Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Carole & Tuesday
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 17, 2019 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well it's good to see Carole and Tuesday making progress with their recording.

Meanwhile, there's Angela's own career although I don't trust the guy (Aaron) that she's associating with. A somewhat slower paced episode but I like the pacing. Angela still has room to improve herself tbh. Also, I'm really fascinated by the level of technology used in this show.

Jul 17, 2019 9:26 AM

Nov 2007
The producer says they are bad, but seems to agree with producing. Except practice from morning to night... one mic in the place he requested.

Ex-child actress is busy with debuting, and meeting a new character.

Those claiming that they are parents of Carole coming... for money. Laundry man saved her again.

The reporter that appeared last ep. (aiming for politician mother) came to Tuesday.

There's someone following ex-child actress?

HiroC's character produced an AI based on ex-child actress from the data. Just a simulation?

Yasumoto-san's character's band came to help out. Thanks to them, what he really said has been explained. "Just" 52 takes?

Laundry guy is leaving and talking about how he was in the jail, and left his wife and child. Then he was searching for his daughter's whereabout after he was out of the jail ... hinting that he's her father?
tsubasaloverJul 18, 2019 5:00 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 17, 2019 7:29 PM
Apr 2019
Calling it now: The "Black Knight" is an anonymous account owned by Cybelle who has broke from the jail and want to use Angela (and possibly her AI counterpart) to revenge.

The AI Angela started a smear campaign portraying Tao and herself as an innocent victim of music industry, blamed Carole, Tuesday and "any singers who has associated with her" for ruining music, and then put out a musical single that brainwashed the listeners to support herself and reject human singers.
Jul 18, 2019 8:39 AM

Jul 2017
So this episode, there's a lot to unpack:

- Carole and Tuesday, being able to find the legendary producer Tobe with the help of Gus and Roddy, along with some old friends, lots of takes and NGs until he passes them.

- Angela's side, there is a side account that is stalking her every move. Judging by the name, the most likely suspect would be Cybelle. Along with Tao's unwavered support for AI pulling music, it could very well jeopardize Angela's debut.

- Politics aside, Tuesday's mum isn't doing well, on the sidelines, there seems to be some nefarious work.

The one I was unexpectedly surprised with was Dann, the laundry man who protected Carole twice. It's sad that he has to go through a series of unfortunate events, finding his lost child to repay for his sins. This could be a very strong hint that Dann could be Carole's dad, but speculations for now.
Jul 18, 2019 9:00 AM

Nov 2017
Dann is definitely Carole's dad, as was expected. The show is juggling way too many plot-points by now and I wonder if it can resolve all of them in the remaining 10 episodes.
Jul 18, 2019 9:15 AM

Sep 2010
Poor Roddy...he means well, but ends up suffering

was nice to see Skip again

seems like Angela is getting slowly replaced
Jul 18, 2019 9:44 AM

Jan 2017
Why Does İt seem like Angela has an obsession with Tao ? Tao is her producer and He is doing his job very well at writing the songs But Angela seems to be so angry about Tao is not coming to see her performances and There is the scene when Angela wanted tao to only to look at her for one day İs Angela in love with Tao or something ?
Jul 18, 2019 10:10 AM

Apr 2011
My eyes... they're sweating.
Jul 18, 2019 10:42 AM

Feb 2018
Lmao tobe was awesome, it was nice to Skip again, they rolled out a good shit.

Damn that reveal of Carole's father was touching. Looks like the person who spoke to Tuesday at the stall might be her father idk
Jul 18, 2019 11:03 AM

Jul 2016
I liked the new song from our army of 2. Also the new song of Angela’s sounds low key catchy. Also I think we all know Dann is Carole’s father, but hhhhhhhhh he has to go back to Earth.
Jul 18, 2019 11:21 AM
Jan 2019
A funny and crazy episode with a very touching ending: ').
Carole's father seems a good person to me. Sometimes, things happen that get out of hand and it is almost impossible to repair them instantly, and that only with the passage of time, if we keep trying without giving up, can they recover. It was what happened to him, Dann. He made a bad decision, who knows what, but the important thing is that he regretted and looked for his daughter despite the long years that passed without knowing her. That shows that he always had Carole in his memory. I hope you both can have a happy ending in this story :).
Carole's reaction to saying goodbye to her father, was the most genial and moving I've seen. She is amazing.

