Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 26, 2009 3:51 PM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Things are getting chaotic!
Dec 25, 2009 12:23 AM

Jul 2007
Damn this episode was alot better. Tons more action and Zoro Vs. warrior Braham was pretty cool. Zoro's new skill looked pretty awesome.

Enel finally shows him self in front of the crew and Sanji just got owned. Luffy needs to come there and kick that guys ass.

Dec 25, 2009 3:51 PM

Feb 2009
link9us said:
Damn this episode was alot better. Tons more action and Zoro Vs. warrior Braham was pretty cool. Zoro's new skill looked pretty awesome.

Enel finally shows him self in front of the crew and Sanji just got owned. Luffy needs to come there and kick that guys ass.

Bue really, can he? Muahaha!

Anyway stick with it, it's getting better now, everyone will have some sort of fight.
Dec 25, 2009 9:40 PM

Jul 2007
Veethorn said:
link9us said:

Bue really, can he? Muahaha!

Anyway stick with it, it's getting better now, everyone will have some sort of fight.

lol yeah? Hope so. The arc was kind of slow going at first but its getting better now.

Jan 2, 2010 3:08 AM

Oct 2008
Ahh, Sanji. ;____;
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 9, 2010 1:36 AM

May 2008
Zoro sure won his match fast, for Sanji to get pwned so badly he must be strong

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 11, 2010 6:49 AM

Apr 2008
To think that Sanji got pwned in one attack

Mar 21, 2010 1:21 PM

Oct 2009
Well I hope they show what happened when Enel got on the Merry. After all, the Straw Hats don't know what he looks like and I don't think Sanji would go berserk for any random guy who pops up. Or maybe I missed something...I'm tired, I should go back and check xD
Mar 25, 2010 4:47 PM

Mar 2008
God Enel is in the house.
May 22, 2010 4:43 PM

Jul 2009
WOOH Zoro is really awesome. :D

Sanji already beat? DAAAAAAAAAMN

4/5
Dec 4, 2010 4:51 PM

Mar 2009
A good episode. Looking forward to what will happen next.

Dec 4, 2010 9:25 PM

May 2010
zoro's fight is great.. i'm hoping chopper will have the next fight haha.. i didn't expect the straw hat crew to be fighting the shandia.. i thought they were fighting for the same cause
Feb 22, 2011 12:01 PM

Dec 2010
It is really getting better now, I hope they show Luffy' fight in the next episode
Mar 5, 2011 3:56 AM

Feb 2011
good episode

4/5
Mar 28, 2011 9:55 PM

Jun 2009
I refuse to believe Sanji was beaten that easily. I love this battle royal type of setting, it's very cool.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 2, 2011 12:23 AM

Aug 2010
Sanji in one hit? Pffff, hax
Aug 2, 2011 10:04 AM

Aug 2010
Zoro casting his new skill looked very strange. Come on, he is a tank, not melee-damage-dealer xD

Poor Sanji...but I'm not surprised at all, I think it will be Luffy or Whiper (how is it spelled?) who kick Enel's ass. Certainly not Sanji.
The only thing that amazed me very much was this sudden appearance of Enel on the boat o_O
Feb 14, 2012 7:44 PM

Jul 2011
loved the map at the begging haha. But man I'm dying to see robin kick some ass, she could perform crazy attacks with that power.
Jul 24, 2012 12:02 PM

Sep 2009
Did i miss something? Why is that Enel-bastard suddenly on Going Merry?
And Sanji really is not that strong...
Oct 22, 2012 4:00 PM

Oct 2010
Sanji is strong, but he relies on physical contact, and Enel's power doesn't even let him reach his body. He's completely useless against him, in fact I think Usopp would do better lol.

Also, the map at the beggining xDDD

A great episode. Robin is starting to become a great character, I loved her quiet take on the fight. Zoro, as badass as always. And well, clueless Chopper.

Let's see how does this go on. It seems things have finally started to move in this arc.
Jun 17, 2013 10:06 PM
Feb 2013
jal90 said:

Also, the map at the beggining xDDD

Yea, I really liked that part too.
Dec 17, 2013 4:00 AM

Aug 2013
This arc is actually redeeming itself for me, finally.
Jul 1, 2014 6:38 AM

Oct 2013
On to the next 1

Apr 10, 2015 7:46 AM

Jan 2014
Zorooooo, that was amaziiiiin *___*

I don't like seeing Sanji so weak ;-;
Aug 11, 2015 9:14 AM

Mar 2015
"what a cruel thing to do"

after breaking a guys neck. Dayumn Robin.

