Forum Settings
Forums

Can you suggest some anime that would be great to watch with a girl-friend

New
May 27, 1:44 AM

May 2024
A friend is coming over tonight, and she said before that she really likes anime. She is more of a casual fan who mainly watches mainstream shows. Any cute romantic anime for us to watch together? Or should I just Netflix and chill.
May 27, 1:53 AM

Feb 2024
Watch whatever makes her horny lol.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
May 27, 2:00 AM

May 2024
Reply to LoveYourSmile
Watch whatever makes her horny lol.
@LoveYourSmile Bro, if i knew what turns her on, do you think i be asking for anime suggestions on a stupid forum.
May 27, 2:03 AM

Oct 2010
I watched Prison School with Clarissa and she loved it, I recommend a comedy, try hinamatsuri, chio-chan no tsugakuro or joshikousei no mudazukai.
May 27, 2:10 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to Deus-Arcanum
@LoveYourSmile Bro, if i knew what turns her on, do you think i be asking for anime suggestions on a stupid forum.
@Gashadokur0

Try Scum's Wish maybe? It's pretty unique, my recent GF loved it, dunno why. Not so "cute mainstream" though, but they go to a melting point quickly there at least - you aren't going to watch the whole show in one night anyway, I guess.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
May 27, 2:13 AM

Nov 2023
https://myanimelist.net/anime/40787/Josee_to_Tora_to_Sakana-tachi

- Quite casual and it does fit your romantic needs. Its only a movie long so its short
May 27, 2:17 AM

Sep 2016
May 27, 2:26 AM

Oct 2019
Love is war is a pretty good one. It's funny, has a great dub which is a W for casual fans.

It's super easy to get into.

It also has a good amount of genuinely cute and romantic moments, and a comedic version of "fuck already" that should add just a tiny bit of potential spice to the watching experience.

Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Animeใ€ŒAMVใ€: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 27, 2:28 AM

Dec 2015
Watch any mainstream romance or whatever you'd enjoy.

Also I've heard/read through some statistics that Redo of Healer was quite popular among female audience, although I don't think it would be a good choice x)
May 27, 2:30 AM

Jul 2021
i finished say i love you yesterday and honestly there isn't any other anime that screams watching with girlfriend than this. its very wholesome with no dirty scenes or anything. just pure romance. i highly recommend watching this with your partner. let me know if you decide to.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 27, 2:39 AM

Sep 2020
If you want to watch anime with good story then you can check out :-

• Attack on Titan
• Vinland Saga
• Golden Kamuy
• Re Zero
• Steins;Gate
• Dororo

If you like to watch light hearted rom-com / slice of life anime then you can check out :-

• Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
• Fruit Basket
• Skip to Loafer
• Your Name (Movie)
• A Silent Voice (Movie)
• I want to eat your pancreas (Movie)
• All Ghibli Movies
May 27, 2:43 AM

Jun 2023
I think that School Days will be a good choice. It's a sweet romance anime.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2476

Also, I can recommend Happy Sugar Life. Another good anime about love.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/37517
May 27, 2:54 AM

Aug 2021
Horimiya was a reallly beautiful show
May 27, 2:57 AM

Jul 2010
No one suggested Lovely Complex, I have to fix this. Great show, maybe a bit old, but miles better than most romance series.
Please for the love of everything, don't watch it dubbed
May 27, 3:08 AM

Jul 2023
Reply to Deus-Arcanum
@Gashadokur0 How the hell are we supposed to know better what anime makes your friend horny!?
May 27, 3:15 AM
Apr 2024
The Apothecary Diaries
Horimiya
Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru
My Dress-Up Darling

You can describe those to her and let her choose
(Those are some that my partner saw and liked, she doesn't watch much anime)
May 27, 3:31 AM

Jun 2023
Reply to Ezeved
@Gashadokur0 How the hell are we supposed to know better what anime makes your friend horny!?
@zaako Maybe we should recommend him watch good hentai? Euphoria, for example.
May 27, 3:47 AM

Jul 2023
Jokes aside, I'm tempted to give this controversial anime a watch
one day.
May 27, 4:07 AM

Aug 2022
horimiya if you want a chill show

Bofuri: i dont wanna get hurt so i maxed out my defense - if she likes games and anime

the original Spice and Wolf is great if she's any kind of intellectual

and for shits n gigs im gonna say Highschool DxD (if you know she's into that kinda thing lul)
May 27, 4:31 AM

Mar 2021
Gashadokur0 said:
A friend is coming over tonight, and she said before that she really likes anime. She is more of a casual fan who mainly watches mainstream shows. Any cute romantic anime for us to watch together? Or should I just Netflix and chill.

