Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 19, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yuuri is going through some shit in her life...and it's not pretty.

She also faced a creepy guy who took downn his pants. Jesus Christ, this show and its gimmicks. Episode was weird as hell. I felt bad that Yuuri had to fight such a creep.
Jul 19, 2021 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
hmmm, was really close to dropping this but that ending with the team battles could be interesting so i guess ill stay a bit longer...
Jul 19, 2021 10:50 AM

Jun 2019
This episode was solely focused on Yuuri, another participant in the game. Her life was pretty rough from the looks of it. Having such a mother can be really bothering and then that poor little kid with her mother's new boyfriend. The kid suffered the same as her.

And, then that fight... Oh my god. I never felt so uncomfortable in my life. What the hell was that? That motherfucker... I have no words. What a creep. I'm glad she beat the shit outta him. Five-on-Five team battles seem interesting to me.
Jul 19, 2021 10:55 AM

Jul 2017
The Sophist Akira's 5-second battle is done, now it's Yuuri Amagake's turn to face hers.

Yuuri's backstory of a shitty life that has "random chances" of not working out, once it is Kageki Shoujo's Ai Narata, now it's Yuuri who faces the exact same circumstances as well. Seeing her take care of the abused kid who's been kept as a leftover of sorts, she's the same as Yuuri.

Her ability to multiply her powers by 4X, making her a Demon God, though escaping this death battle game is nowhere near the levels of escape. Going against Kiryu Kazuto, a psychotic pervert in her 1-on-1 battle, that's an ability which I wish wouldn't be granted with one. Even more so for him to pull down his pants, welp, should I laugh unknowingly for how bad and nonsensical it looks and feels? For Yuuri to face an opponent such as this creep, enemies have large diversities, and there'll be more across the board incoming.

This is truly Assassination Classroom mixed with Darwin's Game ideals.

At least this episode goes down to a slow pacing to flesh out the story and plot more, which is all good for me. So now, Program No. 2: 5-on-5 team battles. Well...
Jul 19, 2021 10:59 AM
Dec 2015
this is the worst think that can happen to the mc
team battle can fuckup his mystry power and can expose him
Jul 19, 2021 11:03 AM

Apr 2014
Another example of trash mother and stepfather. Poor little Riria and Yuuri.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 19, 2021 11:09 AM

Jan 2021
Decent episode. At least compared to the first one, I think.

This episode was basically just explaining Yuuri's backstory and showing her first fight. It was an extremely creepy backstory, almost as creepy as the guy she had to fight. Seriously, that was really messed up.

Yuuri's ability is just another take on "super strength/speed" I guess, but I personally like that kind of abilities in anime so it's all good. Akira's ability is way more interesting though, and unlike Yuuri who acts purely on emotion, Akira seems like a professional strategist.

I would've preferred if they kept this episode shorter since it seems like the next episode will be a lot more interesting, but there's more next week, I guess.

Looking forward to seeing how Akira will hide his true ability in front of his last opponent, since if it gets out, he'll be at a huge disadvantage against anyone who knows.
Jul 19, 2021 11:14 AM

Jan 2008
Is it just me, or did they remove most of the fanservice from the manga?
Jul 19, 2021 11:23 AM

Jan 2021
Hmm, this episode has left me disgusted.... It started well but the fight almost bordered on hntai .-.

I don't know what to think, I need one more episode to give an initial opinion on this, at least the 5vs5 battles sound interesting...
Jul 19, 2021 11:33 AM

Dec 2010
I'll never understand how they get the idea that nerfing or completely removing fanservice scenes will somehow benefit their sales. This kind of story is intended for horny teenagers so it seems counterproductive to me. Adding to that, crunchyroll even censored an important plot point (lolis injured back) which was uncensored in the japanese broadcast. Will probably drop this after all.
Jul 19, 2021 11:38 AM

Jan 2008
DarkDooM2 said:
Adding to that, crunchyroll even censored an important plot point (lolis injured back) which was uncensored in the japanese broadcast.

Now THAT was dumb because it actually took me a while to figure out what the scene was supposed to mean. And why the fuck did they censor that anyway?
Jul 19, 2021 11:52 AM

Nov 2016
The circumstances leading up to Yuuri's death, tho 😂 Talk about no good deed goes unpunished.

