Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Witch and the Beast
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
Guideau's grudge against witches and her past really shapes her character now. She just can't seem drop her murderous intents anymore.

Then again, we do get more storytelling and seemingly building up for the season finale. Just hoping Guideau knows what she's doing because witches aren't going away any time soon, at least in her lifetime.
Mar 28, 10:47 AM

Apr 2016
I completely agree with that blonde kid boy, what's going on with all these things happening one after another in a short span of time, lol. Nice flashback tho, i guess it was due time to see how the two of our duo actually met.

I wonder how they gonna end it.
Mar 28, 10:57 AM

Feb 2021
Cool episode. I don't think Falvell's story will be important in the grand scheme of things, but I enjoyed it.
Last episode next week.
EmbientMar 28, 11:58 AM
Mar 28, 11:01 AM

Jun 2021
Down to the last episode of the season are we now
They gotta announce 2nd season soon

ıllıllı 𝘚𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘺 : Cozii ıllıllı | ᑕᗩᖇᗪ ᑕOᒪᒪEᑕTIOᑎ | • • ᗪEᒪIᐯEᖇY • •
Mar 28, 12:01 PM
Sep 2015
I feel like Ashaf knows that he himself is handsome and he tries to use his charm to persuade other people as the first level of negotiation. He'll only use his magic if things can't be done by his physical attraction.
Mar 28, 12:02 PM
Jul 2014
Why make a point of explicitly stating that she can't even make noises from her mouth, only to constantly have her doing that?
Mar 28, 1:07 PM
Feb 2024
I really enjoyed getting a peek into their past- seeing how they met was really interesting, and I loved seeing Guideau and Ashaf fight! I didn’t realize just how powerful he really was.
I kind of had a feeling about Craig (especially after the origin witch 😂) but I didn’t expect Ashaf to just turn around and shoot him. Smart, honestly. A lot of characters list their reasoning before doing anything, which is great for viewers, but taking care of the problem and then talking it out is a lot smarter (though it didn’t exactly go as planned…)
If Falvell is also cursed, does that mean she would be really powerful and dangerous (even by witch standards) if she had her voice?

A witch that can’t cast spells… this anime really is fascinating. Falvell and Owent seem like really sweet kids, too. If she can’t speak that means she can’t cast spells, so does that mean the only witchy power she’s got going for her is the guaranteed 200 years of life?
Love that Ashaf convinced those two guys to treat their wives well and buy them flowers with his magic, that was a really nice touch.
Mar 28, 1:38 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I wasn't expecting Craig to be an executioner, but Ashaf got hurt after suspecting him. Now the executioners have found Falvell and Owent. I wonder if Guideau is going to save them?
Mar 28, 1:52 PM
Aug 2020
it was another great episode

i knew it for the kid and the father or at least the father...

i don't want to wait to see the next one...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Mar 28, 2:28 PM

Apr 2008
Crazy how they inverted the timeline now. Keeps things fresh in an odd way.
Mar 28, 3:34 PM

May 2019
It's interesting how this series will end the season with 2 flashback-type episodes but I don't mind since I'm curious as to how Ashaf and Guideau met. On that note I imagine that Guideau will help Ashaf fight both executioners since she wants to know how to break the witch's curse.
Mar 28, 3:38 PM
Feb 2024
I want season 2 after Ep 12
Mar 28, 4:05 PM

Sep 2023
Pretty decent episode. It was nice to get some background on Guideau and Ashaf and their relationship. I am assuming that this flashback will tie into the greater story in some way, but it feels weird that this is where we'll be ending the season next week. There was also some incredibly wonky art and animation this episode... characters didn't even look the same in some of the scenes.
Mar 28, 5:05 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Well next weeks episode will be the last and I’m wondering if will get a season 2 announcement or if it’s still going to be awhile before we get any confirmation of a second season.
Mar 28, 6:39 PM

Dec 2021
I didn't expect a flashback at the end of the season, but I'm glad we learned how those two met. It's odd seeing Guideau carrying her own coffin instead of Ashaf.

I laughed when Ashaf shot that Executioner kid. Is this his first time dealing with the Executioners?

Mar 28, 8:33 PM

Jul 2017
Ashaf and Guideau's past of 3 years ago, where he was just an ordinary Order of Magical Resonance mage handling witch cases, with a series of witch killings have been dealt in an unremarkable village. All the suspicions point to the witch of Falvell Farmington, which Ashaf saved her, her brother Owent and another kid (Craig) under prejudice from the adults. If that is not worse enough, him encountering Guideau, at the time a lone cursed human with her coffin, while attracting the attention of fellow villagers, it's a bad sight.

Ashaf taking the kids back to Falvell's place with Guideau restrained while trying to find the witch who cursed her. A little lesson for the kids on magic, Falvell soon learns that she's a descendant of the Mystic Witch Luna, one who uses invocation, a speech magic. But since Falvell can't use magic, some entity is using that against her name, which is riling up the village. Of course, the kids are cleared of any wrongdoings, but the Farmington family is clearly in danger, and Ashaf deems them both of his protection. But since witches like her use vocative magic, which witches will eventually lose their voices, it's a misnomer, and that only confirms true when Craig and his father are both accomplices in the witch hunt: the Executioners.

