Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 5, 1:41 AM

Jul 2023
"UNDERRATED"

Whenever I hear this word, the first thing comes to me is ARIA series. Aria is absolute phenomenon. But didn't get much appreciation which this show deserved.
Talent is someting to nurture and wisedom is something to hone

Jul 5, 1:42 AM

Feb 2020
Kiratto Pri☆Chan
Kemono Friends
Show By Rock!!
Strike Witches

SerafosJul 5, 1:48 AM
Jul 5, 2:01 AM

Sep 2016
Jul 5, 2:05 AM

Jun 2024
It's not underrated, but One Piece comes to mind. I can't think of anything else after that.
Jul 6, 1:02 AM

Jan 2024
Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad
Girls' Last Tour
School Rumble

I have had Aria on my "plan to watch" for a long time, I have to take a look at her one day
Jul 6, 1:19 AM

Jun 2024
Noir
G.A Art Design Class
Patlabor series
Pani Poni Dash
Hitman Reborn
Jul 6, 1:21 AM

Nov 2019
A popular 'underrated thread'. Nice bait, by the way.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jul 6, 1:27 AM
Oct 2023
This Masterpice is very underrated Name-- Summertime REndering

Jul 6, 1:27 AM

Nov 2019
What comes in mind after saw this word?

Alot of anime is underrated, that is low rated on this app, people on MyanimeList have a stupid mindset where a 6/10 rating is considered a average rating and anything lower is seen as below average for people on MAL.

When you watch the lowest rated animes on this app and other apps you can see they have some good fun in them, better than modern day anime that alot of people hoard to because they follow the crowd aimlessly.

People on this app are low IQ and the average rating reflects that, click on mfs profiles and seeing 7's and 10's in masses is crazy, although anime is subjective, the objective standard in society is removed when people rate animes 6/10 or what is apparently a 7/10 average on this app, when it should be 5/10 if that doesnt say something, then I dont know.
Jul 6, 1:42 AM

Apr 2012
What comes to my mind is "stop worrying about how others rate things".
Jul 6, 1:45 AM

Jul 2023
Reply to Animeinsight101

Alot of anime is underrated, that is low rated on this app, people on MyanimeList have a stupid mindset where a 6/10 rating is considered a average rating and anything lower is seen as below average for people on MAL.

When you watch the lowest rated animes on this app and other apps you can see they have some good fun in them, better than modern day anime that alot of people hoard to because they follow the crowd aimlessly.

People on this app are low IQ and the average rating reflects that, click on mfs profiles and seeing 7's and 10's in masses is crazy, although anime is subjective, the objective standard in society is removed when people rate animes 6/10 or what is apparently a 7/10 average on this app, when it should be 5/10 if that doesnt say something, then I dont know.
Animeinsight101 said:
it's kind of a rapid-fire kind lol

Yeah, it's not only in MAL in most of the tracking site (anilist, kitsu, etc) has this same kind of prob. But tbh, I think mal's anime scores are more accurate than other sites, I used so far.

Putting this underrate topic aside, aren't u begin little too hard on give score because i saw ur hightest rated anime is Monster which u gave only 7!? ur maximum is below 5, barely one or two anime has 6/7.

Jul 6, 2:18 AM

Jul 2023
Reply to logopolis
What comes to my mind is "stop worrying about how others rate things".
logopolis said:
"stop worrying about how others rate things".

well, said. that also come to my mind, but u know human are social being, we can't live alone. So, how can u ignore this important fact lol

Jul 6, 3:22 AM

Nov 2019
"Ignore whatever comes after following the most vague and vapid tag to praise something"
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jul 6, 5:28 AM

Jan 2018
nothing comes to mind as i'm not inclined to use these term. maybe if i search old popular shows and compare views with recent good show only then i might discover this undertaker.
Jul 6, 5:45 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Kill Me Baby

https://myanimelist.net/anime/11079/Kill_Me_Baby

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Jul 6, 7:43 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to OmBerry12_Bleach
This Masterpice is very underrated Name-- Summertime REndering

@OmBerry12_Bleach Lol, 500k members for that crap. Anything else you want?
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jul 6, 8:07 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Underrated = I have no taste and I have no ability to discern between mediocrity and quality
Jul 6, 8:32 PM

Dec 2021
https://myanimelist.net/anime/5682/Phantom__Requiem_for_the_Phantom?q=Phant&cat=anime

This is one of the best crime anime I have watched. Great Music, Characters and Ending.
Jul 6, 8:50 PM

Dec 2021
"the vastly misused word people randomly throw to praise something just because they think the internet is not actively talking about their decade old semi-popular show"

"𝑰𝒇 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒔, 𝑰 𝒈𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒔?"
» [JELEE] «
0:00 〇────── 4:47
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Jul 6, 9:10 PM

Dec 2021
Animeinsight101 said:
although anime is subjective, the objective standard in society is removed when people rate animes 6/10 or what is apparently a 7/10 average on this app, when it should be 5/10 if that doesnt say something, then I dont know.

Because of the fact that it's subjective, the "average" rating does not need to follow the mathematical mean of 0-10. Ofcourse if you have an objective formalism to transform the piece of media into a number, you can create such thresholds of subjective standards.

"𝑰𝒇 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒔, 𝑰 𝒈𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒔?"
» [JELEE] «
0:00 〇────── 4:47
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Jul 6, 9:38 PM
Mar 2022
Jul 6, 9:51 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
*insert any anime I like but not popular enough here*

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jul 6, 10:45 PM

Jan 2023
Kill la Kill is ranked 602 on MAL, which is a war crime.
Keijo!!! too.
Jul 6, 10:52 PM

Dec 2020
Quite a lot of people have seen Hellsing Ultimate, but I don't think people appreciate just how awesome of a show it it.
Yesterday, 12:15 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Urayamashii
@Zarutaku *Perfectly rated (char lim)
If score was doubled then you were right.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Yesterday, 12:24 AM

Jan 2008
Hmmm if I had to say then most underrated is probably Naruto. Dunno why it doesn't get much attention..
Yesterday, 12:27 AM

Aug 2012
Golden Kamuy
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Mushishi
Aria
Rurouni Kenshin

More topics from this board

» Your Waifu(s) at Different Ages/Forms

DoisacChopper - 3 minutes ago

0 by DoisacChopper »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Your Top 10 anime vs Top 10 none anime animation?

APolygons2 - Yesterday

13 by APolygons2 »»
3 minutes ago

» What anime did you find only okay but then after some episode became really hype?

MyllerPhiem - 9 hours ago

10 by TsutanaiFuun »»
15 minutes ago

» Send a massage to your past-self, what it would be?

nirererin - Yesterday

25 by TsutanaiFuun »»
17 minutes ago

» What is your nitpick about your favorite anime series?

raayaislost - 3 hours ago

8 by Takoyakirin »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.