Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2012 2:32 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
the trite plot device on the gundam franchise where a death of a love one means a change of personality to the main character has been applied here on gundam age again... but never the less its still an emotional ride despite that its cliche

the vagan gundam has finally shown itself next episode will have more action hopefully
Jul 1, 2012 8:53 AM
Jan 2012
Kio hands in his biometrics for the AGE device quite easily to the Vagans in order to save Lu. Though, I can't blame him since most 13 year old kids can't think rationally.

The Legilis's face is similar to the Physalis. Hence, even their names rhyme.
Jul 1, 2012 9:13 AM

Jun 2011
Lord Ezelcant pilots the Vagan Gundam? O_O
Still not sure.

Btw I didnt care for Lu. After Yurin and Remis death, itwas too obvios that she will die. DAMM YOUUUUUUUUUU!

Though Kio now becomes the polar opposite to his father: Not onl thinking of the vagan as enemy, but as human.
Jul 1, 2012 10:05 AM

Jan 2009
Vegan Gundam looks similar to Zeta.
Sorry for grammar mistakes(if any), english is not my native language. Feel free to correct me if you see some.
Jul 1, 2012 12:32 PM

Jan 2010
Poor Lu... Still think that Yurin's death was more impactful. Deen was such a cockblocker though. Again, this whole episode was a mess. They should have split this episode in two.

Save one episode for Lu an Kio and let the next one concentrate on the whole rescue kio thing and more on the building of the Vegan Gundam. Hell, the moment with Kio and Asem was horribly written. This is the first time Kio has seen his father and not one mention of it... Oh well, only in Gundam AGE.
Jul 1, 2012 12:51 PM
Apr 2011
punkster90 said:
Poor Lu... Still think that Yurin's death was more impactful. Deen was such a cockblocker though. Again, this whole episode was a mess. They should have split this episode in two.

Save one episode for Lu an Kio and let the next one concentrate on the whole rescue kio thing and more on the building of the Vegan Gundam. Hell, the moment with Kio and Asem was horribly written. This is the first time Kio has seen his father and not one mention of it... Oh well, only in Gundam AGE.

Well this show's script, characterization, and plot execution have always been a goddamn fucking joke. AGE is a style over substance/quality show. It can be enjoyable, but I have no illusions as to what it is.
Jul 1, 2012 4:20 PM

Jun 2012
A good episode 4/5, I like to see Kio with conflict followed up from the last episode. I did not like the irony in Kio saying no Lu can't be dead, then attacks Vagan. It just left a little odd. A wonderful dad recuse although I felt like they got in to easily. Yeah the pirate group is epic and I know the Vagan Gundam is about to strike so maybe they were allowed to leave just hit me the wrong way.

Just image the rage Asemu would bring about Kio when they found out that he gave them access to the AGE device. And then if Flit finds out. . . *Shivers at the beating Kio would face.* Yet it seemed rushed and that whole thing sadly might be over looked.

Can't wait for next week! Gundam vs Gundam with some more pirate action! EPIC!
Jul 1, 2012 5:27 PM

Sep 2011
Lu...
part of me just died...
Jul 1, 2012 8:23 PM

Jan 2010
A-Knight said:
punkster90 said:

Well this show's script, characterization, and plot execution have always been a goddamn fucking joke. AGE is a style over substance/quality show. It can be enjoyable, but I have no illusions as to what it is.

This. I just think it's funny how they found the AGE device just like that. And here i thought the EFF were the only ones lacking security.

And to anyone who worries about the minor characters, I'm sure we'll never see Deen again.

Since there's going to the new AGE FX, will there be a new opening?
Jul 1, 2012 9:21 PM

Sep 2011
found some more pages from Memories of Sid

Jul 1, 2012 10:11 PM

Jan 2008
Lousy, lousy writing. And a second 'one trick pony' character death after what's-her'name died a traitor death. And kids ad old as Kio can act in a mature way. He's just a mentally challenged hippie now.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Jul 2, 2012 10:40 AM
Apr 2008
punkster90 said:

Apparently there's going to be a new opening theme titled "Aurora" by Aoi Eir, who sung the first Fate/Zero ending theme.
Jul 2, 2012 10:45 AM

Jun 2012
webkid94 said:
punkster90 said:

Apparently there's going to be a new opening theme titled "Aurora" by Aoi Eir, who sung the first Fate/Zero ending theme.

