Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 8, 2020 4:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, it looks like Makoto got himself involve in a case of revenge.

This episode's case had a personal vendetta that had emotional stakes which I think is rather interesting. In a world with criminals, it seems there's all type of cases that Makoto needs to be prepared for.
Dec 8, 2020 5:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It must be very hard to forgive someone like that, especially because his leg will never work like before... a really interesting choice of topic once again.
Dec 8, 2020 5:39 AM

Nov 2019
Imagine being approached by someone you don't know and told you that he or she wants you to break someone's leg. This was a good way to start off the episode.

This episode serves as a reminder that we shouldn't judge a book by its cover (Eiji was coerced and forced to do the deed) and how important it is to know the two sides of the coin. Everyone is human in the end after all.

Also that last part though, Red Angels vs G-Boys two-episode arc? Nice, can't wait to see how that goes down.
Dec 8, 2020 5:49 AM
Oct 2016
Our last episodic tale of this show with a message I can fully get behind. We have to cast aside hatred to build towards tomorrow. You can't truly move on and move forward if you're stuck with hatred in your heart, can never go beyond the past that way. Makoto taking the ultimate diplomatic approach to solving the problem presented here instead of just busting Eiji leg from the word go. Chihiro had her heart in the right place wanting justice for her brother but didn't quite go about it the right way. Good thing Makoto isn't a hot head who would agree to something like that. Definitely a showcase this episode of how its not cut and dry as we think. Eiji wasn't a beast as Chihiro and Tsukasa thought, he was just another person trying to get by in their town. Someone who'd been hurt by life almost as much as they were. With the real beasts being those punks who were extorting him.

Smart move by Makoto and King to have Eiji join the G Boys so the punks would leave him alone. I'm glad that they could all sit down and talk this out as a form of rehab for both Eiji and Tsukasa. Good news that the siblings will start a food truck with Eiji helping them. Now with that after credits scene things look to be escalating between the G Boys and the Red Angels as we move to the final episodes.
Dec 8, 2020 6:02 AM

Jul 2017
A random revenge request of a case for the Ikebukuro "troubleshooter" Makoto that involves the crushing of legs for a lifetime of cripple-walking, that's something for an ordinary citizen with a strong vendetta and thirst for the "tit for tat".

Turns out, the attacker is just a victim in a slew of the actual loopcase of being exhorted by bad friends. A human with a beast inside, but not all humans are like that, and once tormented, the nightmare doesn't wash away easily.

What a gamble for Makoto though, for both the attacker and the victims to talk things out rather than take to the streets in violence. However probable, the damage has been done, and compensation will be hard, but there's nothing more than forgiveness that can heal both sides for a start.

Restorative Justice, that's an interesting tidbit. A toast to good discipline, and Ikebukuro is made safer once again. It really feels safe having the G-Boys around.

Now, to address the real plot for the final 2 episodes: the Red Angels vs. the G-Boys. Will the secret Kansai corporation finally show its face to welcome to start of the end?
Dec 8, 2020 6:49 AM

Jan 2014
This was the best episode yet far as I'm concerned. It really delivered on a number of things, and treated the idea of revenge seriously. While not all criminals are actual human beings of course, but it does show that there is a deeper meaning behind some minor to more serious crimes. Everyone's situations are different, and we can be drawn to the extremes because of our situations that we're in. If we weren't in those, such acts may not have taken place.

Very deep episode overall.
Dec 8, 2020 7:36 AM
Apr 2015
TheCeeJayz said:
Imagine being approached by someone you don't know and told you that he or she wants you to break someone's leg. This was a good way to start off the episode.

This episode serves as a reminder that we shouldn't judge a book by its cover (Eiji was coerced and forced to do the deed) and how important it is to know the two sides of the coin. Everyone is human in the end after all.

Also that last part though, Red Angels vs G-Boys two-episode arc? Nice, can't wait to see how that goes down.

Last part is sequal same arc to episodes 6,7 (g boys winter war )
I don't know why they split it
Dec 8, 2020 7:56 AM

Oct 2017
This episode was beautiful, proly gonna be my fav episode. The chief of police saying that this town will be safe as long as you are here to Makoto meant a lot.
Dec 8, 2020 8:01 AM
Sep 2015
The perpetrator is so hot! I'd blackmail him to make a different deal from what G-Boys did. Because I'm a beast, not a human.
Dec 8, 2020 8:05 AM

Nov 2013
I like the themes, tackling about revenges, not every criminal is bad person and domino effect of doing some bad deeds etc. Moreover it's definitely has its emotional moments that I guess some viewers would take. But I don't know, I just found the episodes to be boring. I guess what irks me a bit is that the story was pretty straightforward and the audiences should just takes everything at the face value and be done with the vanilla sweet ending. I feel like it will be more intriguing if the show tried to challenges the viewers and making some cases where Eiji was still forgiven but there are more loose details shown in implicit way so there will be more food for thought served in the episodes.

