Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2021 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's almost surreal to see how much Gugu and Fushi grew close with, now risking lives to protect each other.

The monster they that attacked them was pretty tough and kinda reminds me in a similar way to one of the previous episodes. It's too bad Rena got caught in this all mess. Quite an emotional episode and I hope that Fushi is able to keep his emotions in check more.
Jun 28, 2021 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
The Nokkers have invaded Rean's home...and this time, with a vengeance that things aren't the same as before. But the monster brothers of Fushi and Gugu working together to fend off the Nokkers, they fought the good fight, but even with Rean, they are no match for its battle knowledge. Fushi is faltering and falling behind quite badly on his survival tactics and skills, and thank God for Gugu to lead the way, even if they are fighting a losing battle.

Gugu though through the rubble, managed to convey his feelings to Rean to the very end, and she managed to give Gugu a kiss, that's as savoury sweet as is depressing. And to see Fushi shapeshift into Gugu and go all-out against the Nokkers, it is something, the very soul that he lament of the loss of the string of fate. And once again, the Nokkers escape with new knowledge, while Gugu lost his life, Fushi with the knowledge from the Beholder that he must get stronger...a part of the core intertwining.

To appease Rean, Fushi has to shapeshift into Gugu for her reassurance and play his role until the very end, together with Grandma Pioran and Booze Man. Rean has someone she loves...and she knows that the real Gugu no longer exists in the world, which is a sad fate to the dream bellflower's significance of a deathbed message.

Fushi is on his own journey to improve himself and get stronger against the Nokkers, that's the only one thing he should focus on right now.
KANLen09Jun 28, 2021 9:27 AM
Jun 28, 2021 7:49 AM

Nov 2010
The sudden incarnation to March still brought me sad feelings.
---
It's almost ok, but the plot has unrealistic part as usual. (I mean the scene that Gugu and Rynn were talking under the rubble nonchalantly.)
Jun 28, 2021 8:54 AM

Jul 2020
The knockers always have the worst timing man, what an episode! Crazy to see that Rynn caught on at the end, didn't believe she was that smart -or dumb, who would assume there's a shape shifting immortal? But I do guess stories of what happened in the crumbling spread and it was made obvious that fushi could shapeshift.

I was surprised gugu didn't get insta killed and instead the knocker tentacles helped him out, inadvertently though and more surprised the noble folk helped him, but I do guess that petty dislike goes out the window when lives are on the line after all xD! Gugu running to fushi instantly instead of listening to rynn really puts forth how much he cares about fushi as a younger brother, he put his own life on the line for an immortal being. The bit when he saved Rynn's parents was badass and so was fushi protecting the others whilst putting himself in harms way.

Seems like what god said was true, the knockers really do keep evolving, this time becoming stone to combat the fire. Gugu instantly protecting fushi and fighting with him was badass as heck, and the quick thinking of attacking chinks in the armour was smart. The knocker killing fushi was obivous - as if the red flags weren't obvious from how the two were talking and I was surprised at rynn jumping outta nowhere to save gugu, what a lovely girl.

I CALLED IT LIKE 2 EPISODES AGO BUT WHY DID IT HAVE TO COME TRUE? Gugu dying whilst protecting rynn as she kisses him, well Imma cry in a corner, brb xD! But fushi turning into gugu and him denying it the entire time was heartbreaking, and the heartbeat thing was a reference to onigawara right? And his death?

Why did the knocker just disappear? It was as though it was allergic to water or something lol. But fushi realising the aftermath and running to gugu, with his brother taking the corpse away was once again heart wrenching. Rynn running over to see the visage of gugu was bloody brilliant, fushi trying to protect her but she knew exactly what happened.

And then the ending when rynn says she doesn't want to marry is too bittersweet man.

Goddamn kill everyone off and make me upset why don't you? What an episode the action was crazy and so was the gut wrenching story.
LeviathanHWDJun 28, 2021 9:16 AM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Jun 28, 2021 9:21 AM

Nov 2016
Aaaah, expecting this to happen didn't make it any less devastating. Giving hope just to snatch it away in the end. Fate/Zero Caster would relish this approach.

The kiss scene already got me, but the "what if" scenario with a non-disfigured ghost Gugu and the group hug killed me. OST was pretty great during these scenes.

