Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sweetness and Lightning
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 1, 2016 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sweet, Yagi made an appearance this episode. Nice. He's actually one of the more chill characters with a mature personality (like smoking). The memories Tsugumi made with him are adorable though imo. Same with her father.

Delicious episode as expected. I want some donuts now!
Stark700Aug 1, 2016 11:14 AM
Aug 1, 2016 9:33 AM

Nov 2007
Comments for Movie vs. Food lol~

Hayami-san's character seeing little girl with a stranger... She thought he's a bad guy, but actually teacher's friend when he's too busy.

Donuts this time. Starting from scratch, first with dough. Keeps fermenting, then frying. Failure because of oil's temperature. With few left, they are successful with the correct temperature. The little girl's like a monster trying to eat up the donuts lol~
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 1, 2016 11:12 AM

Mar 2013
Oh that picture of yagi and tsumugi is adorable. for some weird reason I want this to have a cross over with Barakamon have no idea why but I want it to happen (if not Barakamon then Usagi Drop). Doughnuts delicious, delicious doughnuts I am confident that after watching them make doughnuts I too can make doughnuts and will attempt will most likely fail but at least I tried and that's all that matters (not really the doughnuts matter more). Every episode I watch I want to eat what there eating also this show really knows how to deliver on the feels and that's just one of the many reasons I love this Anime.
Aug 1, 2016 11:12 AM

Aug 2015
I made doughnuts once, though they tasted like diabetes.
Aug 1, 2016 11:17 AM

Sep 2015
HAHA A DOUGHNUT WITH NO HOLE
It's nice to see 2 new characters this time
Aug 1, 2016 11:18 AM

Jan 2012
Yagi, the would be kidnapper debuts! XD I'm actually not too big on doughnuts myself, and I'd never have the patience required to hand make them, but Tsumugi's hole-less chocolate one sure looked good. Almost as sweet as her arcade photo with daddy at the end. :)

FallenEntity said:
Oh that picture of yagi and tsumugi is adorable. for some weird reason I want this to have a cross over with Barakamon have no idea why but I want it to happen (if not Barakamon then Usagi Drop).

It'd be weird with Tsumugi and Hina having the same voice. XD
Aug 1, 2016 11:24 AM

Jan 2015
Tsumugi is walking together with an unknown middle-aged man? Must be a pedophile. I mean, who can resist Tsumugi's charm, right? And he even offer a cigarette to Tsumugi. LOL
Oh well, aside from kneading and let the dough rise, it surely different from how I usually make a donut. Maybe I'll try it instead. Maybe adding little bit tears like Tsumugi's dad does
Seriously, does that even really matter?
MasceraAug 1, 2016 11:31 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 1, 2016 11:32 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

I totally get it Kotori, You wanna try all the snacks at the movies XD, I choose the theaters I go to purely based on what food they sell XD

Yagi seems like a chill and cool guy, Pretty nice of him to look after Tsumugi when her dad's not around. Apparently she can experience the wild side with him.
Lol at Yagi scaring sensei with Tsumugi growing up talks, Ah the horror XD

Kotori and Tsumugi just grow more and more adorable with each passing episode <3
Loved how father and daughter took a picture in the arcade, Surprisingly it was Tsumugi who was teaching sensei what to do.
Those doughnuts looked really good, I'd love to make some as well but I should probably start with something much simpler cause I don't know much about cooking :3

Sensei sure does cry easily when it comes to Tsumugi.
Aug 1, 2016 11:34 AM
Jul 2018
Yagi made his debut!

