Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 2, 2016 8:46 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So we got Chinatsu facing perhaps her most toughest challenge yet so far. Also some info dump about the essence of LRIG. Ending of the battle felt underwhelming imo though. I hope she figures out why exactly she fights as a Selector.

Poor Hanna this episode...literally broken D:
The despair begins.
Stark700Dec 2, 2016 11:07 AM
Dec 2, 2016 11:04 AM

Sep 2015
Woooo that suicide scene was brutal as fck
I am beginning to wonder if Suzuko is now a side chara xD
Dec 2, 2016 11:18 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Best episode, it took about 8 episodes of ''kind of there'' and ''fuck you, Chinatsu'' for this show to produce a good one.

It took a suicide in front of her to make her feel that she's fucking up hard. Hey, better late than never, yeah?

The only choice for the best character, Shou, actually gets a win! That surprised me in a good way, that would have been really shitty if he went out like that.

Well, good game, Hanna.
Dec 2, 2016 11:24 AM

Feb 2016
HOLY SHIT I waited so long for this!! FUCK YEAH, officially confirmed a sequel. Really nice they connected the manga as well. Seems like Mayu is gone though.. :/ and the remaining LRIGs are under control of the games now.

Very good episode. :O
That ending scene was fucked up haha. Seems like you can't even win this time.
AquamirrorDec 2, 2016 11:27 AM
Dec 2, 2016 11:28 AM

Dec 2014
Well this episode was really good, Pretty intense.

The girls find out about the previous selector games, We even get multiple flashbacks to the first series. Sequel confirmed I guess, Possible character meetings? :3
Also Piruluk backstory. :((

Chinatsu continues to act like a big jerk towards Shou, The guy's only trying to help her. :(
Damn, I was not expecting that suicide. Holy shit, I wasn't even expecting this series to have blood. That sure did startle Chinatsu, Wonder if it'll make her questions her actions now.

Hanna's wins her last coin and asks for the memories of her brother.
So how exactly did her brother die? Did he fall from the building?

Also, Winning doesn't seem to initiate the L-RIG takeover. So if you win, Does that mean your wish is granted and you're removed from Selector battles? What happens to L-RIG then? When you lose the, L-RIG becomes the person and the person vanishes. In both cases someone disappears.
Lelouch0202Dec 2, 2016 11:33 AM
Dec 2, 2016 11:39 AM

Apr 2007
Honestly, Hanna should have known what she was getting into with regaining the memory of her brother's death, but the way she reacted it's like she didn't even consider the possibility. Her face at the end was a bit much :v

Kiyoi needs to go find Suzuko if she's trying to find someone who will listen to/understand her, heh.

So if you win you get your wish and you're done with being a Selector? A lot better than the original series which was pretty much a lose-lose situation.

Lelouch0202 said:
Also, Winning doesn't seem to initiate the L-RIG takeover. So if you win, Does that mean your wish is granted and you're removed from Selector battles? What happens to L-RIG then? When you lose the, L-RIG becomes the person and the person vanishes. In both cases someone disappears.
So far we only know that the LRIGs in this series are created from the Selectors memories and are nothing more than that (although even that could be revealed to be different). It doesn't sound unreasonable for them to simply return to you and disappear if you win. This is only a guess with what we know, there's still far too little information.
Dec 2, 2016 11:50 AM

Dec 2014
Monochrome said:

Lelouch0202 said:
So far we only know that the LRIGs in this series are created from the Selectors memories and are nothing more than that (although even that could be revealed to be different). It doesn't sound unreasonable for them to simply return to you and disappear if you win. This is only a guess with what we know, there's still far too little information.

I suppose you're right, We don't really have much information to go on.
All the L-RIG's are formed from the initial white haired L-RIG as well.
Dec 2, 2016 11:50 AM

Feb 2016
Monochrome said:

So if you win you get your wish and you're done with being a Selector? A lot better than the original series which was pretty much a lose-lose situation.

I don't consider that a win. It's a bit too much of a mindfuck. :( And there's possibility these memories were fake/altered as well.

