Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 24, 2019 8:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Krone has that devious look on her face...

A lot of mind games as expected. The first half built more into the developing events with talk between Mama and Krone about their plans. The demons are also back in some brief scenes. I felt the episode is pretty tense with the other kids continously planning their escape.

Emma seems to be dealing with it better than before. Sister Krone is definitely someone to keep an eye on. That looked more like a test to see who can survive and evade her the longest rather than a game of hide/seek.
Stark700Jan 24, 2019 10:01 AM
Jan 24, 2019 9:59 AM

Sep 2017
No reply yet?!

I love mind battles and this show is super good at it. Some tense moments here and there but a great episode overall.

ボールルームダンサー
Jan 24, 2019 10:06 AM

Jul 2017
Again, another great episode. Really intense and things are slowly starting to unravel XD
Jan 24, 2019 10:09 AM

Jun 2016
So they skipped even more things, change others to go with the changes and.. we're already up to chapter 10? Almost 5 chapters in an episode.. dude, if i didnt read the manga i would be enjoying this way more but i just cant go back 2 years now. Inner monologues didnt show up so i guess its safe to assume there will be none until the end.

Also why did they cut this :(

Jan 24, 2019 10:18 AM

Mar 2017
This episode gave me chills of absolute horror! Sister Krone is creepy af! Ray, Emma and Norman are the dream team, man! They work so well together and cover each others weaknesses... but Emma's downfall is definitely gonna her kindness
Jan 24, 2019 10:19 AM

Nov 2016
Sister Krone isn't quite as creepy as in the manga, but still a force to be reckoned with. Her monologue was so amusing, lol.

I also loved how badass Norman and Ray were. Intense episode again, the pacing is fine too. They're really doing a good job within the limitations of a single cour.

Kinda sad how some mainly focus on the aspects they dislike.
FMmatronJan 24, 2019 11:19 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 24, 2019 10:20 AM
Feb 2016
AyumiVk said:
So they skipped even more things, change others to go with the changes and.. we're already up to chapter 10? Almost 5 chapters in an episode.. dude, if i didnt read the manga i would be enjoying this way more but i just cant go back 2 years now. Inner monologues didnt show up so i guess its safe to assume there will be none until the end.

They maybe considered it too much of a spoiler I haven't read the manga, but I'm guessing since I didn't draw that conclusion from watching the show they figure other people wouldn't but with you saying that now I know how they plan to move forward. They're tryna make it so you don't know anything until it happens. I think they'll end up using that quote maybe next episode
Jan 24, 2019 10:22 AM

Jul 2016
tbh i think this episode is a bit rushed. dont get me wrong, they've done it pretty good that you can still accept all of the information. rush episode means more content for the end game :D
Jan 24, 2019 10:22 AM

Mar 2018
kater_tot said:
This episode gave me chills of absolute horror! Sister Krone is creepy af! Ray, Emma and Norman are the dream team, man! They work so well together and cover each others weaknesses... but Emma's downfall is definitely gonna her kindness

Sister Krone looks like a disney vilain, she even sings ... Mom is way creepier imo.

AyumiVk said:

well i haven't read the manga so thank you, seems important enough not to be left out.
Jan 24, 2019 10:26 AM
Feb 2016
I kinda find Emma annoying, I understand everyone can't be as cool and calm as Norman and ray cause there wouldn't be a show in the first place. Then again they're only 11.
Jan 24, 2019 10:28 AM
Mar 2016
I like this episode more than the previous one. They managed to potray Sister Krone's madness perfectly. The game of tag scene is also interesting to watch. I'm still hating on how they cut all monologues making the mc looks dumb compared to the manga. I noticed some scenes were cut but I could tolerated it. Btw, is it just me or are they really
. So far, I give this adaptation a 7/10 score, but I do hope I will improve the score in the next and future episodes
Jan 24, 2019 10:31 AM

Dec 2017
i don't really like that they always give sister this psycho face. like, ok, i get that she's eViL, can you stop pointing this out so many times?
anyways, the episode wasn't too bad. some mind games from both sides
Jan 24, 2019 10:32 AM

Mar 2013
Now this was a good episode. Because for once it's not obvious what's exactly going to happen as things progress. It feels like a worthwhile thriller.
It was interesting to see things from both sides too. Krone is a fun character, feels like she was kinda needed as a third "force".
Jan 24, 2019 10:33 AM

Sep 2014
Lol Krone was certainly creepy during her monologue and those faces. The tag game was quite intense.
Jan 24, 2019 10:33 AM

Feb 2017
sister krone seems way crazier than she was in the manga. absolutely loved it
gyatsoJul 17, 2022 7:25 AM
Jan 24, 2019 10:47 AM

Feb 2016
I don't remember Krone being so Edgy on the manga xD. Probably the addition of fluent animation and her voice actor.