That ugly bastard was next level too.

Looking forward to the team battles.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 19, 2021 11:56 AM
Apr 2021
nice eps, they censored the beating marks, woulda gave it a dark anime vibe, cat bitch annoys me tho.
Jul 19, 2021 12:36 PM
Feb 2021
I feel bad for yuuri and riria ... hope they meet again soon in the future.. so far the episodes are not bad..
Jul 19, 2021 12:39 PM
Nov 2019
the whole scene with the ugly bastard looks like its straight out of hentai lmao NTR and old bastard intensifies

I feel bad for the female mc but I seriously hope she killed that weirdo , also why the fuck would you go on the other side of a railing to try and safe a mentally unstable person from jumping ?
Jul 19, 2021 12:55 PM
Jun 2021
loving this anime so far
Jul 19, 2021 2:37 PM

Apr 2015
Feels pretty sickening what Yuuri had to go through. A wise man once said: "There's no such thing as coincidence." Yuuri is the perfect victim fitting for that line.

When I saw who she had to pair up with, I got instant ugly bastard/ntr flashbacks. He had to go, especially after seeing his small backstory. Good on Yuuri she managed to kick him down a notch. Her Ability seems pretty OP but it makes her bad-ass!!

DarkDooM2 said:
I'll never understand how they get the idea that nerfing or completely removing fanservice scenes will somehow benefit their sales. This kind of story is intended for horny teenagers so it seems counterproductive to me. Adding to that, crunchyroll even censored an important plot point (lolis injured back) which was uncensored in the japanese broadcast. Will probably drop this after all.

Sounds to me that I better read the manga of this. The plot point that got censored, you can correct me if I am wrong, since I am assuming here:
CeddyyBearrJul 19, 2021 2:42 PM
Jul 19, 2021 2:47 PM

Jan 2014
Won't lie. I get some Btooom vibes in some places with this show. From the idea of a 'game' to how some of the backstories are. But so far, been really enjoying it. Really feel for Yuuri, hope she survives.
Jul 19, 2021 3:06 PM

Apr 2018
Well they're all in one room, hopefully they won't start killing each other.
Yuuri's kinda overpowered with that ability

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 19, 2021 3:46 PM

May 2015
Gave it 2 episodes and 3 isn't going to happen. Crappy art, annoying characters and a generic plot do not a good anime make.
Jul 19, 2021 4:43 PM
May 2021
It was an okay episode. Last weeks was better. From reading the other replies it seems a lot has been censored from the manga. I might just read that instead.
Jul 19, 2021 5:12 PM

Jan 2021
I really wonder why we got a whole backstory for the ugly bastard but whatever it was a fine ep

Never watched as much anime as I wanted to
Jul 19, 2021 5:13 PM

Jun 2014
Yuuri had a crappy past before being selected for this death battle. From being poor, to having a shitty mom, to that shitty mom constantly fucking around with equally shitty dudes, and then also dealing with that stalker that killed her along with himself.....yeah, talk about drawing the short end of the stick. Her battle against that creep made me uncomfortable, so it was great seeing her beat his ass. Need that to happen to all the weirdos that are actually like that in real life. Group battles next, that could be interesting.

Also, as others have pointed out, I wonder why they censored Riria's back. Even with the censorship, I was able to immediately figure out that they were implying that she was abused, I'm just curious as to why they felt the need to censor it.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jul 19, 2021 5:19 PM

Jun 2016
In terms of abilities, that one-on-one fight was a tad bit unfair. It was still funny regardless cause of how idiotic it was. Her ability also seems op.

So if Yuuri and Akira both died and that's how they got chosen, how did the pervert die? Did he get a little too excited or something... assuming, of course, people are chosen at their moment of imminent death.

Couldn't care less about Yuuri's backstory or the old man's either.