They need a new beginning for the end for clearly Kio is not going to be the hero to end the war. I think that will be Asemu. However, there will only be three ages right? I feel like another time jump would not fit unless it is only like a year.
Jul 2, 2012 7:19 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
A 30 years timeskip is necessary to end the war. We are at year 70ish. The war supposedly lasted 100 years according to the narrator. Honestly, I think it's really far fetched. If a single war (not a series of them) lasts 100 years, you are doing it wrong.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 3, 2012 4:19 AM

Jun 2011
wakka9ca said:
A 30 years timeskip is necessary to end the war. We are at year 70ish. The war supposedly lasted 100 years according to the narrator. Honestly, I think it's really far fetched. If a single war (not a series of them) lasts 100 years, you are doing it wrong.

Well, the most time they glared at each other. I say at least 20 years went by so the Federation could eveanly match the new Invader (more or less, Adele ftw!). Then they had their own problems within the government. And heck, the federation doesnt even plan to travel to mars and just finish of the moon base 2. their home colony. Instead their taking a very defensive art of command, with one ship hoping to find the whole EXA-DB to own the enemy. I dont think that neither the Earth Federation nor the Vagans plan a large scale invasion of the enemys homeland without the whole EXA-DB. Although maybe the Vagan now do it, with their own built Gundam and maybe some more data that was stored inside the AGE-Device).

Just consider the distance between Mars and Earth. The Vagans are the only one who took the initiative and attacked the earths colonys. While the earth is sitting their, waitin for the enemy to defend themselves, but not really know where the location of Vagan is (although now Asemu, Kio and the whole Bisidian crew know it).

While, on the other hand, sure, the Vagan took the initiative, but heck, they themselve have a big problem with the Mars Cancer (whats now the name of that illness? Was it ever mentioned?). Not mentionin their poverty as seen, only rich ppl can afford to buy the medicine it seems.
Jul 3, 2012 3:09 PM

Jun 2012
It just does not sound right to me because the main protagonist has always been a boy in their teens. And I am pretty sure they do not intend on bringing in another child to the Asuno so how would another thirty year leap work?

I mean unless they are going to pull a Gundam Seed and have no true winner to the war along a Vagan to be the new protagonist yet I guess we will have to wait and see.

As for the war going on for a really long time think of the holy land for Jews, Christians, and Muslims they all have been fighting for it for years upon years well that is basically the situation with Gundam Age. Earth is the "holy land" and both sides will do almost anything to keep it or take it.
Jul 4, 2012 3:32 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Well, that was predictable anyway. At least it's going in the classic anti-war and understanding direction. Gundam is really boring with just pew-pew.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 4, 2012 4:22 PM

Sep 2010
Knew Lu was going to die, but I was kinda hoping that Kio would take Lu with him or something. xD

5/5 I enjoyed it feel sorry for Lu's brother, but at least his sister had some great memories before she died.

Can't wait to see the new opening! I doubt there will be another generation Gundam pilot or that character would have been in the promotional picture too.

*sigh* only 11/12 more episodes and its over. T_T
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 4, 2012 5:28 PM

Jan 2010
Roloko said:
Knew Lu was going to die, but I was kinda hoping that Kio would take Lu with him or something. xD

5/5 I enjoyed it feel sorry for Lu's brother, but at least his sister had some great memories before she died.

Can't wait to see the new opening! I doubt there will be another generation Gundam pilot or that character would have been in the promotional picture too.

*sigh* only 11/12 more episodes and its over. T_T

The AGE staff is so disorganized that they probably didn't plan it. Wouldn't put it past them to make something up at the last minute. 30+13= 43. Too old for a Gundam protagonist. Then again there's also Flit and Asem...

Who knows, maybe if they do a fourth generation, Deen might comeback as an obstacle for kio.
Jul 4, 2012 7:56 PM

Sep 2009
This show makes me fucking mad.
I come from the original series, which I loved, and then I come to this piece of shit.

The death of a character who was only in 2 episodes is supposed to be a major plot point? Hell, there was barely any development for Wolf. Well.. any character.

