Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 21, 2019 2:00 PM

Dec 2018
I am really happy with the rating of this anime going all the way up :)
I remember it went under 5,50, now it is almost 6 (5,97)! And it went up from 5,88 to 5,97 in just 1 day :D
Mar 22, 2019 11:31 AM

May 2017
Once it finishes airing, all the ratings from people that watched less than 3 episodes will get removed from the score. The overall score will get a large boost then!
Mar 22, 2019 1:10 PM

Dec 2018
ycleped said:
Once it finishes airing, all the ratings from people that watched less than 3 episodes will get removed from the score. The overall score will get a large boost then!

Damn, that is awesome! I am really glad because I think this anime deserves a better rating, and many people probably gave it a very low mark because of the CGI animation, while the story and the backstory of the character actually developed a lot...
We will see, I will cheer for this show and hope it has really a rating boost :)
Mar 22, 2019 11:29 PM

Jul 2015
We had such situation with Kemono Friends.
From >5 to 7.8 in two days.
Clearly deserves it, because it is truly the hidden gem of this season or maybe even the year.

Mar 24, 2019 9:13 AM
Aug 2014
I don't rate shows before I watch the last episode, so there's my 10.
Mar 24, 2019 9:19 AM

May 2012
I watched few episodes from this. It one of the worst shows in this season. Unbelievably boring with horrible visuals, no interesting plot or characters. With all the good anime in this season I'm surprised that some people are watching this shit
Mar 24, 2019 10:41 AM

Jan 2015
@thepath you don’t know what you’re talking about
Mar 24, 2019 11:31 AM

Dec 2018
thepath said:
I watched few episodes from this. It one of the worst shows in this season. Unbelievably boring with horrible visuals, no interesting plot or characters. With all the good anime in this season I'm surprised that some people are watching this shit

Trust this is really a good anime, just give him some episodes and it will amaze you
Mar 27, 2019 2:53 AM

Dec 2018
@ycleped @piromysl damn, It went from 5,98 to 6,78 :0
Mar 27, 2019 4:47 AM

May 2017
justasadguy said:
@ycleped @piromysl damn, It went from 5,98 to 6,78 :0

Told you it would :^)
Mar 27, 2019 7:19 AM
Aug 2015
justasadguy said:
thepath said:

Trust this is really a good anime, just give him some episodes and it will amaze you

Well I have seen every single episode, and I do think it's a dreadful show.
Not because of the CG, though it is painfully amateurish at times, but because it is a story that doesn't really say anything, its characters are all bland and uninteresting, and the narrative, well, doesn't even really exist. They just travel through samey environments, either reiterating their one-note personality traits, or fighting faceless monsters, and that's about it.
Nothing is really learned, no one is developed as a character. It's just a meaningless journey for its own sake.
Mar 27, 2019 8:25 AM

Feb 2016
balagergo said:
justasadguy said:

Not because of the CG, though it is painfully amateurish at times, but because it is a story that doesn't really say anything, its characters are all bland and uninteresting, and the narrative, well, doesn't even really exist. They just travel through samey environments, either reiterating their one-note personality traits, or fighting faceless monsters, and that's about it.
Nothing is really learned, no one is developed as a character. It's just a meaningless journey for its own sake.

Reading your reasons makes it hard for me to believe you watched the show because we do see chara development (wakaba chapter 1 is totally different from wakaba chapter 12, same for rin, for example), the narrative is well dome and foreshadowing is great, even tiny details end being important and the plot is revealed on the right moments. The momentum built towards the end is great and the show gives you enough room to make your own theories, but to each their own I guess. I hope you'll find an anime you like soon.
Mar 27, 2019 11:18 AM
Aug 2015
Azumi-tei said:
balagergo said:

Reading your reasons makes it hard for me to believe you watched the show because we do see chara development (wakaba chapter 1 is totally different from wakaba chapter 12, same for rin, for example), the narrative is well dome and foreshadowing is great, even tiny details end being important and the plot is revealed on the right moments. The momentum built towards the end is great and the show gives you enough room to make your own theories, but to each their own I guess. I hope you'll find an anime you like soon.

Well, I have no ill will towards your enjoyment of the series, but I really don't see any of that.
How is Wakaba any different? He started out as a well-meaning dork way out of his element, but willing to risk his life to help others, and ended up the exact same way, the only difference being that he got himself some tools to be more effective at doing his shtick.
Rin is tsundere and her development was solely that she swung from one end of the spectrum to the other, and most of that change took place literally in the last seconds of the final episode. Until then, she was constantly a broody character whose sole interest was in protecting her sisters (and harboring a crush for Wakaba, which didn't really change at all from the start; accidentally flashing glimmers of her affection, quickly hiding it behind pretend-angriness).
For the others, there's not even this much. They're just there.
What is exactly well done in the narrative? it's an endless repeat of "moving to a new island->monster appears->new clue about the past is discovered->way forward is cleared". I don't really see any foreshadowing here, it's more like there's a backstory that is revealed piece by piece after each monster fight. It's not foreshadowing anything, mostly because there's nothing to foreshadow.
As for the momentum it builds, I'd say that only happens in the last two episodes, until then, they just aimlessly move forward without any plan or real idea of what it is they're trying to reach.

