Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 11, 2014 9:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's lighthearted this time but there's still feeling of despair. I guess part of that involves Mimori still and we also get to see part of her past when she first met Yuuki.

The suffering continues. And what a cliffhanger also, I expect some high level battles next time in their world.
Stark700Dec 11, 2014 12:07 PM
Dec 11, 2014 11:52 AM

Jan 2012
The revelations this week show just how desperate the situation is. These girls were caught up in a battle between gods, doomed to become crippled husks as the cycle continued endlessly until death. Given the choice I can't really blame Togo for taking the action that she did, and while she plans to destroy the Taisha nothing good can come from this no matter how it turns out. Either the heroes die from this new invasion, or they destroy the Taisha and the malevolent gods kill them anyway...talk about bleak. To say nothing of how they'll probably hafta fight Togo too...if there's anything resembling a happy ending to be found here with 2 episodes left I don't see it.
Dec 11, 2014 11:53 AM

Nov 2007
TAKAHIRO I WANT OFF THIS RIDE!!
Dec 11, 2014 12:05 PM
Jul 2014
Despair is everywhere ;-;
I can't see a happy ending for this, but hopefully the situation works itself out...somehow.
Dec 11, 2014 12:20 PM

Jul 2010
It was nice to see things from Tougou's perspective. How she met Yuna and everyone in the club.

Seeing her suicide attempts though :/ Her last name being different as she was adopted by a powerful family. It really felt uncomfortable how their parents know and everything being planned out.

Each time using Sange would bring 1 fairie, to use it 23 times... I honestly can see Yuna being the one to lose most of herself. Highest amplitude to be willing to sacrifice oneself for the others?

Gods protecting humanity and the gods that wants to cleanse humanity and creating the vertexes. That red world and the gods protecting humanity being the tree to create a barrier. An enemy that can never be defeated, Tougou choosing to end the world by opening up a hole in the barrier.

;_; 'I'm a failure as a friend' in the preview T.T It almost feels like Yuna and perhaps everyone is going into Sange mode to be able to withheld the vertex.
Dec 11, 2014 12:26 PM
Aug 2014
Betrayed by her own blood and the realization that resistance is futile, Togo has fallen into depravity. Embrace the hatred and it'll give you strength. Her strong ability to reason is what leads her to the answer of a quick death rather than a slow painful death for all.

If only she could succeed in annihilating everything, I would totally rate this AOTY.

The anime is fairly similar to Shinsekai Yori. Starts off light hearted but gets darker as the characters discover the truth behind their post apocalyptic world.
derprumeDec 11, 2014 12:30 PM
Dec 11, 2014 12:35 PM

Dec 2012
That came together so beautifully. Although the question was there about Togo's legs since the disabilities began, I hadn't stopped to think about why she had 3 faeries at the start.

There will be comparisons, but I don't care, I'm loving this Neon Genesis Madoka more than ever.
Dec 11, 2014 12:35 PM

May 2013
It is definitely an endless cycle. Vertexes being reborn right when you think that are defeated. This will keep happening until the girls become disabled. This is a really bad situation to be in.
Dec 11, 2014 12:39 PM

Aug 2010
Why u do this T^T So much despair D:

Didn't expect even their parents to know :O And so that scene when Mimori went through the barrier was her leaving the edges of the real world? The whole earth is just encapsulated by a tree?

21 fairies O_o? So she's lost a function in her body for more than 20 times. How the hell is she still able to smile after going through that shit :/

And Dat ending!! Millions and millions. How the hell are they gonna survive that??
Dec 11, 2014 12:41 PM

Apr 2010
So technically there is no end to this system seeing to amount they would have to destroy.
This episode explained a lot tho, like how the girls where entered into hospital without raising questions with their parents and how they where able to go on that trip.
It also makes it clear why everything was well funded like for instance the installations made for Togo to move around the school without the help of others.
And that expensive camp.

Another thing that stood out was the parents, i counted three couples and one extra person.
I guess that last person was the guardian of the Inubouzaki sisters.
The question is what was their say in it, Togo's parents where part of the organisation already and i guess the same applies to Karin's parents and the guardian of the sisters.
Yuuna's parent's must have had a big money offer since it didn't seem like they where part of the organisation, but it must still be hard on them knowing what could happen to their daughter.
Dec 11, 2014 12:46 PM

Mar 2012
All I can respond with is :(

It just gets worse and worse for the girls.
Dec 11, 2014 12:53 PM

Jul 2014
This episode explained everything. the funding they get, Taisha's people, it was just great.

