Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 19, 2016 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another relaxing episode with some training. This one reminded me of the previous one with the onsen as well.

Koyori and Agari also had some classic ping pong games. Idk this episode just felt like another regular episode. It did kinda felt like a finale I guess since it reflects on the story with the girls playing ping pong again. Other than that, I wasn't too impressed by it. I love the captain though.
Dec 19, 2016 10:35 AM

Apr 2010
This anime was like a buildup to the finals and eventually we don't see the girls go to the finals.
It was a nice anime to watch tho.
And one thing i really have to say which is rare for me is that i really liked the background music, it sounded pretty good.
Dec 19, 2016 11:40 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well if there is no second season, that was a rather awkward way to end it
Dec 19, 2016 12:11 PM

Jan 2014
The music was great - literally an OST every episode. 9/10 enjoyed this anime.
No game no 2nd season.
Dec 19, 2016 12:14 PM

Aug 2013
Definitely in my top 3 of this season. Extremely relaxing, perfect for the beginning of the workweek. 9/10
I love the artwork and beautiful animation. This is exactly what I call good art and animation.
Great OST and OP/ED + insert songs. I ordered CD, and can't stop maratoning it (great mastering btw, it sounds awesome on the headphones with good player and loseless files ripped from my CD).
Btw, Hanabi is probably my favorite character.
Secondseasonwhen.
rsc-plDec 19, 2016 12:23 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 19, 2016 12:30 PM

Dec 2014
Lovely and really pleasant finale to the show, considering the way they ended it, I doubt we'll get an S2 but I hope we do get one someday.

Koyori sitting on Agari's shoulders was really funny, Why did she even do that? xD

Nice insert and montage of everyone training, Agari randomly practicing her smash was almost as if she was dancing to the song. XD
Glad to see everyone improving and getting better, It's also really nice to see the main group teaching the younger members.

Love how everyone ended up at night practice and had a tournament, Kiruka opened her eyes too. :D

It's really heartwarming to see how good friends Agari and Koyori are now, All those Agari blushes this episode. <3

Overall, In my opinion this was the most underrated show of Fall 2016. It was a really pleasant and pure-hearted sports show, loved the pure passion and zeal everyone had for the sport. There was no complex theme or characters, everything from characters to their relationship was kept simple and sweet often giving the show a very soothing and heartwarming feeling to it. This worked really well with the pure-passion theme the show was going for making at an overall really pleasant and extremely enjoyable experience.
As or the table tennis matches themselves, they started out with really zealous and excellent presentation. My only slight disappointment was that after the initial episodes they games were sped up or rather rushed through and even ended up with still frame animation at multiple points which is kind of a bummer given how well presented the initial matches were. Nevertheless, I still really enjoyed them and watching Koyori doki-doki playstyle always had me smiling even if it was overplayed at points. XD

8/10, Pleasant, heartwarming, zealous and all round enjoyable. Would have given 9 if the match quality hadn't fallen towards the 2nd half of the series.
I hope we get an S2 someday.
Dec 19, 2016 12:33 PM

Aug 2016
Loved it! Would love to see nationals in a 2nd season. 7.5/10 >8.
Dec 19, 2016 12:33 PM

Jun 2012
Really fun and heartwarming series, would love to see 2nd season, but...im little worried if we get it, since they showed final of Nationals in credits already, both, one of my favorite parts of this series, is that they really are team of friends, when Agari have problem, everyone helps her best they can.
Dec 19, 2016 12:38 PM

Sep 2015
I looooooove this show so much, one of the best this autumn *-* I'm going to miss the OP tho
Watching this every monday (worst day of the week ofc) was perfect for me ! Too bad that anime can never be endless (naruto)
9/10, not 10
Dec 19, 2016 12:43 PM

Apr 2013
Assuming they come out w/ a season 2, then I'd give this 8/10 so far as a show.

As far as a specific season goes, (and especially if they don't continue), then I'd have to drop it to 6/10 because this honestly wasn't an ending at all.
Dec 19, 2016 1:16 PM

May 2012
Not the most satisfying ending, and I feel like we're not getting a season 2 T_T Hope I'm wrong though since I really enjoyed it.

I give this a rating of Spats/Dokidoki suru

Also, dat Kururi at the end was adorable

Dec 19, 2016 1:20 PM

Sep 2016
is that... season 2 teaser? kuma girl school and koyori playing against that black haired girl wearing socks with same dog logo as koyori.

but then Index season 2 ending is also like this and season 3 never come...