At the end of the day, I'd say this is a thought-provoking episode but not enough for me.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Dec 8, 2020 8:14 AM
Apr 2015
DannyTheDonkey said:
I like the themes, tackling about revenges, not every criminal is bad person and domino effect of doing some bad deeds etc. Moreover it's definitely has its emotional moments that I guess some viewers would take. But I don't know, I just found the episodes to be boring. I guess what irks me a bit is that the story was pretty straightforward and the audiences should just takes everything at the face value and be done with the vanilla sweet ending. I feel like it will be more intriguing if the show tried to challenges the viewers and making some cases where Eiji was still forgiven but there are more loose details shown in implicit way so there will be more food for thought served in the episodes.

At the end of the day, I'd say this is a thought-provoking episode but not enough for me.

I don't agree
Episode was good but will be better if each case take two episodes
Dec 8, 2020 8:20 AM

Nov 2013
TGAvi said:
DannyTheDonkey said:

I don't agree

Well you're not obliged to. I just stated what I feel as not much to be thought of because the episode was presented in a pretty superficial level.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Dec 8, 2020 8:59 AM

Sep 2019
I expected the victim to pull a knife out of his sleeve and stab the other guy, I’m glad that I was wrong. It was a good episode.
Dec 8, 2020 9:14 AM
Feb 2019
i know an ideal and naive ending in animr is common but cmon i try my best to put myself on their shoes but i can't relate to it, although i got the deep message of this episode i still kinda confused with the whole situation
Dec 8, 2020 9:22 AM
Apr 2015
DannyTheDonkey said:
TGAvi said:

I don't agree

Well you're not obliged to. I just stated what I feel as not much to be thought of because the episode was presented in a pretty superficial level.

Yes because the pacing is so fast
I wish they adapt this arc in two episode
Dec 8, 2020 9:57 AM

Apr 2019
episode questioning morals, i liked it. Good job on them being mature, even if it's hard to forgive.

Dec 8, 2020 10:04 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was...just incredible, don't think i've seen a better episode out of every Fall anime i'm watching, that hit so hard, the whole episode in fact.
Dec 8, 2020 10:22 AM

Mar 2020
Episode starts off with a person asking Makoto to break someone's legs...nice.

Sometimes the more simple ideas can be great, this episode was a great display of it.

The victim was able to forgive a victim of bullying, quite touching if you ask me.

Good episode :)

Dec 8, 2020 11:25 AM

Mar 2015
The after credits scene at the end... Seems like we're closing off the series with a gang war
Dec 8, 2020 11:44 AM

Sep 2018
I love that this anime actually deals with worlds problems
Dec 8, 2020 12:22 PM
Dec 2017
Definitely my fav episode with the single mother's one, I just can't imagine how I would fell if I had to face that kind of situation. It makes me kinda sad that the two last episode will surely be a gang story from what we saw after the ending instead of a interesting topic like this.
Dec 8, 2020 12:44 PM

Dec 2015
Funny thing with the guy being good at cooking and having wanted to open a restaurant and the animation studio used the same voice actor that did Tsukasa Eishi in Shokugeki no Souma. :D
Dec 8, 2020 12:47 PM

Feb 2014
defo the best ep so far :)
Dec 8, 2020 12:47 PM

Feb 2014
Luthandorius said:
Funny thing with the guy being good at cooking and having wanted to open a restaurant and the animation studio used the same voice actor that did Tsukasa Eishi in Shokugeki no Souma. :D

aw didnt realise that, its cool :)
Dec 8, 2020 2:07 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Another case for the troubleshooter Makoto to be finished. He did a great job using a restorative justice to solved the problem. Either its became a nice solution or not, its depend of the peoples themself. Forgiving each other was the key, to break the chain of hatred. Its really difficult, indeed. However, we were a humans afterall, and your hatred came from a human being too. So, why not encouraged yourself to be a forgivable person? Because being a kind person is not a bad thing on this kind of mortal world. Exception if you are truly a maniac, its a different matter afterall.