Togo finally falling in despair.

can't wait for the next episode.
Dec 11, 2014 12:57 PM

Mar 2013
The more explanation u get the more sad u become :O
Dec 11, 2014 1:06 PM

Aug 2013
The feeling of despair is pretty strong. It's starting to become a lot more similar to shinsekai yori. Figured it was going to diverge from those madoka vibes sooner or later.

It must be really traumatic and depressing to be the parents of these girls. Take Togo for example. Her parents clearly loved her and gave her to the Taisha so that she can protect the world. But than they give her away for two years and when she comes back... And despite this they have to let her carry on doing these sacrifices to protect the world.
That's pretty darn sad...
[/url]
Seven-Coloured Puppeteer.
Dec 11, 2014 1:08 PM

Jan 2009
Destroy everything to end everyone's suffering... It makes total sense. They can't die or kill themselves… & they'll eventually end up bedridden in a hospital, knowing that there seems to be an infinite amount of vertexes to fight. Tougo, u have my respect.

9/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Dec 11, 2014 1:21 PM

Dec 2013
IF WE BURN YOU BURN WITH US
Dec 11, 2014 1:34 PM

Jul 2013
Nogi Sonoko.. has 21 faeries? Holy shit.
Total despair :(
fuck this episode :'(
Everything is just getting worse..
Dec 11, 2014 1:56 PM

Jul 2014
So, it really has come to this then? I had a feeling it would come to someone trying to destroy the Shinju-sama to destroy the world, but I didn't expect it to go like this. But now everything that has happened makes sense.

Now what's the bet on Yuna fighting Togo and ruining her plan to end their suffering?
Dec 11, 2014 2:23 PM

Jul 2012
Man this anime is a roller coaster of emotions.....
It was first a light hearted, Slice of Life type anime, then it slowly rose to some magical girl and fantasy type anime.....and now.....Oh dear...

We learned that the girls are like......offerings to the gods or something, and everytime they go Mankai, they lose a part of their body sense. o-o

Man oh man! And this episode just went down hill from happy to just full on despair! The truth about the wall surrounding the world, and.....all those Vertexes......and Togo blowing up the wall......
UGH! This anime HAS to end in a happy way, please! I don't want anymore sadness to be filled in these girls! !!!!! D:
Dec 11, 2014 2:29 PM
Dec 2013
This show is really getting more and more messed up, I mean seriously, having to choose between dying along with your world or spending the rest of your life completely crippled is just mad. I can understand Taisha's view and I can understand Tougou's view too, its just such a terrible situation.

This reminds me more and more of Bokurano, I know a lot of people think in Madoka but what is truly in the game here is the girl's sense of duty as well as the adults manipulating them (Instead of an entity like Kyubey) in a situation where they must sacrifice themselves for the greater good.

That ending where there is this infinite wave of enemies reminds me of a lot of sad moments, muv luv, gunbuster... and to be sincere Komm Susser Tod from End of Evangelion would fit well on those last moments.
Dec 11, 2014 2:33 PM

May 2011
I wanted cute mahou shoujo anime with cute girls and stuff not freaking madoka all over again -.-
Dec 11, 2014 3:21 PM
Jul 2018
Nogi has 21 faires, I was pretty surprised when I heard that.

Vertexes are being reborn.

That ending....million of Vertexes. I wonder how will the girls survive from that.
Dec 11, 2014 3:35 PM
Oct 2014
A bleak situation with no way out, and an endless war indeed.

Yuuki Yuuna is not a Hero. Yuuki Yuuna is a soldier. A child soldier. in an endless war.

Here's my wild speculation of the ending.

I think when push comes to shove, Yuuna will side with the Taisha - even if indeed they are going to be sacrifices, because the alternative is humanity's wholesale annihilation as a species, Yuuna strikes me as the type that would see such sacrifices as worth it. She might even be converted into the Utilitarianism the Taisha embrace, for understandable reasons.

While Togo destroying the system for good and triggering the extinction of humanity, and an "End of Evangelion" style ending might result could be very possible, I forsee another, bleaker ending. Yuuki Yuuna becomes the "Hero" in the truest sense of the word, executing her best friend, Togo for the betrayal. In the aftermath, Yuuna Mankais twenty times to win the battle. After that, millions are dead, property damage is severe, Yuuna sanges severely, and comes to a grim conclusion, completely opposite of Togo. The system must not only be maintained, but made more resilient to another incident like Togo.

If employing child soldiers, "Heroes" are necessary, and such deployments come at a severe cost to the heroes, one option might be to narrow the number of Heroes involved. The second option, would be to instead spread the burden among Heroes, and raise an "Army of Heroes" for the defense of humanity, that way, the Mankai burden can be more widely distributed, rather than forcing a small handful of girls into Mankai and the complete destruction of her body.