AyumiVk said:

I'm gonna make a campaign to nuke Cloverworks if you want to join... lol

It's sad to see this great manga get such a poor adaptation. Not getting any monologue would be really bad, because most of them had an emotional impact to the reader.

I remember reading this panel last year and I was like "Dayum Norman"
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 24, 2019 10:47 AM

Mar 2016
Why the hell does Krone remind me of Ushiyama from Golden Kamuy (aka D***-sensei)?? xDDD
Jan 24, 2019 10:49 AM

Mar 2016
AyumiVk said:

ehhh, I consider the adaptation its own thing, with the source material as basically a fuel tank of referencing. I've said this before many times, I don't see how playing "spot the differences" really helps in terms of determining an adaptation being good as an anime series in general.
Jan 24, 2019 10:54 AM

Jun 2016
Ryuseishun said:

ehhh, I consider the adaptation its own thing, with the source material as basically a fuel tank of referencing. I've said this before many times, I don't see how playing "spot the differences" really helps in terms of determining an adaptation being good as an anime series in general.

From what i know i can give my own opinion about an episode.
I've been following the manga since the first arc ended and when i saw the anime announcement some time later i was really looking foward to it. I dont know if you have read the manga, but if you did im sure you would be most likely annoyed that they are cutting so much. The inner monologues are the first arc strongest points and they just chose to remove them completly in the anime.
Readers have the right to be dissapointed.
Jan 24, 2019 10:59 AM

Aug 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Krone has that devious look on her face...

A lot of mind games as expected. The first half built more into the developing events with talk between Mama and Krone about their plans. The demons are also back in some brief scenes. I felt the episode is pretty tense with the other kids continously planning their escape.

Emma seems to be dealing with it better than before. Sister Krone is definitely someone to keep an eye on. That looked more like a test to see who can survive and evade her the longest rather than a game of hide/seek.
Sister Krone is insane. What I wonder is why they do not climb into trees and travel like monkeys from tree to tree. It will not leave traces and one could also drop stuff on sister krone

Mar 2016
AyumiVk said:
Ryuseishun said:

From what i know i can give my own opinion about an episode.
I've been following the manga since the first arc ended and when i saw the anime announcement some time later i was really looking foward to it. I dont know if you have read the manga, but if you did im sure you would be most likely annoyed that they are cutting so much. The inner monologues are the first arc strongest points and they just chose to remove them completly in the anime.
Readers have the right to be dissapointed.

Details will be cut, regardless. There's no series that has made an exception to that rule. I'm more anime-only, but even if I was into manga and LN, it would be poor judgment for me to try to grade a show based on loyalty to the book sources. It's honestly pointless in most cases to try to judge like that if you're inevitably gonna be disappointed 95% of the time due to a handful of missed things here and there.
Aug 2018
at first i wasnt sure if the anime could keep up With the quality of the manga since they look different in style. This episode however cleverly adapted the scenes from the manga in a different way and it worked out well.
Jan 24, 2019 11:00 AM

Aug 2012
mneav3 said:
why did Ray mention the year 2015? Did he mention it before?
maybe they had books printed up to that year?
Jan 24, 2019 11:01 AM
Nov 2018
These two mamas are way too creepy. The new one is even grosser but she ain't that smart cookie. I'm patiently waiting to see them got beaten up. Still.. so many enemies left even if they finish dealing with those mamas..
Yasuhiro-Mar 19, 2019 6:14 AM

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Jan 24, 2019 11:02 AM

Jun 2016
Ryuseishun said:
Details will be cut, regardless. There's no series that has made an exception to that rule. I'm more anime-only, but even if I was into manga and LN, it would be poor judgment for me to try to grade a show based on loyalty to the book sources. It's honestly pointless in most cases to try to judge like that if you're inevitably gonna be disappointed 95% of the time due to a handful of missed things here and there.

Dude, i don't care. They could have been doing the adaptation way better and that is fact.
If you dont like my opinion then to bad, just ignore it.
Jan 24, 2019 11:07 AM
Aug 2018
Longing4Abyss said:
Egco0 said:
at first i wasnt sure if the anime could keep up With the quality of the manga since they look different in style. This episode however cleverly adapted the scenes from the manga in a different way and it worked out well.

