Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2019 7:02 AM
Jan 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Believe

in Tatsuki
gone bai bai
Mar 27, 2019 7:03 AM

Oct 2007
What an amazing ending. Brutal fight with the red tree. Rin got dismembered really bad... good thing the sisters came to help.

Shiro could transform into it's original nushi form.. too bad we didn't see him shooting lasers! xD

A nice end to great anime.
Mar 27, 2019 8:25 AM

Aug 2016
Tatsuki is a legend.
Mar 27, 2019 8:40 AM

May 2010
All good things...

I personally prefer if it's just two of them fight their way out.
Mar 27, 2019 9:01 AM

Feb 2016
Epic finale, Tatsuki is a story writing master. Rin and Wakaba have a whole world to explore. Like the original ova song said,this is indeed a "New world prologue".

Thank you, director Tatsuki.
Mar 27, 2019 9:04 AM
May 2018
Lmao i remember everyone was complaining about the "pointless" ropes wrapped around Wakaba's hips, but it was actually plot armor in disguise, all this time!

...So they were actually inside a... giant ship? What? Is it actually some sort of space station that crashed down into Earth after the red trunk appeared? Actually, now that i think back on the information we got last episode, it probably is.
And there's all that stuff outside? You mean it's not ALL post-apocalyptic? Are there actually people living out there that have no idea any of this happened? (although i bet a lot of them saw the ship crashing down and all)

Also, is it just me or has the animation quality dipped this episode? I mean, i can justify it on the fact that Irodori has probably never animated a battle scene of this scale until now, but still.

Overall... this show was kinda boring up until the moment Wakaba met one of the "dead" girls and started reading the notes written on that orange leaf, but everything beyond that point was so good that i forgot about the meh start

8/10. Tatsuki be Tatsuki'ing again
Mar 27, 2019 9:07 AM

Jun 2017
awwh, even though this show ended up being pretty mediocre I am endeared by how ambitious it was. If this was a major title 2 cour anime I think it could have been a 9 or a 10. Just imagine how great this show would have been if Trigger or some other great studio had its hands on it T_T.

I liked the atmosphere, soundtrack (for the most part), character designs, and the general premise a whole lot. Unfortunately, it's still only a 6/10 from me, but could have easily been AOTY it had more time, a cleaner script, and actual animation.
Snot-nosed_BratMar 27, 2019 9:10 AM
Mar 27, 2019 9:12 AM
Dec 2014
Mkim said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Believe

in Tatsuki

we need to protect this smile
Mar 27, 2019 9:22 AM

Jan 2015
YOOOOO THAT “I LOVE YOU” AT THE END

Truly an amazing show, I wish they explained the “dead” sisters, but well, I’m 100% satisfied with Kemurikusa.
10/10
Mar 27, 2019 10:10 AM
Mar 2018
And THIS IS WHAT I CALL A HAPPY ENDING..... just amazing Ed for this story.

Just as i spected from Tatsuki
Mar 27, 2019 10:51 AM
May 2018
Xenocrisi said:

Truly an amazing show, I wish they explained the “dead” sisters, but well, I’m 100% satisfied with Kemurikusa.
10/10

They DID explain it, they said they're a projection from Rin's memory leaf or something like that
Mar 27, 2019 11:03 AM
Jan 2019
Well, we come to the end of this entertaining series of fiction. It was not the best of the season, but I liked it a lot. It is a unique story and different from everything else I have seen and that is worth many points.
Regarding the end, I loved the part when Rin's sisters appeared just when everything seemed lost. What an epic moment.

I must admit that it leaves me with many doubts, but a good ending.
Mar 27, 2019 11:19 AM

Feb 2011
Rin's smile and declaration of love at the end was a nice way to end the series. I felt like the final fight with the red tree was pretty nice as well, and for once there was a lot of tension in the fight that made me think that maybe not everyone was going to make it out alright.

Tatsuki had a lot of good ideas with this series. I really enjoyed the general atmosphere and direction, but the execution felt lacking in a lot of places. I still remember moments where it felt like events were straight up missing, and Wakaba was pretty irritating until after he learned how to use the kemurikusa properly and became more reliable. At the very least I can say his character development had a decent payoff.