On the other hand, the producer is really crazy. He's an old man with a shit attitude, but he's funny 😂. He knows what he does and where he wants to direct his artists. He has the conviction to make Carole & Tuesday, great artists. I felt a great relief when I saw Skip and his banada, great people by the way, that shows that the old man has talent. Hopefully the album is a success. I can not wait to listen to the songs 👌.

I love more and more this anime 😁.

Ps: What was outside the producer's house, was it marijuana ?, LOL. That old man is to be feared 😂.
Jul 18, 2019 12:36 PM

Feb 2014
Things are shaping pretty tense for Carole & Tuesday's everyday life. As expected Dann turned out to be Carole's pops(damn those fake parents around her XD). While on the other hand Tuesday's tangled in her mother's persona. Seems these two dynamic duo gonna shape up the revolution as the diplomatic relations between Earth and Mars is getting riled up.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 18, 2019 12:47 PM

Dec 2011
But of COURSE Dann has been Carole's dad all along.

Anyway, seeing her own AI version must have been quite a blow for Angela. Not to mention the girl has a crush on Tao for some reason.
Jul 18, 2019 12:49 PM

May 2009
OH WOW THAT GUY WAS CAROLE'S DAD?!!
its not like that wasnt clear from the moment he entered the freaking anime.
The way they handled this, I think, is beyond cliche and cheesy. And I think its frustrating. The scene with two couples randomly declaring being her parents (yadayada) was the cherry on top on how ridiculous this part of her story was.

Carole and Tuesday, and their story, is a little bit too much "what a happy world we're living in". Want to be a famous? Well guess we'll find a manager in one day, and audition for a popular show the other. Instead of letting them lose the competition and bring an interesting "come back"; let's just rig the thing and make them win "a little". Want a producer? Oh yeah I know someone who is REALLY good but a little bit weird, let's get him to join. Ofcourse he says 'yes' right away, and other famous people will join your group and create a fantastic song right away.
The whole Tuesday-and-her-mother-being-a-politician problem is actually interesting. But they kidnap her one day, the brother lets her go and the mother? Well we dont know: she doesnt care that she's suddenly gone losing-but-kind-of-winning-the-show, I guess. Pff.

^This is me getting frustrated at a show I really honestly like for a lot of reasons, but I just hate how every cliche and non-realistic stuff has to jam in and ruin it (for me personally).

My favorite character, and the one I am actually intersted in now, is Angela. Her problems are actually relatable, interesting and have realistic progression. This episode included.
Obviously I am still watching the show and again: there are so many things that make this show enjoyable. It's just really dissapointing that they are creating an "everything is possible yay we are so happy show" instead of a more realistic take on the subjects.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jul 18, 2019 1:01 PM

Sep 2011
Many things happening. Carole was being harassed by opportunist strangers claiming to be her parents, but Dann came clean with the truth, and I don't have much to say about it, just that I understand. He didn't ask for forgiveness or to be part of her life either. He was just honest with her, and I think it ended well for them. They even made a promise after all, I liked this development, it didn't feel overbearing. Then Kyle approached Tuesday, and I liked what he told her. But I don't think he is just a kind guy trying to help Tuesday deal with her mother so I hope that he won't do anything that could really hurt her since he is most certainly going to use her to get to her mother.