Monochrome said:
It doesn't sound unreasonable for them to simply return to you and disappear if you win. This is only a guess with what we know, there's still far too little information.

I guess the LRIG just gets back to the form from the beginning and waits for another poor soul to meet. Or disappearing and causing suffering is simply their ultimate goal.

By the way, that blood animation looked very well made. :D :<
AquamirrorDec 2, 2016 11:56 AM
Dec 2, 2016 12:07 PM

May 2015
Can somebody explain what happened to Hanna's brother? How did he died? :/
Dec 2, 2016 12:09 PM

Apr 2007
Aquamirror said:
Monochrome said:

I don't consider that a win. It's a bit too much of a mindfuck. :( And there's possibility these memories were fake/altered as well.
True and thinking back to everyone's wishes that we know of there isn't exactly a "win" with any of them. At least memories, whether fake or not, are something you can get over with time and losing your body to become a LRIG is well...pretty much impossible to recover.

Most Selectors are tying to escape from reality and erase what happened, while Hanna wanted to gain something (her past) and confront reality. The end results will be different and no one will be truly happy. Except Satomi.
Dec 2, 2016 12:21 PM

Dec 2014
First time I remember the originals being referenced in this. (Still waiting for Destructed to get dubbed or something)

Also, that suicide felt even more extreme than the one from MGRP episode 9. The ground shook over someone falling off a bridge. Does that actually happen?
Dec 2, 2016 12:44 PM

Dec 2013
Really dark anime, I think when the selector win all five coins the L-RIG granted the selectors a wish and L-RIG Move to other selector and when the selector lose all five coins L-RIG take his body and become a selector ,and the old selector disappear and become later L-RIG in infinity Circle Of hate .

Hanna remembered a memory that should be left forgotten, I think her Parents didn't tell her how her little brother die, but when she saw what happened as a grown up she could easily understand that it was her fault some how by telling him to play there but she was only a child , some time it's better not to remember some memories.
AlhakamDec 2, 2016 1:31 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2016 12:46 PM
Jul 2014
Burger-Meister said:
Also, that suicide felt even more extreme than the one from MGRP episode 9. The ground shook over someone falling off a bridge. Does that actually happen?

It wasn't just falling off a bridge, she was hit by a truck or a train or something like that.

But yeah, other than the mindfuckery Hanna seems otherwise unharmed by winning, so it seems like the rules aren't as twisted as last time. Although the joy her LRIG took at Hanna's despair seemed out of place given their apparent prior relationship, but it sort of makes sense given the apparent origin of these new games.

Maybe that's the personality of the new Maya (not actually Maya, just whoever is behind the new games) coming out, since the LRIG presumably returns to a blank slate once they return the memories.

(Hanna is overeacting a bit since it wasn't really her fault, she was just there at the time. But having a repressed memory come back like that and being the age she was at the time, it totally makes sense she'd react that way. I hope she gets better though.)

All the former LRIGs we've seen who have taken over their selectors seem a bit messed up as well (including the bookmaker). I wonder if that's due to how they don't really seem to be real girls like last time but are somehow generated from the memories of their selector.
MiralityDec 2, 2016 12:54 PM
Dec 2, 2016 12:48 PM

Aug 2016
Finnaly, an episode that didn't piss me off to much because of Chinatsu, probably the best episode so far.

For Hana, I'm really happy that she won, we finnaly got to see what happens if you win :). But about her brother, I was really expecting her to be the reason of his dead.

I wonder if hana is going to suicide to....
Nanika ga Okashii
Dec 2, 2016 1:00 PM

Jul 2015
Ruu said:

Hanna suggested they play hide and seek in a building under contraction, he probebly was trying to hide in cool place but he fell of building and died.

Burger-Meister said:

The ground shook over someone falling off a bridge. Does that actually happen?