Well, as expected as before, the same moral lesson has been launched very well done by Makoto Majima. Once again, Ikebukuro West Gate Park reached its peaceful daily again without any serious shit happened. Thanks to King, and his G-boys, and Makoto huge effort to solved his 'new girlfriend' problem, everything back to a normal life again. However that preview part make me worry. Is that even necessary to really happen? I believe they just do an action movie, rather than a real deal to believed ....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 8, 2020 2:55 PM

Apr 2015
Pretty good episode! They just keep on tackling real world problems and I think this was really well done.

It's only understandable someone wants to see the perpetrator suffer as much as the victim, especially someone close to you, but you would only lower yourself to that of the perpetrators. Makoto handled this perfectly, they do say often that "forgiveness is the first step towards healing".

That preview though, so there will be some serious trouble starting next week!
Dec 8, 2020 3:29 PM

Jul 2016
Okay episode overall. The chosen topic being about revenge and forgiveness was actually nice but the way in how the episode dealt with the people who "bullied" and instigated Eiji in the first place left a lot to be desired. They just have to find another poor pathetic kid who is not related to G-Boys and the cycle will start once again.
SouthRzVaDec 8, 2020 3:36 PM
Dec 8, 2020 7:31 PM

Sep 2018
This anime was a bit of a slow burner, but it's gotten overall pretty decent as the series continued... A solid 7/10
Dec 9, 2020 2:48 AM

Jun 2020
i really liked this episode, they really toned down on the in-your-face preachiness and it was so much better, the sombre mood was finally executed nicely, if only all the other episodes were like this. i really liked when the brother stopped makoto from rambling off, that not only took me by surprise but was a nice change. sometimes the episodic nature really makes it hard to care but i felt that this episode striked a good balance.

but i'm choosing to forgive you. if i worry over it forever, my tomorrow will never begin.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Dec 9, 2020 4:08 AM

Apr 2020
One of the best IWGP episodes so far, and I think that this is the last episodic one.

Restorative justice, what an interesting yet very effective method to bring the injured victim and the broken suspect together. I really love the way they handled the conflict and that seems to benefit all of the parties involved (except the true bullies).

And it looks like the last two episodes will be the one that we all expect, the gang wars! Red Angels vs The G-Boys, how will Makoto fit in this inevitable war. Alright IWGP, bring it on!
Dec 9, 2020 8:08 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, this anime never fails with it's shook intro scenes. Really started of with a client asking to break someone's legs lmao. I think that was definitely the best episode so far, had good topic and also a good ending. Usually the endings would be a little anti-climactic but, this episode's ending was fantastic.

Well, looks like we getting that G-Boys vs Red Angels and most likely the last two episodes will be focusing on it. Looking forward to the next episode.
Dec 9, 2020 8:45 AM

Nov 2019
Great episode. This show deserves more credit than its getting.
Can't wait for next episode.
Dec 9, 2020 9:51 AM

May 2018
Good episode. The case ended well. Lol the perpetrator and the victim working together for the food business at the end lol
Dec 9, 2020 1:05 PM

Dec 2019
This was easily the best episode so far. It delivered on the themes it presented perfectly.
Dec 9, 2020 2:07 PM

Sep 2017
Decent episode. Punk ass kid kept trying to blame his actions on his circumstances and those around him. Also bruh you could have gotten that wallet from him without causing permanent damage.
Dec 10, 2020 3:04 AM

Dec 2010
Even after watching the episode, I still wonder why he had to break the guy's leg if all he wanted was money. Is it because he was frustrated since he was always being bullied?

Nice theme this week about revenge and how there is usually another side to the story (bully's)

Hearing Akira Ishida as the brother was a real treat. It fit his character pretty well.

THAT POST-CREDIT SCENE THOUGH. IS IT TIME FOR GANG WAR?!

Dec 10, 2020 7:28 AM

Oct 2020
Idealistic episode, but beautiful story nonetheless. Imagine how easy it'd be for the whole society to have conflicts be resolved like that? Unfortunately, revenge is a natural weakness of human nature. Hatred is a strong feeling that doesn't go away so fast. It's good that this episode reminded us of such a (utopic) alternative.
Dec 10, 2020 11:07 AM

May 2018
Letting the victim meet his perp.....watta nice thing.....but hold on, it looks like them Reds and blues were finally duking it out, sheeesss, so what now Makoto????
Dec 11, 2020 3:19 AM

Oct 2008
bullying is really troublesome and adds more injury to the wounded...such complicated situations...good thing Makoto troubleshooter is here!
4/5.

Dec 12, 2020 4:56 PM

Jul 2017
ah yes, another case of shitty situation somehow having a super happy ending. Only this time, the idealism shoots up

Will say though, they did a really good job with the whole duality of crime, and how not every criminal is a monster. Doesn't negate what that kid did though.

