Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 29, 2017 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, pretty much a follow-up episode.

Kinda liked how the mood is back to really cherry again. This episode is also giving Souta more time. I feel like he's becoming slightly more confident now. Looks like all the students are making their last moments of memories in this show. Taking photos, reflecting on their school year, etc.

It was an alright show overall imo. I think 6 episodes for this actually works better than a regular length.
Dec 29, 2017 8:01 AM

Apr 2016
I agree, 6 episodes was perfect. If it was 12 it would've felt to dragged on.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Dec 29, 2017 8:11 AM

Nov 2007
It's graduation time. Video club people need to clean up all their stuff, and all art club people got somewhere to go after graduation.

So the main girl aims to be an art teacher now, and SuzuKen's character still decides to go to oversea to find out what he doesn't know.

So SuzuKen's character represents his year for graduation ceremony. KajiKaji's character at least got to contact his interest. HiroC's character gave main girl a CD.

HiroC's character giving the two a chance to be alone because SuzuKen's character is leaving the next day. Writing out their thoughts on black board is so interesting.

IN song by Akatsuki? Their distance remained 10 cm. before he left.

The CD (DVD) later revealed the reason behind the movie deleting the illustration at the end and SuzuKen's character's feeling.

MBS broadcast in Spring 2018.
https://twitter.com/HoneyWorksMovie/status/946942012216844288
tsubasaloverDec 30, 2017 6:38 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 29, 2017 9:37 AM

Sep 2011
Good final chapter. Though it's a little strange to see Mochita and Akari's relationship. We can see Mocchi's confession in the movie but that's all. They start dating for real in Christmas and it's not really shown here xD He's asking her if it's okay to contact her even when they have already done couple-like things. Mocchi pls.

I'm also a little disappointed with the photo scene. Where are Midori, Sena and Koyuki? :(

But overall, as a fan of the franchise, the final scenes set 7 years later are gold and I screamed like a crazy fangirl. Cute to see them doing well and lovey dovey :) <3

The detail of the ending song is good too. I like how it's the same music but somewhat different lyrics.
"If you wish so ardently for your life to disappear then give it to me!"
Dec 29, 2017 10:27 AM

Apr 2016
An actual time skip, with happy end for all three couples ? HELL YEAH!

But still it was pretty much teen drama.
Dec 29, 2017 11:34 AM
Nov 2016
Yeah, it was short and sweet.
All of them got together in the end and that seems a bit unrealistic but it was still warm and fun to watch I guess.
Dec 29, 2017 11:39 AM

Dec 2014
Nice finale, also kinda serves as a conclusion to the series itself.

Glad to see that all three couples got their happy ending.
Miou-chan sensei makes me laugh. xD

It was a pretty sweet series overall, just like it's movie counterparts. Might feel little cliched but it's still really sweet and I enjoyed watching it.
7/10
Dec 29, 2017 12:20 PM

Jul 2014
I'm crying, it was super satisfying seeing Miou and Haruki finally end up and close their 10 cm distance after all this time.

It''s nice how Sensei was talking about "inokori", seeing how Inokori Sensei was never animated.

And I love how they have a conclusion song to Hatsukoi no Ehon. I love the lyrics to RE:Hatsukoi no Ehon, Miou has matured so much. It was a very beautiful ending. :')
Dec 29, 2017 12:25 PM

Jul 2017
That time skip was enjoyable to watch, especially seeing all the conclusions for the main characters.

Really enjoyable series apart from the unnecessary/overdramatic drama that occurred on multiple occasions

Swagernator said:

Well it was based off music videos so I wouldn't really expect a groundbreaking story lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dec 29, 2017 12:59 PM

May 2015
Ahhhhh I loved this so much T.T My new favourite adaptation out of the three. I'm definitely way too biased with being a HoneyWorks fan already but I loved every moment, and I smiled during so many of the episodes. I was sad when it was first announced to only be 6 episodes but it was definitely the perfect length. Overall, new music was really good, really enjoyed how the story played out and I was definitely satisfied with the ending.

I can't imagine there being another HoneyWorks anime after this, considering all the main characters have had their focus, but I still somehow want another one eventually.

