Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 29, 2018 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty much a follow up episode from the previous one and used to conclude the series as a whole.

There's still the usual RPG style gimmicks and Satou doing his thing like always. Compared to other episodes, this one didn't improve any better and it's a shame. Oh and Arisa's childish antics is cringe worthy to watch lol. That scene with Nana from this episode was also uncomfortable to watch imo.

I think from the start, this show was just uninteresting and turned into an incredibly blend story with an awful protagonist. This finale didnt improve his character or develop him any better than it should have.

Mar 29, 2018 8:44 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
And at last the last episode is here. Despite the challenge it was nice seeing the girls work so hard to make the vials though. Still being able to anticipate enemy interference and prepare accordingly is something that Satoo is good at. Timely in this case as well. But Satou summoning the count as his trump card for dealing with the rebel sure was unexpected. The letter that Satou sent to Zena sure was cute though. The story about the heroes though sure was interesting. Satoo sure ended up having quite the harem in the end though. It's been long journey but that was a good way to end it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2018 9:23 AM

Jun 2015
What a boring finale for a boring show. Satou was able to make all 300 vials with some help. The scene in the wagon was stupid. Not a good show overall. It wasn't good in the first place anyway. 2/10
Mar 29, 2018 9:31 AM

Nov 2010
Got pretty boring by the end of it. The first episode was so promising though.

Nothing really happened even in the final episode.
Mar 29, 2018 9:41 AM

Jun 2014
What I expected from this show and what I got were two completely different things. Not knowing anything about this at the time of its anime announcement, I assumed something with the words "Death March" in the title would be action-heavy. While there was some action, it was mostly slice of life stuff.

Not only did I not get what I expected, it was also uninteresting, boring, and filled with the cliches that one would expect from a typical isekai show. Art/animation and music weren't memorable, the story was whatever, and of course, the characters were basically walking tropes. I think two things that stood out greatly in terms of what I hated the most about this show was Satou's voice and the loli that ended EVERY. FUCKING. SENTENCE. with "na no desu" (lol even at the end I don't remember her name).

So yeah, in case it still wasn't clear....I didn't like this show (to put it lightly).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 29, 2018 9:45 AM

Dec 2012
I think we can all agree that this show should be marked as a member of the Slice of Life genre.
Mar 29, 2018 9:49 AM

Sep 2016
To put it bluntly, it was disappointing to say the least. The anime didn't really have a sense of direction with the story. It seemed it was more focused on small stories and world building (which isn't a bad thing mind you). I guess I just went in expecting a bit more from a story perspective. Some back stories for our cast would have been nice but we didn't get much of that.

I give it a 5/10 overall. It wasn't bad though and I did enjoy it for what it was going for, but at the same time I would have wanted more out of it. It's just an ok anime. Intro opening was nice. Wonder if this will get another season.
Mar 29, 2018 9:51 AM

Jul 2012
I’ve been reading the web novel since the fan translation started few years back and boy am I disappointed in how the anime turns out. I understand the episode count imposed a limit considering the amount of content that they can actually squeeze in compared to what is in the novel but hell the anime was boring as fuck. But then again, the MC only aim was to have fun, relax and hunt cooking ingredients for god sake Hahaha. Now that I think about it, a lot of the action was played down, cut short or... just wasn’t there? Agh I can’t remember clearly anymore but to hell with it. The show only aim is clearly to help spread the light novel so I take it they did achieve that. Sort of. Well, my local Kinokuniya bookstore did ran out of desumachi stock a few times over the past months. So there’s that.
ArcxivMar 29, 2018 9:54 AM
Mar 29, 2018 10:21 AM

Jan 2012
Potions and vial making continue to take speedy focus in our finale this week. Plus some harem shenanigans and fanservice thankfully of the non-loli variety. I mean Nana and her big, beautiful tits of course! XD I guess there was a bit with that hand licking stuff but I'm gonna ignore that. Anyway this was a solid adaptation overall I'd say. Although I must admit I wasn't as enamored with it as I was the manga when reading it. I'm not sure if it's because it was my second time experiencing the material, or if the manga wasn't as good as I remembered or the pacing was off or what. Still I'd say 7 out of 10.
Mar 29, 2018 10:39 AM

Dec 2010
Plot was mediocre but the rest was fun, i like the character design and the girls personality. World building also is pretty nice. I like mmorpg and progression so it was a ok ride.

4/5 overall.
Mar 29, 2018 10:41 AM
Mar 2016
Boring.............................................................................................................
Mar 29, 2018 10:44 AM

Jul 2017
The series to boot...is just like how the promotional videos ad it to be...

And it remained that way ever since...

