Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 1, 2021 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Lol poor Komi. I think she may have been overwhelmed when simply trying to order food.

Nakanaka is also back and she's hilarious. I love how the episode gave her time to shine and showing her skills in video games. She should hang out more with Komi and the others imo.

Apr 2020
So Inaka is from the countryside and she also admires Komi-san, she seems to be hiding the fact that she is a bumpkin.

Nakanaka's room looks very chuunibyou, after all she is a chuunibyou. I guess I saw the Re:Zero parody poster in Nakanaka's room, lmao.

Dayum, ngl this is really cute!

Jun 2019
Starting with Inaka and she is a cute girl as well... Seeing someone go through that kind of experience reminds me of someone. LOL. Inaka daydreaming about being cute. So precious. Sabowey has great stuff btw. Then, Komi-san gets invited over to play video games by Nakanaka. Didn't understand what's going on but trying her best to mix up with them was cute to see. LOL. But hey, she had fun.

The part with Komi-san's part-time job was so good as well. She getting anxious about the situation she was in was very relatable. She was almost about to cry. Poor kid... But you know what... when you have a friend as Tadano on your side, there's no need to worry about anything. What an awesome friend and a great guy. Another great episode.
Dec 1, 2021 8:53 AM

May 2020
Even if it all was a misunderstanding, atleast Inaka proceeded a step further to become a city girl LMAO.

And of course Nakanaka waited at the entrance the whole time,as Komi coming over your house is nothing than a feat itself lol. They had a lot of fun playing games, so yeah something good for her to remember for a long time.
Dec 1, 2021 9:04 AM
Jul 2017
Another chill episode today.

Started from Inaka, who has communication disorder because she don't want everyone know she's from countryside, which she thinks making her bullied. Because of that, she tries to imitate how city girl does. Thus, she follows Komi ordering Sabowey (Subway's parody) which shows, still, other people misinterpret Komi's action. It ended by Inaka decided to buy one and, damn you Najimi, you made Komi cry twice, by the SAME, DAMN, REASON.

Then, we got Komi invited to Nakanaka's house. Well, it doesn't went well for her since she couldn't understand Komi that makes her break her chuuni character and decided to invite Najimi to break to silent of the situation. Unexpectedly, Najimi brought Tadano too. Nakanaka, absolutely, feel embarassed when Tadano, a boy, entering her, a girl, room. But, Najimi assures her that Tadano's presence is weak (that already implied on episode 7), so that it feels like Tadano doesn't exist there. They decided to play parody of Smash Bros. Starting from here, there is two group made, Nakanaka and Najimi fighting against each other, and Tadano help Komi understands the game mechanism. It ended with Nakanaka enjoy her time playing with her friends.

Some days later, Komi help Najimi give free tissues, which Komi struggles to do at first since it's her first time doing this, but thanks to a woman that needed tissue, she got others attention where the people want Komi's tissues. Out of nowhere, Yamai appears, again. But this time, she helps Komi by making peoples make a line to make Komi able to give tissues easier. The job ended, they parted ways. But, Komi wondered why Najimi said split three, which, revealed that the third person is Tadano, who's really getting hot inside the mascot suit. RIP Tadano.

The next scene, Komi really scared because all of her friends have "something" on their face, which revealed that it was a dream. But, Komi's fear returned after her seeing Tadano really have "something" on his face.

Some time later after that scene, Komi saw Tadano always call Najimi "Najimi", not "Osana-san". Because of that, Komi wanted Tadano to call her "Shouko". Tadano, either because of his low self esteem or not, really embarassed to call her "Shouko". Then, Najimi ask Komi to call Tadano "Hitohito", which ended in the same result. It ended by Najimi could call Tadano "Hitohito" and address Tadano have "something" on his face.

Just like I said on the first paragraph, it's just another chill episode, which, shouldn't have problem it exist since this is SoL anime, where we're shown how our characters do things day by day.

No manga section below today.
Dec 1, 2021 9:53 AM

Aug 2013
Haha. These puns are funny.
Even if her surname name is written 井中 (instead 田舎), it's still pronounced Inaka. Inaka (田舎) Nokoko (のこ子) = "kid from the countryside" (or, more liberally, a "country bumpkin"?).
rsc-plDec 1, 2021 9:57 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 1, 2021 11:32 AM
Dec 2014
Is it just me or the character that komi uses looks a lot like frieren? i dont remember if it was like that in the manga but looked like a nice touch
Dec 1, 2021 2:56 PM
Feb 2021
the anime is very good but... of fuck i hate so much agari and her dog caractere this is so disgusting i feel so much pity
Dec 1, 2021 3:57 PM

Dec 2013
A character with a non standar japanese dialect, one of my many weaknesses, Inaka was as cute as I thought she would be and an episode with Nakanaka is a good episode in my book.

maiLLiam said:
the anime is very good but... of fuck i hate so much agari and her dog caractere this is so disgusting i feel so much pity

Yeah, she is the only character that I don't really like.
Dec 1, 2021 4:20 PM

Jun 2021
The Subway, Playstation 2 and Super Smash Bros. ripoffs were hilarious XD
Nice episode, it makes me happy to see a more determinate Komi-san, and I also like that a new character was added.
Dec 1, 2021 6:22 PM

Jul 2016
That "Smash Bros." fight alone had far better animation than the entirety of Shaman King 2021.