If you listen carefully its not the effect of body falling from the bridge, its the sound and the shack of the speeding vehicle hitting a the body. Also since we don't hear the sound of body hitting the ground, it could be possible that the car hit the body mid air.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
about the episode, it was really good and all the reveal stuff were cool.
About the winning, i think the reward is good since you get a wish and all but the problem is that they played dirty and didn't chose normal people that could gain something from the winning and the wish, they only selected people that have dramatic past and they could be manipulated and made suffer even if they won the game.
Dec 2, 2016 1:01 PM

Dec 2013
Ruu said:

It's obvious he fall down from the building and die ,Becuse she told him to play there she felt guilty
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2016 1:05 PM

May 2015
Alhakam said:
Ruu said:

It's obvious he fall down from the building and die ,Becuse she told him to play there she felt guilty

Thanks! I wasn't sure I mean she didn't hear the fall? xD Still poor Hanna :(
Dec 2, 2016 1:15 PM

Mar 2014
Interesting part is Hanna's LIRG said she was returning the memories she borrowed so all of them are potentially forgetting something beyond what they lose from coins degrading probably something despair inducing.
Dec 2, 2016 1:21 PM

Dec 2013
Ruu said:
Alhakam said:

Thanks! I wasn't sure I mean she didn't hear the fall? xD Still poor Hanna :(

I think her Parents didn't tell her how her little brother die, but when she saw what happened as a grown up she could easily understand that it was her fault, some time it's better not to remember something
Dec 2, 2016 1:52 PM

Jan 2013
So i guess all the problems from the first season that were swept under a rug took a form of an entety thats wants to spread despair

now if you win the LRIG that took memories from you returns them with some depair free of charge YAY

i wonder what happens to those who disappear this season due to losing, meybe there is more to it since nothing in wixoss world just disappeares but instead it takes a new form
Pazuzu95Dec 2, 2016 1:58 PM
Dec 2, 2016 2:10 PM

Feb 2014
I think this is only the beginning of the spiral of despair for Hanna. I'm glad that she got all five coins, but getting her memories back meant that she remembered how her brother died. Her LRIG then only made Hanna's despair worse before she disappeared. Whether she will return or not, who knows.

For Chinatsu, seeing the LRIG simply commit suicide the way she did must've given her a good wake-up call. What a brutal way to kill yourself though. )=

It's interesting to learn how the original Wixoss is connected to this one. No idea as to who is controlling the battles now since it was presumably resolved back in Spread Wixoss, but I'm sure that we'll find out eventually.

Overall, this was the best episode of Lostorage Wixoss so far. =)
Dec 2, 2016 2:11 PM

Feb 2013
Her brother's death was her fault, some things aren't meant to be known, poor Hanna.
Dec 2, 2016 2:48 PM

Mar 2015
Damnnn that got dark, probably best episode so far though
Dec 2, 2016 3:31 PM

May 2015
juicykitten95 said:

i wonder what happens to those who disappear this season due to losing, meybe there is more to it since nothing in wixoss world just disappeares but instead it takes a new form

I think is the same as last season, they become LRIG but their memories are erased. Because 0 coins = 0 memories.
Dec 2, 2016 5:46 PM

Oct 2012
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge
Yeah let's not please, this is depressing me way too much rn.
Way to get me all excited after seeing how it connected back to the original WIXOSS just to make me completely forget about that with more hatred, despair and suffering.

So seems like Hanna didn't get taken over after winning? That's good to know, the entire game I was worried that she would disappear right there because of experience with the original WIXOSS, glad to know she'll still be here although doesn't look like she wants to be there anymore *cries* TT^TT
Next ep has more screaming! Hurray for despair!
Also Anonymous-chan's personality did a complete 180 there, from "I had fun battling with you" to "I've waited so long to see your face twisted in despair *crazy smile*"
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Dec 2, 2016 7:57 PM

Nov 2013
So many people telling people off when they posted spoilers for the last series saying that some people may not of seen of seen it, well guess what it's now offical a sequal so if someone has seen the last series and there fault so fuck having to be nice, haha! I don't even post here much it just annoyed me that people though it was okay to not have seen the last series.
LOL, your opinion is wrong!
Dec 2, 2016 8:48 PM

Feb 2013
Has MAL always had this series tagged as a sequel to Selector Spread Wixoss? Or did someone change that today since all flags were pointing at this being reboot till now?
Dec 2, 2016 9:04 PM

Jan 2011
Man this season is way darker than the first that was rough ,WIXOSS is the danganropna of card battling only despair remains.

was real worried to what was going to happen to Hanna once she won she seems unharmed? besides mentally and her LRIG appeared to be waiting for this moment as well(evil design was on point) , i wonder what will happen to her now since she didn't take over Hanna
Dec 2, 2016 9:32 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Oh revisited scenes from the previous WIXOSS show, didn't expect that.