You also gotta feel for Rean. Fushi tried to spare her feelings, in spite of that she still realized what truly happended. A bittersweet episode through and through.screw that bittersweet, I'm heartbroken

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 28, 2021 9:25 AM

Oct 2017
Bloody hell. Not even the manga made it this heart-wrenching. This emotion is illegal. They can't keep playing with us like that.
Jun 28, 2021 9:26 AM
Apr 2016
It seems it would be the best to not get attached to any characters besides Fushi, since it seems they will all die... Except for Pioran, maybe. It looks like ​she's going to be even in the next arc
Jun 28, 2021 9:28 AM

Jun 2019
Man... what an intense episode and an emotional one on top of that. First, the Knockers attacking Fushi and then Fushi and Gugu giving their all to save each other. They managed to defeat the monster but at what cost. Gugu and Rynn finally had their moment and they shared a kiss. I cried there. Also, Gugu's brother was actually sorry for his actions to his little brother.

Then, Fushi faking himself as Gugu in front of Rynn was so touching. To think, what he might be going through right now. Rynn thinks that Fushi dies in the battle. And, Pioran and the old man giving Fushi his goodbyes while Rynn thinking that Gugu would come back to her. But, the poor girl doesn't even know anything or maybe she's just acting like she doesn't know anything. Anyways, that was heartbreaking. And, Fushi back on his journey once again.

Gugu, Rynn, and Fushi. I'll miss you altogether. 〒▽〒
Pre_YumJun 28, 2021 9:37 AM
Jun 28, 2021 9:36 AM

Jan 2021
Wow, can't have shit in Fumetsu no Anata e. Fantastic Episode.
Jun 28, 2021 9:41 AM
May 2020
The writers only let Gugu grow up so that Fushi could gain a powerful adult body.

Jun 28, 2021 9:46 AM
Sep 2015
Not only this episode is just sad, Fushi also mess up the situation furthur by transforming into Gugu and meet with Ryn. Good thing Ryn realized what's really going on but still... will there ever be a happy ending for everyone that meet Fushi?
Jun 28, 2021 9:57 AM

Feb 2019
Dawg can’t believe they really killed my goat gugu like that. Soon as he got his moment to shine and confess. Pain. It was hard to watch the final 8 minutes with Fushi masquerading as Gugu, felt very uncomfortable. I know he had good intentions, but that was wrong. Reann knew something was off, tho. Just really upset she and Gugu didn’t have more time together. Cruel.
Jun 28, 2021 10:01 AM

Oct 2018
Everybody knew it would happen, even though it hurt me so much
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jun 28, 2021 10:03 AM

Nov 2014
I wanted this arc to finally end, but that hurt more than expected...
I didn't like how Fushi wasn't honest with Rean. At least she understood it herself.

From now on I'm looking at people around Fushi as expendable. It's safe to assume most of them will die lol.
Jun 28, 2021 10:07 AM
Mar 2021
I prepared myself mentally before hand ... that this time it wouldn't get me ... and still couldn't take it 😭
Jun 28, 2021 10:09 AM

Jan 2021
This shows that these monsters can evolve...

There can't be a happy ending, I'll admit that today was a wet day and that's why I had a little teary-eyed (ಥ﹏ಥ)

Poor Lyn, I hope she can move on with her life. Sooner or later she will realise the truth...
Jun 28, 2021 10:12 AM

Jan 2019
Yeah... I cried, yes I'm proud of it

Jun 28, 2021 10:13 AM
Mar 2021
JanPri said:
It seems it would be the best to not get attached to any characters besides Fushi, since it seems they will all die... Except for Pioran, maybe. It looks like ​she's going to be even in the next arc

But how will you manage not getting attached to them 🥲
Jun 28, 2021 10:16 AM
Oct 2012
Ah, yes. Pain. And tears. Something to start the week. (Seriously, who's idea was it to air this on Mondays?)

I remember that this was the point where a few of the manga readers dropped the manga (understandably so). I won't be surprised if some anime watchers also dropped the series after this episode.

One thing I noticed about the series is that it doesn't end a major "stimulation/impetus" episode with the sombre mood of a character's death, but rather with this hopeful feeling of looking forward to the future. Episode 1's ending had Fushi carry on the nameless boy's wishes. Episode 5's ending narration mentioned Fushi setting out on a journey with its mother. It's the same in this episode. Rean declaring that Gugu is now together with Fushi gives this positive denouement that at least softens the pain of what happened. Don't get me wrong, this is still a very painful episode, but the ending sets a path towards moving on towards the future.
Jun 28, 2021 10:16 AM

Jan 2014
The show finally got me to cry, and boy did it hit fucking hard

this easily raised my score from a 8 to a 9, at this rate it's possible it could be a 10/10

What an amazing first half of To Your Eternity
Jun 28, 2021 10:19 AM

May 2020
This was heartbreaking, Gugu really didn't deserve this, when he finally got a little happiness in his life, it was all over for him T^T
Poor Fushi lost so much since the beginning, and now he lost his brother.
Jun 28, 2021 10:26 AM

Aug 2020
Its heartbreaking to see such a developed character like Gugu die, it was much more emotional than the other deaths in the series.