LOL @ the intro "They went south.. directly.. south"
Sep 3, 2015 1:22 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Big LoL for the beginning with the directions XD

Mar 30, 2016 1:40 PM

Jun 2015
Zoro's new technique ! And Enel at the ship was surprising :O
Jul 16, 2016 6:33 AM

Mar 2015
whoa plenty of duels and fights everywhere, three sides going at each other
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 14, 2017 9:39 AM

Dec 2016
Zoro vs. Braham was pretty good
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 14, 2017 10:03 AM

May 2014
Zoro was cool af this episode- he works quickly!
Definitely seems like he's learned a lot from his previous fights in Alabasta...he was speaking like the damned Buddha! XD

One thing that's been making Zoro's last few fights really interesting is the amount of introspection he has during them- we learn more about his through his fights which makes sense, considering his ultimate goal.

And oh crap, shit just got real at the end there. Enel has descended and his first victim is poor Sanji, who just got grilled barbequed.
Yep, they definitely got the short end of the stick...maybe Gan Fall can do something?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2017 2:17 AM

Mar 2012
Well since his power seems to be lighting then this should be a piece of cake fight for Luffy.
May 17, 2017 7:30 AM

Oct 2016
Will Enel's lightning powers have effect on Luffy, since he's the rubber man?
Sep 2, 2017 5:45 PM

Jun 2009
I generally liked this arc a little more this second time around. But, as a Sanji fan, him getting taken out so early really annoys the shit out of me.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 22, 2018 2:06 PM

Jun 2016
So, one Straw Hat is down just like that. Eneru is strong, and his prediction is looking more and more true. I wonder which Straw Hats will stand until the end. In fact, that scene was the most interesting part of the episode for me. I wasn't expecting Eneru to visit the Going Merry like he did, I wonder what his goal is assuming it involves speaking to Gan Fall. He did mention that he didn't plan to harm them. Maybe he's going to explain the situation or he wants something from him, I'm not sure. Usopp and Nami were horrified by Eneru killing(lol) Sanji like that and it transferred to the audience well well. To cut to screams before showing us what's going on was a good choice.

I was wondering why the Blue Sea people were seen as a threat by the Shandians, but it made sense once Wyper told Luffy that because he was on their land he was an enemy. It's a waste resources and manpower to lose the greatest Shandian warriors to Straw Hats where there's divine warriors and priests, but it's acceptable coming from such a spiteful leader.

I didn't mention before, but the way that the Straw Hats were separated was notably contrived. A giant snake appears out of nowhere, not established before and acts as a plot device(unless controlled by Eneru or something) in order to separate them. This parts fine but not good. Then Zoro shows he's the stupidest he's been in the series for a joke, thinking the right eye means to go right no matter what. He's not that dumb come on. Luffy walking in a stupid direction makes sense. Robbin making it to the ruins makes sense. But Chopper not using his smelling to track down his friends, or the ruins willingly was somewhat outrageous. You could state this was because he was "so scared that he forgot how to smell scents" or "there's so much going on that he wouldn't be able to distinguish who was who", which both would be valid excuses but it didn't play with either in a valuable way. Instead, even if he forgot a sense that has been used by him intuitively from birth which itself is silly, he wanders his way to the ruins accidentally and then claims, maybe "I was smelling to track down the ruins subconsciously". If I knew immediately that he should have tried that, I think he should have to. My point is that this is a weak plot element used to separate our crew and give them individual fights and it's clearly transparent in how it's trying it. At least it let us see Robbin snap a guys neck, and see Gedatsu refer to Chopper as a "raccoon dog...", a comedic reaction suited for someone who's never seen a humanoid reindeer before, but one we don't get enough.