Not it didnt, go re-read the chapters.

Well its been a while since i read it yes, but even if its not much some minor changes gave a different vibe than when i was reading. it wasnt meant to be told in the manner i did making it sound like a FACT. perhaps my phrasing in what i meant should have been better.
Jan 24, 2019 11:08 AM

Apr 2008
I haven't read the manga, and I'm enjoying watching a series that doesn't really rely so much (or at all) on inner monologues (since it's something most anime do). The pace is faster and it makes me wonder what are they going to do next. I think it works pretty well in a thriller like this one, and I apreciate it when they do not feed us with too much info.

Also Ray already implied pretty strongly that they should kill the adults in the scene they are washing the dishes, so I don't see why we would need Norman to spell it for us.

On another hand, Emma is looking weaker than the boys which is a bummer. I like her compassionate nature, but I want to see more of her strength.
Jan 24, 2019 11:09 AM

Mar 2016
AyumiVk said:
Ryuseishun said:

Dude, i don't care. They could have been doing the adaptation way better and that is fact. If you dont like my opinion then to bad, just ignore it.

Oh, no question, there's stuff that could've improved, I won't deny that. But just because they missed a couple of stuff here and there doesn't necessarily make this show a wreck. I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's just that even when all the resources are there to make an adaptation, it doesn't mean the adaptation will be following every footstep from its source material. There's no feasible way for that to happen unless the conditions are 100% ideal, which is NEVER the case considering how the Jp entertainment industry is, both then and now. Like we should be a bit more thankful for getting a decent adaptation at the least in the first place.
Jan 24, 2019 11:11 AM

Aug 2018
It kinda makes me nervous how reckless the new sister is. During the tag game, she screamed out her plan and the details of the harvest. I feel like her being more apt to make risky decisions doesn't bode well for the kids
Jan 24, 2019 11:15 AM

Mar 2014
I'm really enjoying the anime, but this first arc really should've had 25 episodes, man. I don't like how much they're rushing things to fit it into 12 episodes. The reason why the manga is so good is because of its slowburn development. The inner monologues are gone, so we don't get to know the characters as well as in the manga. It would've been so, so good if the season had 25 episodes :'(
Jan 24, 2019 11:19 AM
Jul 2017
kiz-chan said:

Also Ray already implied pretty strongly that they should kill the adults in the scene they are washing the dishes, so I don't see why we would need Norman to spell it for us.

Same here. I'm just an anime watcher, haven't read the manga, and to me this is hands-down the best show of the season so far. Incredibly gripping and well-paced, when this episode was over I couldn't believe it's been 20-sth minutes already...

This show kind of has an Erased sort of feeling about it to me, although the two shows aren't really similar. Does anyone else get the same vibe?

I'm kind of ambivalent about reading the manga now though. I want to, but I don't want to feel the disappointment the manga readers seem to feel about the show (and I do get why that can be, with the tears I've cried over Overlord).

P.S. the best new show of the season, otherwise Mob Psycho is the best one in my opinion.
Jan 24, 2019 11:20 AM

Jun 2016
@Ryuseishun

I never said this adaptation was a wreck, did i? I just said i could have been enjoying it more if i didnt read the manga, because it is way better without a doubt.
Seems like you dont want to see negativity but i do have my right to complain if i want.

kiz-chan said:

I just really wanted to see that scene animated because norman looks badass and he's my favorite, i dont have any reason other than that.
Jan 24, 2019 11:24 AM

Mar 2016
AyumiVk said:
@Ryuseishun

I never said this adaptation was a wreck, did i? I just said i could have been enjoying it more if i didnt read the manga, because it is way better without a doubt.
Seems like you dont want to see negativity but i do have my right to complain if i want.

I understand that, but just letting you know, having unrealistic expectations from any adaptation in general is not really the best way to go.
Jan 24, 2019 11:30 AM

Aug 2016
These kids seem to be assuming a lot, regarding the state of the outside world and technology.
As someone who hasn't read this manga, I wonder if they missing out things from the manga that gives them actual information or do they make a lot of assumptions there too.
The new assistant is a crazy lady, wonder what it meant when she said thank you for bringing me over from the other side....interesting.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Jan 24, 2019 11:31 AM

Nov 2017
Very good episode but it was definitely better in the manga, Sister Krone's creepy face should have more details tbh and in the manga the moment they say that there's a mole there's a long talk to get to that conclusion, in the anime it seems to come out of nowhere.