And not that I expected otherwise, but it's still disappointing to see that being elected is all that matters to her mother, and it feels like Spencer is going to be dragged into the mess too. Then there's Angela. That random-for-now Aaron was introduced, she is dealing with a possibly dangerous stalker, and she feels like she could be replaced by an AI, and it can't be a pleasant feeling. Welp, at least that producer seems to be the real deal despite being loud and crude. I wasn't expecting Skip to reappear here either, but I like that he was the one who helped Carole and Tuesday with his band. I just feel for poor Roddy having to deal with Gus and Tobe, I would want to go home as well.
Jul 18, 2019 1:41 PM
Oct 2017
why does the producer let a dog slobber all over a Neumann?
Jul 18, 2019 1:51 PM

Oct 2010
One of the best ways I've seen a "lost father" plot dealt with
Jul 18, 2019 2:11 PM

Feb 2011
The last scene was so heavy man
Jul 18, 2019 2:51 PM
Mar 2015
They squeezed out some great shit. I hope Carol gets to see Dann again.
Poor Angela getting replaced by AI. Tuesday' s mom is making the Devil's Bargain. (She has been Trumped)
Jul 18, 2019 2:59 PM

Mar 2017
So there was a reason why Carole's parents abandoned(?) her. Her father seemed like a good guy.
Also politics is starting to get involved. And that journalist guy.
Jul 18, 2019 4:49 PM

Feb 2019
I am torn on the lost parent trope here. On the one hand it feels cheap and recycled. The people pretending to be Carole's parent just prior to Dann revealing who he is was too much. On the other hand it tore by so fast it was like it never happened. Maybe they are trying to pack as much into this series as possible due to it only being 24 episodes?

My bet is they wanted to get past this trope as soon as possible to quite possibly use Dann later on in the series. Still it could have been implemented better.

I'm left feeling uneasy on how well Valerie and the political plot line will be handled.

It was a good episode regardless.
Jul 18, 2019 5:17 PM

Sep 2017
I actually really like what they did with Carole's parents. Their new song was also pretty banging. Tobe is really funny as well. I loved all the shit analogies.
Jul 18, 2019 5:44 PM
Jan 2012
This episode did a lot of things right, not the least of which was Carole's talk with Dann. Yeah that really opened the waterworks more than any other part of this show so far, and the way Dann handled the situation and his maturity was really brilliant. Carole's reaction was believable.

There was a lot more character development and drama in this episode which is really good for this show, as that was lacking ever since the long Mars Brightest arc. I feel less like it is going to go in a predictable direction now and more curious about what will come next.

I actually don't think now that Carole will be at risk of deportation since we learned she was orphaned and then brought to a refugee camp as a child, so that probably means she was legally assimilated into Mars, so I'm not sure if the "deportations" theme is actually going to involve her. I thought it might involve her dad, but now we've seen that he's not an illegal migrant but was just visiting on parole. Now I don't know if they'll even push the issue any further at all or if it was just there to draw parallel to current Western politics. I kind of hope they steer clear of investing too deeply in that theme because it's a very complex and divisive issue that varies depending what country you are talking about right now. Many countries are dealing with immigration difficulties right now and there is no simple fix.

I wonder how they travel to Mars so quickly from Earth? That would be a really long parole if they didn't have lightspeed or warp travel or something.

That AI of Angela and the way she reacted to it was really unsettling and believable. Very good writing there and seems very relevant to the direction of the entertainment industry. Look at how they've done holographic performances of dead celebs, or created human actors through CGI and old footage in movies like Star Wars (Rogue One, the upcoming Episode IX). We're already seeing humans replaced by artificial presences in media, so being replaced by AI may just be the next step at this rate...

Very curious to see where this is headed. Wonder who the Black Knight is.

Also, Tobe's shit jokes had me cracking up, and to be honest I agree with his evaluation of the situation. Army of Two was not a great song and their street performance wasn't amazing. They did really polish that turd nicely. Hahaha.