Kouhei and Kotori made doughnuts!
Aug 1, 2016 11:38 AM

Dec 2015
Another 5/5 diabetes episode, both figuratively and literally :D. Does anyone feel like Kotori has a crush on sensei? Maybe she will be Tsumugi's new mommy ;D.
Aug 1, 2016 11:38 AM

Jun 2015

D-awww~ that is too sweet. Another great episode yet again... makes me crave for my chocolate rice donuts!~

Aug 1, 2016 11:59 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I thought that the first half was clearly superior this time. Kotori and Yagi made this episode for me.
Aug 1, 2016 12:51 PM

Jul 2015
Yagi-chan is cool. Hopefully more screen time for him in upcoming episodes. Every episode makes me love the characters even more. I specially love Tsumugi and Kotori's face expressions!
Aug 1, 2016 1:14 PM

Jul 2012
What a nice episode. I'm hella hungry right now so I was so craving those donuts man; time to eat.
Aug 1, 2016 1:54 PM

Apr 2010
Kotori's misunderstanding at the start of the episode was funny.
I also have to say that the conversation with her friend was funny as well it's clear what's on Kotori's mind.
Aug 1, 2016 2:17 PM

Mar 2016
Pxndragon said:
Yagi and Kouhei are gay dads confirmed.

I spit out the water I was drinking when I read this lol
Aug 1, 2016 2:51 PM

Jul 2015
Pxndragon said:
Yagi and Kouhei are gay dads confirmed.

Same thing I was thinking about lol

Aug 1, 2016 2:53 PM
Mar 2016
Kouhei and Kotori, would they be in some ship in upcoming ep or chapters?
Aug 1, 2016 3:02 PM

Aug 2013
Now I'm craving some doughnuts (never made it, now its on my plan to cook soon list)

Tsumugi being adorable as always.

Hoping there wont be any romantic development in this anime =x
Aug 1, 2016 3:43 PM

May 2015
Mmm, delicious donuts~

Hope to see more Yagi in this show. Seems like a nice and chill character. Great episode.

Aug 1, 2016 4:02 PM

Dec 2012
Kotori always has food on her mind.
Yagi is a pretty chill character & Kotori thinking he kidnapped Tsumugi.
Tsumugi with twin-tails is so adorable.

Those Donuts look really delicious. Too bad the first batch got burnt. At least the 2nd ones turned out great. Its all about trial & error.
Cute photo at the end.

Would love to see Yagi & Kojika at the restaurant as well in a future episode eating with them.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 1, 2016 4:41 PM

Apr 2014
I thought Yagi was Kouhei's brother...
Mmm, donuts.
And Kotori keeps one of the picture.
Aug 1, 2016 5:10 PM

Aug 2012
An episode fit for Oshino Shinobu...also, Loved the little squeaks coming from Tsumugi's boots when she walked around.
Aug 1, 2016 5:12 PM

Mar 2014
dont smoke in front of kids!
Aug 1, 2016 5:44 PM

Feb 2013
Kotori made me fall in love when she told Kouhei that normal sweets are good too... This made me feel there may be a chance for romance...
Aug 1, 2016 5:58 PM

May 2015
I was actually a bit worried at the start of the episode. It really seemed like Yagi could've been some random lolicon kidnapping Tsumugi. Thankfully he was just Sensei's friend. The pictures Tsumugi got with Yagi and her dad were both cute. And of course the donuts looked good!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Aug 1, 2016 6:03 PM

Feb 2016
Before the guy talked I thought the beginning would be a different type of misunderstanding like the dad let the daughter bleach his hair or something.
Aug 1, 2016 7:25 PM

Sep 2011
Smudy said:
I thought that the first half was clearly superior this time. Kotori and Yagi made this episode for me.

The first half was definitely better since it changed the formula a little bit. Having 12 episodes of "part 1 is inspiration, part 2 is cooking" would become extremely dull extremely quickly no matter how cute Tsumugi is. The episode was still extremely adorable, but it didn't have the same emotional intensity or impact the previous episodes had. I am becoming a little worried that this series will become too formulaic.
Aug 1, 2016 7:50 PM

Aug 2013
Whoahoho said:

If they don't cut more chapters, probably two episode later.
Aug 1, 2016 8:01 PM

Nov 2011
I like that Kotori followed Tsumugi, shows how much she cares for her safety.

Anyone else notice though that Kotori always has a band aid on her ring finger?

