Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 9, 2021 7:28 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
this episode was great as usual, great focus on neiru and rika’s reaction in that starting scene was so funny lol, looks like neiru is finally warming up to the others. there was lots of interesting stuff with neiru’s backstory and all here, pretty nice moments when they were painting their nails together too. this kotobuki girl was quite cool too, really like her design, too bad we’ll probably never see again. also, couldn’t stop laughing at that doctor seki guy since his va was the same as jiraiya’s lol. what was up with that scene with the accas and that doctor from neiru’s company though..? that seemed kinda suspicious, wonder what’s going on there, pretty sure we’ve already had all the character arcs and we're onto the last 3 episode now so could this be leading up to a final arc where they fight them or something? nevertheless, very intriguing and cant wait to see where this leads.
Mar 9, 2021 7:29 AM

Jul 2017
The Wonder Egg girls going to Neiru's house to learn about her family and company's history and spend time together, that's as nice and intriguing at the same time.

The Egg girl in the incubator: Kotobuko Awano, a die-hard genius scientist with albianism (and yet another heterochromia person) involved in near-death experiments, and most importantly, a former friend of Neiru's. Her case is a simple one of pride and dissection, and as geniuses think in tandem of the thought process.

Similar to how Kotobuki and Neiru think alike, both Ai and Neiru (with Ai's persuasion) feel alike...to which I find the parallels quite the vindication for releasing the baggage of trauma.

If there's one thing we must learn today, is that...
the Acca and Ura-Acca (along with Neiru's assistant, at least for Neiru herself) are the root cause behind the girls' traumas? NANI???
Now that's a pondering story plot.
Mar 9, 2021 7:29 AM

Apr 2019
Uru and Acca caused all the suicides?? what??? Cool Neiru episode, not as good as most the others, but still pretty okay. Wonder what happened to Ai's "going to school"?

Mar 9, 2021 7:30 AM

Jan 2009
wtf they are experimenting with the afterlife or parallel universes huh the plot thickens

and girls are tempted more by suicide is shown again i wonder whats the context behind that in later episodes

the animation is still good hopefully the staff can pull through this consistent animation quality until the end

Mar 9, 2021 7:31 AM

Apr 2020
Momoe's expression on this episode was very funny lol, and Neiru's friend was very pretty, I honestly like kotobuki design characters
Mar 9, 2021 7:34 AM

Dec 2014
The plot thickens!

Are they experimenting with the girls in the parallel world indirectly causing the suicides? Really looking forward to learning the whole backstory.

Neiru episode was great, was nice to learn about her background and her relationship with Kotobuki.
Mar 9, 2021 7:36 AM

Apr 2012
mlzu said:
Uru and Acca caused all the suicides?? what??? Cool Neiru episode, not as good as most the others, but still pretty okay. Wonder what happened to Ai's "going to school"?

I love how it started out like fantasy, then turned into a detective story and eventually became a thriller.

@KANLen09 Now it suddenly became Madoka, lol ... Well, only if it wasn't even before. I hope this does not end with metaphysical games with reality and turning AI into a god.
Mar 9, 2021 7:38 AM

Apr 2019
Lelouch0202 said:
The plot thickens!

Are they experimenting with the girls in the parallel world indirectly causing the suicides? Really looking forward to learning the whole backstory.

This could either go absolutely terribly or really well, I hope it's the latter.

Mar 9, 2021 7:39 AM

Apr 2019
RobertBobert said:
mlzu said:

Now it suddenly became Madoka, lol ... Well, only if it wasn't even before. I hope this does not end with metaphysical games with reality and turning AI into a god.
This is so similar to Madoka actually, new gen madoka ??!?!

Mar 9, 2021 7:41 AM

Jan 2021
Loved to see this episode after the long wait from the recap last week. Great exploration of ideas needing to be touched on, that being Neiru's background and also hinting to the grander purpose of the arcade at the end. Glad to see it's progressing smoothly and inserting new ideas such as finding someone you've already met before in the egg and explanation regarding dream video recordings. Overall, completely positive for me, and can't wait until next week!
Mar 9, 2021 7:41 AM

Apr 2014
Acca and UraAcca seem very suspicious. Did they cause all the suicides? and use those girls as the experiment? Well, that's really dark, if it is real. I really looking forward to see the rest of the story.
The what so-called moderators or messengers are the ones behind everything remind me of Kyubei from Madoka, somehow.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 9, 2021 7:47 AM

Mar 2013
This was a great episode honestly. I really loved the way Ai basically transformed her own experience into something valuable to help Neiru. The whole way everything looked illuminated in starlight was just beautiful.
Also damn the plot thickens. I could definitely imagine Acca and UraAcca to be the main antagonists in the egg world. I wonder how they'll tie the story together
Something something something
Mar 9, 2021 7:49 AM

Feb 2019
Why, Kyuubey? Why are you doing bad villain things? I trusted you, Kyuubey. Who could've thought it would turn out this way? All for some innocent sorrow, I guess it must be the strongest negative emotion in the universe, huh? And you can't understand but the girls can? Stop being mean to the 14yo girls, Kyuubey, totally not cool.

