Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 3:31 AM

Oct 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow. This episode alone blew all my expectations away, the scene with Karen, Hikari and Junna was insane. The transformation was quite something as well. Looking forward to seeing more of this in the show. Tons of symbolism thrown around as well especiall those pink glowing dots. Exposition was top notch as well.

tfw Umi, Yukina, Arisa and Ria's VA are in this show. Damn.
Aug 9, 2018 7:15 AM

Dec 2016
That dance battle at the end was pretty fucking cool, and while this show has given me a lot of questions it seems a quality enough show that it’ll probably answer a lot of them which is good
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 10, 2018 3:11 AM

Dec 2014
Hikari resembles Umi a lot, also the anime gives a lot of LL vibes even tho it's totally different.
Aug 11, 2018 11:36 PM

May 2015
We're gonna pull a Black Swan now?

I hate it when they gotta introduce all the characters at once. Now I'll never remember who is who...

Theater? Ok, now this sounds interesting.

They sure do play with the backgrounds a lot. And the scenes switch around a lot too..

Random Giraffe....

Ok, never mind Black Swan. This is basically Sucker Punch X Shoujo Kakumei Utena. Lots of object animation that can possibly be metaphors to other things, the outfits and that slash that Karen does highly resembles Utena's finishing blow, and the "dreams" and action scenes that remind me of Sucker Punch. So theater duels. This will be fun. I like theater. I just hope that they slow down on all the dialogue and exposition during the first part of the episode. I was kind of drifting away there...
Aug 12, 2018 12:00 AM

Feb 2018
TheFreycook said:
That dance battle at the end was pretty fucking cool, and while this show has given me a lot of questions it seems a quality enough show that it’ll probably answer a lot of them which is good
Tarotist said:
We're gonna pull a Black Swan now?

I hate it when they gotta introduce all the characters at once. Now I'll never remember who is who...

Theater? Ok, now this sounds interesting.

They sure do play with the backgrounds a lot. And the scenes switch around a lot too..

Random Giraffe....

Ok, never mind Black Swan. This is basically Sucker Punch X Shoujo Kakumei Utena. Lots of object animation that can possibly be metaphors to other things, the outfits and that slash that Karen does highly resembles Utena's finishing blow, and the "dreams" and action scenes that remind me of Sucker Punch. So theater duels. This will be fun. I like theater. I just hope that they slow down on all the dialogue and exposition during the first part of the episode. I was kind of drifting away there...

This series is about musical theatre that inspired by Takarazuka Revue Music School (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takarazuka_Revue). But if in Takarazuka Revue Music only one person can be "Top Star" in a revue. Karen and Hikari made promised that they (two person) and also with anothe cast can stand in the same stage.

I also attach twitter link that give good explanation about this series https://twitter.com/andrearitsu/status/1018943007922507776. I hope if we already understand the premise of this show. we can enjoy it more.
Aug 12, 2018 12:03 AM

Feb 2018
Jacob194 said:
Hikari resembles Umi a lot, also the anime gives a lot of LL vibes even tho it's totally different.

Because Hikari and Umi is voiced by same person, Mimori Suzuko. Also this franchise wa initiated by Bushiroad, same company that supported Love Live School Idol Project
Aug 12, 2018 2:04 AM

Dec 2014
ade-pewe said:
Jacob194 said:

Because Hikari and Umi is voiced by same person, Mimori Suzuko. Also this franchise wa initiated by Bushiroad, same company that supported Love Live School Idol Project

Of course I know that xd, I'm just saying...
Aug 13, 2018 8:06 PM
Dec 2016
I like a lot what of i saw today(i started see today) for moments it seems to me that i was see some shaft work, good feelings for the first one, i will try to be update with the episodes scheduled
Aug 26, 2018 3:31 AM

Aug 2017
Oh, I have many questions.

My only issue is that they introduced many characters in one episode. It's difficult to remember. It feels like a magical girl show.

Basically, childhood friend return and MC headed to some mysterious and big stage. In the stage, childhood friend and another girl.... are fighting? lol. Weird giraffe.
NurguburuAug 26, 2018 4:32 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 1, 2018 8:37 AM

May 2013
Faito Dayo for real 😂
Umi x Honk lmao
Oct 5, 2018 12:35 AM

Jul 2016
A show focused on music, dance and theatrical performances? Since I've never watched an anime based on these topics, I'll give it a try. The plot itself sounds really intriguing.

That second half tho, it was insane. The battle/performance was really nice and the choreography was stunning as well.
Although I didn't understand the giraffe's appearance I mean, why a giraffe?... but well, I assume that it will probably mean something in the future since it seems that this show will make use of symbolism to explain some aspects in a more subtle way, I guess.