Has it even crossed your mind to ask whoever your girlfriend is what they might want to actually watch? She might not like "cute romantic anime" to begin with.

I just find it hard to believe you had a conversation with your girlfriend who happens to really like Anime yet not knowing any specific titles they actually watch to give you any ideas at all where you are turning to a bunch of random strangers online for suggestions.

In my opinion, if this person really likes you, it shouldn't matter what you two decide to watch together in the 1st place whether it be Anime or not.
May 27, 5:01 AM

Aug 2013
Punch Line is the one you seek. Good luck soldier.
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima

Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2 compared to other games released in 2024 is without a doubt a masterpiece.
HOWEVER...
Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2 compared to far older games like Gears of War from 2006 is pretty lackluster and has lots of room for improvement -> 5.5/10
Lol Sony needs to stop sniffing their own farts, their IQ is crashing so hard they are gonna ruin the whole company.
May 27, 5:11 AM

May 2024
Reply to ColourWheel
Gashadokur0 said:

Has it even crossed your mind to ask whoever your girlfriend is what they might want to actually watch? She might not like "cute romantic anime" to begin with.

I just find it hard to believe you had a conversation with your girlfriend who happens to really like Anime yet not knowing any specific titles they actually watch to give you any ideas at all where you are turning to a bunch of random strangers online for suggestions.

In my opinion, if this person really likes you, it shouldn't matter what you two decide to watch together in the 1st place whether it be Anime or not.
@ColourWheel For god sake, it is not that complicated. I just want some anime suggestions, that's all. It's not like we are going to spend the entire night watching anime, we'll obviously be doing other things too.
May 27, 5:12 AM

May 2024
@SaltyCookie Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not going to risk everything just for the sake of a meme.
May 27, 5:24 AM
Oct 2023
Scum's wish, she will be on in few epsiodes only
May 27, 5:42 AM

May 2021
Gashadokur0 said:
A friend is coming over tonight, and she said before that she really likes anime. She is more of a casual fan who mainly watches mainstream shows. Any cute romantic anime for us to watch together? Or should I just Netflix and chill

I mean it depends what her taste is, what sorta genres does she like with other movies/TV shows?
May 27, 6:01 AM

Feb 2018

If This Hypothetical Girlfriend of Mine
fails to appreciate the Honest, True-Blue Romance and overall Sweet-Natured Vibe that permeates Ai Yori Aoshi
... then she honestly is No "Girlfriend" at all worth proceeding any farther with;

May 27, 7:25 AM
Handler One

Jan 2023
I’d really suggest that you both talk it out and see what she likes rather than gambling on something she may or may not like.

That being said though, you can probably go with Insomniacs After School for a “girlfriend” option.

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
May 27, 12:58 PM

Jul 2010
The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten

I mean it's not something you should watch alone, only if you must. lol
May 27, 1:36 PM
Handler One

Jan 2023
Reply to Vampire_Lord
The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten

I mean it's not something you should watch alone, only if you must. lol
@Vampire_Lord I swear that anime screams both girlfriend and loneliness on a microphone dialed to the loudest volume lol.