When will we get out of this world line? How many D-mails do we have to unsend?

Mensa is producing prodigy babies through eugenics theory confirmed.
KosmonautMar 9, 2021 8:05 AM
Mar 9, 2021 7:52 AM

Oct 2017
Neiru's episode this time and as expected it was quite dark. Neiru had to stop the life support for her friend, that was harsh. I felt bad for her. Well atleast Ai was there with her to support her.

That aside Acca and Ura Acca's conversation was interesting. So the reason for the girls deaths are them? Woa. Also looks like they can even choose which girl to put in the egg. The plot intensifies and I'm getting more intrigued. Wonder how fucked up things would get.
Mar 9, 2021 7:53 AM

Jan 2009
dreams are just parallel universes dudes thats the main message lol
Mar 9, 2021 7:55 AM

Jul 2020
I didn't really think acca or ura-acca were good at all, but this takes the cake!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Mar 9, 2021 7:59 AM

Jun 2019
Really good episode. Enjoyed it quite a lot. Neiru's side of the story was pretty touching. As for Kotobuki, she was really pretty. Her character design was great. But, it was a bit sad. Overall, another great episode from this series. There is definitely some mystery behind those two guys.
Mar 9, 2021 8:07 AM
Nov 2019
Hopefully we have 3 more episodes to go (discounting last week's recap) to do justice for the plot-twist.

3 more episodes for the girls to start dying in horrible ways - I can't wait.

OR are the four of them already dead?
Mar 9, 2021 8:23 AM

Sep 2019
Neiru's story was emotional. Also Ura acca and Acca might be behind everything. What are their goals. Maybe they are AI made by the government or something.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
anime-primeMar 17, 2021 3:24 PM
Mar 9, 2021 8:23 AM

Jan 2015
What? I think I’ve got to rewatch episode, I don’t think I’ve grasped everything they told me.
Nice to see this finally back

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
anime-primeMar 17, 2021 3:25 PM
Mar 9, 2021 8:24 AM
Jul 2018
So both Ai and Neiru lost their crushes and it seems like the whole thing is a scam after all.
Mar 9, 2021 8:26 AM

Apr 2020
I‘m pretty shocked that Uru and Acca caused all the girls suicide, either they’re really shitty people, or they have a good reason for it. I find it interesting that Neiru egg was her old friend, which sadly died. I am actually interested on how the anime will end.

Overall, I really like this episode.
Nina supporter for life💕
Mar 9, 2021 8:27 AM

Sep 2019
Neiru's friend was really cute. That woman has something to do with Ura-Acca and Acca I wonder what the real reason of their fight is if it's not saving the girls who commited suicide. I mean, it was obvious that they were hiding something but it still makes me really curious. Ura-Acca helped them in this episode, I guess he started to like them? Or he might have another purpose as well.

It was a great episode.
Mar 9, 2021 8:34 AM

Mar 2020
Stupid fucking math problem, like bro of course you can't find the radius of that circle the "square" isn't even a square that's a rectangle
Mar 9, 2021 8:37 AM
Aug 2020
Looks like the mannequins are the ones driving those girls to suicide. I knew they were suspicious.
Mar 9, 2021 8:41 AM
Feb 2021
Was wondering if anyone could elaborate on the episode a bit more for me. I'm quite dumb and although i enjoyed the episode i feel i missed the bigger picture.
Mar 9, 2021 8:43 AM

Jan 2014
Ohohoho.

Those last few episodes are looking to be intense after how this episode went. Can't wait for it honestly, looking like an epic conclusion.
Mar 9, 2021 8:45 AM
Feb 2021
Can anyone elaborate on this episode to me more? I quite enjoyed this one a lot but feel i definitely missed the bigger picture.
Mar 9, 2021 8:51 AM

Dec 2018
nice the plot is unravelling, i had many questions before this, guess it will all be answered in the end
Mar 9, 2021 8:58 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
peetmeed said:
Stupid fucking math problem, like bro of course you can't find the radius of that circle the "square" isn't even a square that's a rectangle

Actually, it isn't even a rectangle by looking at the measurements. If that was the case such radius would actually exist by placing the center of the circle at the center of the rectangle. Then the radius would be half the length of one of its diagonals.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 9, 2021 9:05 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
You can't see that you didn't see it coming, but it has been revealed that Acca and Uru-Acca are the villains behind the girls' traumas.