SEASON 2 PLS *HOKU HOKU*
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 19, 2016 1:23 PM

Oct 2012
Omg Kururi's normal smile is so precious
Olem said:
Also, dat Kururi at the end was adorable
It's too preciousssss

Decent finale, definitely gonna miss this show. Always hoping for a S2 but not getting too hopeful.
The ship moments were so apparent this ep, decent amounts of Kiruka x Munemune, Hokuto x Hanabi and a lot of Koyori x Agari.
The whole ambience of the team when they had that final tournament at the camp was really pleasant and fun, I love the mood that this show presents.
I need more heart-racing matches!

Doki doki suru!
Please make S2
gust11Dec 19, 2016 1:29 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Dec 19, 2016 1:55 PM

Jun 2014
Bloody good series this is. We definitely need a proper tournament arc.
I'll be waiting patiently.

Agari is the best girl <3
Dec 19, 2016 1:59 PM

Nov 2013
one of the best animes this season for sure...
i seriously hope they make a season 2 cause after all this talk about the tournament...can't end the anime with just practice lol

beat her to death tsumujikase koyori! LOOL i didn't see that one coming =D
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Dec 19, 2016 3:07 PM

Aug 2014
Great final episode for a great show. Incredibly surprising how much I actually enjoyed it and its easily in my top 5 for this season. I dont see us getting a season two any time soon or at all and thats just sad.

The OP and ED were great, I loved all of the characters, nice visuals.

Incredible show and very underrated in my opinion.

9/10
Get your shit straight Brenda
Dec 19, 2016 4:36 PM
Oct 2016
You can definitely feel the studio's lack of confidence with that ending, lol. I hope they get a shot at a second season.
Dec 19, 2016 4:50 PM

Jan 2016
lots of fun stuff
positive vibes all the way
bell-girl was spooky

lot's of happy ping-pong

glad to see they ended with winning the championship, game set match

im sad though, loved her laugh episode one but they weren't definitive enough on the ending just in case of season 2 chance, I WANT THAT CYNICAL LAUGH!

Dec 19, 2016 5:07 PM

Dec 2014
Holy shit this show was great. It wasn't the most deep sports show ever, but it did very well with what it had. Each episode had me excited, even the slower ones. Each character was lovable, and the animation is surprisingly really good.

Would love to see a sequel, but I doubt it will get one, like most recent shows.

9/10
Dec 19, 2016 5:08 PM

Jan 2009
12 episodes are never enough for a sports anime!
It was a good show, surprisingly I enjoyed it more than most of this season's shows.
Dec 19, 2016 5:10 PM

Nov 2016
Wow! What a way to end the final episode! I thought it was so good that the girls practiced so hard in the training camp. Everyone was doing their best and I loved how the juniors were inspired by their seniors to not give up. I think that teaching them how to make powerful smashes and increase their footwork made a overall effect on the team as a whole. Hokuto and Hanabi were just as funny and wanting to do better after what happened last time when they both had their matches from Mozuyama. I liked how Agari appreciated so much for Koyori being there with her and the time spent with each other to perfect themselves.

The last tournament scene where the rest of the girls were competing with each other was enjoyable and relaxing to see them to give their all. Agari was just so amazing that she was willing to teach her juniors to learn the loop drive and Koyori for the same about getting their hearts racing. I'm very happy that Agari was able to beat Koyori one last time before having to leave the training camp. I think they all learned a invaluable experience while coming there and it really did pay off.

I really, really enjoyed this series very much and it made my heart race so many times as the matches were interesting and the precious time they spent with table tennis. I really do want a second season, but because of the post-credits scene, I'm not sure if it's possible given they showed that. Anyway, the music BGM is really amazing, the OP and ED are cool to listen non-stop, and the animation was really good if I say so myself. I'm going to miss this series and I love all of the characters.
Dec 19, 2016 5:47 PM

Jul 2009
That's my favorite anime this season, by far. Sad that's already finished... Cross our fingers for a second season soon!
Dec 19, 2016 5:52 PM

Sep 2016
I just read the whole raw manga until vol.4 lol. vol.5 is just released very recently this month.
this anime covered until the end of vol.2, and the next match after this take full 3 volume.
idk if this studio will ever make sequel anime, but it's going to be so long

i hope someone just scanlate the manga (also Keijo!!!!!!!!!!)
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 19, 2016 5:55 PM

Nov 2015
GangsterCat said:
I just read the whole raw manga until vol.4 lol. vol.5 is just released very recently this month.
this anime covered until the end of vol.2, and the next match after this take full 3 volume.