Next thing is the Zoro fight with Brahman. I do enjoy greatly the fact that we saw Zoro plan for a fight against a sky fighting ranged opponent as he's extrapolated from seeing some of them fight, and by hearing the noises of the war. That part is awesome, and it makes sense why Zoro would have a plan ready to go against Brahman. The goggles scene was hilarious. The fact Zoro fought the guy with guns rather than the swordsman for once is amazing, it's a nice break! But my problem lays where the fight actually went. It was brief, short, and even sort of boring. Zoro dropped his guard and his amazing threat detection that he nearly always has up to think about food and got shot. And he won by doing one slash inspired by some of his last attacks that, to me didn't even look like ranged attacks. He's never trained them as far as I know, and he's never used one intentionally as a ranged attack. Yet he does here which one shots Brahman, which is the one way he can win, and ends up being unsatisfying and overly convenient. I did adore the detail where the bullet grazed Zoro's face and made him bleed since that was a subtle but intense way to show how close he was to death, and how fearless he is. I also found him dodging bullets to be funny.

Because of those, the art and animation decline I mentioned last thread, and the pacing of this arc telling a broken up story of multiple perspectives that struggles to get anywhere, it make me view this as a functional, and even enjoyable arc but not one of One Piece's strongest.
May 22, 2018 9:22 AM

Jun 2017
Shit my man just COOKED Sanji right at the end yo,he wants to fight Gan Fall but Gan Fall is in no position to fight I mean like one of the priest done him over. How is he gonna fight Enel,Enel is the dude that bloody everyone flippin' look up to.
CHECK OUT YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR GREATNESS : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjBB704NbCItpMA7VhSQmQg
Apr 21, 2020 11:50 PM

May 2016
They're all really out there to kill each other, damn. I know that killing people is a thing in this series and a lot of people died in Alabasta offscreen but it's been a while since I've seen that many onscreen kills especially from the present. Even Zoro and Nico's not hesitating to take a life if someone tries to kill them.

Eneru's entered the playing field and it looks like he killed Sanji, shit...

Oct 12, 2020 1:59 PM

May 2019
Kajo_Senpai69 said:
They're all really out there to kill each other, damn. I know that killing people is a thing in this series and a lot of people died in Alabasta offscreen but it's been a while since I've seen that many onscreen kills especially from the present. Even Zoro and Nico's not hesitating to take a life if someone tries to kill them.

Eneru's entered the playing field and it looks like he killed Sanji, shit...

I don’t think Zoro really killed Braham. He is heavily wounded for sure.
May 14, 2021 7:39 AM

Jun 2019
Don't mess with Zoro. Sanji got clapped by Kamisama.
Jul 16, 2022 2:02 AM

Oct 2019
Everyone's fighting
Feb 19, 2023 11:27 PM

Dec 2022
Zoro : heh... Nothing Personnel, kid
Mar 26, 2023 4:32 AM

Mar 2017
Eneru's appearance seemed a bit random. Poor Sanji :/

Zoro and Robin were both cool asf this episode.

Chopper seems more helpless than ever.. Hopefully we get some character development where he builds up some confidence. 

Can't wait for Luffy vs Butt Wyper xD I doubt it will be as straight forward as either of them think..
Apr 24, 2023 12:29 AM
Oct 2019
Even the Narrator given up on them about the direction lol

Should we really fighting the Shandians?
But they didn't want to listen whatsoever.

Oh boy God Enel is already on the Going Merry.
Oct 2, 2023 7:15 PM

May 2019
Zoro was badass in this. Robin is actually doing things other than reading books on the boat which is cool.
Oct 19, 2023 3:37 PM
Oct 2023
zoro fight was decent
Oct 23, 2023 4:49 AM
Oct 2023
Shit fr fr, Like i didnt like it skypie worst arc fr
Nov 6, 2023 9:32 PM
Feb 2017
the one piece is real
Mar 17, 1:38 PM

Jun 2017
on hindsight fighting the gang is giving them, the top dogs of Shandians, a chance to return once the whole ordeal is settled .If they encountered the OP God there's no option other than death
May 25, 6:41 AM
Apr 2023
it was a good arc. I liked it. it was good.
May 25, 6:41 AM
Apr 2023
it was a good arc. I liked it. it was good.
Aug 10, 11:14 PM
Jul 2024
skypeia is just too boring bro... I cant handle it anymore. Dropping one piece
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» One piece live action

OiJosuke_____ - Yesterday

19 by q00reo »»
35 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1092 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jan 27

61 by Atlas77 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1091 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jan 20

69 by Atlas77 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1120 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 21

41 by MasterK »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 217 Discussion

fact0 - Dec 15, 2009

40 by Titanfan93 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.