The setting was also way more memorable in the manga.

And I also prefer the slow pace of the manga, it doesn't feel like I'm watching Death Note anymore :/, but that's just my personal opinion, it might be better for an anime to be fast paced.

Jun 2016
Ryuseishun said:
AyumiVk said:
@Ryuseishun

I understand that, but just letting you know, having unrealistic expectations from any adaptation in general is not really the best way to go.

What "unrealistic"? They could be doing a better job, but they arent. It was undoubtedly possible for them to be doing better with the adaptation so i dont know what the hell you are talking about.
Also, can you stop? I dont really want to fill this thread with just this stupid argument.

Oct 2013
This anime is decent, I like it but it lack good soundtrack, and there are some scenes that didn't have any soundtrack and it was all silent footstep, art work looks average close up and atrocious from a far, they didn't even bother drawing their faces.

Also a lot of interesting scenes cut out and, I like the art style in the manga more, it is a lot more detail and sister Krone look a lot more crazier in the manga.

That said and done, it still a decent adaptation so far, I enjoy some parts of it, but I think this could have been handled better.

This wont be the next big thing at all as some where saying.
keragammingJan 24, 2019 11:35 AM
Jan 24, 2019 11:37 AM
a car

Jun 2017
I'm a fan of the manga and unlike other manga readers, I've been seriously enjoying this show so far. Granted, I haven't re-read the manga, nor do I have a photographic memory of every little thing, but this is still a solid adaptation, given that it's from a studio that- from what I understand- is basically A-1 Pictures Jr. or something.

The manga will always be better though. And I am disappointed that they couldn't do Krone's creepiness justice. It's a real shame, since the seiyuu's performance was great overall.
Jan 24, 2019 11:39 AM

Mar 2016
AyumiVk said:
Ryuseishun said:

What "unrealistic"? They could be doing a better job, but they arent. It was undoubtedly possible for them to be doing better with the adaptation so i dont know what the hell you are talking about.
Also, can you stop? I dont really want to fill this thread with just this stupid argument.

I want to give the benefit of the doubt to the staff handling the adaptation. There's likely numerous situations that prevent this from being a two-cour, where the doubled amount of episodes would've handling the pacing of events and certain scenes a lot better. Ofc we don't know the details to that, though.

Idk why you think I was arguing. I'm just trying to make a point, but I'll leave it alone if it bothers you that much. I will confess, though...I'm a bit more critical myself with anime in general nowadays (including "classics"), but it doesn't prevent me from at least trying to enjoy stuff, ofc :P
Jan 24, 2019 11:41 AM

Jun 2014
So this is how it's going to be? Manga readers playing spot the difference and calling the anime trash?

The anime is its own thing, with its own pacing and directorial decisions. They're obviously trying to stand apart from the manga. Just because something was "cut" from this episode, doesn't mean it's going to be left behind. Doubly so for all the "important plot points" that manga readers are crying about.

Trying to judge the quality of this anime by how faithful it is to the pacing and style of its written counterpart is ludicrous. It would be more apt to judge it on it's own merits. What has been shown so far in the anime has been incredible.
(x෴x)
Jan 24, 2019 11:42 AM

Feb 2013
Pretty solid Episode . Krone is a little bit over the top for me in terms of voice acting and being animated, She kinda reminds me of Shu Tsukiyama from Tokyo Ghoul. Still lovng this series though. I really enjoyed the ost when they started playing Tag for training,
Jan 24, 2019 11:43 AM

Aug 2016
HereticHunter said:

AyumiVk said:

It's sad to see this great manga get such a poor adaptation. Not getting any monologue would be really bad, because most of them had an emotional impact to the reader.

To be fair I think they could still adapt that line next episode
Jan 24, 2019 11:47 AM

Jun 2017
Gorsch said:
HereticHunter said:

To be fair I think they could still adapt that line next episode

IS THAT AN ADRIAN REFERENCE, you just won my respect bro
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Jan 24, 2019 11:48 AM

Apr 2015
AyumiVk said:

Quit getting your panties twisted and be this defensive, jesus christ.
You have your right, so does @Ryuseishun but watching you go down a step on the staircase called "levelheaded argumentation" with each exchange is just aggravating to watch.