A SoL harem, one too generic that can be skipped without hesitation.
Mar 29, 2018 10:52 AM

Mar 2010
the story defenittly has potential, but though goin through every little detail still people complain abouth holes.
this anime was a too lay back and uneventfull, and almost all the plots ended with an anty climatic ending. so I give this 6/10 with no hope of s2.
Mar 29, 2018 10:59 AM

Oct 2011
The most anticlimactic ending ever - finishing the minor encounter & giving fan service for half the episode. Almost as it we have 12 more episodes to a proper season end... Lost potential

Mar 29, 2018 11:05 AM

Aug 2008
Series about nothing. If it wasn't for MC acting like an actual adult at times I would say it's even worse than mobile phone series. Shame.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 29, 2018 11:22 AM
Aug 2016
So bland that my white bread and hot milk that I enjoyed afterwards seemed spicy. If you're gonna do the fanservice, at least don't make the guy practically asexual.
Mar 29, 2018 11:24 AM
Jan 2018
Another lucky harem protagonist! xD
Like the girls said: LEWD!
Mar 29, 2018 11:50 AM
Nov 2012
I loved this series. It's quality is about 7, fairly judged by mal. But the enjoyment factor is a high 9!

Despite the mediocre quality, I enjoyed it to death.
Mar 29, 2018 11:55 AM

Feb 2017
Though I understand why people call it boring, to me my biggest gripe is that people were saying is was actually a SoL in an isekai setting were the protagonist used his OPness just to have fun and make life easier to those around him and at the end though we do get that from time to time the rest of the show is just generic isekai crap of OP self-insert bland protagonist fixing the world.
Mar 29, 2018 12:00 PM

Jul 2017
Man, that was boring as hell. That's four hours of my life gone on a bland anime with no boring MC and a non existent story.
Mar 29, 2018 12:02 PM

Mar 2015
What started out as a trash isekai that's even worse than the rest improved till it became just a trash isekai. I liked how it expanded on how the world works unlike the usual anime but it still felt kinda boring. If there's a second season, I'll probably watch it just to see what's left in their story (especially after that hinting about why Satou was summoned) but I hope if there really is one, it doesn't end up becoming worse.
Overall 4/10 for first 8 episodes. 6.5/10 for the rest.
Mar 29, 2018 12:30 PM

Dec 2017
i don't know what moved me to watch this anime, lol

silver link does a really great job at doing plain animation, just like last season's 'imouto sae ireba li' - has a potential at start and just goes downhill as a part of slice of life
Mar 29, 2018 1:09 PM

Jul 2013
Why was this episode called "A Trip to the Underworld..."? They never even hinted at the idea of going there in the episode
Mar 29, 2018 1:24 PM

Feb 2015
This was one of the most bland generic Isekai shows I've seen. Right up there with smartphone. It doesnt help having a super bland MC, stupid loli harem and shonky animation. Utterly forgettable 4/10
Mar 29, 2018 1:24 PM

May 2015
The whole anime was a waste of time, I don't even remember why I watched it in the first place. They tried to do some interesting moments and explanation of the concept, but everything was just trampled by a bunch of uninteresting girls.
Mar 29, 2018 1:44 PM

Dec 2016
That was very clever by Satou to hide all the potions in case something bad happened.

Ah nice plan asking the witch to bring the Count in to help with the situation.

I was just waiting for someone like Arisa to be present during that scene with Nana.

Lol more lewd vibes from the other girls when the young ones were licking his fingers.

I really enjoyed this anime from start to finish, I hope for another season.

9/10
Mar 29, 2018 1:53 PM

Feb 2015
This show was just so...Forgettable. Nothing really stands out and it was a pretty boring journey tbh. Definitely one of the weaker shows of the season.
Mar 29, 2018 1:59 PM
Sep 2017
So, that was an underwhelming finale. This should've been a 24 episode thing, because ending it after 12 episodes it felt like not much happened and it leaves a very forgetful taste.
Mar 29, 2018 2:01 PM

Aug 2013
While it is true that the characters, animation and stories are far from interesting, I thoroughly enjoyed the concept it is going for. A slice of life about an OP MC trying to enjoy the isekai world with his game mechanics.

Many people seem to complain about the show being boring because nothing much happened, but that is the essentially the point of a SoL series. You should not condemn a series for the genre it falls into. For example, I wouldn't go out and say any mecha series suck because I don't personally enjoy the mecha genre.

Overall, Death March was enjoyable but still got tons of issues.
5.5/10
Mar 29, 2018 2:23 PM

Dec 2012
bledsoe60 said:
Why was this episode called "A Trip to the Underworld..."? They never even hinted at the idea of going there in the episode

I'm curious about this too
Mar 29, 2018 2:35 PM
Oct 2016
What a misleading name for the episode. Well, it's not the first time.

And so another one ends. To say the least, it was good. Could've been better on some things, but at least it's better than Smartphone.
Mar 29, 2018 3:03 PM
Jun 2014
bledsoe60 said:

Because it'll bore the person watching to death.
Mar 29, 2018 3:15 PM

Apr 2016
You know, even this this finale was an utter fiasco, I still won't give the show that much of a hard time. Its protagonist is actually funny and is a cheeky mother fucker (and is way, way better than say, Tatsuya, Tooya, etc.), and he does Kirito better than Kirito from SAO. The show can be amusing and even somewhat charming at times. The first 8 minutes were still the best part of the whole show tho

5/10
Mar 29, 2018 3:48 PM

Nov 2014
Well.It was fun journey.
Round of applause for those who kept on calling the show boring and watch till the end. The number of tsundere are growing these days.
Mar 29, 2018 3:49 PM

May 2015
Eh, not much of a great finale. Same goes for the show - average at best. Glad that this is over to be honest. It just really didn't do it for me. Forgettable show.