Trouble lurks at the very first suspicion, and sadly, Ashaf didn't see this one coming.
Mar 28, 10:36 PM

Nov 2021
Really liked this episode and I'm sad that this arc will be over in just the next one.
Mar 28, 10:50 PM

Jun 2015
Didn't expect to see Ashaf with the blikky. 5/5 episode.
Mar 28, 10:59 PM

Feb 2019
Only one more episode to go. This show continues to be CRIMINALLY underrated and under viewed.

Pretty interesting to get a flashback arc with two episodes to go, but hey I’ll take it. I see why Ashaf was reminded of he and Guideau first meeting during that fight at the end of last week’s episode. A miscommunication when they’re both on the same side really, same way things opened up between them on the fifth continent.

Craig being a fed was like the least surprising twist ever. Came up out of nowhere, just gave off weird vibes and was too perfect. I wonder how they’re gonna deal with he and his partner next week. Didn’t think Ashaf would just straight up shoot him lol.

They also answered the question I had from last week about Guideau’s real body and the coffin. So she was indeed carrying it around before she met Ashaf…

We need a season 2 for sure. We barely scratched the surface of this world! I hope Falvell gets out ok.
Marinate1016Mar 29, 10:15 PM
Mar 29, 6:43 AM
Apr 2021
Nooooooo I was so invested into this episode then BOOM the ending song appeared man like shit was getting so good with the executioners appearing and shit😭😭

So this is how Ashaf and Guideau met and I’ll be honest it’s funny that Guideau who’s still the same old same old and then you got Ashaf really plays the cool role so we’ll everything bro says just sounds like he’s always in control of the situation + bro pulled out the BLICKY and shot a kid with no hesitation🤣💀💀

Next episode is the last episode I’m sad this show is ending its really good man😫🔥
Mar 29, 11:20 AM

Nov 2011
Reply to phantom346
phantom346 said:

Me neither :3 But i felt like he suspected this kid, because earlier he had sad "I will protect you two", while there were 3 kids tho.
Mar 29, 4:38 PM
Jul 2023
Now with 100% more attempted child murder
Mar 30, 8:56 AM

Oct 2016
Seeing how Ashaf and Guideau met is very cool. Even though we’ve known these characters for a while, they felt very mysterious in this episode. And the whole plot around a witch who couldn’t speak was really interesting. I’m looking forward to watching the season finale tomorrow. (9/10)
Mar 30, 9:26 AM
Feb 2024
Reply to HotRodster
Seeing how Ashaf and Guideau met is very cool. Even though we’ve known these characters for a while, they felt very mysterious in this episode. And the whole plot around a witch who couldn’t speak was really interesting. I’m looking forward to watching the season finale tomorrow. (9/10)
@HotRodster actually it's not tomorrow it's on 5th of avril
Mar 30, 9:52 AM

Oct 2016
Reply to Haninegharbi
@HotRodster actually it's not tomorrow it's on 5th of avril
@Haninegharbi I'm dumb. lol. I meant next week.
Mar 30, 10:29 AM

Mar 2008
Oh damn felt cut short. I hope Farvell will be alright.
Mar 30, 4:02 PM

Jan 2011
Seems we'll get one more story arc.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Mar 30, 9:28 PM

Jul 2008
The origin story to end it....this won't end well for the kids.
Mar 31, 4:05 AM

Sep 2021
I really enjoy this show I just wish the animation wasn't so lacking.
Mar 31, 6:38 AM

Feb 2021
After all this time the executioner is with them and disguised as a child.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 31, 10:06 AM

Jun 2021
oh yeahh backstory time, just one more ep to go which is sad

ıllıllı 𝘚𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘺 : Cozii ıllıllı | ᑕᗩᖇᗪ ᑕOᒪᒪEᑕTIOᑎ | • • ᗪEᒪIᐯEᖇY • •
Apr 1, 2:25 PM

Sep 2014
Reply to Mirality
Why make a point of explicitly stating that she can't even make noises from her mouth, only to constantly have her doing that?
@Mirality Right, I feel like this annoyed me way more than it should have. Aside from this it was a decent episode.
Apr 2, 6:00 PM

May 2023
I hope they announce a second season after it ends cuz this show is PEAK
Apr 3, 2:07 AM
Jul 2022
The show is getting interesting again since the last ep. This was a great ep. I'm scared of what's gonna happen next.
Apr 5, 3:00 AM

Mar 2007
This anime actually knows how to do backstory well! It's obvious, it's long and it's not just randomly inserted in the middle of a fight!

Ashaf's character is used to do a lot of exposition, balancing out show and tell in equal measures.
Apr 11, 6:17 PM

May 2015
That's twice now Executioner's went after weakened witches. I guess all witches are fair game to them. Meanwhile, Ashaf and Guideau's first meeting being a fight sounds right!
Apr 29, 7:09 PM

Aug 2019
Ofc, Guideau punches first before asking any questions lol

And once again, Ashaf is acting like the gentleman he is

Nooo leave the girl and her brother alone
Jul 8, 8:03 AM

Mar 2015
Damn I don't see this turning out well.. Either her brother is going to die or both of them are

More topics from this board

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 4

89 by frederico666 »»
Sep 14, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21

39 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 3, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14

56 by Matheus050 »»
Aug 28, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7

49 by Matheus050 »»
Aug 21, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 29

42 by Matheus050 »»
Jul 12, 10:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.