I will say I'm bitter over the lack of Sena, but I'm strong enough to get past that (just slightly)

♡ artist
サコ
Dec 29, 2017 1:55 PM
Dec 2017
This is my first time commenting on an anime here so please bear with me :) .

In my opinion, even though the anime was short, I feel like it moved perfectly. The characters didn’t seem rushed into falling in love like most short animes, which was a huge relief. They left it up to the watcher to assume how their friendship and connection grew to romantic feelings over the years that they didn’t show. The story line was cute and conveyed encouragement to follow your dreams. I would rate this a 5/5 if they put in more character development with other people rather than just Miou and Haruki. I think it would’ve made the ending much nicer, but I do understand why they didn’t, being that it’s only 6 episodes. I feel like Haruki’s reaction to his brother’s dream being his dream as well was a bit dramatic in all honesty, but when Miou slapped him it made things die down a bit which i also liked. They used his distress as a chance for Miou to finally speak up for what she believes in.

I haven’t read the manga yet, but I’m planning on doing so soon... which chapter does the anime leave off on? Or is it better to start from the beginning? Thank you for taking the time to read this :D!
Dec 29, 2017 3:53 PM

May 2015
Hmm, a decent finale. That huge timeskip, though, lol.

Not much else to say other than that I enjoyed it as much as the movies.

7/10.

Dec 29, 2017 5:12 PM

Jan 2016
Yes, it's cliched, but it still so good!

A very sweet anime, the 6 episode length was perfect for this show. 8/10
Dec 29, 2017 5:55 PM
Jun 2017
just love the finale episode, it is indeed a sweet finale for Miou and Haruki...

*and for me this ending is way better and sweeter than the Just because! finale ive watched yesterday!!!
Dec 29, 2017 11:05 PM

Jul 2014
-gianna said:
I haven’t read the manga yet, but I’m planning on doing so soon... which chapter does the anime leave off on? Or is it better to start from the beginning? Thank you for taking the time to read this :D!

It's adapted from music videos, not manga, but there are novels. This anime was supposed to focus mainly on Haruki and Miou. If you wanted focus on the other characters, you should watch the movie adaption, Zutto Mae kara Suki deshita: Kokuhaku Jikkou Iinkai, where Haruki and Miou got little screen time.

There's a lot of songs and a lot of characters, so I suggest checking the wikia out.
Dec 29, 2017 11:11 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Beautiful ending but I'm NGL....I thought that Natsuki and Yuu would have already been married and possibly with child lol

8/10 for me
Dec 30, 2017 1:40 AM
Sep 2017
Myrga said:
Good final chapter. Though it's a little strange to see Mochita and Akari's relationship. We can see Mocchi's confession in the movie but that's all. They start dating for real in Christmas and it's not really shown here xD He's asking her if it's okay to contact her even when they have already done couple-like things. Mocchi pls.

I'm also a little disappointed with the photo scene. Where are Midori, Sena and Koyuki? :(

But overall, as a fan of the franchise, the final scenes set 7 years later are gold and I screamed like a crazy fangirl. Cute to see them doing well and lovey dovey :) <3

The detail of the ending song is good too. I like how it's the same music but somewhat different lyrics.

I think it's because they want to focus more on the six main characters. Even in the movies, Sena and Midori only got a few screen time. They probably didn't let Koyuki be a part of it because it would probably change the story slightly if Koyuki was a part of it--Since Haruki and Miou's story was much older than Koyuki, Hina and Natsuki's little brother.
Dec 30, 2017 1:59 AM
Sep 2017
uratanuki said:
Ahhhhh I loved this so much T.T My new favourite adaptation out of the three. I'm definitely way too biased with being a HoneyWorks fan already but I loved every moment, and I smiled during so many of the episodes. I was sad when it was first announced to only be 6 episodes but it was definitely the perfect length. Overall, new music was really good, really enjoyed how the story played out and I was definitely satisfied with the ending.

I can't imagine there being another HoneyWorks anime after this, considering all the main characters have had their focus, but I still somehow want another one eventually.