I also like how we got see Marchs' spirit. It made me happy knowing that March was watching over Fushi.
Jun 28, 2021 10:26 AM
Feb 2021
Another heartbreaking episode and it certainly won't be the last. The animation here was stunning. Even if the opening hinted towards it gugus death still hit so hard. Seeing the ghost of march following fushi at the end really got me man.
Jun 28, 2021 10:28 AM

Dec 2020
It pained my heart to see Fushi turn into Gugu to say farewell to Rynn.

Rest in Peace Gugu

Jun 28, 2021 10:40 AM

May 2011
I may be the odd one out here for not crying during the first episode. No, it took twelve episodes for that to happen for me. I understand why Fushi turned into Gugu in front of Rynn and why they lied and said that Fushi was the one who died to spare her from the harsh truth. It's been really great to see Fushi grow and gain real, human emotions- this episode was a great testament to their journey (I only say 'they' because Fushi is technically genderless as, you know, an orb).

We've known beforehand that Fushi could only transform into beings that no longer live, which is why, when he turned into Gugu, it was just such a great but absolutely devastating reveal of Gugu's fate. I honestly gasped out loud when it happened- wow, that was handled well.

I suspected Rynn would catch on when Fushi misspoke and said that the ring would remind Rynn of "Gugu" and not "me" while in the form of Gugu, and maybe she did, but it wasn't until the very end of the episode when she told her father she wasn't going to get married that we understand that she had realised the truth. Grasping the reality that Fushi is a shape-shifter is unmistakably not the easiest thing, so I don't think she's fully understood what all of that's about, but she obviously got enough of the pieces in that puzzle.

All in all, a very good episode that once again reminds us that we can never have nice things. :P
if you told me we were dreaming, i would pinch you to prove we're awake.

Jun 28, 2021 10:41 AM
Mar 2020
Flaiing said:
Yeah... I cried, yes I'm proud of it
yeah, bro i feel you
Jun 28, 2021 10:48 AM

Dec 2020
No way gugu died i should know that the anime take this way.
I don’t believe that the Monster is strong and has evolved. Fushi and gugu are so strong together.

Now fushi is going on the next journey to not hurt any humans anymore.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 28, 2021 10:48 AM

Sep 2018
Fushi repeats that Gugu isnt dead, Me : Im a grown ass person, I wont cry!

Rean wakes up and goes to see Gugu, Fushi in panic transforms into him ; Still wont cry!

Rean : Im in love with someone but he's no longer here, Im sure he's with him. - Endless Waterfalls.
well that's just my opinion.....
Jun 28, 2021 10:49 AM
May 2021
Does this count as phisical assault on viewer? Crying hurts
Jun 28, 2021 10:49 AM
Mar 2020
It is so good, I was thinking he was going to die but when he died he hit me so hard. There are 3 things that not only made this ep sad but also heartbreaking. 1 Gugu's death: he was such a great character and dependable one at that he training with all his might so he can improve his body. He wasn't ashamed of his face this also tells us no matter what society thinks about you you're beautiful the way you are.
2The relationship between Rean and Gugu: this hurts more than a breakup or if even she would have married another guy it wouldn't have hurt this much
3 Fushi losing his precious brother and another one of the people he was close with or can depend on. Till now this made me cry the most out of the first 2 deaths because I think I could relate to gugu more and he had more screentime ig.
Jun 28, 2021 10:51 AM

Mar 2017
NUOOOOOO OBIT- GUGU Y-Y Damn even with fire ball jutsu he could nothing... Also the opening spoiled it but as a drama this was foreseeable that it would happen.

Mod Edit: Removed unrelated spoiler.
KuniiJan 21, 2022 12:07 AM
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Jun 28, 2021 10:51 AM

Aug 2020
We all knew this would happen but OMG IT HAPPEND!!! What a day I’ve had I’ve basically been crying all day watching Violet Evergarden and now this. Rean and Gugu were so close to getting together and then poof, he’s gone😭😭
Please stop, I don’t want to see any more Dekugo😭
Jun 28, 2021 10:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was obvious that he would die at some point but on the other hand it's so well written that it still hurts so much... RIP Gugu but at least he died in heroes and got a kiss before his death.. it was also really sad with Lynn during the final scene, now it's time for a new arc, I'm hyped
Jun 28, 2021 10:58 AM

Oct 2018
Fuck off with this. I saw this coming weeks prior and left this episode feeling like I just got kicked in the teeth. I hate it here...

