Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sweetness and Lightning
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 29, 2016 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The more I look at Tsugumi's school, the more fun I think it's becoming.

I find it interesting this episode that Tsugumi takes on a more active role to cook with the help of her father. Cutting something for the first time with a kitchen knife is quite something. Iida may have overacted a bit when she was watching that lol. Very delicious food as expected. I'm quite impressed at how well Iida improved her cooking skills throughout the show. One other interesting part is the brief flashback of Tsugmi's mom with the family. Thought that was interesting to see.

Stark700Aug 29, 2016 11:00 AM
Aug 29, 2016 9:30 AM

Nov 2007
Stay over party at kindergarten. Enjoying curry that made together and reminding them about the special curry. Teacher going home alone. Dry curry, huh, and he finally found the recipe note.

Hayami-san's character figured out the ingredient. She wants to use the knife because she learned it with a kid's knife. The ingredient includes green pepper, which the girl doesn't like, but it seems like she's ok with it because of curry flavor. Nostalgic flavor and both of them remembers about mother's funny moment when making dry curry because she was cutting onion.

First time the girl cries because she misses her mother.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 29, 2016 10:16 AM

Apr 2010
This is the first time we saw Tsumugi's mothers face which was nice too see.
And they also found her cooking book so they should be able to make more of her food.

Tsumugi wanting the help cut the carrot was funny.
Aug 29, 2016 11:02 AM

Mar 2013
so we finally get to see the other dad's about time. The more I think about it the more I realize my elementary school sucked Why could it be more like Tsumugi's school? I have to say I love kotori with glasses have no idea why but it makes her look so mature. We finally get to see Tsumugi's mom's face not bad actually. The ending made me tear up a bit.

I hope later down the line they give us an episode on how sensei met his wife like an episode solely focused on that from how they met to how tsumugi was born better yet I want it to be a movie.
Aug 29, 2016 11:04 AM

Sep 2015
F*ck I cried at the end, I couldn't stop those tears
His wife was so cute in the flashback *w*

(and Kotori with glasses omg, this episode was too much for me)
Aug 29, 2016 11:06 AM

Jan 2015
A sleepover at kindergarten. Tsumugi's showing her "knowledge" about cooking to her friend. It surely feel different when Tsumugi's father come back home.
And that at-home bring back memories surely worth it.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 29, 2016 11:08 AM

Jan 2012
Preschool sleepover was cute.

Guess I musta been cutting onions during this too, because boy were the tears ever flowing by the end. XD
Aug 29, 2016 11:15 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
His wife is very genuine, you could see that instantly. Beautiful woman, too.

Tsumugi and her dad remembering the fun times while eating the curry. Also remembering that she'll never come back anymore.

This show, man.
Aug 29, 2016 11:38 AM

Dec 2014
Excellent episode, Very bittersweet as well.

The sleepover was pretty fun to watch.
Nice that Kouehi was able to find his wife's recipe book.

The scene with Tsumugi looking back and forth at her mother's portrait and her father was so inexplicably sad. :(

Great that were able to recreate the curry their mom made, Kotori's reactions during the cutting. xD
Lovely flashback, Kouehi's wife must have been a really wonderful person. I don't know when but at some point during the episode I started smiling and I only realized this during the final scene where the smile transformed into tears . Tsumugi crying while holding onto her father's legs was just really emotional, The way she was clutching him was almost as if she was saying 'Don't go anywhere'. :((

The show knows how to make you smile and cry within seconds.
Aug 29, 2016 11:42 AM
Jul 2018
The preschool sleepover was cute.

We finally get to see Tsumugi's mom's face!
Aug 29, 2016 12:05 PM
Mar 2016
3 more to go and I'm already bored.
Aug 29, 2016 12:07 PM

Jul 2014
Once again this show demonstrates that it's at its best when it deviates more from its standard formula and when it does stuff like that ending this week; we didn't see much of Tsumugi's mother, but you could certainly tell a lot about who she was and how important to Tsumugi and Kouhei she was just from that shared flashback. Very impressive to be able to accomplish that.
Aug 29, 2016 1:07 PM

Dec 2014
tsumugi school seems so interesting...... I almost cried when I saw her crying in the end....
Aug 29, 2016 1:43 PM

Oct 2014
Aw man! That was so heartwarming!! :')
(*゚∀゚)ノ
Aug 29, 2016 1:53 PM

Jun 2016
Kouhei returning to an empty flat was such a poignant scene. Without Tsumugi around, the loneliness hit hard. I loved how Yagi called and checked in.

I'll join in the general clamour: why is this show so good?? It's a perfect curry of feels onions and sweet raisins.
Aug 29, 2016 2:14 PM

May 2012
A nice and sweet episode as always.

It ended on a rather sad note though

Aug 29, 2016 2:22 PM

Jul 2016
I feel so sad after this episode :(
His wife was very beautiful <3
Aug 29, 2016 2:43 PM

Aug 2013
Would love to see some flashbacks as how Inuzuka sensei met his wife. (kinda sad she had no voice .-. )
Aug 29, 2016 2:53 PM

May 2015
Man, that ending ;__;.... Just judging from the flashbacks, the mom must've been a great person.