I will say I'm bitter over the lack of Sena, but I'm strong enough to get past that (just slightly)

I really do hope that Koyuki's (lover?) will somehow have a scene with him--preferably an OVA. I also think there will be more HoneyWorks movies/series since there are a lot of main couples that didn't have enough screen time and development like;

Akari and Souta
Midor and Sena
Koyuki and the girl (from Tokyo Winter Session mv)
Hina and Natsuki's little brother (the second movie was pretty much based around the love triangle)
etc...
Dec 30, 2017 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
AngelCam33 said:
I really do hope that Koyuki's (lover?) will somehow have a scene with him--preferably an OVA.

I really do hope they'll have a new series or at least a movie for them! She's a new character after all... But, it might take a long time though. HoneyWorks didn't have a new song centered around their relationship yet. Hehe
Dec 30, 2017 7:39 AM

May 2017
They're probably the most boring couple ever lol but they're still interesting regardless hardly any skinship and they're "NOT DATING" all those years in highschool

3rd couple was forced af

8/10
Dec 30, 2017 9:05 AM

Dec 2008
So for 7 years he didn't come home to visit or keep in touch with her?
Dec 30, 2017 9:51 AM

Sep 2011
AngelCam33 said:

I think it's because they want to focus more on the six main characters. Even in the movies, Sena and Midori only got a few screen time. They probably didn't let Koyuki be a part of it because it would probably change the story slightly if Koyuki was a part of it--Since Haruki and Miou's story was much older than Koyuki, Hina and Natsuki's little brother.

I understand Midori and Sena didn't have much screen time in the movies or this series (even though Midori is supposed to be good friends with Haruki). They have an anime short exclusively for themselves, so I'm happy for them and I don't complain. And Koyuki's part was shown in the movies too, so no drama either.

What I mean is they should have been in the photo that Natsuki proposed to take, because they are friends. On the original MV, they took the picture together.
They didn't need to change anything about the story, but just make the protagonists call them out for the photo. It's a graduation!!!! This was the moment to say goodbye to all the characters! That's what I'm complainning about.

TsundeReaper said:
They're probably the most boring couple ever lol but they're still interesting regardless hardly any skinship and they're "NOT DATING" all those years in highschool

3rd couple was forced af

8/10

Which couple do you mean? Akari and Souta?? It seemed forced because their story has not been adapted yet. This anime only focused on Haruki and Miou. You can see the begining of their relationship in the first movie though.
If you are reffering to Natsuki and Yuu..., well, the whole first movie centered around them.

Namu12 said:
So for 7 years he didn't come home to visit or keep in touch with her?

Apparently, yes. He just sent her some videos on her birthday or other specials days, probably.
"If you wish so ardently for your life to disappear then give it to me!"
Dec 30, 2017 10:43 AM

Feb 2016
There are things that could have been better Imo, but it was fine so far, quite enjoyable even if I wanted Miou to jump off a bridge.

6/10
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 30, 2017 12:55 PM

May 2015
In my opinion this is how a show needs to end... that is the only thing I wanted closure for all the characters introduced in this anime and I got it...
Dec 30, 2017 3:08 PM

Jul 2014
YES! Finally, the FIRST couple in this Kokuhaku series that kissed! I'm so happy for them.

I love Natsuki's appearance the most after 7 years, that proposal! Yuunatsu is the first to marry out all of the couples, huh. I'm happy for them too.

Now for Mochiaka, Mochita is so sweet! Also I love how Akarin defended her boyfriend. They need to get their own anime/movie adaptation. Seriously, they're the only main couple that doesn't have one.

Overall, I love this adaptation. Probably my favourite out of all 3.
Dec 30, 2017 4:17 PM

Nov 2013
That was a fun show, 6 episodes was perfect.
Dec 30, 2017 6:59 PM
Oct 2016
Hello! I just watched the series and I liked it a lot. Now that I have finished the series I would like to see the movies or the specials that there are. What order I have to follow to watch the movies or specials. Thank you!
Dec 30, 2017 7:37 PM

Feb 2017
So the last episode turned out to be the best one. And that is how it is supposed to be :)

Dec 30, 2017 7:43 PM

Apr 2017
7 Years is very long time, Anyway great ending!
Ayam_GoyengDec 30, 2017 8:00 PM
Dec 31, 2017 12:45 AM
Sep 2017
Leimp said:
AngelCam33 said:
I really do hope that Koyuki's (lover?) will somehow have a scene with him--preferably an OVA.