At least these are some great Gunpla coming from the series.
Jul 4, 2012 7:59 PM

Jan 2010
I think it would have been better to have Asemu accidentally blow up her house or some shit and then have Kio go into a rage.

Now that would be both tragic and hilarious. This was just terrible and cheap feeling. The writing was somehow WORSE than usual in this episode.
Ok™
Jul 4, 2012 8:06 PM

Jun 2012
If there is any time leap it will be no more then five years I am telling you. I have come to really like Kio yet it will most likely all come back for Flit to save the day. And a pirate can't save the day he is becoming Wolf like which is EPIC but not the hero.
Jul 4, 2012 8:07 PM

Jun 2012
McRib said:
I think it would have been better to have Asemu accidentally blow up her house or some shit and then have Kio go into a rage.

Now that would be both tragic and hilarious. This was just terrible and cheap feeling. The writing was somehow WORSE than usual in this episode.

I fully agree, like we say Kio caring and them they rushed away to bring in the Vagab Gundam. Which I can't wait to see but don't rush it.
Jul 4, 2012 8:28 PM

Sep 2011
I guess they shouldve give it more than 50 episodes

And I found this
Minor spoilers at the near end part of it but I think we all know that it will happen sooner or later

Seeing ****head desil getting owned by the Artemis Wear puts a smile on my face
Can't wait to see scenes of what +20 year old Flit and Emily were doing before the Asemu was born in youtube
Brigs77Jul 4, 2012 8:41 PM
Jul 4, 2012 9:55 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
riku3008 said:

At least these are some great Gunpla coming from the series.

I don't know. So far I really don't like AGE mecha designs.
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Jul 5, 2012 6:00 AM
Jul 2009
I rated this show as bad (growing up of gundam kids and lame storyline) a the beggining but later on starting from 30 episode it got better and currently 7/10 so it's good.
I hate 1 thing- that Kio escaped so easly when he was in main base (lol there should be a lot of Vegans there yea?) . I thought Kio would persuade Ezelcumdick to not to fight and make a peace between Mars and his planet but NO, he did not and escaped just like this- because we need more episodes! YaY.
I did not mind the death of LU, for it is the gundam age way to change character personality and she was sick to dead anyway. It was still way better than death of White Wolf (he just died..did not try to escape lol so I found it lame).
I just love Asuno gundam<3

Brigandi I love the game itself but buy me PSP plz xd
batonikJul 5, 2012 6:04 AM
xxx
Jul 5, 2012 11:11 PM

Jun 2011
Either: Exelcant planned to let Kio escape. Or their didnt sent out many MS because it was, well, maybe their OWN COLONY and they didnt want to destroy it themselve! xDD

*loves the game himself and waits since it was announced that it gets released* x.x

Jul 6, 2012 1:21 PM

Apr 2009
Way to go, Kio! Hand over the goddamn biometric and encryption protocol of your trump card in exchange for a medicine that only bought a little girl a bit more time. Cry me a river here! x_x Good to know that the enemy can kill more people now because they got a new weapon thanks to you. Don't worry about those future casualties since they will be just a statistic compared to the tragedy of death of your friend from Mars. And oh guess what, they'll use it against you too! x_@ :RAGE:

I think I'm getting jaded watching this.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 7, 2012 9:01 AM

Sep 2011
Sorry saving my money for the Razor and Artemis wear

Ever thought that if Kio refuse he might get torture or possibly killed
Hell the masked fatass himself threaten to kill Kio last episode
Brigs77Jul 10, 2012 10:47 AM
Jul 7, 2012 8:36 PM

Jun 2012
Yeah I feel like if Zanald had it his way Kio would be raped and dead by now. Also did we forget that he is 13? I mean he is only a good pilot because of the simulator Flit got him to "play" He is not a solider like Asemu and not as driven as Flit to take out all Vagans. It actually makes sense in my book.
Jul 15, 2012 10:55 PM

Sep 2008
Up to 3800 exp now.

You'd think that Second Moon would have a ton more internal defense.
Asemu practically walked in there and took forever to rescue Kio.
Heck Kio had time to fly back and visit his Vegan pals without the Gundam being recaptured!

