Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2015 5:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lmao, the imaginations of this episode was just priceless

Pretty slow pacing this week but I feel bad for Doronjo for getting sick. The world fiction seems interesting and I found this kinda funny with the dinosaur:

Mar 1, 2015 8:03 AM

Jul 2010
Poor Oda-sama getting dried up and then soaked again.

It was fun and cute to see Doronjo act more fitting of her age and just be carefree and rely on others!

Her imagination at that moment while being carried xD

Reuniting the two together at the end. Oh the embarrassment at the end.
Mar 1, 2015 8:23 AM

Aug 2010
Poor Oda-sama being used as a wipe and getting the water squeezed out off XD

Doronjo crushing on Gatchan and her reaction while he was nursing her and the other 2s reaction "Gatchan's really slow" were so lol XD...Leopard was kawaii when she was pouting at Gatchan thinking about Allouete when she was gonna say she liked him :P No chance though Leopard ^^; He'll probably never see her like that and Allu is a much better waifu :3

All Dat Allouete fanservice doe <3 I still can't get over her being blind...She just seems so normal other than being so chill no matter the situation ^^ Her smile is adorable :3 I wonder what the lavender was about?

Lol'd at the Scallions part XD
Mar 1, 2015 9:30 AM

Feb 2012
Good news: there was no deus ex mecha because Boyacky didn't build one (how does he get the parts to build those again?)

Bad news: On top of the fact that this episode added nothing to the plot didn't confirm anything we didn't know, and wasn't funny, the mother dinosaur breaking out was still pretty deus-ex.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Mar 1, 2015 9:54 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Oh god, Doronjo x Gatchan was actually cute. :o
The show just portrays in one episode how amazing and terrible it can be. I got feels like three times in this, they sure know how to do this. And then we have the so out of place ''funny'' moments with Tonzra and Bojacky and the whispering reporter.
Jeez, talk about inconsistent.
Mar 1, 2015 10:03 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The ''i can be your mom/dad'' jokes was fkin annoying. :c

The doronjo and gatchan part was nice.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 1, 2015 11:25 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
All the jokes about being a surrogate mom and dad were hilarious and where the hell did this scallions rumor come from xD

The fanservice was good....I never commented on this before but Ally is HAWT. I'd probably try to peek on her too lol. Doronjo's little crush on Gatchan is cute but we all know that she's not getting anywhere >.<

More hi ting with the General was in this episode too.....Wonder how long they're gonna take to finally reveal what we all already know

Other than that this episode was decent, the dinosaur and his interactiona with Doronjo and Ally was cute and I'm glad that it got reunited with its mom :)
Mar 1, 2015 12:25 PM

Dec 2010
I liked this episode a lot, largely because lolis in love are one of the best things in anime, no joke. I feel like we are getting deeper into some of the characters, and the world. I wonder when it will all come to a head?
Mar 1, 2015 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
Poor Oda, he is being used as a wipe.

I felt bad for Doronjo for getting a fever in this episode.
Mar 1, 2015 2:41 PM

Feb 2013

They didn't even actually do anything to beat those Yatter soldiers. The mommasaur freed itself because MOM power.
gedataMar 1, 2015 2:54 PM
Mar 1, 2015 3:40 PM

Sep 2012
Let's see how it continues
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Mar 1, 2015 4:53 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Tokoya said:
The fanservice was good....I never commented on this before but Ally is HAWT. I'd probably try to peek on her too lol. Doronjo's little crush on Gatchan is cute but we all know that she's not getting anywhere >.<

+1. Alouette is probably the main reason I'm still watching this show. Doronjo may be cute, but definitely no match for her.

Slow episode. It's already episode 8, and yet team Doronbow hasn't made any decent progression on their objective to overthrow Yatter Kingdom. What could possibly happen in the last 4 episodes?

Mar 1, 2015 6:00 PM

Sep 2013
Kay so... completely filler this week I guess.

We get more flashbacks of Leopard's mom for... no real reason... Just to fill the episode's run time I guess.

Well, I am glad Galina seems uninterested in Leopard, it being a 1-sided crush is innocent enough and cute in a way. I just hope they don't go any further with it.