Loved Nakanaka's room, by the way.
Dec 2, 2021 12:52 AM
Aug 2021
Country gal's rather cute. Why is Najimi asking Komi to get such a complicated "Sabowey" sandwich lol. That's far too advanced for her.

So Nakanaka's an otaku (that was quite obvious I guess). I like her outfit a lot. Love how the video game is just Mario on steroids XD
Dec 2, 2021 1:05 AM

Oct 2017
Inaka san is a country girl through and through but she's amusing. Their visit to Nakanaka's house was quite amusing too.
Dec 2, 2021 1:48 AM

Mar 2021
Nanaka is a woman of culture. She has poster of Re:zero (maybe Akira too) and a desktop wallpaper of an anime girl.
Dec 2, 2021 2:58 AM

Nov 2011
I would Kill for a Sabowey Sandwich. Only for Top Tier individuals lmao.

Another very good episode. I am still in awe with Koga Aoi and her performance being Komi.

It is nice that they are adding some lines for her to day, but I just am in love with all the "peeps" and "gasps" Komi makes.

A lot of anime and Video game references in this episode as well. Komi as Princess Zelda...top tier lol.

Komi and Tadano make an attempt to say each others Names...cute as hell
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 2, 2021 4:29 AM
Oct 2019
Inaka new girl, is that Kansai Dialect? (usually what i know from other Anime, if people coming from countryside)

oh my god this episode is sponsored by Subway Sandwich... lol

that Re Zero poster in Nakanaka room, and they play Smash Bros...

bocomo, that was parody of docomo, it was a mobile phone operator.
that giving away tissue was a marketing trick for an ads.

how many sponsorship was made this episode lmao
Dec 2, 2021 5:57 AM
Jul 2018
Very good episode, and it was really funny.
And mainly that komi-San dream was hilarious and after it came true. Overall great episode.
Damn there were so many censorship!!
Dec 2, 2021 6:42 AM

Jul 2017
September 1st, the day of the school reopening and melancholia resets itself after Summer Break.

The country girl Inaka Nokoko makes her appearance, and whatever she does, it certainly does not fit her bumpkin style. Comparing herself to the city girl Komi with Najimi asking her to go order a Subway Sabowey meal, here's another chance for Komi to redeem herself with the close shave of the Starbucks part in an earlier episode...which sadly results in the same way of the wrong order lols.

Even Komi has a hard time coming up with a text to be invited to Omoharu Nakanaka's house, and she's indeed an Otaku and a Chuunibyou through and through with all the anime poster references. Welp, Komi shouldn't be the only one to play around, and both Tadano and Najimi are also invited to play Super Smash Bros. lols. Tadano is being patient with her, which also helped her win once.

The part-time work at NTT Docomo bocomo, and Komi is a goddess while everyone just passes her by, only to regret it. Thankfully, this one girl Hoshiko Teshigawara (literally "a girl who really wants tissues") needs it from her, and everyone followed suit. Welp, I didn't know that Tadano was the one in the bear suit lols.

Welp, there's something on Tadano's face, and Komi got all scared to tell him anything lols. Even Najimi and the others have the same mole-like dot on their faces, and Komi being sent to a frenzy is just too fun to neglect. Thankfully it was a dream though. And Komi got too excited by him always calling Najimi by his/her name, and Komi wants it the same. Najimi can call Komi by her first name Shouko, but asking Tadano would be too forceful because...you get the meaning. Same backwards with Komi to Tadano, and like Tadano, she's too embarrassed to say it loud.

Haha, nice episode. The sports festival episode is next, and be prepared for more wacky moments!
Dec 2, 2021 7:42 AM

Feb 2019
maiLLiam said:

Same, however, I do hate Yamai more.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Dec 2, 2021 7:51 AM

Jul 2021
maiLLiam said:
yup i just feel sad watching her character, i know they want us to take it in a funny way but still i don't like seeing her like that, i would like if she was given more screen time and became an actual friend of komi san rather than her dog??

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 2, 2021 7:52 AM

Feb 2014
I enjoyed Inaka and her constant daydreaming scenarios as she found inspiration of Komi. Speaking of which, Komi's trip to the knock-off Subway to get lunch for Najimi was pretty cute, too.