Jul 19, 2021 6:12 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
This is one of those anime that I don't have much concern for any one of the characters. Maybe Yuuri has some character magnetism but she would be the only one. The Cat Lady's voice is pure torment (I forgot to turn off the sound this week...sigh). So far, this series is just a time filler. Not particularly bad nor interesting. It's more like "I watched it to run my anime count up" type of series. LOL
Jul 19, 2021 6:35 PM
Jul 2018
Yuuri's past revealed is very tense the conflicts about those happenings about that man who is Yuuri's mother's lover, that determination to return to her world is incredible.
Jul 19, 2021 7:05 PM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
Way better 2nd episode.
I like this alot so far way better than the first episode.
I am going to Guess all that censored for that little kid probably was scars?
Looking forward to this 5v5 too
I'm sure it's gonna be great
Jul 19, 2021 7:14 PM
Mar 2020
The only saving grace this anime has so far is that the idea of the MC's ability could actually lead to some pretty intricate mind games. With a lack of the MC in episode 2, and with Yuuri having a pretty common and overused backstory, I must say I wasn't a huge fan of this episode, but I am still holding out hope for the coming episodes.
Jul 19, 2021 7:55 PM

Jan 2021
I feel bad for Yuuri, but also for that little kid because now Yuuri isn't there to help her out and possibly protect her from their trainwreck of a family

Jul 19, 2021 8:33 PM
Jun 2021
I dont like this episode because the female MC back story
Jul 19, 2021 8:59 PM
Sep 2019
This has been interesting so far
The animation reminds me of the one’s within.
I like death battle games or types similar to that and this is the same type
Jul 19, 2021 9:38 PM

Oct 2016
Good episode! Yuuri's backstory is pretty fucked, a kind person surrounded by shitty people. I am guessing Riria has a bunch of scars under all that smoke. I hope that dude Yuuri faced fucking dies, death to ugly bastards. Looking forward to the team battles.
Jul 19, 2021 10:06 PM

Nov 2019
i like that blonde girl she kinda reminds me of nao tomori from charlotte.

SHSL_simp said:
I really wonder why we got a whole backstory for the ugly bastard but whatever it was a fine ep

LOL
yeah that was kinda… but it wasn't a horrible episode so like you said whatever

Ellenwitch said:
Won't lie. I get some Btooom vibes in some places with this show. From the idea of a 'game' to how some of the backstories are. But so far, been really enjoying it. Really feel for Yuuri, hope she survives.

yeaaah i get btoom vibes too
and the mc and blonde remind me of the two lover mcs from btoom not really personality wise though just the way they look.

spaesu said:
hmmm, was really close to dropping this but that ending with the team battles could be interesting so i guess ill stay a bit longer...

i feel you im kinda on the verge of dropping this too but i kinda like the two main characters so far so ima stick around. and ig the concept of the show like the story isn’t too bad its enough to keep me watching.

Mod Edit: Merged double posts
NoLiferSoulJul 20, 2021 1:44 PM
Jul 19, 2021 11:23 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yuuri just happened to coincidentally against the pervert disgusting old man with no other ability rather than smelling his opponent. Fuckin wtf battle situation. Ofc she won cause the damn quintuple strength actually quite op. Still, this choice of opponent kinda sus. Were they try to let the subject test also overwhelmed their past, or something like that similar? While the mc case kinda be just an introduction of his ability only. No way, its may just my wild guess. But, well, i know nothing. The whole episode actually kinda strange my brain so hard. The next episode also be weird, already second program, and the battle format kinda not convincing me. Because i feel like, its resembling some of the battle format i recognize. Hopefully its wrong, and not so meh. Even the opponent also very easy to predict. The glasses girl, and that pink lady, like i said previously. They really grant my request, i see.

Well, for now, its still below my average. Lets see if its top off my expectation next....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 19, 2021 11:54 PM

Oct 2017
So that's how the abilities work eh, that's messed up. Also Yuuri backstory was messed up too.
Jul 20, 2021 12:00 AM

Oct 2008
Yuuri totally wrecked that muscular hentai deviant pervert!!!
so next is team battle huh... i wonder if Akira's gonna give-up the truth about his ability, that's gonna be a handicap for him in the future...
4/5.