Valerie is clearly a Hillary/Trump hybrid. I can see the parallels to both so I think this show criticizes politics on both sides when it comes to American politics. The Clinton administration (when Bill was in office) enacted the mandatory minimum sentencing act which is largely responsible for removing so many fathers from the black community (by changing the federal law so that judges are required to enforce a mandatory minimum sentencing for particular crimes, which is often 5-20 years in prison even for things like drug charges, when previously judges could decide whatever sentencing was appropriate based on the circumstances of the individual crime, sometimes giving shorter sentences or probation in less severe instances). I felt a subtle hat tip to that issue with what Dann was going through. You might say "but hey that was Bill Clinton not Hillary". Yeah, but the Clintons work in tandem in politics and if you look back deeper into Hillary's record you will find some really shady things too. She supported the measure. It also really emboldened and deepened the for-profit private prison industry.

I can see the Trump parallels too, particularly with the call for deportations. We'll just have to see where it goes with all that, but I don't feel like this show is going to come down on just one side of the government. It seems to be acknowledging the problems and corruption in both.
LucentRiversJul 18, 2019 6:00 PM
Jul 18, 2019 6:11 PM

Jan 2011
There is a lot to unpack.

First off, I'm not crying but that was excellent. Man this shit is so good. Where do we start?

First off Carole and Tuesday once again showing how hardworking they are. Good character growth. Nice character development for Carole as learn her father and what really happen.

Tuesday's mom is willing to play dirty and make promises she can't keep.

Angela fears she may be replace and has an online stalker. She gets a new manger on top of it.

God so much is going on. I fucking love everything.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 18, 2019 6:59 PM

Mar 2012
ErinaNakiri1 said:
Why Does İt seem like Angela has an obsession with Tao ? Tao is her producer and He is doing his job very well at writing the songs But Angela seems to be so angry about Tao is not coming to see her performances and There is the scene when Angela wanted tao to only to look at her for one day İs Angela in love with Tao or something ?

I think she does. It does seem weird that she is that obsessed over her producer when she’s relatively non-chalant about everything else.
Jul 18, 2019 7:11 PM

Aug 2014
the father reveal although predictable was so well done, a beautiful moment

such a good series
Jul 18, 2019 7:16 PM

Oct 2015
When Carole and her father were taking that stroll, I couldn't help gazing at the beautiful back animation ambience. Wow, that was pretty well done!

Her meeting with the real could've been done better though, not that I'm complaining about that. The other guy claiming to be her father, really dude have you seen yourself!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 18, 2019 8:16 PM

Mar 2018
This ep was some of the finest shit for sure
Jul 18, 2019 10:02 PM

Jan 2013
i was about to make a Vocaloid joke when Tao was experimenting but the words couldnt come out lol

man, at first they almost had me believe Dann was someone trying to take Carole away (especially with all the side politics going on), but then the birth mark piece came in. that little union between father and daughter actually almost hit me.

good shit!
Jul 18, 2019 10:06 PM

Mar 2008
You have New york like city and female version of Trump like politician LOL
Jul 18, 2019 11:25 PM
Apr 2013
I agree with a lot of people here in saying that they dealt really well with Carole's parents. Now for the potential deportation and will Tuesday's mom have a change of heart?

It seems like the Black Knight could be that old assistant or Tao (but it doesn't seem like it). But who knows, maybe it is a real crazy inside stalker who we haven't seen.
Jul 18, 2019 11:42 PM

Oct 2008
Carole didn't gave in to her emotions and looks like she already knew that Dann is her biological father...the OST on the last part was emotional!
It was cool that Skip also joined on accompanying Carole & Tuesday on their recording session!
5/5.

Jul 19, 2019 1:40 AM

Jul 2016
I'm a little annoyed that Dann turned out to be Carole's dad, but overall, I think it was still handled pretty well. I actually thought that the birthmark thing was something that Carole just made-up to get the chasers away, so seeing that Dann actually had one I was like "wait, huh?"