This episode was dark, didn't see that girl committing suicide. The scene was just tough to watch. Vehicle hits her mid air most likely. Chinatsu got a dose of reality. But man Hanna towards the end got destroyed mentally. Hanna's LRIG at the end, makes fun at her and leaves. Talk about showing her true nature.

Dec 2, 2016 9:58 PM

Nov 2011
Don't know who decided that they could simply use the internet to find out about Mayu, pretty dumb way to do it. Also the flash back kind of hit home that aside from maybe Hanna the characters in Lostorage are no way as good as the ones in Selector.

Also have this inkling feeling that the Bookmaker might be Akira.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 2, 2016 10:05 PM

Nov 2014
I doubt the bookmaker is Akira.

1. His lines from the previous episode imply that he is a blank slate LRIG who is possessing his former selector's body.

Dec 2, 2016 10:58 PM

Dec 2013
F U C K I N G F I N A L L Y

SHOU WINS!! SHOU WINS!! HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, I was waiting so long for that! Holy shit, he's still in the game >_< I'm so happy ;_; But well... RIP Hanna. She really didn't expected that, but well, when you want to remember your brother death you need to be ready for that. x_x

That suicide, I didn't see that coming, and it was brutal. Hope that now Chinatsu understands where she got herself in. I really hope that Suzu starts to appear more, and then she kicks Bookmaker's ass for everything he had done. e.e

COME ON SHOU, LET'S SURVIVE MY FRIEND. YOU'RE GOING TO WIN THE 90 DAYS LIMIT. <3
Dec 3, 2016 4:10 AM

Nov 2015
Hanna :(((((

The suicide! I didn't see that coming

Dec 3, 2016 5:09 AM

Jun 2015
somebody should make a gif about Piruluk's LRIG killing her friend on bed
Dec 3, 2016 6:12 AM

Oct 2014
This Episode Fuel me so good, I love all the Emotional turmoil...
I feel like the Bookmaker now, I understand this epic feeling ...
Hehehe.
Dec 3, 2016 7:18 AM

Mar 2014
The game never ends huh even after Mayu disappear !!

From this point I'm really curious how this gonna end !!
Dec 3, 2016 10:19 AM

Dec 2013
Welp, going from the pace of this episode and the reveal now of all times, I guess we can safely assume that we're going to be getting a second cour?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Dec 3, 2016 11:32 AM

Jan 2014
I'm.... sorry, was this Lostorage's method of "git gud"?

The exposition regarding the old Selectors was outstandingly sloppy, and Hanna's victory was just so... uninvolved. There's just nothing I felt about her whole climax and just felt like some sloppy edge-fest. If my hair were 4 inches longer, I would've cut myself to that whole scene.

Actually, this is exactly what happened in the original; the MC's best friend acquires victory first only to arrive at nothing by the end, only it was done soooo much better in Selector.

The bridge jump was a bit too much, yeah? I mean, it's gory but... eh? It managed to out-edge last week's Sister Nana suicide, so I'll give it that.
Dec 3, 2016 11:42 AM
Mar 2016
So if you win you get your wish and you're done with being a Selector, but the nightmare is just starting , cu'z it seems like that even in victory there are still strings attached. So poor Hanna, it seems that her LIRG has hold on to her bitter memories as collateral and as promise that LIRG has given what Hanna wanted with despair on the sides.
Dec 3, 2016 2:20 PM

Apr 2014
now this was the ep i was waiting for and this ep alone explains alot and puts a much better idea on whats really going on

such a great ep so much happening this is why i love this series cant wait for the next ep
"one step at a time"
Dec 3, 2016 8:25 PM

Jan 2011
Now that's some real despair right there.
Dec 3, 2016 11:41 PM

Jun 2011
Despite the stakes not being as high as the last one, I'm amazed about how much darker it is.