For you it's a step down and you are ( quite clearly ) up in arms for this being the case in the first place.
He acknowledges that but tries to tell you that the source of your dissatisfaction was pretty much written on the wall before even the first episode aired and that adjusting your expectations will help your enjoyment of the show which to no one's surprise is its very purpose.

So quit the defensive turd flinging, shake hands and widen your horizons kiddos.
Jan 24, 2019 11:49 AM

Mar 2016
bobbyboiii said:
So this is how it's going to be? Manga readers playing spot the difference and calling the anime trash?

The anime is its own thing, with its own pacing and directorial decisions. They're obviously trying to stand apart from the manga. Just because something was "cut" from this episode, doesn't mean it's going to be left behind. Doubly so for all the "important plot points" that manga readers are crying about.

Trying to judge the quality of this anime by how faithful it is to the pacing and style of its written counterpart is ludicrous. It would be more apt to judge it on it's own merits. What has been shown so far in the anime has been incredible.

Heh, finally someone who states this truth better than I ever would.
Jan 24, 2019 11:49 AM
Nov 2018
This episode was really good and i'm enjoying every minute of this series for what it is, i don't expect the anime to be a copy paste of the manga because they are different mediums that work in different ways but it's true that this adaptation has skipped some stuff(mainly inner mo ologue and more cat/mouse game) but what has been presented so far in the adaptation has been great. If this has a fitting finale it could perfectly be a great adaptation.

kiz-chan said:
I haven't read the manga, and I'm enjoying watching a series that doesn't really rely so much (or at all) on inner monologues (since it's something most anime do). The pace is faster and it makes me wonder what are they going to do next. I think it works pretty well in a thriller like this one, and I apreciate it when they do not feed us with too much info.

On another hand, Emma is looking weaker than the boys which is a bummer. I like her compassionate nature, but I want to see more of her strength.

This series does rely a lot in inner monologue, that was one of the main strenghts of the story's first arc(the one been adapted), the pace has been good but it could perfectly fine be done way better because the skipped parts so far would have made it much better than it has been(also it is understandable that some things would be skipped because this will be only 12-13 episodes but it could be way way better). Emma is the most phisically gifted of them all, she is a much better athlete than anyone within her age range. Also later(if the anime gets a second season and even in this one) she will show her prowess.
Jan 24, 2019 11:54 AM

Nov 2016
It's kinda getting more rushed every week. I like how they did Krone, but them cutting the internal monologues ruins the mindgame feeling and the adaptation for me.
I don't know why they let the characters scream their thoughts and thus let them look more incompetent, rather than just clearly showing their thought process.
Because of that the characters seem less intelligent and more generic.
This really doesn't feel like the TPN I know. Their doing a decent job in certain fields, but overall the adaptation feels very flat up to now.
DeminusJan 24, 2019 11:57 AM
Jan 24, 2019 11:58 AM

Mar 2016
Fappa said:
AyumiVk said:

You have your right, so does @Ryuseishun but watching you go down a step on the staircase called "levelheaded argumentation" with each exchange is just aggravating to watch.

For you it's a step down and you are ( quite clearly ) up in arms for this being the case in the first place.
He acknowledges that but tries to tell you that the source of your dissatisfaction was pretty much written on the wall before even the first episode aired and that adjusting your expectations will help your enjoyment of the show which to no one's surprise is its very purpose.

So quit the defensive turd flinging, shake hands and widen your horizons kiddos.

Pretty much the case. Also, sorry about that. I was just trying to get across my point in a polite manner.
Jan 24, 2019 11:59 AM

Jun 2016
Fappa said:
AyumiVk said:

People are telling im calling the anime trash when the only thing i did was saying i could have been enjoying it more if i didnt read the source material. My first comment on this thread was only negative aspects of the episode so thats why now people are trying to argue how i am wrong and what i do say are things i didnt like are just normal things.
I mean, of course every adaptation has a huge chance of having cuts and what not, but not being able to give my opinion without people quoting me every 5 minutes really made me more mad than it should've, ngl. Sometimes i even wonder why i try to say anything.
Jan 24, 2019 12:04 PM

Apr 2017
Decent episode. Loving the direction of the show so far. But it's pretty stupid how they cut out the whole 2015 thing.

Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2019

318 by MrList »»
Jun 11, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

moodie - Dec 2, 2018

599 by MrList »»
Jun 10, 9:42 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

247 by LordPotatoII »»
Jun 8, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

568 by sbrxx_99 »»
Jun 6, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2019

219 by masons_anime78 »»
May 23, 9:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.