As for Nakanaka, she's a proper otaku looking at her collection of anime posters and she was kind enough to invite Komi over, with Najimi and Tadano joining shortly afterwards. I loved the Super Smash Bros parody game they were playing, although seeing "Mario" and "Luigi" in competitive one-piece swimsuits was amusing and cursed at the same time! XD

Of course, the cutest part of the episode was when both Komi and Tadano tried to call each other by their first names. Sadly, the pair of them just couldn't achieve that objective, but it was sweet to see them trying their best. =)
Dec 2, 2021 7:52 AM

Apr 2019
davidyodo24 said:
Inaka new girl, is that Kansai Dialect? (usually what i know from other Anime, if people coming from countryside)

It might be, but I doubt it is. From what I know, Kansai dialect sentences usually end with something like "ya". Every time Inaka spoke, she said "be" at the end. cmiiw
Dec 2, 2021 7:54 AM

Jul 2021
another fun and wholesome episode, i especially liked the last part of this episode, komi san wants tadano kun to call her by her first name, it was a cute and fun interaction, really liked this episode too. can't wait for the next episode.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 2, 2021 8:11 AM
May 2019
kdfjhfd holy shit i was not expecting that random interlude drawing of Komi dressed as the little match girl. gosh now the mental image of her freezing to death is stuck in my head
Dec 2, 2021 8:38 AM
May 2021
Every pause in this show were really hard tho, nice execution in this episode
Dec 2, 2021 9:13 AM

Nov 2016
Inaka is so adorable. Embrace being a country bumpkin girl.

Nakanaka was also pretty funny again this episode. I love it when a series has such a diverse cast.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 2, 2021 9:22 AM
Nov 2016
The Smash Bros part was so fucking cringe. I'll never understand the popularity of that crap.
Dialect girl was awesome tho. Also, just let Najimi write down the ingredients of his/her Subway Sandwich if he/she has to make Komi a goofer. We already had that once with a Frappucino and that wasn't funny either. Just mean.
Dec 2, 2021 11:34 AM

May 2021
Great episode! We got to see more Nakanaka the awesome chuunibyou this episode and Komi handing out tissues. Honestly, I kind of understand why Komi didn't have any friends-all the people around her are extremely weird xD.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Dec 2, 2021 12:34 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
Nothing too special happens this week. Just more of a chill episode with some developments on previous episodes eg Komi ordering Subway instead of Starbucks, hanging out with Nakanaka etc.
Dec 2, 2021 1:12 PM

Jun 2021
Poor Tadano in that polar bear costume :o Did anybody else notice the Re: Zero Easter egg?
Dec 2, 2021 1:57 PM
Jan 2019

Yeah!

Can't figure out the other four though...
Dec 2, 2021 2:36 PM
Nov 2016
^Akira, some Mahou Shoujo show, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, ReZero, some Gundam. Perhaps ?!
Dec 2, 2021 3:16 PM

Sep 2018
I'm a bit surprised how quickly this show lost it's appeal. Just more of the same old shaking, big eyed, no mouthed Komi-san not saying anything and barely doing anything. These characters aren't anything to write home about either unfortunately.
Dec 2, 2021 3:24 PM
Jul 2018
Oh Komi is very popular among the staff at your school.

Nakanaka a very character chuunibyou, I think she's a good character!!.
Dec 2, 2021 3:29 PM

Aug 2020
Inaka Nokoko is the new character of the episode. She's shy and wants to be like Komi, and also so cute ^___^
She was after Shouko, waiting her order the sandwich. Turns out Komi picked the wrong one, but this is Najimi's fault lol

Komi, Najimi and Tadano (who we discover later) took part in a job to give tissues to the people around. As expected, Komi had some trouble with it. But later a group of people formed a queue to receive tissues from her haha

Nakanaka might have gotten closer to Shouko here (I guess), and it was nice to see the friends playing games.

Tadano had problems prounoucing Komi's first name, and so had she with him. I hope later they will break this barrier.

Dec 2, 2021 4:30 PM

Aug 2020
my comfort anime every week. Seeing Komi-san try her very best in communicating fires me up too. Nice ep

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Dec 2, 2021 8:02 PM

Jun 2019
It continues to lack that next gear to keep things fresh. As such, the past few episodes have felt like the show is spinning its wheels. It still gets some chuckles out of me, but even SOL shows need some progression no matter how minor. Even though Komi has gotten more friends, she hasn’t gotten actually improved very much (or at all).
Dec 2, 2021 8:15 PM
Nov 2019
I'm amazed at this show's ability to make anything and everything as dramatic as possible. Even things s simple as ordering food, giving out tissues, or telling someone to wipe their face. The knock-off Smash Bros scene was the funniest bit of the episode.
Dec 2, 2021 8:48 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014

I know its impossible but what Frieren is doing here? lol
Dec 2, 2021 10:34 PM

Feb 2014
Haire04 said:

Yeah!

