Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 1:01 PM

Dec 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I feel like they made the show too crazy and convoluted for its own good
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 8, 2018 3:29 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was so depressive and sad :/ I’m so happy that 02 is alive, hope she will be able to go back to normal, you can do it guys!

This episode is so good, we can see everyone is fighting their own problems, and they don’t even know to solve them as Goro said, all they can do is watch :( I really hope they will manage to fix everything.

So happy to see old Nana back! It seems that she is fine now, and btw did Mitsuru regained his memories? Because it seems so.

That ending was so good! For real <3 This whole episode started so depressively but in the end, we can see it…the hope, there is always hope as long as we believe it, and never alone of course!

Amazing episode!
AivanKAug 9, 2018 6:06 PM
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 8, 2018 9:46 PM

May 2012
Haha totally knew she got pregnant! Pretty good job after one try for "humans" that shouldn't be able to do it! Really liked this episode as well to be honest, they all try their best to survive and well Hiro seems dead certain that he wants to fight and get Zero Two back which I find totally great!

Really interesting ending as well so I really am looking for the coming two episodes and I really hope for something impressive as an ending!
Aug 10, 2018 1:08 PM

Dec 2015
Fuck all these characters man, a bunch of retarded idiots. I don't know why this anime keeps wasting this much time.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 12, 2018 2:05 AM

Jun 2013

They’re adjusting to their new life post-VAMPIRE. Zero Two’s still alive but she’s not in there anymore. It’s probably an empty vessel. She made her own bootleg copy of her storybook! She’s bleeding red so I guess that means she’s human now. She’s getting multiple cuts on her body for some reason.

Kokoro’s pregnancy is finally confirmed in this episode and IKUNO’s HAIR OMG!

Without the adults, the Nines are suffering and will probably die soon OR they’ll be saved by Zero Two in some fashion and they’ll be deeply idebted to her.

All I can say is Mitsuru has some potent sperm to be able to get Kokoro pregnant with one session of sex. Who knows? Maybe they’ve done it many times and we haven’t seen it.

Their crops are dying because the magma is sucking all the life and nutrients from their planet. Futoshi, my fat boy was right. Also, NAOMI IS ALIVE! She’s in a cryogenic vessel.

Also, Zero Two is “up there” while her body is just a vessel. That’s why she’s getting scars and cuts because Strelizia is still fighting up there. I’m sure once Hiro goes up there, he’ll obviously encounter a lot of problems. I’m glad his friends and the Nines decided to go up there with him. Perhaps, they’ll meet the cast of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

臭い-
Aug 21, 2018 6:16 AM

Nov 2012
"You can't step in the same river twice." Dang, this episode was an exercise in how to run a proverb into the ground. I'm not sure what Ichigo even meant the last time she used it.
Aug 31, 2018 3:09 AM

Jul 2013
Oh my God what a fucking mess. The shit I took the other day while I had diarrhea looked better than this. I can't help but feel that everyone's overreacting and I know love makes people do stupid things, this shit happens in real life but can you imagine the line "If I can't see 02 smile, I'd rather be dead" like wtf kid are you even using your brain or is your dicking doing the thinking for you? And what's worse is that those two "love" each other cause of some stupid promise they made when they were fucking toddlers. I just can't take this show seriously no matter how I try. I guess this happens too, you start to watch a show blind and sometimes you discover shining, sparkling gems like Made in Abyss, which btw the main cast are also very little kids, and then you can also find utter stinking trash like this. I'm calling it now, the ending of this is going to suck balls.
Sep 21, 2018 3:40 PM

Nov 2017
The first time in the anime where Kokoro is pregnant. Everyone is shocked.
ElyshionNov 20, 2018 3:16 PM
Oct 4, 2018 1:37 PM

Mar 2016
Where's your papa now huh Nines? You fucking bitches!

The problems haven't and will not stop soon... Kokoro is pregnant and is confused about what she should do. The whole planet is unfit for living now. And the war still rages on...

Zero 2 is still fighting all by herself, it's only natural for the stamen, Hiro to be with her, especially after the promise they made and upheld. GORO YOU RETARD HIRO IS TRYING TO SAVE ALL OF YOUR ASS!!! Hiro does seem selfish to a point for not trying to understand how the others feel, but Goro himself is being selfish to not understand what Hiro feels... Well, as the usual way goes. Squad 13 will be together and off to Mars they go...

All the missing children and all of the adults' mind are stored int hat facility huh. This may prove to be useful for the future...
Dec 25, 2018 5:49 PM

Jun 2015
suspected kokoro would be pregnant from the episode she and mitsuru had sex.
i dont really understand 100% whats happening but its not.. terrible compared to what others say
Dec 22, 2019 12:43 AM
Dec 2019
As confusing as it's getting, I agree that the show isn't complete trash. Definitely not perfect right now and not completely original, but so far it's been a good watch. I do not regret watching it and can only wish, like so many other anime, that the minor details that would've made it a full 10/10 were there.