Dang, unless they cut out a lot, that doesn't sound too reassuring for a second season ): Guess I'll pick up the manga then; this end felt a bit anticlimactic as a place to stop.
Dec 19, 2016 6:06 PM

Mar 2014
im going to buy volume 1 to hope for season two sooner
Dec 19, 2016 6:09 PM

Sep 2016
ECHOnce said:
GangsterCat said:

Dang, unless they cut out a lot, that doesn't sound too reassuring for a second season ): Guess I'll pick up the manga then; this end felt a bit anticlimactic as a place to stop.
it's doable, like this season's match vs zakuro's school are simultaneous 5 matches at once and they only show koyori vs kurumi (the other matches finished off-screen) in the manga, but in anime it's extended to 1 match / episode to fit the season.

and the training camp is supposed to happen BEFORE kumami appeared. they could just do the training and leave kumami and the whole future opponents from the anime. there is no reason to make kumami appear before trianing camp like in the anime if they aren't planning for season 2

i have high hopes. plssssssssss make season 2!!!!
CrossAnge

Dec 19, 2016 7:25 PM

Sep 2008
One of my favorite shows of the season, I liked the plot, the characters and the whole vibe. Some light yuri thrown it too which is always welcome. A positive theme, you practice hard and go for your goals and you'll get there. I doubt there will be a 2nd season, so it's goodbye to this one but I really enjoyed watching. 8/10
Dec 19, 2016 7:52 PM

Jan 2011
This being cut at 12 episodes is a major disappointment. While it being almost literally an inferior copy of Saki it was enjoyable. Kinda wish this season took us through at least districts but alas maybe in another season. If it happens. I doubt that it will.
Dec 19, 2016 8:38 PM

Aug 2015
What a heart racing series one of the relaxing anime next to Stella no Mahou, also great episode nice to see the first years/fan girls got some screen time in the end and somehow improved. We've got a sneak peek of the all-girls school where Kumami is currently enrolled at and that black-haired girl in episode 1 facing Koyori in somewhat finals match I'm waiting for season 2.

Episode 4/5
Anime 9/10
Dec 19, 2016 8:48 PM

Jun 2013
Sweet ending to a show that ended up being a lot better thani expected!
I would love a second season!
8/10
Dec 19, 2016 10:12 PM

Mar 2015
I rather liked the anime it was fun and had a great sound track. I can only hope it gets more.
Dec 20, 2016 12:55 AM

Aug 2013
season 2 plez?

8/10
Dec 20, 2016 1:16 AM

Jun 2011
If goddamn Days and most likely Yuri on Ice!!!! gets an S2, then this anime deserves it more!
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Dec 20, 2016 1:26 AM

Mar 2008
Welp, here ends another awesome anime that will most likely never get a season two. I hate when they do this shit.
Dec 20, 2016 1:34 AM

Nov 2015
GangsterCat said:
ECHOnce said:

it's doable, like this season's match vs zakuro's school are simultaneous 5 matches at once and they only show koyori vs kurumi (the other matches finished off-screen) in the manga, but in anime it's extended to 1 match / episode to fit the season.

and the training camp is supposed to happen BEFORE kumami appeared. they could just do the training and leave kumami and the whole future opponents from the anime. there is no reason to make kumami appear before trianing camp like in the anime if they aren't planning for season 2

i have high hopes. plssssssssss make season 2!!!!

Nice, that sounds good. Guess we're in for the confirmation wait then
Dec 20, 2016 2:38 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Last episode and this series and i am stay a little, because i wait, i has the hope,of a second season, but not ; _ ;

This last chapter, continues in the hard and happy training camp, where all the players improve your game!!!!

6/10.
Dec 20, 2016 4:42 AM

Jun 2013
well that was a nice finale
Dec 20, 2016 8:01 AM

Feb 2016
Zenkoku ka?
That was a bit disappointing end. In twelve episodes we got approximate the same kind of story length as in 5-6 episodes of season 1 of Saki... which had 25 episodes!

Hope to see a S2 soon! :)
Dec 20, 2016 8:20 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was a ver heartwarming finale. I really liked the two first years here, they were the first to continue training after the training camp was over :D

Got to see Kururi and Zakuro again, they are my favourites :)

That last scene went full hardcore sakuga!

