Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2023 5:27 AM

Nov 2011
Will's plan sounds fundamental this epsiode. However, what excited him more is the chance to visit his hometown again.

It's great that Augustus is still around this season. I feel like he and Will always had a special relationship in this series ever since appearing on-screen together. Just glad they met again this season.
Nov 11, 2023 5:32 AM

Feb 2021
Holy damn Will finally told them about his past lmao
So good to see Gus again. All of his lines are gold.
And I loved that ending lol. No romance here so far.
Nov 11, 2023 5:40 AM

Dec 2021
Aw man Will and Gus's reunion made me tear up a bit.

With determination to confront the dragon, Will and the gang depart from Torch Port and head towards the Rust Mountains. Will plans to ascend a tributary of the river to infiltrate the mountains from the rear, aiming to outmaneuver the demons. Along the way, Will, who hails from the city of the dead, decides to make a stop in his hometown. His heart pounds with anticipation as he is about to reunite with Gus, separated for two long years.

The humorous banter between Gus and Will is delightful. Gus's proposal to lure the dragon adds a classic DnD Bard touch, albeit without the usual romantic twist (or maybe there's a hint of romance?). It's amusing how Gus's thoughts have been what we've thinking all this time. In any other Isekai, he'd probably have a harem of girls by now. I'm glad Gus remains unchanged, lol. I burst out laughing when he listed all the cliches, only to realize they were all male. Initially, I thought Anna would be Will's love interest, but the Castlevania vibe they're giving isn't a bad twist at all.

Gus remains the same and that makes me happy.

Nov 11, 2023 6:29 AM
Sep 2015
The world building is just amazing, isn't it?

I don't think Gus will have any problem if Will introduce Meneldor as his lover.
Nov 11, 2023 6:46 AM
Jul 2023
Gus channeling the Shinzo Abe energy.

Wonder who Will will end up with.
Nov 11, 2023 9:27 AM

Feb 2019
So nice to see Gus back. The nostalgia for season 1 was strong in this episode. Seeing everyone getting their weapons together for the hunt was cool as well. I’m really excited for what’s coming next.
Nov 11, 2023 9:53 AM

Mar 2010
W Gus for being based. It is kinda sad that a hero can't even land a gal. It goes to show even with status women don't know a value of a man.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 11, 2023 10:56 AM
Oct 2022
Glad he isn't the type of protagonist to keep his origin story secret for 5 seasons! Gus is still great and everyone realizes the significance of where they are. (Possibly, because they're on their own journey that could end similarly for them.)

I've been thinking the show plans to place Menel as the romantic lead but never see it through.(His hair and style of dress reminds me of an old-timey brothel worker.) With all Gus's questioning, I wonder if they'll do that, have MC with a girl down the line, or just keep everything platonic and carry out a heroic adventure without introducing romance.
Nov 11, 2023 10:58 AM

Mar 2019
"Being alive and not being dead are not the same thing" very good! ⁠(⁠•⁠ˇ⁠‿⁠ˇ⁠•⁠)
Nov 11, 2023 12:05 PM

Dec 2018
this show is always so full of feeling and i love it. Gus is a class act despite appearing classless at first glance. one of my favorite stories right now. that troubadour girl is going to absolutely love gus.
Nov 11, 2023 12:11 PM

Jun 2015
Its good to see Gus again, and he wasn't stingy on that equipment upgrade. I liked how Gus reinforced that the undead god actually allowed Gus to live on to take care of Will and also pass on the other two heros properly. Added a lot of credence to what he said in earlier ep. Question is now, will what he say be true and best Paladin going to die if he fights!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 11, 2023 2:15 PM

Sep 2009
"So, ou are the "bandit girl"" (c) Gus is perfect.

But we all no Will is Gracefeel-sexual.

On the other hand it was calm but pretty eventful episode. Let's see where it will go.
Nov 11, 2023 3:20 PM

Nov 2012
I was thrilled to see Gus again. Did you make money? How about women? Priorities.
Money & honey. The Gus way of life.
Nov 11, 2023 5:22 PM

Apr 2013
Ahhh, Gus and Will together again <3

.·:*¨ 重逢的时代 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟎:𝟒𝟐 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟑:𝟏𝟑
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
Nov 11, 2023 7:59 PM
Jun 2007
Will back to his old hometown and reunited with Gus.
Stock up some armoury and ready for next adventure.
Nov 12, 2023 4:17 AM
Mar 2020
I almost forget that they visited old Gus on the way to the dragon. However, the anime established Stagnate as a goddess far earlier than the manga did, and Will was surprised about it too.
Nov 12, 2023 5:08 AM
Apr 2023
Nice to see Gus again after all that time.
And I share his frustration - the only person closest to a beautiful girl that Wil can ever meet is in fact a dude (Meneldor) or a goddess he is simping on (Gracefeel).