Aug 29, 2016 3:49 PM

Mar 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Excellent episode, Very bittersweet as well.

The sleepover was pretty fun to watch.
Nice that Kouehi was able to find his wife's recipe book.

The scene with Tsumugi looking back and forth at her mother's portrait and her father was so inexplicably sad. :(

Great that were able to recreate the curry their mom made, Kotori's reactions during the cutting. xD
Lovely flashback, Kouehi's wife must have been a really wonderful person. I don't know when but at some point during the episode I started smiling and I only realized this during the final scene where the smile transformed into tears . Tsumugi crying while holding onto her father's legs was just really emotional, The way she was clutching him was almost as if she was saying 'Don't go anywhere'. :((

The show knows how to make you smile and cry within seconds.

THIS

I absolutely adore this show. I would say this is the Dark Horse of the season for me. I didn't think I'd love this show as much as I do. It's beautiful how the Tsumgi acts with Kouhei. She literally acts her age and I believe it makes both the happy and sad parts of the show x10 better. I just can't help but feel when she has her moments.
Aug 29, 2016 4:16 PM

Dec 2012
The kids having a sleepover at Kindergarten. How fun!!
Would have been nice to see Kouhei & Yagi go out for drinks & just hang out.

Tsumugi eager to cut the veges with the knife.
Hopefully Kotori can overcome her fear of knives.

The home-made curry looks delicious.
So sweet that Tsumugi & her father had the same memory of Mom.
Finally get to see her face. She is so beautiful.

Always emotional when the mother is bought up.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 29, 2016 4:19 PM

Oct 2013
Tsumugi realizes something about the bitterness of life at the end. That feeling that someone you love is never coming back. The random cruelties we all must endure.
Aug 29, 2016 4:56 PM
Nov 2015
Booooooooooooooooring...

2/5
Aug 29, 2016 5:15 PM

Jul 2015
The parts with the flashbacks made me tear up a bit. Kotori with glasses is best.
Aug 29, 2016 5:41 PM

Sep 2013
Cute episode.

The ending was a bit sad, but other than that, it was really solid.
Aug 29, 2016 5:55 PM

Jul 2012
Damn, got a little emotional once that flashback hit. Loved it!

And good episode too like usual.
Aug 29, 2016 6:03 PM

Jun 2013
well that was a sad ending
Aug 29, 2016 6:19 PM

Jun 2015
Tsumugi's dad looked really lonely when Tsumugi wasn't there :(
We also got to see Tsumugi's mother! She looked so beautiful!
Aug 29, 2016 6:32 PM

Nov 2013
I almost thought, the fathers were drawing Nazca Lines with Haruhi Suzumiya.

Kotori with glasses was even cuter than usual.

I'm surprised, that Sensei didn't give a children's knife to Kotori.

Another adorable dance from Tsumugi.

The last part was sad and touching.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Aug 29, 2016 7:46 PM

Apr 2016
Anyone notice a parallel between Kotori wearing glasses in this episode and Tsumugi's mom putting on Kouhei's in the flashback?

Surprised by the level of feels in this ep. It was pretty standard fare most of the way through, but those last three minutes hit hard.
Aug 29, 2016 8:23 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
This was my favorite episode thus far.

- Tsumugi learning how to cut carrots
- Sleepover
- Koehei feeling down because he's all alone at home. I know that feeling.
- Tsumugi's mom face reveal. She looks so pretty, especially when she wore them glasses.
- Kotori wearing glasses, kawaii. She actually looks better in glasses. Wonder why she's suddenly wearing them.

Last part was a bit tear jerking. Tsumugi wanting her mom to return.

Aug 29, 2016 8:33 PM

Feb 2016
The feels in this episode creep up on you like a ninja and get you in the end of this one.
Aug 29, 2016 8:39 PM

Jul 2016
Onion-san made its biggest role so far in this episode. I thought Onion-san would be just a side-character forever. Kotori wearing eye glasses. Wohoho. Is it foreshadowing? Is it? Is it?
"This (anime) industry is weird" - Chitose Karasuma, Gi(a)rlish Number

I hope someday someone in an anime would say, "The (anime) viewers are weird."
Aug 29, 2016 9:33 PM

Apr 2016
Only thing that annoys me about this show is Kotori, I just can't like her as a character. But on the other hand the ending made me shed a tear, and still remain happy because they were happy. Such a good moment seeing his wife
Aug 29, 2016 9:42 PM

Nov 2011
A super fun episode...that turned into one big feels fest. Tsumugi and Kouhei remembering that moment was sweet.

willingscapegoat said:
Anyone notice a parallel between Kotori wearing glasses in this episode and Tsumugi's mom putting on Kouhei's in the flashback?