All in all, it was a promising first episode. Looking forward to the next one.
Nov 1, 2018 8:10 AM

May 2012
Pretty solid and even rather crazy start of this series, quite like that different world setting as it sure shows off in terms of this anime and setting which if used normally wouldn't be that interesting.

Either way let's see what the rest of this series has to offer in terms of story!
Dec 14, 2018 10:34 PM

Mar 2017
Honoka and Homura ship eh?
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Apr 6, 2019 7:41 AM

Mar 2008
Karen worst girl confirmed
Apr 6, 2019 8:25 AM

Feb 2015
Huh... that was surprising good.

I wish the transformation was a bit longer but thats okay since the 'battle' (i'm not sure what it is yet) was fantastic.
Apr 6, 2019 10:05 AM

Dec 2014
Damn, that was actually pretty good.

The dance battle stuff in the second half was great and that transformation. XD

The giraffe is the culprit, I repeat the giraffe is the culprit. XD
Nov 17, 2019 12:14 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Weird start for the moment, especially at the end, wtf was that ?
Jan 26, 2020 9:20 PM

Aug 2015
Needs more Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku

it's probably not good that this reminds me of Revolutionary Girl Utena, since now I'm just going to compare Revue Starlight to Utena.

looking forward to the yuri angles though
Nov 17, 2020 3:54 PM

Sep 2014
Holy shit that was so good. I can't remember the last time a first episode blown me away like that.
Dec 12, 2020 4:10 PM

Jul 2013
just gonna put this out there

the second scene of the anime, this girl(the roommate) is up at 5:30am fully awake and dressed, we as a civilization would be more advanced if we had this girls ability
Just an anime fan, doing what an anime fan does
Dec 12, 2020 4:44 PM

Jul 2013
so 1 glaring question i have is: karen's class did starlight last year, so did they also have these battle auditions to decide the leads as well?

dont classes publicly discuss who gets what role, or in this school are roles decided after the revue audition is concluded and then a teacher just comes in with the finalized play list and tells them to do it?

then wouldnt each girl need to know 1. all the lines for every character 2. all the movements for each character, or do they not practice starlight at all until the final list comes?

great first episode, hilarious ending, many questions.
Just an anime fan, doing what an anime fan does
Jan 23, 2021 8:10 AM

Feb 2014
I am confused.

If I got it correctly, this is their 2nd year, right?

But Karen looked like she didn´t know about that audition where they have to fight.

So... does that means it didn´t happen in her 1st year? Why?

By the way... for a moment MSMM and Kill la Kill popped up in my mind... lol
May 11, 2021 12:28 PM

Feb 2020
I came here blind and I thought this is going to be a "normal" idol anime. The first episode was pretty mysterious and entertaining.

That giraffe is cute. xD

SerafosNov 3, 2021 9:32 PM
Jun 28, 2021 8:15 AM

Jun 2021
Watched this pilot today because of Suzuko Mimori's birthday and also because of Hinata Sato and Moeka Koizumi's presence... that's three generations of LL seiyuus in one series, as a result i had to give it a watch. It was ...fine. I have a recent history of not being fully convinced from first episodes
(it happened also with LL Sunshine two years ago) but i can see myself continuing this even if it's not become a priority. Some characters are promising, and the setting / school uniforms are pretty cool.
Oct 7, 2021 8:03 AM

Aug 2021
I enjoyed it but I have so many questions!
1. Why did Hikari run to the auditions? It seemed to be her first day, how would she know where they are.
2. Why did the main character not know about them?? It felt a bit out of the blue, extremely confused about this lol
I will keep watching, finding it a bit confusing so far though. I am wondering if the stage, giraffe and elevator are not real but rather a metaphor.
RilakkumaOct 7, 2021 8:06 AM

ᴸᵉᵗ ᴹᵉ ᴮᵉ ᵂⁱᵗʰ ʸᵒᵘ
cₕᵢᵢ
May 18, 2022 3:07 PM

Dec 2020
I have no idea what is going on.
But the animation, and the art style are amazing. This weird angle is also capturing my attention.
Aug 29, 2022 9:17 AM

Feb 2021
The first half was pretty boring not going to lie but I have to say that the last section of the episode was very interesting and made me want to watch more!
Jun 16, 2023 8:19 AM

Jan 2020
Okay, the setting was a bit slow but the battle. DAMN, THAT WAS AWESOME, INCREDIBLE, SUPERB. I have high expectations for what comes next.

MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
May 15, 9:00 PM

Jan 2022
While the Skyrim weapons SFX during the audition threw me off, the episode is very interesting and made me look forward to the next ones.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2018

33 by splatongus »»
Jul 4, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2018

27 by Mat2468xk »»
Jan 25, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2018

49 by Mat2468xk »»
Jan 24, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2018

87 by Mat2468xk »»
Jan 24, 9:51 AM

Poll: » Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2018

37 by Mat2468xk »»
Jan 24, 8:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.