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
May 27, 1:46 PM

May 2014
Ore Monogatari!! has great comedy and cute romance.
May 27, 4:13 PM

Oct 2022
I'd recommend
- Yona of the Dawn
- Fruits Basket (this one is long though)
- Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts
- A Sign of Affection
- The Yuzuki Family's Four Sons (not romance)

I've watched most of these with my girlfriend and we enjoyed them so you guys might as well.
-Login to mal
-Looks at notifications
-Three messages deleted
"Oh no"
May 27, 5:12 PM

Aug 2022
If you are in the mood for not so serious recommendations.... I suggest "The Girlfriend" trilogy of shows:

But if you're looking for a serious recommendation, some have already put forward good ones such as Your Name., A Silent Voice, Kaguya-sama, etc. I will add to the "serious" recommendations:

May 27, 6:21 PM

Mar 2018
Just ask her what she likes and decide on the spot. Don't risk choosing something you don't know she enjoys or has already watched. Also, be careful with all the degenerate/male target audience focused romance recommendations people made in this thread. Both in a serious manner and not.
May 27, 6:25 PM

Apr 2020
Fruits basket, your name, a silent voice , but you should rlly ask cuz we don’t know her.

Also don’t listen to these incels idk what they recommending ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 6:29 PM

Mar 2019
Thank God I never had a girlfriend so I can't speak from experience, but if you're looking for a romance anime I think Kimi ni Todoke is a good choice.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/6045/Kimi_ni_Todoke?q=kimi%20ni&cat=anime
May 27, 7:58 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to Kenzolo-folk
Fruits basket, your name, a silent voice , but you should rlly ask cuz we don’t know her.

Also don’t listen to these incels idk what they recommending ๐Ÿ˜ญ
@Kenzolo-folk

Imagine calling other people incels for having different taste.
GoatPieceLuffyMay 27, 8:12 PM
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
May 27, 8:11 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to GoatPieceLuffy
@Kenzolo-folk

Imagine calling other people incels for having different taste.
@GoatPieceLuffy

Nah that’s definitely not why I’m calling them incels..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 8:13 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to Kenzolo-folk
@GoatPieceLuffy

Nah that’s definitely not why I’m calling them incels..
@Kenzolo-folk

Maybe go outside and relax?
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
May 27, 8:26 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to GoatPieceLuffy
@Kenzolo-folk

Maybe go outside and relax?
@GoatPieceLuffy

Idk what I’m giving off but I’m not upset at anything or anybody ?
I’m just saying don’t take recommendations from people who watch weird hentai, they’re probably not gonna be much help.
May 27, 8:37 PM

Jul 2021
It will depend on what she likes to watch! Do you know what shows she usually enjoy outside anime?
May 27, 8:40 PM

Feb 2020
"Can you suggest some anime that would be great to watch with a girl-friend"

Sasameki Koto.
May 27, 8:57 PM

Apr 2022
Any of these, they are short and you don't have to pay much attention.
Hey dude
May 27, 9:14 PM
May 2012
As someone has already explained to you, the guessing game makes no sense, it's not like if you guess her tastes right you get points, ask her directly what is her favorite anime, ask her what kind of genre she is into, or let her choose directly that day because depending on the mood, the situation and with who's she's watching the show everything changes. There is not such a thing as the friends anime situation, just think about a "Christmas movie" there's literally any kind of movie about such theme. People will just suggest you what they know and what they like and nobody has a clue on what you like, what she does like and the relation you two have.
So if you want some suggestions for the sake of it go on but rely on that is useless compared to what is the right thing to do, which is let her choose.
May 27, 11:29 PM

Feb 2019
holy shit these comments, it doesnt matter, with my gf i just hit fckin random on 9anime or anime randomizer website and we watched some random shit bro.

Im assuming you alrdy watched alot of stuff beforee, just recommend whatever you like, it dont even got to be romance, im watchin op with my gf and we are at ep 500+ lmao

Zamus_EditsMay 27, 11:33 PM
May 28, 7:43 AM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
Thread moved from the Anime Discussion board to the Anime & Manga Recommendations board.

More topics from this board

» Are there any female protagonist a Phantom Thief

Kirika_Madeleine - 6 hours ago

1 by JoeChip »»
3 hours ago

» A Ship's Crew Anime (not one piece)

Bojac - Yesterday

5 by JoeChip »»
4 hours ago

» Want some underrated good anime

Roktim583A - Sep 24

6 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
5 hours ago

» what to watch after Lain

kerokero- - Sep 14

12 by mo_lave »»
Yesterday, 11:03 PM

» Anime with a living weapon

ConsRg__ - Yesterday

16 by Tropisch »»
Yesterday, 9:08 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.