Tatsuki clearly has chops as a director and I hope he continues to work on shows like these. While I think the show as a whole is pretty flawed, it was a unique experience and it gets some deserved points for that. He stuck the landing with the ending, and I respect that.
Mar 27, 2019 11:19 AM

Jan 2015
MarioKart7z said:
Xenocrisi said:

10/10

They DID explain it, they said they're a projection from Rin's memory leaf or something like that

Yeah but why are they supposed to be dead
Mar 27, 2019 11:31 AM

Oct 2010
Started off meh but overall was enjoyable
Mar 27, 2019 11:41 AM

Mar 2015
Easily AOTS had to buy the blurays loved this anime!
Mar 27, 2019 11:59 AM
Jan 2013
Xenocrisi said:
MarioKart7z said:

Yeah but why are they supposed to be dead
Die -> downloaded into memory leaf
Rin receives Momo-chan -> Memory leaf splits into the three sisters
gone bai bai
Mar 27, 2019 12:01 PM

Jun 2011
MarioKart7z said:
...So they were actually inside a... giant ship? What? Is it actually some sort of space station that crashed down into Earth after the red trunk appeared? Actually, now that i think back on the information we got last episode, it probably is.

Wakaba did state in the previous episode when he was terraforming that the earth was "below" him!
Mar 27, 2019 1:15 PM

May 2018
So all this time they're inside a humongous spaceship and that's where all it happens, well then that's it for Rina , Ritsu and those 3 other red heads, it just Rin and Wakaba out side of the spaceship.
Mar 27, 2019 3:22 PM

Nov 2013
damn this final was a lot happier than i was expecting after last week lol

that smile <3

anyway...
not exactly the best animation and the anime was sometimes confusing (specially on how they sometimes "skip" a bit of stuff between episodes)
but i have to admit, even with the super low score it had, this was one of the few animes that i always watched on the day it came out, and always had fun watching it, the characters are pretty nice, the fights are cool too, the story was interesting ...and so, yes i had fun
7/10
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 27, 2019 3:26 PM

Sep 2011
Really loved the sense of adventure and all the mysteries in this show. Voice acting was somewhat off and I feel like it would've needed one more episode, but overall I really liked it.

Good to see that small team of creative people weren't just a one hit wonder. It's good to see it selling like hotcakes and I'm looking forward to more stuff from them.
Mar 27, 2019 4:51 PM

Oct 2007
With plenty of water... I guess the world will just become populated with Rina.
Mar 27, 2019 6:56 PM

Oct 2015
That was a great fight with the red tree, I guess no more red bugs. Rin was a badass character until the end, that confession at the end sealed the series well. What a beautiful view by the way.

Overall the series started on a bad note, but as it went along you become curious to what is going and attempt to uncover the mystery of that world. As it unravels it becomes eye opening and you become drawn to the characters and the plot. Although the visual animation was really poor and felt like it was from a starter pack of an animator, I quite enjoyed it. I don't hate Wakaba anymore, he became useful and less annoying towards the middle of the series.

7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 27, 2019 7:04 PM

Oct 2015
That was a great fight with the red tree, I guess no more red bugs. Rin was a badass character until the end, that confession at the end sealed the series well. What a beautiful view by the way.

Overall the series started on a bad note, but as it went along you become curious to what is going and attempt to uncover the mystery of that world. As it unravels it becomes eye opening and you become drawn to the characters and the plot. Although the visual animation was really poor and felt like it was from a starter pack of an animator, I quite enjoyed it. I don't hate Wakaba anymore, he became useful and less annoying towards the middle of the series.

7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 27, 2019 9:19 PM

May 2015
Tatsuki pulled a happy ending out of nowhere. Not that I'm complaining, but of all episodes the last one wasn't my favorite. 8/10
Mar 28, 2019 1:08 PM

Mar 2012
For me personally one of the best anime of the winter season. A real gem that is worth seeing.

Score: 9/10
Mar 28, 2019 10:44 PM

Mar 2014
That ending scene will keep me warm through these cold days.

I want more Tatsuki.
Mar 29, 2019 11:28 PM

Oct 2008
OMGEE! that was so sweet and romantic! Rin declared her love to annoying Wakaba!
This is the most underrated show of this ending season of winter 2019!
This show is more of a puzzle and you have to be a smartass analytical person to understand 100% of it...unfortunately that's not me.
5/5.
8/10.

Mar 30, 2019 2:32 PM

Jan 2012
And so the anime about the purple haired leaf waifus came to an end.
Pity the animation and voice acting was bad, because the world building and story were actually pretty good.
"Quack"
-A Duck

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 30, 2019 8:49 PM

Mar 2009
Good show overall. I'm glad it had a happy ending. Still confused about a few things, and I'm left with a few questions, but whatever. I hope Amazon gave Tatsuki a lot of money. He deserves it.

Ritsu best girl.
Mar 31, 2019 3:00 PM
Aug 2014
AAAAAAAAAAAAA Rin's smileeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Did the rating just jump from 5,5 to 7? The Kemono Friends team did it again!

Wakaba being an alien, I think they were inside his spaceship the whole time.

God damn, this one won't be forgotten soon.