Jun 28, 2021 11:00 AM
Jul 2018
This shit is so depressing
Jun 28, 2021 11:29 AM

Aug 2018
I almost cried at March's death. This time I was more annoyed than sad, though I liked the arc and Gugu a lot. I hope this trend of killing each arc's protagonist changes soon because it's starting to get repetitive.
Jun 28, 2021 11:43 AM

Aug 2010
That was so heartbreaking. We knew this was going to happen, but this time not only we get attached to Gugu, but Fushi also started to have emotions. It hurts seeing Fushi being in denial about Gugu's death. It hurts knowing he died. Right when he was starting to get happiness. And then Rean's last word..

The build up of this arc was really effective.. I have no idea how they will handle the next episode.
Jun 28, 2021 11:44 AM

Feb 2015
The worst-case scenario happened just as I feared last time. I almost would've cried if it wasn't for how upset I was. Just once! Once! Let Fushi end things on a happy note. Still, To Your Eternity continues to be my favorite this season with good reason. I can't wait to see what happens in the next arc.

Anime | Profile | Manga
「The day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday I saw a deer, and today, you.」

Jun 28, 2021 12:03 PM

Mar 2016
rip gugu, too pure for this cruel world!

Jun 28, 2021 12:03 PM
Jun 2016
I remember googling GUGU's pic and i was like oh he is going to live and the three will travel together! I was so happy and comfortable that i won't cry again 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃 ....ah you know, till the end of this ep i couldn't believe that he just died and won't return back or something magical happens NO! He simply died and i am tired of getting emotionally attached to characters who will die eventually for some development😢 please let them live IT'S AN ANIME FOR GOD'S SAKE, YOU CAN USE THAT LOGIC😢
BatenaJun 28, 2021 12:06 PM
Jun 28, 2021 12:05 PM

Oct 2020
Goddamit, that was a tearjerker. The show really makes you attached to these characters then kills them off. I would love to see Gugu and Rean live their lives together but, that doesn't look possible unless there's a spinoff story.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2021 12:10 PM

Mar 2019
RIP GUGU, might be one of the most memorable and tear-inducing characters ive ever had the pleasure of watching. The way they fleshed out his story was articulate, as well as his upcoming and final moments. A true hero and a great person.:(
Jun 28, 2021 12:13 PM
Apr 2021
Drop. I'm too tired from this artifical manipulative drama. Repeat this scenario 3 times in 12 episodes a bad taste. Enemies just so boring too.
Jun 28, 2021 12:19 PM
Aug 2019
This show is hard without crying heh ;_; Atleast Rean knew...

RIP Gugu. You will be missed.
Jun 28, 2021 12:21 PM
Oct 2020
so much damage to a human heart should be rendered illegal and the the one doing so should be arrested.
why u doing this to us Yoshitoki Ooima
Jun 28, 2021 12:21 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Not gonna lie, for a moment I thought both of them were going to get crushed. Fortunately Rean survived, though it was still a tearjerker.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 28, 2021 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
damn why tf everyone always gotta die... this shit aint far :((

Apr 2018
Bunille said:
Bloody hell. Not even the manga made it this heart-wrenching. This emotion is illegal. They can't keep playing with us like that.

I have to agree with you. Until now I thought that the anime was way below the level of emotion of the manga but this episode was amazingly good, couldn't help but cry at the end. Excellent episode IMO

Jul 2019
I was sure it was going to happen but my poor heart. T_T All the characters in the preview are going to die next I bet.
Life is a despicable endurance race

Dec 2017
Well, I knew it was coming, after the first two arcs, and yet CAN WE HAVE AN ARC WITHOUT DRAMA FOR A CHANGE? This is just cruel.
Oh, and episode preview shows zombie dudes from the opening. Great, more misery incoming.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2021

240 by poscula »»
Jun 2, 2:39 AM

» Hayase is getting too much plot armor

Andrekrep - May 19, 2021

30 by Dirittoprocedura »»
May 28, 4:26 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Apr 6, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Usopp8000 - May 17, 2021

152 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10, 2021

345 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 7:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.