WHY IS SHE ALWAYS CUTTING HERSELF!!!!

i wanna know her past and why she's not good with Knives.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 1, 2016 9:14 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Let's just call this the Family friendly version of Shokugeki no Soma.

SoraSenpai said:
I like that Kotori followed Tsumugi, shows how much she cares for her safety.

Anyone else notice though that Kotori always has a band aid on her ring finger?

WHY IS SHE ALWAYS CUTTING HERSELF!!!!

i wanna know her past and why she's not good with Knives.

Wasn't she just starting to cook? Could be because lack of experience. I didn't really give it much thought.

I really hope we get more build up to characters instead of just cooking in second half of the episodes. So far I've been liking the series and the new character refresh the series.

Cool to see Yagi. I found it funny how Kotori's phone died just when she was about to call the police on Yagi. This is why you must always have your phone charged. Cute purikura pictures.
At least Yagi turns away when smoking. I'm surprised he didn't get scolded.

The donut stuff was pretty good. Did the donuts have to be fried or could they be baked in the oven?

Aug 1, 2016 10:07 PM
Sep 2014
Whoahoho said:

Considering all the shipping, it would hilarious if they got on a boat or cruise ship in a future chapter/episode.

LovelyHikari said:
The donut stuff was pretty good. Did the donuts have to be fried or could they be baked in the oven?

Apparently you can do either. I'd say baking would be healthier though.
Aug 1, 2016 10:07 PM

Jan 2014
Cejara said:
Another 5/5 diabetes episode, both figuratively and literally :D. Does anyone feel like Kotori has a crush on sensei? Maybe she will be Tsumugi's new mommy ;D.
That's pretty normal for a teenager like her though. That being said Kotorin is so sweet. Clearly though I don't think sensei sees her on the same manner since his priority is Tsumugi and he seems like the ethical kind of guy. I'd nonetheless think that he could get to accept her in the future.

Kotorin is absolutely sweet to watch. To think she was a glutton too was unexpected. She following Tsumugi because she was worried was also great from her part.

Ultimately this was a more fast-paced episode without too much of a character development part since it wasn't focused on Tsumugi (be it her fight or her dislike of greens).

It was more centered around relationships, like Tsumugi's circle, and of Kotori and Sensei and how she believes that him being normal is still a good thing, but it was cut short and rendered simple. Ultimately the episode focuses more on the still evident weaknesses in cooking, such as the inability to fry stuff or be sloppy with oil.

Tsumugi is still the star of the show but I want to see more interaction and development in the ship.
Aug 1, 2016 11:08 PM
Nov 2015
DONUTS!

Dontus/5
Aug 1, 2016 11:58 PM

Jun 2013
Perfect episode as always :)
Aug 2, 2016 1:16 AM

Dec 2013
Ugh, this is getting tough to binge-watch two weeks worth of anime all at once... The sacrifices you have to make for an 8 day excursion to the land of the Rising Sun.. Not that I should be complaining.

In any case, after Shinobu's debut last episode (considering they skipped two chapters to get there), it was pretty obvious that they'd give Yagi his intro this episode. I got the feeling that Kotori's initial tailing of him and Tsumugi was a bit more intense in the manga, even though they got most of the lines for Yagi in there properly. The purikura of him and Tsumugi was hilarious, as was Kotori's reaction at him offering Tsumugi that choco ciggy.

To be fair though, Tsumugi's initial resistance to doughnuts was a bit confusing, and there were certain moments in the show, as much as I love it and would hate to admit this, that the animation quality drop was a bit too obvious. But in the end they pretty much nailed Tsumugi's reasoning and the rest of the show flowed smoothly enough (even with the adaptation changes). I wish they would have kept the part where both Tsumugi and Kotori were hiding behind the door when Kouhei was frying the doughnuts though, that would have raised the comedic level up a notch imho.