Jul 20, 2021 12:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow Yuri is really unlucky, her mother is trash and everything she experiences is bad luck, murder or rape... the guy she fought really made me think of the one from Btooom, at least she won but she should have punched his balls, it would have been well deserved, her power isn't anything special basically just boost her strength by 5 times.
Now it seems like we're getting 5v5 fight and of course MC is in Yuri's team and the one he previously fights against, it should be interesting, I want to know the powers of the two other new ones.
Jul 20, 2021 1:48 AM
Apr 2021
kun_kirito said:
this is the worst think that can happen to the mc
team battle can fuckup his mystry power and can expose him
it'll be interesting to explore how the power works though
what is the order of priority for his power? is it the closest person? or the last person to think of his power? or is it the person with the clearest perception of his power?
Jul 20, 2021 2:57 AM

Apr 2020
Kirito from SAO got isekai'd into this 5-seconds countdown deathmatch world as Kiryu Kazuto meanwhile being equipped with the most disgusting personality and character design? (桐ヶ谷 和人 Kirigaya Kazuto and 桐生 和人 Kiryu Kazuto are literally one-word difference away) Yikes, he even got the super ability to "sniff". This is no doubt the AOTY better than AOT!!

Ok, I might've gone a bit too far there, sorry about that. Jokes aside though, the entire character of Kiryu Kazuto creeped me out and almost made me drop this series. Thankfully Yuri won and Akira eating Konpeitos kept me watching. (゜-゜)つロ
Jul 20, 2021 5:03 AM

May 2016
There should be a limit to how generic a show can be. Every character and every second of this battle could be predicted easily. And besides, 4 times the power is not that much for a teenager girl. Firstly, guys have about double the muscle strenght compared to girls and secondly that creepy guy was much older and bigger. So maybe with her powerup she could be able to overpower him in the end, but not by a large margin and definitly not like they showed it in the anime.
Jul 20, 2021 6:29 AM

Oct 2017
This episode was kind of disgusting.
Jul 20, 2021 6:55 AM

Mar 2012
Didn't like the first episode because of the edgy gamer boy but this episode was really interesting. I loved Yuuri, her reaction was the most realistic I've seen so far.
Jul 20, 2021 8:08 AM

Mar 2018
I was wondering what kind of mysterious power the girl has that can also enhance physical ability in a roundabout way cuz the show is so secretive about it but nope, it's just super simple 5x strength lol

The best part about this show is next episode previews and its references. Cat Breathing xD

Jul 20, 2021 9:36 AM

Feb 2019
Damnn this show has some potential. Really unique premise and some interesting mystery. I like Yuuri a lot already. Badass and independent. Great female character, looking forward to the team battle
Jul 20, 2021 10:58 AM
Apr 2020
If you have time to go fooling around with people and end up having kids thats not there fault its all yours
Just as you can't choose a child
the child can't also choose their parents
Stop blaming your child for your misfortune you are the sole reason of your doomfall
I hope yuuri can go back save her
Jul 20, 2021 12:55 PM

Dec 2012
This is giving me slight Trick Tower vibes from Hunter X Hunter, which I like.
Jul 20, 2021 1:35 PM

Nov 2011
Glad the Ugly Bastard lived up to his name.

So again this is Lost the anime lol.

Yuuri is cool though I am looking forward to the team up next week and the introduction of the sexy lady.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 20, 2021 1:45 PM

Aug 2020
What this episode taught me is that sometimes you help a random person on the street who then turns out to be a stalking obsessive SIMP ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This girl is way more interesting than the mc. I'm surprised how much they made me care about her story in only one episode, but they did. Hopefully the imouto is doing alright, at least in some sort of foster care until Yuuri can return...

Jul 20, 2021 2:30 PM
Jul 2019
Oh, that Yuuri girl is one bad ass.....
Jul 20, 2021 3:14 PM

May 2018
Dumb censorship. They are ok with showing people get blown up by a handcannon but scars on the back of a little girl is too much? lmao
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deatte 5-byou de Battle Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2021

51 by PedroKarim64 »»
Sep 14, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Deatte 5-byou de Battle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2021

91 by Rikoyu »»
Jun 26, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Deatte 5-byou de Battle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2021

54 by brunoyilli »»
Sep 12, 2023 5:52 AM

Poll: » Deatte 5-byou de Battle Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2021

32 by AZ3SSIN »»
Jul 22, 2023 12:50 PM

» season 2?

Yeager_Kira - Apr 16, 2023

10 by Royez »»
Apr 19, 2023 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.