From left to right:
1)no idea about that one
2) Date a Live
3)Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
4)Re:Zero
5)Guren Lagann
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 3, 2021 1:06 AM

Jun 2020
I feel kind of a bit bad that Komi is ordered by Najimi to buy things for her but at the same time I like these scenes and when she's about to cry and they apologize right ahead is priceless

They do be gaming Komi gaming god damn it I hate that I said that, But at least they're having fun, and as I expected Komi doesn't know how to play and it was so hilarious every time she does something especially hitting Tadano and her feeling bad about it

I had a feeling Tadano was the one inside that mascot suit, Forgot Komi's first name is Shouko it is a cute name.
Dec 3, 2021 3:57 AM

Apr 2021
Good episode!!! And yeah we got a new character Inaka the country Gal!!!!
Lol I really wanted them to call each other by their first names but well looks like they'll do it some other time.....the gaming part was fun too :D
Dec 3, 2021 6:24 AM
Sep 2018
dasprn said:
Haire04 said:

Yeah!

From left to right:
1)no idea about that one
2) Date a Live
3)Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
5)Guren Lagann

Guessing 1 might be Godzilla? Idk...

2 is defintely Madoka though ("Yasei Shoujo Mimi Kemono"). Matches the poster down to the fonts. The difference is just the number of people on the poster
Dec 3, 2021 5:39 PM
Oct 2021
I absolutely loved the 9th episode especially since Nakanaka came back again and Inaka is so adorable and please tell me I'm not the only one that finds Nakanaka so similar to Fishel.
Dec 3, 2021 6:24 PM

Dec 2018
jrbabwkp said:
dasprn said:

From left to right:
1)no idea about that one
2) Date a Live
3)Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
5)Guren Lagann

Guessing 1 might be Godzilla? Idk...

2 is defintely Madoka though ("Yasei Shoujo Mimi Kemono"). Matches the poster down to the fonts. The difference is just the number of people on the poster

I'm sure the 1st one is Akira

Dec 4, 2021 5:47 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Countryside girl actually had their own charm. Wtf that girl talking about? Be more confidence! Well, thats sure become a lesson for you! Yeah, that Najimi apologizing feels like a dejavu to me xd.

Ah, best girl appeared again. Nakanaka should've invite Komi more to play the game. But, considering she's not that type of person. Let the game played by Najimi, and stay out of Tadano quality time with Komi. Nice poster, tho.

Imagine having a name: I Need Tissue. But, when i thinking about it, there's a person on my country which had weirdge name too, like Radio, or even, God, if im not mistaken it. Thank you very much for make me remembered that shite, anime.

That's when the dream becomes true. What about added a little bit of spice by letting them called their first name? Alright, nope, lets return to the usual again. Literally me when watching them: wtf they've done there!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 4, 2021 7:40 AM

Jan 2018
Inaka is a country bumpkin and her speaking style directly reflects that. It's weird how well I got that even though I'm not Japanese and have no real idea how Japanese countryside people talk compared to city people. Playing on another stereotype I guess. I don't like her obsession towards becoming like a city girl. She should just be herself.

It was fun inside Nakanaka's house. Should be more scenes of Komi-san interacting with unfamiliar technologies. The ending segment was heartwarming.
Dec 4, 2021 12:50 PM

May 2009
Nice posters parodies: Akira, Madoka with umamusumes, LoGH, Re:Zero and TTGL.

lucio54 said:
I know its impossible but what Frieren is doing here? lol
ultramega_0k said:
Is it just me or the character that komi uses looks a lot like frieren? i dont remember if it was like that in the manga but looked like a nice touch

Smashbros character Komi used in manga was Zelda parody but here they changed her into Frieren. It's biggest hit new manga from Weekly Shounen Sunday, same magazine.
Edit aw shit, she is Friered combined with Suya-hime
bastek66Dec 5, 2021 6:32 AM
Dec 4, 2021 3:52 PM
Jan 2021
Poor Tadano have to deliver tissue in that outfit.
finally an episode with no yaiami.
Dec 4, 2021 6:49 PM

Jan 2011
can't wait for a student to show up that actually isn't gushing over komi-san this new one added next to nothing outside of she has a accent because shes a bumkin

the sounds komi make continue next to the visuals be my favorite part about this lol
had to remind myself of the quality once i saw the smash bros fight
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Oct 6, 2021

363 by FlexDaddy24 »»
Jun 13, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2021

175 by tinykoo7 »»
May 22, 6:18 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2021

115 by JVskunkape »»
May 20, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2021

90 by JVskunkape »»
May 20, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2021

223 by JVskunkape »»
May 20, 5:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.