Never change, Tatsuki.
JJH_Mar 31, 2019 3:04 PM
Apr 1, 2019 3:35 AM
Mar 2012
Good worldbuilding, mystery reveals, & fantastic osts.
The slow pace & annoying vas were a drag on early episodes, mainly on repetitive dialogue between Wakaba & sisters abusing him. Around ep 4-5 it kept improving as Wakaba proved his worth, Kemurikusa gets explained more, & he reduces the shouting.
Good end, ship was hinted a bit, epic fight (but previous fights were much more polished, hope more time to improve this final fight). Rin losing limbs & Wakaba stabbed were intense, but didn't like them just recover offscreen, as it really dampens the tension & danger (yes Midori heals but that seemed like an op heal potion).
The 3 'dead' sisters suddenly appearing was great, but was the 2nd event that dampened the tension. Feels like deus ex but can somewhat be reasoned as they hid in the memory leaf supposedly, like some chakra soul that can protect the owner one last time (like I'm thinking Naruto's parents...).

Some vague threads are worth developing, maybe s2. World outside. Has the ship crashed or it still floating above earth? Were there other workers beside Captain Wakaba in the ship? What about his company? Can he claim for jobsite injury? Riri was a rare case but what was the backstory behind her revival?
Apr 2, 2019 10:41 AM

Oct 2018
What a great ending, sadly there are some really huge problems on the production that kinda ruined the enjoyment in this episode (audio not syncing, still frames, etc). It felt a bit rushed but still great, although I still can't take this sour taste from my mouth knowing that Riri had a bad ending (disappearing shortly after learning that Wakaba was dead)
Mobages are consuming me alive
Apr 20, 2019 11:07 PM
May 2011
Bad fight scene but I liked the series.
Apr 28, 2019 3:25 AM

Jul 2011
This anime is brilliant!
I know it's not perfect or near it but wow new good ideas and a really amazing story
(I like how the Ending song was story summary from the start)

I'll check all Tatsuki works from now on
onepiecexbarcaApr 28, 2019 12:43 PM
May 12, 2019 7:12 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
A great ending to the series. I'm happy the other sisters were able to see Rin one last time.

What really surprised me was that they were in a ship the whole time. I suppose Wakaba did mention that the Earth was "below", but I assumed they were just floating over the Earth rather than being in an actual ship. Regardless, now they have found paradise and Rin can finally relax, hence the beautiful smile she gave at the end.

The characters were charming, the world was mysterious and unique, and it just entertaining to watch. Tatsuki really knows how to hook people into wanting to stay and see what happens.

Overall, a great follow up series for Tatsuki after the Kemono Friends controversy. He's a master of mystique and does a wonderful job with world building. You can feel a number of aspects from Kemono Friends in this series too. It's already a success at the writing of this post. The first volume is already at 15,000 units sold. Tatsuki and Yaoyorozu should be proud.
Jul 3, 2019 10:57 AM
Mar 2018
Well, that was an end to an anime if I ever saw one! Yet, while the journey is definitely over there are still some lingering questions to be answered. Like how the other lost sisters knew that it was a ship or how an alien ship got stuck in a mountain. And what's with that red trees voice? It was kinda weird when it let out those noises, like it's all of a sudden self-sentient. And why is there only one alien on the entire ship, without any failsafes or crew or any sort of direction? (Well, if they rebuild cities and culture and take mostly dead people, then they are probably researching and kidnapping humans again.

And I have to say; that final scene where she confessed, while it was cute and nice it was a bit off, because love is not a thing that was part of this universe that much. But overall a great show, that sadly got lost in all the hype-machinery...
Jul 3, 2019 10:59 AM
Mar 2018
Mkim said:

Believe

in Tatsuki

Don't you mean

BeLeaf

???
Jul 7, 2019 8:20 AM

Jul 2015
When you see your sisters again but they already say that you aren't the brightest... Rin relates.
nice ending to this series

Aug 31, 2019 7:14 AM

Nov 2018
That branch sent by Ritsu, while her, Rin and Shiro fighting the red bugs to protect Rin from the other side.
Ryoku, Ryo and Riku coming to a battered Rin's rescue was so epic and heartwarming! Riku and Ryoku badass attacks were so satisfying to watch. Ryo's too. And then Rin.
Final farewell with the three sisters was sad.
Wow, they were self-aware abou their way of speaking.
Ritsu and Rina disappeared too... or at least about to.
It rained.
Wow the ending song's chorus is by the girls of main cast. Shadows of Riri and other Wakaba at the last second of it. Wait so are Ritsu and Rina dead or? Also shouldn't Rina be shown as one now? Hmm.
So Ritsu and Rina are alive? They did say they will be alive for some days, so I suppose what disappeared was just the communication cat thing which Ritsu used to talk with them. And oh my God, Rin cried, smiled and confessed to Wakaba. What an ending.
I loved this show.
Sep 2, 2019 7:08 PM

Dec 2018
What a charming anime, I loved so much the atmosphere and OST, it was quite unique, this show is definitely a crush.