8/10 at the end, i really thought this was a cool way to end the series. Season 2 please at some point.
Dec 20, 2016 9:34 AM

May 2012
I hope there is 2nd season

I rate this 7/10.It a lot better than what I expected
Dec 20, 2016 10:08 AM

Jun 2015
That was fun.
All that doki doki, but no Nationals, aww. Second season would be nice.
Dec 20, 2016 10:58 AM
Sep 2013
This final episode: 7/10

This anime: 8/10

Still a better sports anime this season than "Yuri on Ice". Also, it has actual yuri unlike that overrated, overhyped skating anime. And the *Hoku hoku*. It's a shame that a season 2 of this "cute girls playing ping pong" anime will never likely happen.
Dec 20, 2016 11:12 AM
Jul 2018
could any manga readers tell me who that at the end is?
she has the "main villain" smile, lol
does she appear later or is she an anime only random character?
Dec 20, 2016 2:15 PM

Jun 2013
This was a nice episode. Even though it was only them practicing and stuff, it felt nice seeing them give it their all and stuff. What really made this episode was all that sakuga. God damn this had quite the animation. They tried to make up for all those still frames. The last 10 or so seconds where Koyori was playing that girl with hair like Gon was out of this world. Too goof. Speaking of that girl, she looked like the one from the first episode who defeated that strong team captain.

Overall, it was good enough I guess. The comedy was lacking and the girls weren't cute, though they weren't exactly unlikable either. I liked the table tennis stuff. The matches, despite having many still frames, were intense and fun. They got even better when we got some animation. I wouldn't mind seeing things go further. Though this is the "to be continued but we'll never continue it" ending. Kinda worth it for the table tennis.
Dec 20, 2016 7:32 PM

Jan 2013
The worst part of the season ... it's end.
Can't believe another of my fav animes of this season it's over :/ I really loved this anime, since the first episode. This last episode was so great, all the girls evolved so much, and that last (unexpected) tournament xD They all did great.
I doubt it but i wish they did a 2º season. I'll probably start reading the manga.
In the end, they gave a "sneak peak" of our girl's next opponents, those girls from the rich school, so maybe who knows...who knows.

I'm a big fan of Ping Pong and i really loved this anime.
Thank you for this wonderful anime.
9/10.

Protect this smile ;)
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 20, 2016 9:11 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Well that was a fun episode. The first years were rather entertaining and they even got a club tournament going.
Agari x Koyori towards the end, I ship them more than Kiruka and Munemune. And that preview at the end. Either they are hyping a season 2 or it was just random preview so people can read the manga.

Overall it was a pretty fun show. 7/10

Dec 20, 2016 9:41 PM

Apr 2014
am really hoping for a season 2 as this series is my fave anime of the year , so many thing to love about this series just sucks it ended at 12 eps

but the ending really reminded me of Saki like how they pretty much show you whats to come so will be missing this series and hoping for a season 2 to happen in the near future
"one step at a time"
Dec 20, 2016 10:14 PM

Nov 2011
I want season 2!

I also went back to episode one because I was curious about the black hair'd girl Koyori faces at the end... she has the same Dogs on her Socks as Koyori wears all the time...coincidence?!?!?!

Kiruka and Kururi ended up being my favorite characters but Koyori is so damn cute <3
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 20, 2016 11:52 PM

Jan 2011
8/10 loved this show was simple but consistent with it's awesome animation definitely felt like this was one of the more underrated shows of the season next to ViVid Strike!.

OST was also really damn good characters were enjoyable to watch and it's weird for another show to mange the same vibes of Saki but this one did

but having a training camp finale means there better be a season 2 sometime even teased another team!.
Dec 21, 2016 5:56 AM

Nov 2011
Sooner or later it had to end this anime series, but sorry to see the end of the same a little before Christmas. I'm surprised the narrative in the final, I did not expect it started already the national tournament; fairly predictable the first and second part of the episode. It is not a masterpiece, but it's nice watching this anime, which has not betrayed my assumptions made when I saw the first PV. The soundtrack has always been very catchy, good designs, but I hope to improve them in the home version.

For now I give it 7.30/10

P.S. I will also, a second season.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2016

86 by Deazu »»
Aug 13, 2023 4:37 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2016

67 by Deazu »»
Aug 12, 2023 3:06 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2016

116 by Deazu »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:14 PM

» This show is underrated

Friermiko - Jul 1, 2021

7 by VampireLord1024 »»
Jun 22, 2023 12:06 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2016

50 by Serafos »»
Jun 28, 2021 4:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.