5/10.

Mar 29, 2018 3:53 PM

Aug 2015
What? That's it? What a lame ending, is there going to be a season 2 or something or was that just shit writing?
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Mar 29, 2018 3:56 PM

Sep 2016
Isekai Smartphone had a better final episode than this imo.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Mar 29, 2018 3:57 PM

Feb 2015
What a cute little series. I'm glad I picked it up again once I'd dropped it. It wasn't the best series I've watched, but I thoroughly enjoyed it; sometimes, that's all that matters, especially with isekai. It's definitely intrigued me enough to read the LNs, so I guess it did its job.

8/10
Mar 29, 2018 3:59 PM

Feb 2015
PolarCyrus97 said:
Isekai Smartphone had a better final episode than this imo.

I agree with you there, though I think this series was better overall.
Mar 29, 2018 4:07 PM

Sep 2013
The potion problem is solved with some problems but they get the count to make it official.
They did the backstory on the gods too, the dragon god is the one satou killed at the start.
The group goes on together 8/10
Mar 29, 2018 4:29 PM

Jun 2009
First few episodes gave a wrong impression of the show, set it up to be something it failed to achieve.

While I don't mind slice of life, I found harem and ecchi to be out of place and wasted here, making the overall experience irritating.
Mar 29, 2018 4:49 PM

Sep 2015
I very meh series different from what I expected it had some cool moments and some decent characters. I also don't mind the adult lewd echo moments and some parts were funny. Still very meh 6/10
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Mar 29, 2018 4:51 PM

Jul 2009
I had high hopes after the first few eps but it never delivered. Hope there isnt a s2, so many other shows that deserve it more
Mar 29, 2018 5:35 PM

Dec 2014
the series came to end.... but it was overall fine I guess
Mar 29, 2018 5:36 PM

Dec 2016
All in all a really fun and exciting show that is not nearly as basic and cliche as one may think
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 29, 2018 5:53 PM

Sep 2015
The anime make this into another Kirito face harem while its not.

Maybe will check the book later.
Into the Internet!
Mar 29, 2018 7:04 PM
Nov 2017
This show started as a potential favorite anime of the season other than my anticipation for Citrus but that didn't turn out well either. I was so excited to see a harem without a MC whose an obnoxious immature pervert. However, it ended very quickly when I found out he was I think 29 in the real world so he cant understandably sleep with the slaves who love him bc there all under 17. The only one who would be ok is the clone who looks like a grown woman but off course has no human intelligence so taking off her clothes so he could pass magic to her heart using her breast didnt faze her at all. So by the end of this show he supposedly slept with the resturant/love hotel girl but thats not even explored at all. So I ended up with an anime that even this site took off titles such as harem and romance and just used fantasy. And bc there further than the manga they couldnt make up even a cliffhanger. 4/10 Only for how sweet the girls are at heart after a rough life and the only likeable ecchi scene in this episode.
Mar 29, 2018 7:24 PM

Oct 2017
Anyone knows which part of the web novel should I start after episode 12?
Mar 29, 2018 8:03 PM

Dec 2014
Well this was easily the weakest of the show that I completed this season. I definitely expected something else because of the title but my problem lies not in that my expectations were different but that what I actually got was just a bland, mediocre isekai show that had hardly anything going for it. The show itself felt very uninspired and lacked any sort of charm considering it was more slice of life than action. None of the characters were strong enough to carry the show, they lack both the individual strength and the group dynamic which is not really a good thing considering there isn't a really plot they can rely on to carry the show. Ultimately, this just ended up as yet another Isekai harem power fantasy that really had nothing to appeal to me. To be honest, after the first few episodes I was pretty sure I wouldn't like the show all that much and it's unfortunate that I was right. Even the art and the soundtrack weren't memorable.
I said in the first episode, the fact that the OP is by Run Girls, Run! and the ED is by Wake Up, Girls! is and was the best part of the show.

5/10, to be honest, I got through 12 episode solely because of the Wake Up, Girls ED.
Mar 29, 2018 8:20 PM

Nov 2015
7/10. It was "good" but nothing spectacular. In comparison to other Isekais, this was probably slightly above average.

The beginning was promising with the whole "hero" thing, but as things dragged on, nothing changed.

I wouldn't be opposed to a season 2 if there was more story and action.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2018

138 by damoInstinct »»
May 19, 2:25 AM

» Yes they're still in the first town. That's why I like it.

TitanAnteus - Feb 16, 2018

1 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
May 14, 4:27 AM

» Isekai Animes are going to start needing Bechdel Tests

Talamare - Nov 8, 2023

15 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
May 13, 1:28 AM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2018

146 by RamonDehon »»
Mar 16, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2018

122 by lostinursheets »»
Mar 13, 10:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.