Also kind of interesting is the commentary on political campaigns. Tuesday's mom is clearly more interested in gaining personal power than actually running a working government, so she doesn't care about the consequences of the policies she's asked to support. So all the people on the last episode calling her Space Trump (including me) were more right than we knew.

I'm still curious what direction the shows gonna go in with it's other plot threads, like the journalist, the AI Angela and Black_Knight. I mean, it's probably Cybelle, but that doesn't mean it won't be fun to see.
Jul 19, 2019 3:38 AM
Aug 2018
Finally some good news for Carole, she met his father.Than the ok by that "producer", I hope for more on this level and the story is going really well
Jul 19, 2019 4:38 AM

Feb 2011
I'm the only one how know Dann was Carole dad from the beginning! At least I tough it the hole time! I liked this episode. It was pretty good and the song sound even better with the band on the background!
Jul 19, 2019 5:53 AM

Jul 2014
Just gonna say I LOVE ARMY OF TWO
it's a legendary shit
MurukoHiiragiJul 19, 2019 6:09 AM
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Jul 19, 2019 6:57 AM
Jul 2018
I like how Dann said nothing about him being her father and instead just told his side of the story.
Jul 19, 2019 8:16 AM

Jan 2013
Something about that new manager of Angela aint right
Jul 19, 2019 8:46 AM

Aug 2018
i knew it! i knew that Dann was Carole's dad

Also suspicious looking plants you got there Tobe 👀
Jul 19, 2019 9:35 AM

Jan 2012
Wow, how could they waste Carole's father like that? After his introduction in the last episode they could have built up an interesting character slowly and make the revelation something meaningful for the story instead they went for an immediate which though emotional lacked a deeper meaning to have a real impact on the viewer.

The different stories were expanded by some new details and become more and more my main reason to watch this show. Angela's relation with Tao and her situation in the business seem to get worse and may result in a dramatic change of her standing in the near future. I anticipate something really good considering how well and relatable her story has progressed so far.
Meanwhile, Carole and Tuesday are ... there, I guess.
Jul 19, 2019 11:05 AM
Apr 2018
How did people not immediately catch on to Dann's connection with Carole?
Jul 19, 2019 11:06 AM

Aug 2017
Well, Dann turns out to be Carole's dad huh. Their conversation was quite casual but full of emotions they didn't verbalize... for now. Dann has a lot on his plate at the moment and Carole has to focus on her music. Tuesday is in a difficult position as well, with her mother's campaign and all. And then there is Angela. Her career is seriously in danger with Tao's love for AI music. Not to mention this stalker...

Tobe is weird but turns out to be quite okay. It was great to see Skip again and I love Army of Two :)
Jul 19, 2019 11:57 AM

Dec 2018
Some people are still confused about whether or not Dann is Carole's father. He is. His story lines up exactly with what Carole tells us about her past. Plus, when he's sitting on a bench, we see that he has a birthmark on his wrist, something Carole says her father had. Were people just not paying attention to the last couple of episodes...? This is about as blatant as you can get with revealing that someone is someone else's parent without directly stating it... Tobe is probably one of the greatest characters in the history of anime. "It's shit, the finest shit there is,'' is now officially my new life quote.
Jul 19, 2019 11:59 AM

Dec 2018
TheUnknownKnown said:
Calling it now: The "Black Knight" is an anonymous account owned by Cybelle who has broke from the jail and want to use Angela (and possibly her AI counterpart) to revenge.

The AI Angela started a smear campaign portraying Tao and herself as an innocent victim of music industry, blamed Carole, Tuesday and "any singers who has associated with her" for ruining music, and then put out a musical single that brainwashed the listeners to support herself and reject human singers.