So, using her powers as a demi-goddess,leveraging on further tech advances, she rewrites doctrine and tries honesty for a pilot batch of the next heroes- for the vast majority of Yuushas of lower aptitude, Karin serves as an example - Mankai aversion is preferable. the heroes would be warned that Mankai comes with a price that may or may not be permanent - remember, Yu only broke because of Itsuki.

She refrains from telling them, right at the start of the endless number of Vertexes - she would set the number higher and she would wait to observe how some heroes react to more than one Mankai, before telling them the truth - they are soldiers in an endless war for humanity's survival. Furthermore, she would not allow any Heroes to learn the truth about Vertexes, without the observation of someone who has already accepted that truth, Smartphone ready, and ready to step in case that younger Hero cannot accept the grim truth of the endless war. Preferably, a Hero would not have to learn the truth until she's sufficiently mature enough to accept the truth. 14 years olds tend to be very, very poor cases at accepting the truth.

Finally, she makes the Heroes club as a Front for Yuusha recruitment even more explicitly. She would try to interconnect the various Heroes clubs together, to give a sense of camaraderie and espirit d'corps among the various Heroes club.

In other words, she would make research into the possibility of a mass-army of Heroes, while preventing a repeat of Togo's insane betrayal possible. She will steel her heart, and offer it as the sacrifice of being the "Hero" of humanity, by reforming the Hero system.

Why is it that some people are willing to join armies and die for their country gladly? These peoples may well be the best suited to be Heroes - willing to pay the price in service to humanity. Yuki Yuuna IS a Hero, and will be at all cost. Humanity is in an endless war and Yuuki Yuuna shall be the Captain of it's Heroes.
novalysisDec 11, 2014 4:12 PM
Dec 11, 2014 3:45 PM

Nov 2012
Bloody hell! The more you learn, the worse it gets!
'Once an Arsenal man, always an Arsenal man.' - Bob Wilson.

Dec 11, 2014 4:16 PM

Nov 2013
I wasn't expecting to like this much but the show just keeps getting better! I can't wait for the next episode!

Dec 11, 2014 4:23 PM
Dec 2014
Sonoko explained why the gods are trying to destroy the humanity? I don't know if i missed this.
Dec 11, 2014 4:40 PM

Mar 2008
artesox said:
This show is really getting more and more messed up, I mean seriously, having to choose between dying along with your world or spending the rest of your life completely crippled is just mad. I can understand Taisha's view and I can understand Tougou's view too, its just such a terrible situation.

This reminds me more and more of Bokurano, I know a lot of people think in Madoka but what is truly in the game here is the girl's sense of duty as well as the adults manipulating them (Instead of an entity like Kyubey) in a situation where they must sacrifice themselves for the greater good.

That ending where there is this infinite wave of enemies reminds me of a lot of sad moments, muv luv, gunbuster... and to be sincere Komm Susser Tod from End of Evangelion would fit well on those last moments.

Yea, it is indeed Bokurano.
Dec 11, 2014 5:41 PM

Oct 2014
I believe in Togo. Togo-team! :D
Dec 11, 2014 5:50 PM

Mar 2010
I didn't think that this series would turn out like this. And when it took a darker turn I thought it would be another Madoka rip-off like Gen'ei, but it took a serious different turn and I really like that. And it really is serious stuff we talk about here.

Fight until you become unable to do anything and be unable to die is pure hell. And with the Vertexes just keep multiplying and with no end in sight, I understand Togo in her decision and I stand 100% behind her. I have no idea how it will turn out but I didn't think that this series would turn out to be this great.

9/10
Dec 11, 2014 6:23 PM

Apr 2010
So if Nogi used the Mankai 20 times resulting in having 21 faeries and everyone gained an additional faery for using the Mankai, that means Togo who had 3 starting out must have.... !!!!!

I think I may have figured out what's going on without having to spoil myself. But it does explain alot though.
Dec 11, 2014 6:25 PM

Jan 2013
Ohh so much despair
The truth opened up
Such an endless cycle of fighting the Vertexes
Togo really wants to save her friends by unleashing hell upon them
Was it suppose to end their lives quickly or have many people turn into heroes and fight down to the person so people can feel the despair of the Hero System and the girls' as well

I'm in despair! Fighting to protect people while offering ourselves to the Gods have left me in despair!!
Dec 11, 2014 6:33 PM
Dec 2014
i'd rather see the world ended than see yuna and togo fight each other... it's late for that kind of plot twist... none of the girls should be the enemy... the enemy is either shinjuu and taisha or the vertexes...

and even though it's a great anime... i really don't want to see any more of this... they got 2 episodes left... and they have to bring happiness to the girls in those 2 episodes...
Dec 11, 2014 6:44 PM

Oct 2012
Well Mimori wemt off the deep end
Dec 11, 2014 7:06 PM

Jan 2013
I wonder of all possble (predictable) endings which one the writer and the director would pick. I'm OK with anything except "somehow miracle", which is very unlikely to expect considering the current situation.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Dec 11, 2014 7:22 PM

Apr 2012
Despair!!! Lots of it too!