If I were to rate everything up 'till now, I'd give it a 7/10 without my personal bias. I felt that it was just a solid good show overall, which includes the art, plot, music, animation, etc. However I did enjoy what I've seen and I'll bump it up to an 8/10. I am no critic and I have no grading rubric, so this is just on my opinion. Where I stand nothing needs to be original to receive anything lower than a 9 and it was just a solid show with some problems. Just my opinion, and I look forward to finishing this anime no matter how late I started the anime
Jan 14, 2020 9:53 PM

Apr 2015
I had no clue what direction they were going to go after that previous episode, but I can definitely say it's going in a good one that I wasn't fully expecting. Onto the space battle!
Apr 25, 2020 8:22 AM

Apr 2013
This really feels more and more like a TTGL ending is coming, with the totall out of proportion battle in space following soon. Not a fan of that tbh.
May 5, 2020 4:36 AM

Feb 2018
Komoro get pregnancy...
May 14, 2020 6:54 AM

Jan 2013
Kinda silly how the new Nana still insisted on being faithful to VIRM.
The Goro drama felt a bit out of place.
Jun 8, 2020 7:56 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Man, Goro's speech solidifies everything I felt about Hiro. Just when you thought things were going to end up fine, this episode happened.
Jul 12, 2020 3:15 PM

Aug 2008
Didn't the new Nana want to wait for Papa to tell her what to do? Old Nana shows back up and she is on board now though, whatev. Kokoro pregnant of course, one time and knocked up lucky/unlucky her I guess.

Hiro going off to space to defeat VIRM and save Zero Twos mind that is up there fighting and now rest of the gang is going with him for a climatic battle I guess. Time to find out if that story being a metaphor for what will happen to their relationship is true or if defying "fate" is possible. Don't think I care anymore either way what with the antics this show is pulling though I really do want those two to be happy, only bright spot this show has. Not nearly enough to make the show enjoyable though. Two more eps and done.
Aug 1, 2020 9:36 AM

Jun 2020
there was way too much going on in the previous episode. sigh i loved DITF so much, but seems like it fizzled out in the last few episodes

also them just being teenagers & having to deal with all this just hurts me & can someone please give zero two a break, poor girl really she & hiro are just so ill-fated it makes me sick, i can already guess what's the ending like there's so many death flags but just big UGHHHHHHHHHHHH

can only imagine how scared kokoro must be knowing that she's pregnant & at the same time knowing nothing, wish they focused more on mitsuru too they showed him so shocked & then hesitating to reach out but who knows what he's thinking & how he was processing it all

episode ended on a high, while i'm interested to see how the space thing is going to play out but seriously???? with 2 episodes left?

and oh wow the 9s going with them too

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 11, 2020 8:40 AM
Feb 2020
Took me a while to get that "you never swim in the same river water quote" but so deep XD
Oct 11, 2020 9:55 PM

Aug 2018
Ah so her mind is still inside of Strelitzia, interesting...

Apr 7, 2021 5:43 PM
Dec 2020
There is Zero things good about Darling in the franXX, no good characters, shitty ass plot, crappy fights, poor execution, and Zero Two was the only good character, this is by far hands down the worst anime of all time
Apr 11, 2021 6:49 PM
Mar 2021
Zero two was bony. That is all I gotta say. Move on now.
Jun 30, 2021 3:41 AM

Apr 2021
Well they are all headed to space now...Nice...A mission to bring back zero two....Things are getting interesting
Jul 1, 2021 1:55 AM

Jun 2020
They're really suffering out there with only themselves to do all the work, Kokoro is pregnant no surprise there

Zero Two looks so dead and those wounds just suddenly keep opening that's really horrid scene, But the fact that she's still connected from outer space makes it more unpleasant wounds popping out from nothing

What a gloomy episode but they've decided to go off to space once and for all to save Zero Two.
Aug 1, 2021 7:38 AM

Feb 2021
Well the story has become shit at this point but damn I gotta say this episode was hella dark and depressing. Living out in the open on your own is sure tough work.

Mar 20, 2022 11:51 AM

Jun 2020
Me after watching watching Episode 21 and 22:

This is the best way a show can troll us for nothing! Lolwut?!
Oct 29, 2022 1:21 AM
Feb 2022
“my brain cant keep up”

no, the story has just gotten too dumb to understand

edit: i posted this comment before reading the comments above and now that i see them i just have to laugh. glad im not alone
Feb 2, 2023 8:35 AM
Aug 2017
This anime is so fucked now, nothing makes sense. 

Goro says Hiro is being selfish yet he himself is the selfish one

I honestly don’t care what happens in the last episodes I just want to get it over with so I can move onto something actually good
May 5, 2023 11:46 AM

Dec 2022
Barely any of the Nines are still alive. It's hard to keep track of which of them died at what point, considering it didn't show the individual pilot's deaths when they were mobbed by VIRM.

Shaded Horizon

Aug 16, 2023 8:59 PM
Feb 2021
bye bye crops hi nana
Sep 29, 2023 8:47 PM

Nov 2010
At this point, the humans are caught helpless between two monsters duking it out. I wonder what they could offer to turn the tide of the war. Do they still have control of their FRANXX?
Oct 22, 2023 2:11 PM
Jun 2023
see nana back was refreshing. Goro made this episode so good. I still dont get it this concept of 02 mind was still on strelizia outside of her body. I mean, the mind is a product of the brain. If her brain was on earth how could her mind be on space?
Nov 11, 2023 8:56 PM

Dec 2022
Well, now all we can hope for is a happy ending and nothing like the picture books...

Nov 30, 2023 7:50 PM

Nov 2023
Well that was depressing, even though the show is boring
Dec 30, 2023 11:00 PM
Jan 2019
Humanity is an endangered species by its own making. The good amongst them are left to clean up the mess. This outcome is dire.
Jan 2, 9:24 PM
Aug 2018
An episode that might lack in the action, but makes up for it in how adorable, emotional, and exciting it can still be. The team is going to give it their all to help Hiro!
Feb 19, 7:07 PM

Dec 2022
damn Hiro got fucking owned by Gorou owned so hard that it hurt Gorou too
okay hope it's battle royale time
May 15, 12:06 PM

Mar 2023
i can sense a bad ending coming TT

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2018

234 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Today, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

284 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Today, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2018

276 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Yesterday, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

358 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Yesterday, 12:16 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2018

411 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jun 2, 4:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.