comparison?source=share
Episode 9 - Original episode inspired on another ikumi manga called Koi Cupid -
https://berrychanx.tumblr.com/post/694042509948731392/tmmn-ep-9-references-mia-ikumi-other-works
https://berrychanx.tumblr.com/post/694104969904848896/still-related-to-koikyuu-and-tmmn-episode-9-as
Episode 10 - https://berrychanx.tumblr.com/post/697663734008692736/tmm-ep-17-28-new-10-vs-manga
Episode 11 - https://berrychanx.tumblr.com/post/697677745524801536/tmm-ep-2528-new-ep-11-vs-manga
Episode 12 - https://berrychanx.tumblr.com/post/697740410660028416/tmm-ep-25-2627-new-ep-12-vs-manga

Francois Part 1 - https://berrychanx.tumblr.com/post/697668229918867456/tokyo-mew-mew-francois-anime-vs-manga-part-1
Oct 15, 2022 6:32 PM
Dec 2012
Compared to the old series it lacked depth not only in the story but the characters as well.. Some cute moments from the original were revisited but its hard to appreciate it when they crammed 27 episodes into 12... so as a long time fan of the original, in my opinion it was just OK...I would still pick the first series over this.
Oct 17, 2022 12:28 AM

May 2019
The wave of nostalgia that hit at the end when they played the old opening nearly killed me. I was not prepared for that. I am satisfied with that season ending, can't wait for season 2!
Oct 18, 2022 1:10 PM

Oct 2012
My Sweet Heart playing at the end made me tear up. Dang!
Oct 23, 2022 8:49 AM

Sep 2015
really cute ending, honestly my sweet heart playing was the highlight of that. It was a great cover, looking forward to s2 tho i didnt find this as a whole amazing, but it was fine for me and pretty enjoyable as a fan of the og.
Dec 3, 2022 4:27 AM
Sep 2015
So they couldn't use the Mew Aqua they already had (which they found in the bottom of the ocean)?

I liked the OG version but the plot holes in this one are glaring. The male characters are not well written, especially Shirogane. He's very toxic and I'm concerned for all the fans who like him or even ship him with Ichigo.

5/10 I loved the cute transformations and colorful attacks. Not sure if I want to watch the second season when it comes out.
Feb 27, 2023 2:37 AM

Dec 2012
nifetiseBOY said:
So they couldn't use the Mew Aqua they already had (which they found in the bottom of the ocean)?

I liked the OG version but the plot holes in this one are glaring. The male characters are not well written, especially Shirogane. He's very toxic and I'm concerned for all the fans who like him or even ship him with Ichigo.

5/10 I loved the cute transformations and colorful attacks. Not sure if I want to watch the second season when it comes out.

What do you mean?

Mew aqua can only be used once, that's how it was in the manga as well. Any plot holes in this adaptation are also straight from the source material.

Jul 4, 2023 10:55 AM
Nov 2015
The season finale was super cute. I'm glad they were able to defeat the Moth, but why does Mint come off as the leader and not Ichigo? Anyways, glad Ichio and Aoyama are official and the ending theme I LOVED it's the opening theme of the classic anime. Just a good episode all around.
Oct 19, 2023 9:29 PM
Jun 2022
Lexicoo said:
Crez said:

I should probably have clarified that my opinion doesn't come from any nostalgia, since I literally watched the 2002 anime in April this year. So yes, it is as great as I remember it being, but anyone that thinks that is of course objectively wrong and it's all because of nostalgia. I simply thought it was better and more enjoyable, but having differing opinions is fine, I don't expect everyone to agree with me. As for the things they have skipped, I of course don't think that they are actually going to skip them completely. They will probably appear later, but I do think when they are placed is important to enjoyment. And whether the remake has stayed closer to the manga or not does not matter at all for me. I'm an anime only, what I care about is how good the anime is, not whether it follows the manga perfectly. This is unless the manga does everything better of course, but you said yourself that the manga didn't have good pacing and writing, so shouldn't it be a good thing if the anime tries to improve on that? Maybe they improved the characters and pacing from the manga, but I certainly don't think they did so compared from the 2002 anime, but that's just an opinion.

I apologise for making you loathe the 2002 anime. I was indeed bitter when I posted my original comment, but I just wanted to rant. (And I guess I'm immature for not preferring this one???)

I just want to add that it is not the nostalgic feelings that made some of us to dislike this new version. It’s that the 2002 did at least better (several people’s opinion wise) than the 2022. If the old version was bad enough, we would’ve maybe liked the new one better. But that is not the case here. You’re opinion is valid in my opinion

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2022

137 by White_Alice »»
Mar 19, 6:35 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2022

52 by FlinnV »»
Jan 9, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2022

51 by Momoiro_Hime »»
Nov 27, 2023 12:25 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2022

20 by UsagiBloom »»
Jul 4, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2022

24 by UsagiBloom »»
Jul 4, 2023 9:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.