Nothing to get overly "aggro" about though. XD

Tsumugi's use of teen leet speak continues to make my day.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 2, 2016 1:30 AM

Nov 2012
The episode feels even sweeter with donuts.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Aug 2, 2016 4:21 AM

Dec 2014
just out of curiosity...if there is something you are gonna do for first time(here it's frying donuts including a warning from a friend) then shouldn't one do it one step at a time...I mean he directly fried 6 donuts at once and after burning all of them, again the second time he did the same mistake even though the second attempt was successful..

Aug 2, 2016 4:53 AM

Mar 2016
Janeel said:
just out of curiosity...if there is something you are gonna do for first time (here it's frying donuts including a warning from a friend) then shouldn't one do it one step at a time...I mean he directly fried 6 donuts at once and after burning all of them, again the second time he did the same mistake even though the second attempt was successful..
Hmmm... good point.
No seriously.
Aug 2, 2016 4:54 AM

Mar 2016
When talking about donuts, I can't help but think of Asahina from Danganronpa :P
No seriously.
Aug 2, 2016 8:39 AM

Jun 2013
Even though Yagi is a nice guy who helps out his best friend by babysitting his daughter, he should really not smoke with her because that's dangerous. Lol when he offered Tsugumi a cigarette shaped chocolate and Kotori popped out from behind. Tsugumi avoided doughnuts because she didn't know whether it was a snack or a meal. It can be both. Those scenes where Tsugumi is happy after eating something good with her father always get me good. Tsugumi being happy is enough for Inuzuka – if Tsugumi is happy, Inuzuka is happy. All Tsugumi wants is to eat whatever with her father. Whether it's actually delicious or pretty damn meh, Tsugumi will eat it happily if it's made by her father and if he's with her. And luckily, the stuff Inuzuka is making is turning out to be delicious. These moments are just so great to watch. Also, if Yagi knows how to cook then he should really nekoing help out Inuzuka. He told Inuzuka to watch the oil's temperature while frying as if he was talking from experience. Lol when he said that soon Tsugumi will be coming home with a boyfriend. He's thinking too far lol.
Aug 2, 2016 1:12 PM

Aug 2013
I'm my country doughnuts with no hole are actually the normal ones. Usually filled with cream or marmalade.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 2, 2016 4:31 PM

Oct 2013
I've never thought about making doughnuts at home. I might go back and see if I can make all the recipes shown on this show. I'll probably burn my apartment down with a grease fire though.
Aug 2, 2016 5:50 PM

Nov 2013
Kotori stalking Yagi and Tsumugi was funny. Yagi reminds me of Satou ( Working ).
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Aug 2, 2016 10:44 PM
Aug 2015
gay af, best daddies ever

Aug 3, 2016 2:03 AM
Aug 2016
This chapter is really cute, Yagi-san is a good character and the donnuts look really tasty, but the question is:
¿Are the Donnuts meal, or snack?
please, i need to know that.
Aug 3, 2016 4:57 AM

Sep 2009
Apparently, my cravings for donuts is on MAXIMUM! Thanks,Tsumugi-chan!

Proven! This Anime really is a good guide for cooking everything. Simple yet effective! Forget Food Wars! THIS is what I call a REAL Cooking Show. ^_^

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Aug 3, 2016 5:03 AM

Jun 2013
Yagi seems like a cool dude and they are making donuts!
Aug 3, 2016 6:56 AM

Nov 2012
damn, i'm craving some donuts right now :<
yagi seems like a cool guy, i hope he'll show up more often in future episodes.
Aug 3, 2016 12:05 PM

Jul 2014
Yagi is a pretty cool guy, and I'm sure that we'll be seeing him again. Who knows. maybe he'll help Kotori and Kouhei out at some point, even if it is just little pointers like "keep an eye on the temperature of the oil".
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2016

311 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 20, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

117 by Raizel »»
Feb 23, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2016

151 by Raizel »»
Feb 15, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2016

151 by Animeshnik012 »»
Jan 5, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2016

64 by Amber_4shenfell »»
Jul 2, 2023 3:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.