Heck even the best girl in his land did not even make a connection with him.
Nov 12, 2023 7:12 AM
Mar 2019
Well, a legendary quest requires legendary equipment. Nice to see Will go back home.
Nov 12, 2023 7:29 AM

Jul 2017
With the dawn of a new day, everyone preps for the armed assault to the Rust Mountains, which to Will, travelling to the lakeside city is like a homecoming to his guardians, the Three Heroes. Blood and Mary might not have been alive now, but only his grandfather Gus is, which gives Will quite a scare. And the first thing he's concerned of is money, and also, his relationship, which Gus is rather amused that he made friends with guys instead of girls, the typical wizard lols. Ghelheis also got his moment with Gus being the one saved by him, which bears all the nostalgia. To Will, it's home sweet home for him, though Gus easily mistook Menel for the bandit girl (due to his hairstyle).

Will asking Gus about Valacirca, it's valuable intel worth remembering, though to Gus, money and women are all he cares about. An armoury that Gus has kept hidden from Will from warriors defeating the High King, all these will come in handy, though each and everything has its own story imbued of valiant courage.

Slow burn, but getting there.
Nov 12, 2023 2:57 PM
Apr 2021
Ok but wtf was menel outfit at 13:00 his fighting armor are victorian stylr underwear?💀
Nov 12, 2023 4:20 PM
Apr 2021
Que felicidad da ver a Gus otra vez y tan carismatico como siempre ojala Willian y Robina lleguen a tener un romance
Nov 12, 2023 10:21 PM

Jul 2015
I feel Guys. I wish Will would find a girl, start a family and have a child. But so far he met only guys and his friendship with Bell is just to precious to go any further.

Nov 13, 2023 12:14 AM
Jul 2021
Old man Gus really got his priorities straight. He ıs rıght omg gıve hım grandchıld already😆

All the while me over here remembering when Will got his first boner from his mom 😂
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Nov 13, 2023 5:09 AM

Dec 2017
I feel you Gus, if this goes on you and us viewers are going to die before seeing Will with a grandchild. Though when they talked about taking the borrowed money back, I do feel author was hinting at a potential romance partner. It will be a really long wait...
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Nov 14, 2023 12:37 PM

Oct 2019
I strongly suspect Gus is not going to see any grandchildren from Will before both pass into the Great Beyond :)
Nov 14, 2023 1:11 PM
May 2011
Reply to Rasco
W Gus for being based. It is kinda sad that a hero can't even land a gal. It goes to show even with status women don't know a value of a man.
@Rasco No it doesn't. This is a fictional story, and the only reason Will doesn't have a wife is because the author decided not to give him one, and there are plenty of stories where the hero MC ends up with a harem of girls.
Nov 14, 2023 6:35 PM
Aug 2021
This anime has a great design, I like de art.
This episode was interesting because the old possessor from the armors was simillar than the new one.
How we say in Brazil, this anime majes our hearth warm.
Nov 16, 2023 8:41 AM
Mar 2015
A homecoming for our boi
Dec 2, 2023 10:11 AM

Oct 2017
Back to where it all begun and Will finally told them about his past, about time. Good to see Gus again, missed Blood and Mary this episode. Also I feel you there Gus, why is Will still without a bitch.
Dec 26, 2023 9:10 PM
Dec 2022
A return to home before meeting the dragon. Good to see old Gus again.
Jan 12, 11:14 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to Mainnus
Gus channeling the Shinzo Abe energy.

Wonder who Will will end up with.
@Mainnus awry thing i heard from source readers points to the goddess, if she gets enough followers she would be able to take psychical form
Jan 12, 11:18 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to Fail_Man_X
@Rasco No it doesn't. This is a fictional story, and the only reason Will doesn't have a wife is because the author decided not to give him one, and there are plenty of stories where the hero MC ends up with a harem of girls.
@Fail_Man_X @Rasco he does one day, awry thing i heard from source readers points to the goddess, if she gets enough followers she would be able to take psychical form and then they can have a family

both have admitted feelings to each other, not in the series though

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is this adaptation better than the first season?

Ghefira - Sep 13

3 by CheliosX »»
Sep 13, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin: Tetsusabi no Yama no Ou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2023

60 by Abyhape »»
Aug 17, 2:20 AM

» Where are the girls in this show?

Dije - Jun 9

6 by Abyhape »»
Aug 17, 2:19 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin: Tetsusabi no Yama no Ou Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2023

34 by DarkTh3Light »»
May 31, 7:03 PM

» Anime vs manga

Hugowolf - Apr 12

0 by Hugowolf »»
Apr 12, 2:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.