Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 3, 1:02 PM
Mar 2024
Every isekai ive seen looks kind of crappy and the only appeal seems to be the cute girls(which are appreciated but only so much) so i havent really explored the genre. Are there any isekais that are actually good? or what i mean is...not full of fanservice with an entertaining plot, maybe even a female protag?
Jul 3, 1:11 PM

Aug 2013
Yes there are.

Bofuri

Bookworm

Otome game villainess

I'm a spider, so what? WARNING, not for those with arachnafobia!

Catgirl and her sword

The Saint -> you'll like this one, because I found it to girly lol

Witch of the Highlands

Enjoy!
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima

OMFG THE HYPE IS REAL!!! ELDEN RING SHADOW OF THE ERDTREE wOOt!! F YEAH LET'S F GOOOOOO!!!
Jul 3, 1:11 PM

Oct 2010
just watch 12 kingdoms and ignore all modern isekai
Jul 3, 1:15 PM

Jun 2019
Maybe you should try that Madougushi Dahliya wa Utusumukanai one which is starting this summer season.

Jul 3, 1:17 PM

May 2016
Juuni kokuki, .hack//sign, Magic knight rayearth or Tenku no Escaflowne.
Jul 3, 1:20 PM
Mar 2024
thank u soldiers!! anime binge night is set

Jul 3, 1:23 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Turn_A_Blum
Juuni kokuki, .hack//sign, Magic knight rayearth or Tenku no Escaflowne.
@Turn_A_Blum I got .hack//sign recced to me when watching something..had no clue it was an isekai...will take a look tyvm
Jul 3, 1:27 PM

Sep 2016
Astra00x said:
not full of fanservice with an entertaining plot

Movie: https://myanimelist.net/anime/28805/Bakemono_no_Ko

Series: https://myanimelist.net/anime/48849/Sonny_Boy
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 3, 1:27 PM

Oct 2013
Youjo Senki technically fits all those, if you count a guy being reincarnated into a girls body as a female lead.
Jul 3, 1:29 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to FanofAction
Youjo Senki technically fits all those, if you count a guy being reincarnated into a girls body as a female lead.
@FanofAction not what i expected when i googled it... but it looks cool!!!! so ty!! added to the watch list!!
Jul 3, 1:31 PM

Jun 2020
What you want you gonna find more in fantasy genre and not in isekai but here are some with less fanservice and not to 'girly'

Mairimashita! Iruma-kun

The Rising of the Shield Hero (There is some fanservice but not that much)

The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic

Villainess Level 99: I May Be the Hidden Boss but I'm Not the Demon Lord

Sasaki to Pii-chan

A little bit different ki d of isekai but Sonny Boy

Minimal to mid tier fanservice , Mid tier to good female characters , not to cute but can appeal to woman who dont want fanservice
Jul 3, 1:54 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Astra00x
@FanofAction not what i expected when i googled it... but it looks cool!!!! so ty!! added to the watch list!!
@Astra00x No problem. This is usually my go to when someone says they can't find a recent isekai that doesn't have most of the usual isekai tropes.
Jul 3, 1:56 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to Astra00x
@Turn_A_Blum I got .hack//sign recced to me when watching something..had no clue it was an isekai...will take a look tyvm
@Astra00x

+1 to .hack//sign... It can be a bit boring, but if you immerse yourself and enjoy the music (adds so much to the atmosphere!) then the story will just unravel before you.

It's not like modern isekai's because the MC is very different for major reasons, and it's more about the 'human condition' in relation to the virtual world and stuff like that. So, it's like an isekai how Sword Art Online is an isekai. (Not literally going to another planet.)

If you are into MMORPGs like .hack//sign, then you might enjoy Log Horizon. It's partially targeting that 'gamer' demographic. There are multiple things about it that are certainly 'for guys' like some of the humor. But there is some genuine all-round decent stuff.

(***** = actually good, I think. The rest are decent, maybe a bit generic/trashy but not terribly so)

*****"Ascendance of a Bookworm" is something lots of people like both in anime and light novel. Has a quirky girl protagonist.

*****Reincarnated as a Sword is great imao. Good animation, simple but fun story and MCs. (a bit of fan service)

As far as I'm aware, "The Weakest Tamer Began a Journey to Pick Up Trash" does not have trashy fan service and is supposedly wholesome.

Good standard isekai with a female protagonist. "The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent"

"Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear" is a decent somewhat generic but maybe not trashy(?) isekai with a female protagonist who has attitude.

Decent otome isekai with a kinda cool MC "Villainess Level 99: I May Be the Hidden Boss but I'm Not the Demon Lord"

Very little fan service, male MC, but classic fantasy like Lord of the Rings "The Faraway Paladin"

******There are also classic old school isekai that are actually good anime like "The Vision of Escaflowne", "Fushigi Yugi", and "Twelve Kingdoms"

PERSONAL RECOMMENDATION: "Isekai Shokudō" really nice, calming, all-round good isekai anime. There is technically some 'fan service' in the design of characters but it's 'reasonable' because it's a fantasy world. Highly recommend.
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Jul 3, 5:18 PM

Oct 2017
If you're willing to go back to older stuff, there's some shoujo isekai that essentially initially defined the genre before the modern male-power-fantasy era of isekai. Fushigi Yugi is probably what comes to mind first but I am not sure how well that holds up today
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Jul 3, 5:39 PM

Feb 2016
There are many isekai for girls, though they are not necessarily any better than those for boys. I like Magic Knight Rayearth, an older one.
その目だれの目?
Jul 3, 6:19 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to Coaghim
Yes there are.