I really do hope they'll have a new series or at least a movie for them! She's a new character after all... But, it might take a long time though. HoneyWorks didn't have a new song centered around their relationship yet. Hehe

I swear, if it will be another frickin' love triangle, and koyuki gets hurt---I will seriously punch the bish who stole his lover.
Dec 31, 2017 5:50 AM

Nov 2014
Eita_Izumi said:
I agree, 6 episodes was perfect. If it was 12 it would've felt to dragged on.

Imo it felt like it was dragged out since episode 2
Dec 31, 2017 6:30 AM

Apr 2016
RamonRoca98 said:
Hello! I just watched the series and I liked it a lot. Now that I have finished the series I would like to see the movies or the specials that there are. What order I have to follow to watch the movies or specials. Thank you!

This is my recommended order:
First Movie
Second Movie

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Dec 31, 2017 7:27 AM

Dec 2014
well such a great ending...BTW it isn't normal to wait this long.... after the credit I was like finally.... Yes
Dec 31, 2017 4:37 PM

Feb 2013
This episode felt long... 5/5 was very good though.

7 years... wow, big time skip. (Is it normal in Japan to wait 7 years to get married?.. for some reason I think it's probably trending upward)

They went for the happy ending (but that's what this series does). Haruki finally closed the gap! Best couple.

7/10 (good)
Better than the movies. This had much better drama.
Dec 31, 2017 4:55 PM

Jun 2013
damn right in the feels
Dec 31, 2017 5:35 PM
Jun 2014
Swagernator said:

Was it really a happy ending though? On the surface it pretty much does at the very end, but he's been away for 7 years and will go back to the US and keep living there (nothing points to it being otherwise), while Mio still lives in Japan. I'm not sure i can call that a happy ending.

It's certainly typical, the side characters have down to earth romance while the main couple is overcomplicated and only have an afterthought ending, which lacks a proper conclusion.
Dec 31, 2017 6:42 PM

Oct 2015
They literally took 10 years to close those 10 cm
Jan 1, 2018 7:06 AM

May 2017
Myrga said:

TsundeReaper said:

3rd couple was forced af

8/10

Which couple do you mean? Akari and Souta?? It seemed forced because their story has not been adapted yet. This anime only focused on Haruki and Miou. You can see the begining of their relationship in the first movie though.
If you are reffering to Natsuki and Yuu..., well, the whole first movie centered around them.

I've seen both movies, obviously not Natsuki and Yuu

I'm referring to that Akari and Mochi something yeah that might be him, Souta, we've seen plenty of them in the movie enough to call them forced coz it's really forced after this

Natsuki's otouto and Yuu's imouto aren't forced in Natsuki and Yuu's movie centered, that one movie equals the amount of Akari and Souta's development in both that movie and in this tv series and they're still forced. Them not having their own story yet is not even an excuse
Jan 1, 2018 8:04 AM

Nov 2011
Yo who is chopping Onions in here!!!! T_T

Damn I did not think we would get a confession, I was like damn man something stupid is going to happen. Then that ending!!!! OMG TEARS
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 1, 2018 12:57 PM

Sep 2013
Finally a kiss after not seeing each other for 7 years. Pretty sweet end with some cheesy drama but still better than Just Because final ep. The show's pillar is MiouxHaruki unspoken love, so regardless of cliches if you're not a fan of these two,
you ain't gonna enjoy this.
LeSponge said:
just love the finale episode, it is indeed a sweet finale for Miou and Haruki...

*and for me this ending is way better and sweeter than the Just because! finale ive watched yesterday!!!