Of course, many have already made and noticed comparisons between WEP and Madoka Magica, so I at least hope that Acca and Uru-Acca's motives diverge from that of Kyuubey's from Madoka Magica. I'm not say that it would be bad twist, but it would be pretty cheap to just recycle or reskin Kyuubey's motives.
LezetMar 9, 2021 9:09 AM
Mar 9, 2021 9:13 AM
Mar 2015
Sad to say goodbye to Neiru's friend
The people in charge wonder what the girls would think if they knew their actual role
Mar 9, 2021 9:16 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So it's really Kirito Alicization S2 condition but for Neiru's friend, it was sure interesting, especially for the ethics and all the questions around it
Mar 9, 2021 9:23 AM

Apr 2018
It's a little confusing.

So the world of dreams is a kind of alternative world to real life? In any case, it still does not answer my question from the beginning of the anime if what the girls live is a dream or something real.

Things are a bit tricky now that parallel world issues are being touched upon, and with the debate over whether the anime will release 3 or 4 more episodes for its conclusion.

But overall it seemed like a good episode.

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Mar 9, 2021 9:25 AM

Mar 2016
This continues to be a very perplexing show, and unfortunately I don't care much for any of the characters personally, especially Neiru. While at least we finally get her spotlight episode, it felt off, nonetheless. The show really doesn't know how to establish good tone shifts and drama. The way it drops stuff regarding Neiru's motives and her ties with her friend that she wanted to save, it felt tone-deaf. Let's not forget how the other three girls were opposing her cutting off life support to what's essentially a dead body of her friend. It just doesn't make sense with how these girls are friends that quickly to begin with, so it came off as a short and silly drama skit with minimal weight, at least from my personal perspective.

On perhaps the bright side, we get more clarification on the gist of the story and why the Acca guys and that woman they were talking to were likely responsible for causing this whole mess that composed the setting of WEP. But the worldbuilding has been "Swiss Cheesy" at best, so I don't think it'll have much value at the end. And considering my growing lack of trust in Cloverworks as a studio despite their usually good production value, I don't see the last three episodes really changing anything for me.
Mar 9, 2021 10:11 AM

Jul 2011
Was a good Neiru episode. One last ride to give closure to the friendship.

Acca are the bad guys,expected. But I'm curious about the reasoning behind their machinations before a full evil label. If is more evil reasoning like Kyubei from Madoka, or a bad but understandable. Because they have standards from what looks like.

And how you get employed by Accas?
Mar 9, 2021 10:15 AM

Nov 2018
The animation seemed kinda worse on this episode, hope they don't disappoint on the next ones.

Now, this is really getting me some Madoka Magica vibes, Acca and Ura-Acca are behind the suicides? Really weird. Good thing Rika and Momoe were listening though.

Only three episodes left, I hope we get a good ending, or maybe we are going to get a second season? Kinda doubt it.

Enjoying the show a LOT so far.

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Mar 9, 2021 10:21 AM

Jan 2021
I loved Kotobuki's design.
Very good animation too
In the end, the eggs were darker that I thought [ ± _ ± ]
Mar 9, 2021 10:25 AM

Sep 2020
This episode was actually pretty great, we finally got to see another interesting dead girl and the girls interacting was a lot of fun and really made the heavy topic in the second half of the episode hit even harder. The Accas just spilling the beans in view of the girls seemed really stupid but I do really want to know what the hell is going on with them. All in all a great episode that has slightly restored my faith in this series.

Mar 9, 2021 10:29 AM
Jan 2019
Good ep, but I’m debating back and forth on whether Kotobuki is the girl Neiru’s trying to save or if she’s just someone else Neiru knew that died.
Reasons she may be the girl Neiru’s trying to save;
Neiru may see her as her sister as she was someone who was born the same way even if they’re not related, and we know Neiru is trying to save her sister
The person Neiru’s trying to save is the only person the girls are trying to save that we do not know what they look like; all the other girls’ “special person” have been shown and we have an idea of what they look like, whereas Neiru’s has never been shown, even in the ending when all the other girls are pictured with whoever they’re trying to save, Neiru’s hasn’t been shown, perhaps so we don’t know if Kotobuki is who Neiru’s trying to save
We know Kotobuki was somewhat obsessed with the science of death, and in this ep mentions something about the temptation of death, and previously in ep 5 Neiru mentions the person she’s trying to save tempted her to die
Neiru does not actually know for surewhat happened on the night of the suicide, she says that she was only told when she woke up in the ICU
Reasons she may not be the girl Neiru’s trying to save;
Neiru mentions finding Kotobuki’s statue but she’d already know where it is if it’s in her egg world wouldn’t she?
I don’t know if Neiru would be so willing to let Kotobuki go (turn off the support) if she wanted to save her so much as to fight in the egg world