The actual scenes with Galina talking to her were nice though, relaxing and charming... until Tonzra and Boyacky come in trying to be funny and failing which inevitably ruins the tone the scene was going for. That happened twice... >_>

So... I get that they saved the day or whatever and now the 2 creatures live in peace but... what is stopping the Yatter Soldiers from coming back and taking over the lake again and capturing them... AGAIN? >_>

Blah... I got nothing from this episode... No plot developments, no interesting character interactions, no real theme exploration and the action lacked interest and fluidity... x_X
Mar 1, 2015 8:19 PM

Jun 2013
gedata said:

They didn't even actually do anything to beat those Yatter soldiers. The mommasaur freed itself because MOM power.

^^^^^^
Mar 2, 2015 2:54 AM

Nov 2014
Trippwire01 said:
gedata said:

^^^^^^

+1

I believe that makes two in a row, as well. This show started off really promising, but it really lied.
Quality Queen.
Mar 2, 2015 6:22 PM
Mar 2012
Gorou Shogun smells the lavender on Alouette's hair and stops what he's doing. I won't be surprised if he turns out to be her supposedly dead brainwashed father.
Mar 3, 2015 12:28 AM

Dec 2012
The scallions part was hilarious. Nice to see Doronjo x Gatchan, it was cute
Mar 3, 2015 1:04 AM

Apr 2013
Ah, the good, old "repeat obnoxious phrases over and over and hope people get tricked into thinking it's actually comedy" schtick.
Mar 3, 2015 4:16 PM

Jul 2013
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Mar 4, 2015 7:20 AM
Jul 2012
Legal_Latino said:

Hahah, ^ THIS ^ makes the entire episode worthwhile now!

Thank you.
Mar 4, 2015 12:04 PM

Oct 2011
Dronjo feelings towards Gatchan

Mom/Dad XD

A loch ness monster and baby

Goro almost broke free from his brainwash?
Mar 4, 2015 2:05 PM

Jul 2008
Shaniyaz said:
Slow episode. It's already episode 8, and yet team Doronbow hasn't made any decent progression on their objective to overthrow Yatter Kingdom. What could possibly happen in the last 4 episodes?

Taking into consideration the pace and the cult popularity of the Yatterman franchise, I'd say that ep12 will end with a cliffhanger and the story will continue in Season 2.
Mar 6, 2015 8:51 PM

Mar 2014
Funny episode. I would like to see some story progression though.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Apr 14, 2015 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
Funny as usual the episode, even though in terms of plot progresses always very little. I love the way in which events pass from a comic atmosphere to a serious and almost dramatic, the credit goes to the soundtrack always very catchy and enjoyable. Drawings and animations discrete.
Apr 16, 2015 5:58 PM

May 2012
Hey look it's Nessy! Pretty solid episode :3 let's see what happens next :D
Jan 15, 2016 2:42 AM

Dec 2012
Best scene is always the Ally washing herself scene.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 9, 2017 11:49 AM

Aug 2012
-alouette is such a precious cinnamon roll
-uhhhhhhh
-poor galina getting dragged around by all these whackjobs
-just want to point out that they have never said that alouette was blind, even 8 episodes in
-this romance subplot is totally unnecessary though
-ally's dad has the name gorozo 🤔🤔🤔🤔
-both of them just outright ignoring elephantus and voltkatze was pretty nice
-kinda interesting how they're even helping the local wildlife
-get'em kushi
-once again this whole romance subplot is entirely unnecessary
-waitwaitwaitwait just a goddamn minute it's been like 24 hours in-universe and they still haven't transported mom kushi away
-uh yeah sure just... have mom kushi break the net after like 24 hours of being zapped, uh huh

So... this episode was easily the weakest one so far, and pretty much none of the things it did execution-wise were correct. There is absolutely no reason to start up a romance subplot between Leopard and Galina, especially because it creates a totally pointless love triangle. The whole plot with the lake monsters would have been decent if they didn't literally have the Yatter soldiers stay in a burned-down town overnight and if they didn't literally have the mom Kushi break out of an unbreakable net after being continually shocked overnight. Like, the overall concept of this episode was totally fine and brings some new aspects of the Yatter Kingdom in the picture, but they totally fucked everything up.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Yatterman Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2015

65 by dechenerate »»
Sep 23, 2023 8:21 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Yatterman Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2015

30 by ThreePercent »»
Jul 10, 2017 5:19 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Yatterman Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2015

29 by ThreePercent »»
Jul 10, 2017 4:17 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Yatterman Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2015

35 by ThreePercent »»
Jul 10, 2017 1:21 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Yatterman Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2015

35 by ThreePercent »»
Jul 7, 2017 8:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.