Well I too was irked by JB's final ep, dragging all around the show and just 'here...happy?..off you go'.
Jan 1, 2018 2:47 PM

May 2012
Really lovely closure I must say, was really lovely to see a time jump! Really loved that ending and in general this short but quite strong in emotions anime was quite lovely to watch!
Jan 1, 2018 2:55 PM

Oct 2012
7 years? That's really overkill if you ask me, dunno why they separated them for so long (it's university plus some time in the training, yeah, but still...). After so much time they would found someone better as subtitute for sure... or at least had some short time relationships. They should make it one year at most to make it believable. And the fact that they didn't send each other any message or call each other was also jarring... I dunno what writers were thinking, this was way too idealistic and unreal.

Other than that I liked the episode. Natsuki/Akari's epilogues were nice and their first kiss too. Liked their older designs too. Too bad they didn't show Yuu's sister's future too, Hina was sorely missed in this anime (but she would probably steal the show otherwise :D)

I wanted to give 7 but it's probably more on par with Zutto Mae kara Suki Deshita. Though I can say I enjoyed it.

6/10 Good romance with nice twist with several flaws in writing. Suki ni Naru Sono Shunkan o is still the best anime of the trilogy.
Jan 1, 2018 3:39 PM

Jul 2015
Some people may see 7 years is pretty long, I left my country since I was 3rd year HS in 2011 and I haven’t gone back to see the girl I liked.(I did not even ask to be my gf). You know there is social media you can contact them but still I didn’t got a chance yet to go back.

This show really got me, it maybe cliche or what but sometimes it can relate to people lives. Peace out :)
Jan 1, 2018 4:47 PM

Apr 2016
It was nice to see Miou and Haruki's dreams come true! :) It's wonderful that Haruki instantly flew back to Japan to see Miou, and they said they loved each other!! They closed the 10 cm gap!!

Congrats to Natsuki and Yuu on their engagement! ^^ It's nice to see Souta and Akari happily dating. <33

I really liked seeing Miou and Haruki's patience and understanding. :)

LOL, that DVD recording... xD Haruki didn't say he loved Miou there! ;P
Jan 2, 2018 3:58 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Overall, a very cute series, 6 episodes is just right. I could really do without last episode's drama though, but I also really liked how Haruki reacted to Miou's reason for avoiding him. A+++

I'm still more interested in the Akari x Souta couple though, they were my favorite in the first movie. I can also see how it can seem forced, but I still find the couple more entertaining.

I also agree that 7 years of no direct communication is a bit too much. 4 years I can understand, but 7 fucking years. Well I understand that if you love someone, and there's no other person that interests you in those years, then you will keep loving them. You can't really force your feelings to change. Miou does seem like the type to keep to herself and especially not become close with the opposite gender, so it's plausible.
Jan 2, 2018 4:54 AM
Mar 2012
Well the usual angsty teen stuff with romcom, but did enjoy it.
Music was perfect, drew me in regardless what derp the kids decide to get stuck with. Need to watch those other movies later, since the two other pairs also seem interesting. Character designs were all nice, tho Akechi sensei seemed the hottest, after 7 years still single?
Use of colors & a bit related themes were good. Funny Haruki's short reminded of Seiren endings.
Jan 2, 2018 11:38 AM

Oct 2010
7 year gap with ZERO contact was absolutely stupid. Other than that, fun little ride. They should've at least used internet to communicate over the years...
Jan 2, 2018 4:03 PM

Oct 2008
What a happy ending for the three couples! especially for Miou & Haruki!
Akari & Mochizuki both are adorable together.
And Yuu and Natsuki were the first to married.
4/5.
7/10.

Jan 2, 2018 6:08 PM
Jul 2015
Myrga said:

I was smiling so hard the entire time !!!!! Ahhh I'm so happy it ended with this time skip otherwise I would've felt so empty !! A very sweet sweet ending !!!! I AM SO SATISFIED ♡
Jan 2, 2018 7:04 PM

Jun 2013
7 years ???? Really ??? So, ok...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2017

54 by makaylagirl »»
Jan 1, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta. Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2017

31 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 14, 2023 2:05 AM

Poll: » Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta. Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2017

26 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 4, 2023 7:58 AM

Poll: » Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta. Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

49 by Skelenone »»
Sep 3, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta. Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2017

44 by RawrOMG »»
Aug 14, 2023 10:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.