I always notice glasses and I was hyped when I saw Kotori in glasses because it is rare and I thought not even a possiility, but for the Wife to put Kouhei's glasses on was interesting. So yeah I felt a connection there.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 29, 2016 9:51 PM

Jun 2008
I love my Mom.......

| LastFM |
Aug 29, 2016 9:57 PM

Aug 2012
Tsumugi hitting you in the feels with 3 words.
Aug 29, 2016 11:12 PM

Nov 2012
aw, that ending was sad.

that curry looked good, although i'd leave out the raisins. i'm surprised tsumugi doesn't mind them.
Aug 30, 2016 1:58 AM

Sep 2013
Despite the show running the same format for 9 weeks straight with a little side story in each episode, I can never get tired of it and always find it entertaining.

Finally got a good look at Tsugumi's mom and she is gorgeous. The way she acted with the glasses definitely reminds me of Tsugumi. I thought this was a super sweet episode how Kotori and her mother noticed how good of a parent Tsugumi's mother was.

4/5
-The ending was bittersweet as Tsugumi and Senpai recalled events with the Mom making curry, only to have Tsugumi missing her and knowing she won't come back. For the first time in this show, my heart really hurt for that poor child.

Aug 30, 2016 3:08 AM

Jul 2016
At first I was like, "oh now I could see Tsumugi's mom face, and she's really cute, her behavior." :)
And then I was like, "yeah... Tsumugi must be miss her mom..." :'(
Aug 30, 2016 4:22 AM

Mar 2013
It was a bittersweet but yet heartwarming episode. Tsumugi and Kouhei recreating the nostalgic flavor of mom's curry and remembering back the fun times was touching.

I never expected to see face of Tsugumi's mom in anime tbh. She looked lovely and cute the flashback :')

The scene at the end of anime where Tsumugi was crying and missing her mom got me and I ended up crying too T_T

While the show makes you smile with all the glee at times, it doesn't hold back to make you cry in few seconds. It was an excellent and wonderful episode. Loved it.
Aug 30, 2016 4:43 AM

Jun 2013
Please don't make me cry. Orange is enough for this season. I knew something was going to happen when Tsumugi suddenly got silent and hugged her father after he took out the recipe book. Something like this was bound to happen sooner or later. And it happened here as Inuzuka and Kotori made the curry Mrs. Inuzuka used to make a lot. And memories of her resurface of course which makes Tsumugi cry. And Inuzuka says that he won't make that curry again if it's going to end with Tsumugi crying like this. But that's not what Tsumugi wants as she probably does want to remember her mother. That last scene was done so well.

Tsumugi having a sleepover at school was interesting. Inuzuka was worried about her but Tsumugi was just fine. If anyone, Mikio's mother should have been worried lol. Tsumugi learning to use the knife and then wanting to use the knife at the restaurant was lol. She was using a ginormous knife to cut some carrots and she had enough after cutting it a bit.

This was quite a strong episode especially because of that final scene. That scene was very good and packed a punch. I kinda expected her to cry while eating, but crying afterwards had its effect too.
Aug 30, 2016 5:47 AM

May 2010
Wait, the father never told Tsumugi her mom died. He only told her that her mother "went away". How did she figure out she died? Plot hole
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 30, 2016 6:54 AM

Apr 2016
It's a sign of her maturation from the beginning of the series. Kids aren't stupid. When someone "goes away" for a long enough time, eventually they're bound to put two and two together. I'm sure Tsumugi has at least encountered the concept of death by this point from TV or her classmates, if not fully ascertained it.
Aug 30, 2016 7:27 AM

Nov 2012
It was the weirdest thing ever... for it rains inside my room.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Aug 30, 2016 10:31 AM
Jul 2016
I agree. although the mother recently died , it is the first time she cries.
tsubasalover said:
Stay over party at kindergarten. Enjoying curry that made together and reminding them about the special curry. Teacher going home alone. Dry curry, huh, and he finally found the recipe note.

Hayami-san's character figured out the ingredient. She wants to use the knife because she learned it with a kid's knife. The ingredient includes green pepper, which the girl doesn't like, but it seems like she's ok with it because of curry flavor. Nostalgic flavor and both of them remembers about mother's funny moment when making dry curry because she was cutting onion.

First time the girl cries because she misses her mother.
Aug 30, 2016 11:14 AM

Dec 2015
Damn you feels get back inside.
Aug 30, 2016 1:03 PM

Jul 2016
After the show end I demand a spinoff where Sensei tells Tsumugi how he met her mother!!!!

It was a very sweet episode.
Aug 30, 2016 4:19 PM

Sep 2013
Great episode. The sleepover in the K.G. was fun to see, the curry and Mikio's homesickness. At-home curry of Inuzuka family must be uber delicious to undermine Tsumugi's hate of green peppers.

The end part hit directly to heart when they showed mother's face. How nice would it be to see mother-daughter interactions even it be a farewell-dream sequence.
Aug 30, 2016 5:26 PM

Apr 2014
Kotori will make a great waifu since girls now a day can't cook.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2016

96 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 29, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2016

311 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 20, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

90 by Raizel »»
Mar 5, 11:59 AM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

117 by Raizel »»
Feb 23, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2016

151 by Raizel »»
Feb 15, 3:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.