Bofuri

Bookworm

Otome game villainess

I'm a spider, so what? WARNING, not for those with arachnafobia!

Catgirl and her sword

The Saint -> you'll like this one, because I found it to girly lol

Witch of the Highlands

Enjoy!
@Coaghim Bofuri is not an Isekai! But your recommendation are all Good!
Jul 3, 6:35 PM

May 2018
Fellow girl here! The only ones I really liked were youjo senki (military), drifters (bloody action), grimgar (drama, different vibe), and ascendance of a bookworm (wholesome).

Some great older isekai are juuni kokuki and inuyasha.
can't yuck my yum

Jul 3, 6:53 PM

Aug 2013
Reply to RjtheGreat14
@Coaghim Bofuri is not an Isekai! But your recommendation are all Good!
@RjtheGreat14 It isn't? *checks mal page*

Oh you're right, it has the video game tag therefore not an isekai indeed. It was my honest mistake, I saw it back in 2020 (dropped it eventually) when it was seasonal airing.
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima

OMFG THE HYPE IS REAL!!! ELDEN RING SHADOW OF THE ERDTREE wOOt!! F YEAH LET'S F GOOOOOO!!!
Jul 3, 8:16 PM

Feb 2017
Fushigi yuugi is the best one you have to watch it!!!
Jul 3, 10:00 PM

Aug 2016
mushoku tensei, Yu-no (visual novel) and those who hunt elves . yeah, they are the best of the bunch. but finish the anime in your watchin list first.
:v
Jul 4, 4:25 AM
Feb 2014
Mushoku Tensei is exactly the kind of anime that the OP would NOT like to watch, as she stated in the first post, smh!

As a female too, i can wholeheartedly recommend you Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi! :)

My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Jul 4, 4:57 AM
Apr 2022
Upcoming. Not allowed in another world. So far, I like the manga. It have bounce girls. But it's funny and there is twist.

Some isekai anime I watch:
Maou-sama, Retry!
Hataraku Mao-sama! (The Devil is a Part-Timer! )
Uncle from another world.
Dead mount death play.
Jul 4, 8:27 AM

Jun 2008
Action/adventure isekai with female mc, from most to less romance-focused:

Fushigi Yuugi
Escaflowne
Inuyasha
Rayearth

For isekai BL/yaoi-seeking girls:

The Titan's Bride
Reincarnated Into Demon King Evelogia's World
The Perfect Prince Loves Me, the Side Character?!

And wouldn't this fit under anime/manga recs?
RenaPsychoKillerJul 4, 10:37 AM

watching, waiting, commiserating
Jul 4, 9:20 AM

May 2018
Reply to Dauphine
Mushoku Tensei is exactly the kind of anime that the OP would NOT like to watch, as she stated in the first post, smh!

As a female too, i can wholeheartedly recommend you Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi! :)
@Dauphine thank you! I was thinking the exact same thing... mushoku tensei was a MAJOR turnoff!
can't yuck my yum

Jul 4, 9:46 AM

Nov 2011
I second Bofuri and Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear. Tearmoon is also great imo, if time travel counts as isekai (?)
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jul 4, 4:33 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to RenaPsychoKiller
Action/adventure isekai with female mc, from most to less romance-focused:

Fushigi Yuugi
Escaflowne
Inuyasha
Rayearth

For isekai BL/yaoi-seeking girls:

The Titan's Bride
Reincarnated Into Demon King Evelogia's World
The Perfect Prince Loves Me, the Side Character?!

And wouldn't this fit under anime/manga recs?
@RenaPsychoKiller thank youu, i thought the same!! but i wasnt sure if that channel was for specifically *giving* recs yknow? but now i know for next time xd
Yesterday, 3:16 PM
☆RetroRice☆

Oct 2023
Rayearth and inuyasha come to mind! There’s also Fushigi yuugi which though I love it, it does have some problematic stuff in it
10 hours ago
Feb 2021
Mate, this is isekai we're talking about. A "good isekai", save for three titles, is as real as the Easter Bunny or the Queen of England.

• Ascendance of a Bookworm
  • Twelve Kingdoms
  • Log Horizon

<end list>

...also lol, I used 3 as a hyperbole, but it turns out there WERE only three I could recommend. Lmao
10 hours ago

Dec 2022
Strange Dawn meets all the criteria you listed.

Shaded Horizon

9 hours ago

Jul 2021
Reply to Coaghim
@RjtheGreat14 It isn't? *checks mal page*

Oh you're right, it has the video game tag therefore not an isekai indeed. It was my honest mistake, I saw it back in 2020 (dropped it eventually) when it was seasonal airing.
@Coaghim kinda sad you dropped Bofuri, it is a good anime imo.

More topics from this board

» What comes in mind after saw this word?

nirererin - Yesterday

12 by Laplace_kun »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » the smartest anime fandom

deg - Yesterday

20 by Laplace_kun »»
9 minutes ago

» Your immediate plans for anime you're watching next ( 1 2 )

IpreferEcchi - Jul 1

50 by 0arche »»
9 minutes ago

» Post a gif from your favorite anime

JoeChip - Jun 30

20 by Jackson1333 »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you judge others for the things they are passionate about?

Shizuna - Yesterday

23 by Zakception »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.