I need more of Rina
Oct 1, 2019 11:22 PM

May 2019
Checklist.

Amazing story.

Bad animation (the main reason for MAL downgrade).

Happy Ending

A bit confuse background: where the hell they are after all? Was Wakaba an alien? just the most "human" of them? So after all the Ri's were not wrong calling him not-human.

Some plot holes: why did wakaba just ressurected from nowhere? The autor was so careful to explain the origin of the girls, but wakaba return was just pulled out of sleeve.
EDIT: nevermind, the return of Wakaba can be enough well explained from the hints. Damn genious author:

young_kappa said:

Anyway, loved the show. 9/10
Rob7Oct 1, 2019 11:31 PM
Jan 26, 2020 12:14 PM
Jan 2020
Anyway I just finished watching Kemurikusa........ for Ritsu. I DON'T CARE ABOUT RIN OR RIRI OR WAKABA I JUST WANT MY BEST GRILL RITSU TO BE HAPPY

I liked the story more before the memory leaf got activated. Riri is an obstinate, selfish and annoying little girl who potentially wiped out an entire crew, all because she wanted the attention from a lanky alien nerd with a severe case of forward neck. I guess Rin was supposed to be her "redemption" but I like Rin even less for how two dimensional she was. I liked Rin more when her motivation was her sisters (herself); then her motivation became a useless bumbling idiot......

Wakaba, he's... okay. He was severely annoying at the beginning but he grows on you. I liked his interactions with everyone that wasn't Rin. Speaking of her, the two had zero chemistry. It was just... super forced.
I also liked him more when he was researcher Wakaba; he was, admittedly, endearing.

What was Rin's basket that had the charcoal like things in it?

The Nushi (Shiro) were super adorable.

Riku was really interesting and it's a shame we didn't get to see more of her. The two other sisters as well; I actually like them way more than the four Rina's lol sorry lil' gremlin

Finally,

Ritsu.

They really did Ritsu dirty. She was clearly the driving force of the story and it is thanks to her that they got to destroy that red tree in the end. She grew Midori, not just because she clearly remembered researcher Wakaba's words, but because she saw how useful the leaves were to Rin. She put her sisters first, at all times, and even drinks the least amount of water even though she needs it the most. SHE IS SUPER NICE TO WAKABA AND THEY HAD REALLY CUTE CHEMISTRY GOING ON. SHE CARRIED A GODDAMN TRAM CART ALL BY HERSELF CARRYING 7 PEOPLE INSIDE OF IT AND A TREE AND A HUGE TANK OF WATER ON TOP WITHOUT EVER COMPLAINING AND PROTECTED EVERYONE ALWAYS AT ALL TIMES.
How the fuck did Rin get to have the waifu role?! Wtf????

Ritsu is super adorable, kind, nice, protective, patient, pretty and the best thing in the world and I swear to GOD I nearly threw my phone at the wall when I saw her dissolving. No. NAH. YOU DON'T GET TO KILL OFF BEST GIRL WHEN SHE'S THE SOLE REASON THE STORY DIDN'T END AT THAT FUCKING FIRST ISLAND

Anyway they didn't kill her off so all is good.
Oct 19, 2020 4:32 PM

Jun 2013
I love anime with a post-apocalyptic theme. Bu they never really explained how the world ended up like this and what happened to the humans. Rather we were just thrown into the story of mysterious sisters and Wakaba. Nonetheless, it was a decent show.
Jan 15, 2021 12:19 PM

Dec 2013
That was a lovely anime, Tatsuki and his team really know how to craft a world one can care about, throwing hints left and right to keep you intrigued, voice acting was great.
KanameYuukiJan 15, 2021 12:28 PM
Oct 18, 2021 9:37 AM

Jun 2008
I was expecting much worse, considering the rating here on MAL.
Overall an entertaining series, cool characters, interesting world building... I thik this would be awesome as a game!
7/10, but I'm giving it an 8 just to bump the average rating a little.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 3 Discussion

Liddo-kun - Jan 23, 2019

22 by tam_fortress »»
May 11, 2022 1:00 AM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

Liddo-kun - Mar 20, 2019

34 by PokefanPT »»
Oct 27, 2021 3:08 PM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 9 Discussion

Gildesh - Mar 6, 2019

11 by little_raven »»
Oct 15, 2021 10:17 AM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VanishingKira - Jan 9, 2019

73 by koley »»
May 6, 2021 12:06 AM

» Rating comeback

Clannadstan - Mar 21, 2019

26 by sketchesofpayne »»
May 7, 2020 11:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.