While I indeed thought that the episode was amazing, I found the suicide to be a bit of an overkill, I don't understand why that LRIG had to jump off the building right when Chinatsu was on it? Was it just to basically traumatize her and feel guilty, because I think it worked.

I wonder how things are going to work out for Chinatsu after she learned about the LRIG battles, and that suicide.

Poor Hanna though, she believes that her brother's death is her fault and she'll now spend the rest of the anime moping because of depression.
Dec 4, 2016 7:30 AM
Jun 2016
Damn this episode show the true despair of this series....never though kiyoi got a past like that. The scene presented also included with hanna despair and sudden suicide which doubles as two dark element in this episode. So now pretty sure this is sequel. Glad to see tama and others from previous selector series.

So I get the complete rule of the game now. If one wins, she get her memories back and in addition to alter some memories, but if loses then LRIG take over the body and the person disappear forever.

This selector game is about memories. So, they cannot wish for anything other than that if they win. There are no way to stop the game now even if MC wins?
Dec 4, 2016 5:52 PM

Jun 2016
There has to be more to Hanna's win. She gets her memories, but there has to be something more. Like, maybe she lost everything except that moment or something.

The LRIG killing herself was depressing. I guess this means if you lose your body, then you can't get it back at all. I thought that the souls might return, like the end of the last season, but nope. Not here. That's way too dark.

Piruluk watching her body kill her friend was depressing too. If her wish was to save her friend, how was that achieved by killing her? I knew that she'd let Chinatsu win, since she already had four coins, but I wonder what she's going to do now. Hopefully this isn't the last that we've seen of her.

I'm glad Shou survived and won his battle.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Dec 5, 2016 1:24 AM

Dec 2009
Holy hell that's some serious suffering.

Why are there so many sadistic psychopaths in this series?
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 5, 2016 11:34 PM

Oct 2011
Holy. ...Suicide and Hana memories

Prevous game omg yes
Dec 7, 2016 1:38 AM

Oct 2008
That was pure despair for Hanna!
Looks like for all Selectors, it's still end game for you even if you collect 5 gold coins! such treachery!
Piruluks selector (Mizushima Kiyoi) really came from the ROOTS! She became an LRIG after she won, served Aki-lucky and this time went to this series! Cool! that was a lot of transition there!
5/5.

Dec 7, 2016 4:46 AM

May 2013
Moral of the Show:
There is no escape from WIXOSS hell.

Despair always finds a way.
Dec 7, 2016 10:04 AM

Jul 2009
So basically confirmed that's the LRIG from the previous season. She loses on purpose to Chinatsu because she has ... other stuff to keep doing I guess, which is why she doesn't want to "win" yet. Yep, Mayu started the whole thing, but after that "ended" we have a second version cropping up. We get Hanna winning again and again and well ... looks like she certainly got her memories back, but what happens now? What happened to her LRIG? She certainly seemed like she knew what was going to happen ... and not to mention that other LRIG jumping off the bridge with Chinatsu on it too D: I wonder if that's going to break her resolve? Man this series seems to be hitting us with punches more than the previous seasons, and it's sure getting good :D
Dec 8, 2016 5:34 AM

Nov 2014
This selector battle is far worst than in spread/infected. In Spread/Infected, if you won more than 3 times your wish will become true but only Lrig can benefited that selectors wish then the selector will turn into card and find another selector as her replacement. But in Lostorage, if you won 5 times your memories that they borrow will return with cruel truth and then their Lrig will turn against you like they looking at you like a puke...

I see euthanasia in Piriluk's past and I'm glad they show those cameo characters....

PS> Whose is that girl in white

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

94 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 11:28 AM

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

40 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 10:53 AM

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

45 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 10:24 AM

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

45 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 7:59 AM

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2016

30 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.