Togo's seen what's on the other side of the barrier, and it isn't pretty. Pretty much the first thing that entered my mind was, "Is that hell?"
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Dec 11, 2014 7:59 PM

Jan 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g2tqul-bYA

OP was a spoiler. Yup.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Dec 11, 2014 8:09 PM

May 2009
Holy shit
Dec 11, 2014 8:39 PM
Nov 2012
I really do want togo and yuna to battle it out. that'd really put the icing on the cake at the worst birthday party i've ever been too.
Dec 11, 2014 9:03 PM

Mar 2014
Mother of Jesus, this is one shitty world. I cannot blame Togo for choosing this way out; pretty much every option other than "miraculous recovery asspull that hasn't even been foreshadowed like it at least was in Clannad" or "second season of YuYuYu" is utter frigging trash.
I definitely see Yuuna and Mimori fighting, along with the rest likely joining in with Yuuna(though Fu might be a potential turn, she freaked the hell out over everyone and especially Itsuki). One potential counter-argument I see coming from the others is "Why destroy this world when it'll invalidate the sacrifices of every other Hero, including themselves", and I have a feeling that's definitely going to crop up to put Mimori on the defensive. Though since Itsuki can't speak, we have no idea how she'll turn...

Ten bucks she joins Mimori in blowing this world to hell

It certainly will be an exciting ride to the end, whether we join the Heroes in hell or heaven or somewhere in between. I give props to the show for stringing along all the people who expected just a plain old magical girl warrior show with slice of life, which in all honesty I would not have minded but the dark twist and plunge into total despair(though it pains me because I too want a happy ending...) made it far more interesting.
Dec 11, 2014 10:27 PM

Aug 2013
OH MY ASGJHAGDJASGHDAF

WHY THIS SHOW IS SO UNDERRATED
sigh..

that twist, that despair, that truth, that vertex, that Togo!
this is one of anime that can really make me hype..
besto..
Dec 12, 2014 1:23 AM
Oct 2013
Holy crap.
Dec 12, 2014 1:53 AM

Jan 2013
oh wow, she had the best idea ever, let them go loose and face them with everyone.
I don't see that happening on another anime.
Dec 12, 2014 1:57 AM

Aug 2008
This keeps getting more and more like Madoka. Even the cast screams of it: Togo is similar to Homura, Yuuna to Madoka, Karin to Kyouko, Sayaka to Fuu and Nami to Itsuki. I like it.

I expect a bitter-sweet ending. Probably more bitter than anything though.
Dec 12, 2014 2:32 AM

Jan 2011
21?! my god, feels like this only the start of their despair :(
Dec 12, 2014 3:00 AM

Jan 2013
Genix said:
This keeps getting more and more like Madoka. Even the cast screams of it: Togo is similar to Homura, Yuuna to Madoka, Karin to Kyouko, Sayaka to Fuu and Nami to Itsuki. I like it.

This is bafflingly facepalmy.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Dec 12, 2014 3:31 AM

Jan 2011
This anime is freaking amazing. God, I feel so bad for all the girls. This seriously is very underrated; gem of the season.
Dec 12, 2014 3:37 AM

Mar 2012
This is getting more depressing.

Is Takahiro the 2nd coming of Urobuchi?
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Dec 12, 2014 4:54 AM
Oct 2013
Zeta986 said:
This is getting more depressing.

Is Takahiro the 2nd coming of Urobuchi?
Perhaps, but he doesn't like to kill people now, he realises he likes to torture them instead.
Dec 12, 2014 5:23 AM

Sep 2011
bastek66 said:
Holy shit

ivaantjia said:
OH MY ASGJHAGDJASGHDAF

WHY THIS SHOW IS SO UNDERRATED
sigh..

that twist, that despair, that truth, that vertex, that Togo!
this is one of anime that can really make me hype..
besto..

Have to second that
Dec 12, 2014 5:55 AM

Aug 2013
I still have this terrible feeling that this anime will screw up really badly in these last 2 episodes... Akame ga kill was like that. decent in the middle but shit at the end. And they are both written by Takahiro.
Hopefully that won't happen. This anime is pretty different from Akame ga kill. Makes it slightly hard to believe they were written by the same person.
[/url]
Seven-Coloured Puppeteer.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

188 by mikejimamadara »»
Apr 23, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

98 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

58 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 7, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2014

67 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 4, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

112 by Fabrizio00 »»
Feb 26, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.