Of course, I'm not saying that one couldn't enjoy it. I'm sure it clicks with you much better than it did with me.
But in that case, could you please explain to me what you specifically mean by these point you've raised? How do the characters change? What bits you thought were greatly foreshadowed? What are those tiny details?
I'd be happy to hear your thoughts about it! Maybe then I could start appreciating this show a bit more then.
Mar 27, 2019 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
What the fuck? Is the show actually good? I loved Girls' Last tour and I'm into minimalistic storytelling so maybe I should give this a shot. Haven't watched anything from this season yet.
Mar 27, 2019 12:59 PM

Dec 2018
HungryForQuality said:
What the fuck? Is the show actually good? I loved Girls' Last tour and I'm into minimalistic storytelling so maybe I should give this a shot. Haven't watched anything from this season yet.

I think you might like it, just don't drop the show after 1 episode, try to go on, the story and characters only get better
Mar 27, 2019 1:01 PM

Oct 2018
Went up all the way to 6.79 so far. Not sure if people trolling at this point.~
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Mar 28, 2019 8:34 PM
Dec 2017
This show and wataten were tied as my animes of the season. Not a second went by that I didnt enjoy kemurikusa completely. The worldbuilding was fantastic and interesting and the characters were incredibly well written. The cgi and character design was good enough I felt. Will miss this show a lot.
Mar 29, 2019 7:43 AM
Oct 2017
It's at 6.94 now, wow. The show deserved at the very least a 7.00 and I'm glad it is getting there.
Mar 29, 2019 7:59 PM

Jun 2017
I'm really surprised it still hasn't surpassed 7 like Kemono Friends did
Mar 30, 2019 2:01 PM
Jan 2008
mhkr said:
I'm really surprised it still hasn't surpassed 7 like Kemono Friends did

Now it has, we're up to 7.04 now
Apr 2, 2019 5:17 PM
Jul 2018
This definitely deserves the above 7 average. I need to catch up on the last couple of episodes
Apr 5, 2019 5:04 AM
Feb 2019
looking for 7.5 point is not too greedy right?
Apr 12, 2019 5:45 PM
Apr 2017
reporting in: 7.10 as of today

when you thought only e-sports had good comebacks
Apr 18, 2019 1:33 AM
Mar 2018
My interest in this show was spiked from the time it was announced to come to prime, but I never really got around to directly want to watch it, since the ratings were low. But then a site I frequent on a daily basis made a review about it and while it seems to a double-edged sword it might have the same trashy way of making it interesting enough to stick until the end, just like Kokkoku, where I needed a couple of episodes to stop watching it (a bit too much mystery and drama for my tastes). Biggest downside I heard was the animation and some of the tropes they used, but when you liked or didn't really mind shows like Tesagure! Bukatsumono you will get your fill here as well...
Apr 20, 2019 7:23 PM

Feb 2017
still not high enough, honestly this deserves a mid-high 8 rating on the site. The show blew me away.
Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.
Apr 23, 2019 10:02 AM

Mar 2008
This should be at the 8 range.

And the Volume 1 BD refuses to leave the bests selling ranking, it's the fourth week, it's only behind Manaria Friends.
May 7, 2020 11:16 AM
Nov 2008
If they had cut out the small talk and repetitive exposition dialog this could have fit down into a good movie. The show was 70% explaining the setting to the viewer via Wakaba and his gawking around at everything and anything.

It's not bad, but at least once an episode they'd be expositing about some triviality and I'm like, "You've already explained that!" or, " How about letting the audience make an inference once in a while instead of flat-out telling us?" It really makes it seem like the target audience is 10-12 years old (which it probably is).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 3 Discussion

Liddo-kun - Jan 23, 2019

22 by tam_fortress »»
May 11, 2022 1:00 AM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

Liddo-kun - Mar 20, 2019

34 by PokefanPT »»
Oct 27, 2021 3:08 PM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 12 Discussion

Mkim - Mar 27, 2019

45 by little_raven »»
Oct 18, 2021 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 9 Discussion

Gildesh - Mar 6, 2019

11 by little_raven »»
Oct 15, 2021 10:17 AM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VanishingKira - Jan 9, 2019

73 by koley »»
May 6, 2021 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.