Oh, I guess that girl dying was sad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2012 3:23 AM
May 2012
Kio Asuno has been too late to save Lu anon.

Damn it, I really don't care less!
Aug 6, 2012 2:10 AM
Dec 2011
Asemu went through the vegan,begal defence ?

That means they defeated at least 80% of their total forces. lol

They could've just blown that building too where izel kan to lives.

Security fail.
Sep 13, 2012 7:30 PM

Feb 2008
Or it was really intended to let them escape, or just fight outside. If they started a fight inside..you know the outcome (first episodes in 79/SEED/AGE). But still, the part with Kio flying to Lu was dumb, but hey, it's Gundam. Sometimes they even talk for more than 5 minutes during a battle, and no one attacks them.

About Lu's death, well they said themselves that she'd die soon. It's kinda sad seeing people post "It was too obvious that she'll die". Well of course it's obvious if they said so themselves. There was no hope for her.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 13, 2012 8:41 PM
May 2012
ZetaZaku said:
About Lu's death, well they said themselves that she'd die soon. It's kinda sad seeing people post "It was too obvious that she'll die". Well of course it's obvious if they said so themselves. There was no hope for her.

Oh Lu anon....

Why did you died so soon (after Grodek Ainoa since he's returned during ep23 and then died next ep)... Good god, the Irony...
Sep 20, 2012 7:10 AM

Nov 2010
Great but sad episode. and knowing Gundams history it was obvious she was going to die. still very sad though when kio looked at her diary about all the things him and Lu would do together. :(
Dec 6, 2013 2:11 PM
Nov 2010
This was finally a good episode coming out of this series.
Aug 26, 2014 3:29 PM

Feb 2013
LOL..........So Kio helped create a weapon of Mass Destruction,for what....some sickly 13 year old
Feb 7, 2016 1:23 AM

Dec 2015
A few more minutes about the usual life of the population would have been appreciated. About the colony design, noone find it strange? (maybe I am too accustomed to see rotating cylinders)

About the all "tech ology secrets delivery" thing I see complaints about, would anyone at this age stands the present injust suffering of someone ? (even knowing what their act will lead to )

Overall, bad development of a potentially in teresting double episode, but I welcome the mutual understanding theme from Gundam (and 00)
Apr 15, 2016 1:07 AM

Jul 2008
Now the Vagan for the Gundam F91, nice one Kio.

And now will begin the War between Kio and Flit.
Oct 13, 2023 6:12 PM
Dec 2020
I will never make fun of Victory Gundam for having disposable female characters ever again. Hell, I'll never make fun of the Zeta movies for having disposed of Four within about twenty minuites worth of runtime again. Yes Lu is moe, yes kids dying of space cancer is sad, but dramaturgically this is so rushed as to be verging on satire.
Also Mr. Ezelcant perhaps it might be an idea to devote the massive spending and construction effort on medical spending and not a military industrial complex strong enough to wage multigenerational interplanetary warfare? Even some good old 1950s Fallout- style nuclear bunkers under the Martian surface would probably be a damn sight easier to build than that massive space colony of theirs, although granted it might not be quite as exciting when the (admittadly pretty cool looking) Vagan Gundam launches from it.
Ah well, hopefully we'll get another decent battle scene next episode. Also, enough Lu, let's stick to Natola and Fram already please
Jan 25, 2:29 AM

Jul 2017
Maybe i'm too emotional and i understand the fact that the death of a character is used as a plot device in Gundam shows, but i really cried a lot at the end of the episode.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Oct 5, 3:36 AM

Sep 2016
I feel like the writing was on the wall, but what happened with Lu really pulled on my heart strings. On another note the view after they climbed those stairs was like a Brazilian Favela if you removed the color and made it bleak.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Episode 14 Discussion

zimno - Jan 15, 2012

46 by TheSelleri »»
Oct 1, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

InstrOne - Oct 16, 2011

64 by TheSelleri »»
Sep 28, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Sep 23, 2012

90 by Neemesis_2 »»
Jan 28, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Episode 48 Discussion

deg - Sep 16, 2012

49 by Neemesis_2 »»
Jan 28, 2:55 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Sep 9, 2012

50 by Neemesis_2 »»
Jan 28, 2:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.