Idk what I think, do let me know if y’all have any other thoughts :)
Mar 9, 2021 10:32 AM
Dec 2018
acca and ura acca seem more fucked up than i thought damn. Im more curious about what the egg thing actually is now. Somehow feels all is connected to neiru's company now :P
Mar 9, 2021 10:34 AM
Dec 2018
Clas1ck said:
Very good animation too

wasnt that girl too colorful tho, different colored eyes, light blue colored lashes and everything kek
Mar 9, 2021 10:34 AM

Oct 2019
This show fell off so hard, the director does not know what he or she is doing. I don't know what I'm suppose to take away from the series anymore. Is it a story about bullying? No not past the first 3 eps. Is it a mahou shojo? No not exactly. Is it a steins gate like scientific show? No not exactly. What happened, it feels as if this show is wandering without any direction.
Aria is the greatest manga of all time
Mar 9, 2021 10:35 AM
Dec 2018
i
caliburn1337 said:
The animation seemed kinda worse on this episode, hope they don't disappoint on the next ones.

Now, this is really getting me some Madoka Magica vibes, Acca and Ura-Acca are behind the suicides? Really weird. Good thing Rika and Momoe were listening though.

Only three episodes left, I hope we get a good ending, or maybe we are going to get a second season? Kinda doubt it.

Enjoying the show a LOT so far.

if ai was listening she would have probably ran out and confronted them LOL lets see what they both do. I really want them to go back and discuss it with neiru tho so that she can connect the dots
Mar 9, 2021 10:36 AM
Dec 2018
Rachiba said:
It's a little confusing.

So the world of dreams is a kind of alternative world to real life? In any case, it still does not answer my question from the beginning of the anime if what the girls live is a dream or something real.

Things are a bit tricky now that parallel world issues are being touched upon, and with the debate over whether the anime will release 3 or 4 more episodes for its conclusion.

in my opinion it could be something like the dreams open a gate to the parallel world and somehow acca and urra acca establish that link through the eggs, that is all i can think of lololo
Mar 9, 2021 10:40 AM

Aug 2014
this episode raised a bunch of questions for me. so the dreams are parallel universes? the egg guys killed the girls they were trying to save? i have a lot of questions because of this episode but i'm excited to see what they have for next week
Mar 9, 2021 10:41 AM

Apr 2018
Dotxyz said:
Rachiba said:
It's a little confusing.

in my opinion it could be something like the dreams open a gate to the parallel world and somehow acca and urra acca establish that link through the eggs, that is all i can think of lololo
It reminds me slightly a bit of the theories of Yume Nikki (and their derivatives in fangames).

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Mar 9, 2021 10:42 AM
Dec 2018
SkwebSalt said:
Can anyone elaborate on this episode to me more? I quite enjoyed this one a lot but feel i definitely missed the bigger picture.

basically acca and ura acca are the evil people. It isnt exactly revealed how but is said that they are the ones who cause the suicides of those girls. Neiru's friend tried giving her a hint about it which was dismissed by the employee who was shown towards end.

as for neiru's friend, she killed herself cus she was intrigued by death (very layman terms) and she also says something on existance of a parallel world which could lead to something.

other than that, the story was pretty straightforward
Mar 9, 2021 10:44 AM
Dec 2018
Rachiba said:
Dotxyz said:

It reminds me slightly a bit of the theories of Yume Nikki (and their derivatives in fangames).

im afraid i dont know about that game >->
Mar 9, 2021 10:45 AM

Jan 2021
Dotxyz said:
Clas1ck said:
Very good animation too

wasnt that girl too colorful tho, different colored eyes, light blue colored lashes and everything kek
Yeah but idk, I was impressed at first sight xd
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 23, 2021

303 by scorpioniclibra »»
Jun 18, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2021

414 by KitsuFrost »»
Jun 17, 8:16 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LittleLucky - Mar 2, 2021

212 by Mae_Mae_Online »»
Jun 8, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 9, 2021

160 by RobinEatsJuice »»
Jun 7, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Feb 2, 2021

294 by RobinEatsJuice »»
Jun 7, 6:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.