Yet again, our gracious lord and saviour Makoto takes more of the side of the kid perpetrator, rather than the person who's career just got ruined. Tbh though, even I don't know what would've been the best option. Yes, the kid clearly regrets his actions and was essentially in a rock and a hard place......but he still ruined a promising person's career none the less. It's just lucky that this whole case played out idealistically and that incident didn't start a snowball effect

But what was that """punishment""" for the actual criminals though lol? Yeah just leave Eiji alone or something, who cares if you repeat it with someone else like wtf? Like the G-Boys literally just gave them a slap on the wrist xd

and is that very short "fake boyfriend" thing the reason for justifying the romance tag? sasuga indeed
Dec 12, 2020 9:51 PM

Jun 2015
Good episode, but for people who hold a grudge against someone, it's really for reflection. Leaves deep questions and gives a beautiful moral lesson, which is difficult to accept...
“The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.” -Cowboy Bebop
Dec 12, 2020 10:53 PM

May 2016
Oh dear all of them have problems:

The little sister is full of herself, she says is for her brother but all that she says or shows is an incredibly ego, "I want you to crush his leg", crush it yourself you want other to dirt their hand for you, she was freaking annoying.

The older brother with bipolarity, he is good, then a psycho, then understanding, I am afraid with a character so weak and unstable.

The guy who broke his leg, oh God, because of a robbery it was not necessary that he broke the older brother's leg, so it all seemed like empty words, why not knock him out with the bat and run?

And let's not forget the omnipotent protagonist, praise the Lord and solve the problem of these people with the blink of an eye.

The police program seemed absurd to me, to find the victim with the perpetrator so that they can talk? Will you tell a person who was raped to talk to the aggressor, eat some cookies and everything will be solved? I suppose it will depend on the case in question but I don't consider it feasible.

This was said by someone who was run over and although he has no resentment for the aggressor (he was stupid but since it was not malicious, to be honest I don't care but I mention it to give context), he suffered physical and material losses.
People asked me where I read certain thing but the rules say no telling where did you read so maybe I am too boring for not saying? Or salty because you didn't check my profile that says don't ask because I hate people to ghost me after that. I love learning languages so maybe I did not read the manga in English?

Dec 13, 2020 9:54 PM
Nov 2020
I guess I missed an important plot point somewhere because I thought the Red Angels and the G-boys were on friendly terms? (Or did they agree to stay on neutral terms, i.e. not get in each other's way, and the Red Angels made an opportunistic move?)
Dec 14, 2020 10:25 PM
Apr 2020
Forgiving someone ain't easy.

G-boys vs Red Angels is coming!!!

Dec 24, 2020 3:50 AM

Oct 2015
hard pill to swallow but honestly it isn't too farfetched with the situation
Dec 29, 2020 10:44 PM

Mar 2010
The brother sharpening his knife was scary. Was like a scene from a horror movie. This episode was enjoyable.
StardewDec 29, 2020 10:52 PM
Dec 31, 2020 12:00 AM

Mar 2020
Another great episode, I liked the issue they were tackling with this one, it sure is hard not to think that whoever hurt you so bad is a monster.
Jan 8, 2021 1:17 PM

Mar 2016
This episode was a very touching one. Having the ability to forgive someone even after they stole your potentially bright future is just very difficult.
Jan 28, 2021 2:40 AM
Jan 2020
An emotional story of how a brother gets attacked and how the sister tries to make the attacker pay the price. Since Makoto does not do his job blindly, he went that extra mile and brought another solution and made the attacker and the attacked sit face to face and talk about what went down. Believe it or not, this technique is used by the Ikebukoro Police Department (that is, in the show, dunno about real life).
Feb 3, 2021 8:23 PM
Jul 2017
This is definetly my favorite episode of the series thus far.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ikebukuro West Gate Park Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2020

74 by dethomori »»
Jul 1, 8:11 AM

» Why are the ratings so low?

st3pn - Oct 23, 2020

14 by TomokiNakagawa »»
Jun 9, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Ikebukuro West Gate Park Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2020

37 by Feary7 »»
Dec 24, 2023 9:17 AM

» I've heard the drama is a better adapatation of the novel. Are there any viewers of it out here ?

clomapni - Dec 22, 2020

6 by neonkirsche »»
Nov 7, 2023 5:52 PM

» live action IWGP

removed-user - Dec 8, 2019

17 by mdo7 »»
Nov 7, 2023 7:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.