Yeah, I thought that was Cybelle too.
Jul 19, 2019 12:01 PM
Oct 2014
I would've preferred it if Carole went for the hug instead of a salute. The man is going back to Earth to serve time, it'll probably be a long time before they ever meet up again.
Jul 19, 2019 12:09 PM

Jun 2016
basilhater said:
Wow, how could they waste Carole's father like that? After his introduction in the last episode they could have built up an interesting character slowly and make the revelation something meaningful for the story instead they went for an immediate which though emotional lacked a deeper meaning to have a real impact on the viewer.

Everyone and their mother already figured it out. Why bother wasting time and dancing around it?
Jul 19, 2019 12:31 PM
Mar 2016
I think it is too fast to say that Angela has a crush on Tao, sure she's more intent to be acknowledged by him, but that doesn't mean the world. Angela pursues a career in music, so as she's aging won't be forgotten by the public and be further recognized by "Mama". Tao, as a renowned and experienced producer kind of symbolizes the hurdle between her and the industry. If she manages to impress him, she might view it as the REAL breaktrough in her beginning career and as an artist/musician. Also Tao might be the first or one of the few who doesn't shower her immediately with adoration or respect, because of the life she had lived until then and her prideful, confident, diva-like personality she's hurt by his inital reaction and wants to prove furthermore her worth as a celebrity.
Overall the relationship is more like a professional mentor-student one.
Personally I prefer it much more this way, on one hand it keeps the subtleties of their relation so far without drowning in some romance-plot, on the other they are the typical polar opposites from each other, still that doesn't make them compatible or endearing in the end.
Since this post is getting too long and I have already stated my opinion on Tao/Angela, I just crackpredict the finale's outcome to be TaoxTuesday and AngelaxRoddy. Hehe.
Jul 20, 2019 12:03 AM

Jun 2013
Angela's IT fan, Aaron-something is kind of creepy. Isn't Angela only about 16 years old? That man seems much older and gave off lots of creepy vibes.

People are saying that Black Knight is Cybelle but what if it's her own manager? I forgot her name but the girl who claims she is Angela's biggest fan? Cybelle seems like she would be too convenient as a villain. It's like recycling or reusing her as the villain again for the second half. She's already established as crazy, unstable and spiteful but we don't know the true personalities of the people around Angela either. Dahlia seems a little too relaxed about the situation too.

Also that ending made me tear up. I don't have a father anymore and any emotional moments in movies, series, whether they be Anime or not regarding fathers really gets to me.
臭い-
Jul 20, 2019 12:24 AM

Dec 2015
Finally a good episode again with a few revealings, I liked it. However, the music is average or fine at most. What bothers me in C&T is that it lacks of originality in the writing and music, not good for a show that call itself Original. I hope to see some genuine character drama in the next episodes, more substance and not just creative looks/worldbuilding. This episode is an improvement.

ep. side note: so rare to see the good ol' weed in anime, nice detail, the producer is one of a kind lol also liked the comeback of the band from the talent show, would be interesting to see more characters again.
Jul 20, 2019 1:24 AM
Jun 2017
Love this episode as DRAMA peaks up in here...

Tuesday- a journalist reminded her that she needed to talk to her mother one day which is true so that she can freely continue her career or what she wants in life

Carole- ohh you know, when your starting to be famous many parents are going to claim that youre their lost daughter...good thing Dann is there, and guess what he is indeed Carole's father. And whats great about it is that he has able to said his side why they abadoned her...

Angela- will An AI angela replaced her? She caught todd use an AI to simulate their next song.

Mother of Tuesday- will she follow what the AI consultant has said? Abandoned the pact they have with earth? As it says on previous episode that those people on Mars dont want illegal immigrants (earth people). As she is trailing behind Hamilton in the race for next election.

Ohh yeah, lets see the next episode. Sadly it will be delayed again.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

159 by Gorgos »»
Sep 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

115 by Kamirura »»
Aug 23, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

117 by MimiHamburger »»
Jun 30, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2019

111 by OtterBoy1 »»
Jun 9, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2019

212 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 28, 4:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.